Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-12, 00:43   Link #3281
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
He's up there in maybe the top 10% of fighters, going by strictly human standards. Then again, this series has more than humans, with magicians, youkai and demons running around in the background ^^; (Wow, reading this sentence made me realize just how far this series has diverged from its roots of being detectives, and is now just another of those romance comedy settings + action >.>)
yokai and demons. I haven't been here for a while i tought it was some kind of detective conan-like setting with something like a black organization and all but this was unexpected. i think I need to read the translations. and also, good news for the new translator
Old 2013-08-26, 11:55   Link #3282
tm902541

Cloud = Teleport =.=" (End vol 14 mentions)

"Ruyi Jingu Bang" = Laser (shot from the right eye)

Spoiler for illustration vol 15:

Last edited by tm902541; 2013-08-27 at 01:25.
tm902541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 19:37   Link #3283
nhormight

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]
Who is do it with they like this T_T

They arrested. ?
nhormight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:15   Link #3284
sky black swordman

^^ Is that that white haired girl with blue eyes , Jeanne?! If so, it looks like she finally fallen for Kinji and is going on the "attack!"
Go Jeanne! XD
Old 2013-08-26, 22:21   Link #3285
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm902541 View Post
Spoiler for illustration vol 15:
Don't tell me they actually let that girl on the cover go to school in that uniform.

And oh great, Nazis. >.>
Old 2013-08-27, 00:38   Link #3286
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

I see Kinji is expanding his empire.

Wanted to type my sincere thanks to the translators and editors, both past and present, for all you have done for the rest of us. Sadly, words are not enough to describe the joys I have received from reading this series over the years. While it is indeed sad to see most of the fanfare for this series pass away, I decided long ago to finish this tale if possible someday.

I have had some thoughts on my mind for awhile now, and if my memory is not completely off, none of these thoughts have truly been revealed in the author's words. Prepare for a long list.

1. Regarding the effects of Irokane on the body. We know that Sherlock was slightly affected by Hihiirokane, given that even with copying Vlad's life extension power, Sherlock was affected by its departure from him to Aria. I find this a bit odd, given that I assume by his own words that it needed to be within a host's body to truly transfer its effects. If so, has he had it within him at some point, or was he really just carrying it around all this time and yet had at least the longevity effect transferred?

Furthermore, does all Irokane have the same similar affects just from possession? I mean, can Shirayuki control her hair, or is she now slightly life-elongated? (gah, my mind is failing me right now) What about Riko or Reki?

2. Who in possession of Irokane know about these effects? Do the Hotogi and other organizations know about the boost in longevity? Does Shirayuki know about the possible effects, along with Riko and Reki? Aria clearly does not know enough yet. I would imagine most of the cast would be upset if they realized that they could possibly remain young "forever" whilst Kinji grew old and died off (knowing Shirayuki, she would try to place some within him as well). Did Sherlock realize that he was possibly condemning his descendant to a life alone yet again?

3. Regarding the theme of irokane: So far it is evident that most if not all irokane is themed around the heart. If this is true, what is the theme behind the Hotogi's irokane (if what they possess is just one type)? I like to think that it themed around the fiery passion of the heart, hence the Hotogi members like Shirayuki's enhanced prowess with flames while in possession of it (that and because of how fiery she gets when someone messes with "Kin-chan").

4. Size/status of Ririirokane: I do wonder how large it is in regards to its effect on all of Ulus. Is it larger than most irokane, like a giant crystal-like structure centered within the Ulus territory (like a town crystal shard in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)? If it is indeed small like the other irokane examples so far, is it's effects highly potent and transferable across a long range? If Ulus moves around a lot (at least it seems so from what little we know about them), how is it retained? Is it kept within a locked, ornate box, or displayed atop the current leader of Ulus (which if you think about it is now Kinji technically)?

5. Effects of irokane upon each other: We know that there is a slight (if not downright cutthroat) rivalry between Ririirokane and Hihiirokane in the matters of the heart. Now, if the two were to come into close contact, what would happen? Could they possibly cancel each other out, to the point where neither has any effects on an individual possessing both? I think that this could make a plot point if Aria wished to rid herself of Hihiirokane's effects somehow, though it would fall under the "collect all of x to redeem oneself" sort of plot device. What about other irokanes? Perhaps this is why all the girls with it fight each other so much (as much as Kinji wishes this was the case).

6. Regarding the defeat of the last "Scarlet Blazing God": We know that this occurred long ago with both Hotogi and Tohyoma present. I do ponder though where exactly it occurred and who else was involved. Was Ulus present, using its treasure to "weaken" the monster? Was there any other groups that knew about Irokane present? Was the incident explained away as a "natural disaster" to the outside world? Furthermore, how did Hihiirokane end up in the hands of the British, and when? Did the Hotogi possess it after the battle and then pass it on at some point (perhaps as an agreement) or did it become lost until found by someone tied to the Royal family? I also ponder as to why it takes the form of a bullet tip, as obviously it could have been like that long ago.

Anyways, I await patiently to read the rest of the volumes, despite the sad downfall of the series to most. If there is one aspect of myself that I have found always useful in waiting to read more of a tale it is patience.

Well, being a blatant Reki fanboy helps as well. At least Kinji was bright enough to keep at her side (not that he really had much of a choice anyways). Despite the great summaries so far given for these last few volumes, I just want to read the bits of Reki messing about the Tohyoma family home so much!
Old 2013-08-30, 13:55   Link #3287
tsunade666

Is that Hitler!?

O_O

And in the last picture. Who is that? another clone of tohyama? he looks like Kinji.
Old 2013-08-30, 17:11   Link #3288
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

I assume it is GIV or Kana in "non-trap" mode, though even more clones wouldn't shock anyone at this point.
Old 2013-09-01, 09:46   Link #3289
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

New volume illustration pics:

Spoiler for Vol. 15:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 16:11   Link #3290
blackwhite67
Banned

So Kinji's finally made his move on Jeanne? Nice.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:40   Link #3291
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
New volume illustration pics:

Spoiler for Vol. 15:
After looking at the illustrations for volume 15, I realized something.

I can't believe it took this long to notice but is that Moe Mochizuki in a butei uniform?! So does that mean she is now going to Tokyo Butei High School?!
Old 2013-09-01, 18:41   Link #3292
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
So Kinji's finally made his move on Jeanne? Nice.
You know. I've been waiting for so long to see that coming.

But right now... Damn... Can we even see what he has becoming? He's becoming Araragi 2.0, a lolicon. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

I can't believe it took this long to notice but is that Moe Mochizuki in a butei uniform?! So does that mean she is now going to Tokyo Butei High School?!
Who knew? We'll find out later.
Old 2013-09-01, 21:51   Link #3293
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

I also thought its Moe and Kikuyo but I'm not setting my illusions high up so I doubt it but when someone notice it too then hell yea!

at first I was doubting because last time I heard. Kinji and Moe already had their farewells in vol 13 but its good to have her back.
Old 2013-09-04, 07:19   Link #3294
ZeKeR
Superbad

Aria will not be amused that there is a contender for tsundere. at least Kikuyo doesn't go and pull M1911's at Kinji.

Moe may make many an enemy to Kinji's PMC... that is if Jeanne's lulz will not step up.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:31   Link #3295
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Aria will not be amused that there is a contender for tsundere. at least Kikuyo doesn't go and pull M1911's at Kinji.

Moe may make many an enemy to Kinji's PMC... that is if Jeanne's lulz will not step up.
Since when he has a PMC of his own?

Besides, I'm looking forward to see Jeanne going out with Kinji.
Old 2013-09-05, 03:33   Link #3296
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Since when he has a PMC of his own?

Besides, I'm looking forward to see Jeanne going out with Kinji.
well he already HAS a PMC so to speak:

Misaki - comms
Riko - intel, backup forward
Reki - sniper, backup
Aria - forward
Kinji himself, forward
Aya - armory (assuming she does a good job for it)
Shiranui - backup forward
Shirayuki - divination, support forward
Jeanne - intel (sort of), support forward
Fuuma - infiltrator
Kikuyo(?) - third party backup aka Yakuza
Kaname - forward
Muto - logistics

dear lord....
Old 2013-09-05, 10:46   Link #3297
Saito123

Sad news everybody.
The Hidan no Aria project has been officially declared abandoned.

http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index....=Hidan_no_Aria

Apparently it's been licensed and the first volume has made it's apparence as a ebook form.
If anybody has more information about this, please pm or right a comment here.
I'm still a bit confused as I've just been told about this like literally 2 minutes ago :'(
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 11:41   Link #3298
Saito123

I have found it. Seems like it's true :'(

http://www.digitalmangaguild.com/

https://www.emanga.com/detail?itemid=1340
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:25   Link #3299
NeoN120291

The most sad thing about novel being licensed is that there is a high possibility of it being dropped. And it's not likely that all the translators from Baka-tsuki, that translated this novel, will continue their work, if such thing will happen.
Well, at least I still have 10 volumes...
NeoN120291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 15:33   Link #3300
B4timer

Was everything lisenced?

Because everything was deleted
if not then they could have continue translating and only deleted vol 1?
B4timer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen