5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 11:39   Link #941
kittybear

Godamit lelouch is not dead he's alive in our hearts!!!!
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:42   Link #942
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
One more thing: who here thinks that the hate between Rakusha and Loyd started when Loyd stole her pudding? They said it was something really trivial, so i'm thinking Loyd stole her pudding, hence Pudding Earl
I really want to know aht people think about this
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:44   Link #943
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
ep.25
- damn.. i still can't find the words to say even though i watched it hours ago.
- that was simply... sad.
- I cried alot.

Spoiler:

give it a 1b/10 if i could.

10/10..

with all those discussion about what would be Zero Requiem is, this is beyond imaginable. Didn't expect that 'plan' was to kill him. dammit. My mind used to be fine.. now it's not.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:44   Link #944
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Lulu may be dead or he may be alive. Either way if fine by me. He did such a incredible job. As a series, this is hands down the best to me even with all the little shortcommings.

Some food for thought... Lelouche isn't the kind of guy to bullshit at this point. He took it serious with drowning out Eupys sin, he gave Susaku his revenge and made the world a better place.
The one thing he missed to do and promised to keep several times was to fulfill C.C.s wish.

That's why I think he is still alive. He may be as the series suggests "R2" and is going to give C.C a happy life before she does (age or whatever reason). His little dramatic death scene could have easily been copied from his father. Orange after calling the reatreat could have easily recovered the "body"

Whatever the case, C.C seems to be pretty happy in the end.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:47   Link #945
ludacris10
Malay Anime Otaku!

Bt srsly i hope they make an OVA. or even better take it to the nxt level by introducing a movie abt insurgents or sumting that would rock
ludacris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:47   Link #946
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Taniguchi always has a tendency of giving good endings to his main characters... we saw that recently with Gun X Sword, when we see the series ending with Wendy and Van reuniting and traveling together, in a distant-looking place. He always has a habit of giving throwbacks to his earlier shows and we've seen plenty given to Gun X Sword, especially in the past few episodes, in the garden where Nunnally was in Damocles, the character called King in Turn One, so I think he'd love to give further throwbacks in the very last episode. Especially if he wanted to end it his way, which is pure fucking awesome.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:48   Link #947
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Now -that- was a final episode worthy of that name. Pretty sure 99% of us knew what the Zero Requiem was, but actually seeing it take place was quite the experience... it was a really intense moment, at least for me.
I would've expected Nunnally to know her brother better and see what he was planning, instead of waiting for a magical flashback triggered by touch to draw a picture for her, but oh well! Guess Schneizel's verbal brainwash was -that- good.

As for smaller details, I loved Arthur sitting next to Suzaku's fake grave as well as Jeremiah and Anya working on an orange field, haha.
The epilogue was okay, pretty happy, although I have to wonder what'll C.C do now that she can't get her wish granted (Well, I assumed she'd stay alive because of Lelouch, but now that he's pretty much dead... yeah. And I doubt she'll go around granting geasses again).

Oh well, at least it was a damn good ending. Unlike Macross.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:48   Link #948
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
god epic fail

at least kawamori rickrolled us, this was just....lame
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:49   Link #949
ApostleOfGod
^.^

R2 redeemed itself. Heck, all the CG "flaws" that everyone thought it had has just been redeemed here.

Most proper fitting ending. Damn I actually shed a tear for Lelouch. Officially a soft tingz now

Lol 500+ ppl in the CG forum hahaha. Zero's legend lives on.

I wonder what will happen to Kururugi though, I mean if he reaches age 100, will his geass just keep going off everytime he takes a breath?

Epic ride, kind of saddened it's over, yet meh.. A catharsis just occured for me. Damn. And surprisingly, Lelouch didn't really have a tragic flaw or "hamartia". His ideals and his ways have been pretty consistent, and he achieved his goal of recreating the world through the method of self sacrifice. Real heroic. Bearing the sins of everyone, not just his own geass, but also Schneizel's and Charles's and all the victims of Geass who've all suffered. So I guess in reality, Charles > Schnizzle > Lelouch.

As for the romance aspect, meh whatever.

But C.C. Wins !! Haha he's stuck with talking to her forever now, since I doubt she'd give anyone else geass at this point. Especially when you are stuck with the person you like. Man, if I was C.C. I would keep to Lelouch lol.

Real epic, heroic ending. It was a common one, but very well done. CG's been a success the whole way! Damn, it was just great. Taniguchi, don't leave the industry please.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:50   Link #950
dmaxzero

Nice ending. Lelouch death was very sad, especially Nunnaly crying, but it was expected.
Very well done. The whole "just as planed" thing could had been show a little more, many things were left in the air. In my opinion Lelouch could be dead or alive, and that does not change the meaning of the Zero Requiem, he has no place in the world anymore (but personaly I hope he is alive :-D, he was one of the best characters ever in anime, and many things point out that he "could" be alive).

I would like to see an Aftermath chapter or an OVA, because the whole C.C. and Lelouch "I `ll make you happy" was one of the mayor plot motives to keep the series going, and that was not resolved at all.
Anyway, good series overall, something to have on my shelf when it comes out in dvd o blue ray.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:50   Link #951
yrael32
Kami ang... Maskman!

It was the perfect ending for me for a series such as Code Geass. Lelouche, in the end, was still portrayed as the manipulator, Suzaku being the hero of justice. No matter how convoluted the each character took in the series, though they have changed somewhat, their character is still essentially the same. What makes this series beautiful is it was a conflict between two perspectives of what peace should be like. And of course the MOE factor should not be overlooked. It was a good series overall, neverfailing to keep me on the edge.
yrael32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:50   Link #952
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
That scene with Arthur at Suzaku's grave just tugged my heartstrings bigtime.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:51   Link #953
kramerica

Ok I see it now Lelouch is alive

Spoiler for proof:

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 11:52   Link #954
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
R2 redeemed itself. Heck, all the CG "flaws" that everyone thought it had has just been redeemed here.

Most proper fitting ending. Damn I actually shed a tear for Lelouch. Officially a soft tingz now

Lol 500+ ppl in the CG forum hahaha. Zero's legend lives on.

I wonder what will happen to Kururugi though, I mean if he reaches age 100, will his geass just keep going off everytime he takes a breath?

Epic ride, kind of saddened it's over, yet meh.. A catharsis just occured for me. Damn. And surprisingly, Lelouch didn't really have a tragic flaw or "hamartia". His ideals and his ways have been pretty consistent, and he achieved his goal of recreating the world through the method of self sacrifice. Real heroic. Bearing the sins of everyone, not just his own geass, but also Schneizel's and Charles's and all the victims of Geass who've all suffered. So I guess in reality, Charles > Schnizzle > Lelouch.

As for the romance aspect, meh whatever.

But C.C. Wins !! Haha he's stuck with talking to her forever now, since I doubt she'd give anyone else geass at this point. Especially when you are stuck with the person you like. Man, if I was C.C. I would keep to Lelouch lol.

Real epic, heroic ending. It was a common one, but very well done. CG's been a success the whole way! Damn, it was just great. Taniguchi, don't leave the industry please.
Well obviously C.C. won't give Geass anymore. She no longer wants to fullfill her contract.

But I have to disagree with you. While I believe the dude driving the cart is Lelouch, you still can't say 100% it's him. They made the ending TOO open-ended.

Plus Ohgi lived, no C.C.'s real name, Nunnally didn't die, and just the fact we have such a big open ended ending= failure.
Old 2008-09-28, 11:56   Link #955
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hmm i smell a "cover-up" besides i was just checking others forums sayin lelouch might be alive besides c2 did said his name in that wagon?

speaking of wagon unless lelouch pull a "Craft Lawrence" http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...t_and_Holo.jpg since they have same seiyu.

& what now a suzaku/zero really look like nothing can kill suzaku's geass live.

also maybe some "other" people know about "secret" of the lelou-zaku's "zero "re:"uiem secret".

cause the "re:"al truth is out there & maybe when i check it in sub & soon dub in 09 maybe more answers will be reveal.

i know there some answers/truth still a mystery yet to be solved???

& maybe sign of r3 or ova or spinoff/prequal or even movie well i say Goro TANIGUCHI & Ichiro OKOUCHI anime fans will be watching & if ya end up like this guy http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ople.php?id=15 unless revive/rebuild geass???
reason i quote my sayin is that maybe i'm right that all this was "COVER-UP" & nearly everyone was fooled & only a very few really knows the "re:"al truth of lelou-zaku's "sec"re:"t".

& if those 2 goro & ichiro pull another geass well YOU "RE:"ALLY GOT A LOT OF "RE:"AL TRUTH & EXPLAIN TO ALL FANS or else end up as this guy http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ople.php?id=15 doing of "re:"build/"re:"vive geass
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:00   Link #956
slipstream

Spoiler for YHBT & kilobytes:
slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:00   Link #957
TEC

i Canīt accept it, this was the most brilliant anime i ha/have ever seen, it was like it kept me alive and i had hopes for lelouch even though i could have gueessed the ending...

but even then All Hail Lelouch!
I donīt want it to end there has not been any other animes with these kind of aspect so for me i cried and cry and shall continue All Hail Brittania!!!!!

PS: for those who have read the manga what happened there?!
TEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:01   Link #958
matthra

As for the debate on Lulu's survival, I suppose its possible if he had Charles's code, but knowing he would survive would diminish the nobility of his final act as emperor. I wouldn't hate it mind you, and there is a certain appeal to him and CC wandering the world as immortal lovers, but it would be a different ending than the one we were presented.

To put his survival another way, Lelouche takes upon himself the sins of the world, and sacrifices his life as atonement for them. He then raises from the dead (say three days later), hmmm where have I heard that story before...

In any case I think the ending was well done because Lelouche accomplishes his goals and everything else is left for the viewer to decide. Does Kallen and Gino hook up, they look friendly at the wedding but Kallen is living with her mom (IE: not married or anything). Did Lelouche survive, he was stabbed through the heart by Suzaku, but CC talks to him in a cart being driven by someone who could very well be in disguise.

The ending is up to you to decide.
matthra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:05   Link #959
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

In my POV, Lelouch is dead :

Both Suzaku and C.C were crying.
Nunnally implied that she would have been happy to live with him, so I don't see Lelouch being alive and away from her.
His last speech and flashback (he saw C.C there, so it was a sort of goodbye to everyone, including C.C )
C.C look at the sky when she said : "Ne lelouch ?" => He can't be the driver.
Kallen also talk to Lelouch, that doesn't mean he's in her room while she's changing (though I would like this XD).

I loved this ending, it's bittersweet but I couldn't imagine a better resolution than this, I'm glad that Kallen, C.C and Suzaku survived till the end.
Isn't it ironic ? Both Suzaku and Lelouch had became what they hated the most : Zero and the Emperor.
Pan chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:06   Link #960
davicho

1 if he did receive the code from cc how come he bled
2 ginoXkallen blows
Q the girl in the weding picture with pink hair is it euphemia?????
lots more Q??
davicho is offline   Reply With Quote