AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-03, 20:31   Link #141
OldCrimson

Now, the dub's been out a few weeks now.
*looks around*
World still here.

Seriously though, whenever Funi gets a anime, people always bring up DBZ.
Lemme tell you though, as someone who watched most of the series, DBZ is no Star Wars no matter what language it's in. Insanely long fight sequences that consist of flying around and screaming for up to 13 episodes can get bloody annoying.

Fruits Basket and Kiddy Grade are okay, then again I've only seen a few eps of each at conventions.

I'm not sure who's to blame for the 'Case Closed' thing, Fox or Funi. Then again, they didn't shuffle the cases out of order, add all those fillers, and dance around what is the *main freaking plot* for 128 eps.

Which brings us to FMA, which seems to be doing well so far. I think that the voices are spot on.
Old 2004-12-03, 22:55   Link #142
Kyle kun
*wink*

Send a message via AIM to Kyle kun
I actually like this dub more than the sub, especially Ed's voice. When I was watching the fansubs (back when you could) his voice made him sound less mature to me, but in actuality he is always looking out for Al and just generally being a responsible guy. With his new voice I think it makes him sound a lot more like he should, that's my opinion anyways.

As for funi, I have strange feelings towards them. I hate some of the things they do, especially the liberties they take with slang and things of that nature. However I know I should be grateful since they bring a lot of anime to the US, or at least a lot of more mainstream anime (which I have nothing against). So on the one hand I hate them, on the other I like the fact that they're bringing material to the US, and then on the third hand ( ) I know that if they didn't pick something up a better company like ADV or Genon would get it (the bigger titles anyways) and probably do a better job.

Oh well, what's done is done.
Old 2004-12-04, 14:57   Link #143
Sendo

I don't mind the dub, because most dubs just suck regularly. Still, FMA could have probably gotten a little better voices. Al's voice annoys the crap out of me.
Old 2004-12-07, 08:20   Link #144
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
I don't mind the dub at all, I actually quite like it, except for Ed's voice. I hate it. You have this adorable little boy that's all "nyah, I'm emo and I need a HUG! Dx" and suddenly he starts talking "/cough/ Hiiii,I'm an old chainsmoker guy eeeeeeeeehr/cough/ Ahmma go die,yay~!"
But I still heart Al's voice to no end! WEE!
Old 2004-12-07, 12:05   Link #145
vash13
kawaii

Send a message via MSN to vash13 Send a message via Yahoo to vash13
I don't mind the dub. I think its nice to hear the different voices that they choose and how different the voices are. I also agree to what Kyle kun said.
Old 2004-12-09, 15:18   Link #146
jo_jo14_6
jo_jo14_6

i'm not gonna necessarily juge the voices yet cuz there's still a part that i wanna see a.k.a the episode that deals with Nina, and Alexander. So far...I think the dub isn't bad. Al's voice is dead on and Ed still sounds funny when you make fun of his height. They didn't kill the characters yet for me, but i want to see how well they do in the part that's sad. If they do well on that part, then i'll say that the dubbing of FMA is pretty good. If they do crap...i'll just say it's not bad.
Closed Thread