AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 23:05   Link #3641
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am thinking for "next year". Assuming the school survives and the volleyball team stays with tanks (as well as volleyball). Their leader will be a senior next year but the other three girls will be juniors.
Old 2013-01-02, 23:14   Link #3642
Top Sergeant

Maybe the Volleyball team will "capture" a PzIII from their opposition, that would give them a fairly fast and manueverable tank, and if it had a long 50 the gun would be better than the one they have.

Of course making off with a Panther would be even better.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 23:24   Link #3643
Sumeragi
Banned

For some reason the Type 97-Kai Shinhoto Chi-Ha would fit the Volleyball team.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 23:46   Link #3644
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm, a 47mm anti-tank gun. It would probably be on par with the anti-tank guns on the Char B1 and M3 Lee at this point (and as good or possibly better than the gun on the Panzer 38(t).) If Pravda fielded older tanks, or if the other schools were limited to early war tanks that would be enough in most instances. But against mid-late war tanks? Not so much. The B1 and Lee at least have some armor and have been effectly blockers so far. (the Type 89 has been this too, but that is quite dangerous even with modified game shells).
Old 2013-01-02, 23:53   Link #3645
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Captain
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Friendship
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 00:12   Link #3646
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Images
Headshot!
Images
Cure Darjeeling
Images
Homemade Tank
Images
Assassination
Images
Enemy Tank

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 00:17   Link #3647
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Cure Darjeeling
Could've at least gone with Berry.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 02:27   Link #3648
gaiar31

Golden!!!

Spoiler:
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 02:58   Link #3649
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2013-01-03, 10:36   Link #3650
kimpleng
Lurker

Spoiler for I can't read:
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 12:52   Link #3651
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

It's basically Saori offering love advice in order to distract them. The spy girl told Kay to shut up as to not interrupt Saori.
Old 2013-01-03, 13:46   Link #3652
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
Spoiler for I can't read:
Miho noticed the balloon and realized their conversations were being intercepted thus she told Saori to confuse the enemy with unrelated, misc. topics. Saori then starts offering relationship advices over the radio and had Arisa hooked. Kay then inquired what the team should do next with Arisa asking Kay not to interrupt because she might learn a thing or two to mend her relationship with Takashi.

"Please be quiet, I am currently fighting for the future of myself and Takashi!"

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 14:02   Link #3653
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
[/images]

Snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
If they were fighting a bunch of nincompoops that would work fine, but no such luck on that part even with Anzio, let alone Kuromine...
It requires that they at least sacrifice some tanks to see what's up on the other side, and they can't approach it without potentially having an Oorai tank in a dead angle.

As well, Kuromine is very Tank Destroyer-heavy. Forcing them into a close-range fight with all but the 89 and the B1 would thin out their ranks and give them fewer vehicles to work with.

My memory is faulty, but I think both the Jagdpanzer 38(t) and the Panzer IV, as well as the StuG and Lee's 75mm could potentially penetrate a Koenigstiger and Jagdtiger from the side, as well as the Jagdpanther and Jagdpanzers, and the Panther was given trouble by 14.5mm rifles - a 75mm L/48 could cut one open pretty easily from the side, and the hill means their mobility is limited. As well, indirect fire is a no-go, because Oorai'd definately be in the "Artillery Shadow" if you will.

Of course, Oorai is on the side of the hill closest Kuromine's firing positions. The hill, and getting whatever tanks they could over it (including the Flag, the Pz.IV) could probably spare a fair amount of their tanks.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 14:28   Link #3654
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Images
Assassination
At first I thought Nonna was simply slapping/chopping the back of her neck, but upon closer inspection, she has what appears to be a syringe in her hand. Now "Assassination" makes more sense.

Endless "KGB" Soul
Old 2013-01-03, 14:33   Link #3655
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
At first I thought Nonna was simply slapping/chopping the back of her neck, but upon closer inspection, she has what appears to be a syringe in her hand. Now "Assassination" makes more sense.

Endless "KGB" Soul
In Soviet-Russia...

Oh nevermind...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 15:30   Link #3656
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

Endless "KGB" Soul
I interpreted it as Nonna snapping the Sherman-Tank-Commander-Chick-Whose-Name-Escapes-Me's brassi-

*eats 105mm HE-AT shell*
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 15:46   Link #3657
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And yet Saunders won the Cold War....
Old 2013-01-03, 15:48   Link #3658
Midonin
Last Engage

I was never particularly interested in the soundtrack, and simply am not for most shows. Incidental music is nice, but vocal songs are simply more my style. So, I've gotten around to listening to the character songs. Just the main characters, of course, but if the show is popular enough, there's nothing stopping Lantis from releasing albums/singles for everyone else.

My impressions.

Miho
Mai Fuchigami only had two songs before this (one group, one solo, both for Denpa Onna), and I always like seeing how new VAs handle the material. She's got a good voice, and I enjoyed both of her songs. The first one is nice and energetic, but I like the melody of "infinity orbit" a little more.

Saori
Ai Kayano has proven she has a really strong voice already, so not much to analyze here. Her first song is really catchy, though it sounds sort of like a character song from Asu no Yoichi! a few years back. The second one sounds a little jazzy. So far, I'm finding that I like the B-sides a little more than the A-sides.

Hana
Hana's songs were always going to sound a little slower paced, a little more elegant than the rest of the quintet. Her A-side is very peaceful. So many of the songs in this set have what I would call a "sunset" mood to them. I don't know the musical terminology that creates it, but it sounds simultaneously accomplished and wistful. Of course, to balance it out, her B-side is a lot more upbeat. It sounds like it could serve as an ending theme for another, different kind of series. For a newbie, Mami Ozaki's a decent singer.

Yukari
Every song so far has focused on friendship in its lyrics more than anything else. The focus of Yukari's songs was always known. Despite things I've said in the past, I'll fully admit that, musically, I love Yukari's A-side. The guitar and piano make for something sort of pop-rocky that's really fun to listen to. Everything I said applies to her B-side as well. Leave it to the mood maker to provide the songs that would be most fun to karaoke to. Ikumi Nakagami carries the songs pretty well. I look forward to more music from her in the future.

Mako
Like Kayano, Yuka Iguchi's been established for a few years. I don't really need to evaluate her singing ability. Her first song kinda reminds me of one of Hitagi's songs from Bakemonogatari. It's a nice easy listening song. Her B-side is also a style of music I like. A kind of music box feeling, coupled with lyrics about Mako singing about getting some sleep already.

A very nicely-produced set of five all around. Yukari's my favorite musically, but they're all pretty good. And they all do a good job at capturing the school life half of the series in terms of mood. I thought they'd be more like the songs on the OST, but the battlefield is the battlefield, these are more about what they're like off it. (Except for, again, maybe Yukari. That's a really blurry line.)

I always value waiting for scans from any CD, and it's made clear why here. The spines for the CDs, when lined up, produce this.

Images
Forever associated with skintight bodysuits
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 21:08   Link #3659
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Snap!

It requires that they at least sacrifice some tanks to see what's up on the other side, and they can't approach it without potentially having an Oorai tank in a dead angle.

As well, Kuromine is very Tank Destroyer-heavy. Forcing them into a close-range fight with all but the 89 and the B1 would thin out their ranks and give them fewer vehicles to work with.

My memory is faulty, but I think both the Jagdpanzer 38(t) and the Panzer IV, as well as the StuG and Lee's 75mm could potentially penetrate a Koenigstiger and Jagdtiger from the side, as well as the Jagdpanther and Jagdpanzers, and the Panther was given trouble by 14.5mm rifles - a 75mm L/48 could cut one open pretty easily from the side, and the hill means their mobility is limited. As well, indirect fire is a no-go, because Oorai'd definately be in the "Artillery Shadow" if you will.

Of course, Oorai is on the side of the hill closest Kuromine's firing positions. The hill, and getting whatever tanks they could over it (including the Flag, the Pz.IV) could probably spare a fair amount of their tanks.
I've managed quite a number of kills in World in Conflict for instance using tanks with a combination of smoke plus long range fire in a flanking plus decoy movement against a tank adversary in repose, even despite being numerically deficient on the attack and nonexistent support (and getting killed in the end). For an adversary with numerical superiority like Kuromine any such tradeoffs would be negligible relative to their kills.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 23:21   Link #3660
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Hilary L. Doyle - The living god of tank otaku.
Spoiler for :

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks