AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 02:55   Link #881
larethian

LOL @ all the comments.

Yes, like what Darknemo said, the anime is serving you crap. But I forgive it because I'm sure they are working on constraints and budget limit set by some top guy who doesn't believe that it would be popular enough. It's better to set the 11 volumes to 3 seasons length than 2 IMHO. Another problem the anime is that it can't present a lot of inner thoughts as monologue or it might get too boring. But all those inner thoughts are important to understand the characters' behaviour.

Why does Ryner and Ferris act the way they are? It's not just for comedic relief though that's part of the reason. There are actually very deep reasons behind their nonsensical behaviour.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 03:20   Link #882
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The fact that you needed novel example to give more purpose to their characters points out to the half-assed job anime did on the two.
I only gave 1 example from the LN, and it's actually quite unrelated to my entire post actually. The rest were things that have been shown in the anime. But, anyway, sure, compared to the LNs, the anime is lacking, but hell, they're trying to adapt 11 volumes in 25-26 episodes. So, that much is to be expected. Not only that, but there are several things that will be lost when you try to adapt from LNs to anime, like things that are explained in narration.

You'll rarely have an adaptation that is as good as the original, and personally, I think Denyuden's anime is rather decent. It could be a lot better if it had been given more episodes for the cast to work with, but it's seriously rather hard when they don't know if the series will sell. Even if the LNs sell rather well, the audience - when it comes down to anime - is rather different.
Old 2010-09-25, 07:30   Link #883
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So new OP&ED . Eh did i saw Lelouch

The situation in this show kinda remind me some animes .

Anyway Ryner at school remind me at school too
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 12:29   Link #884
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Well yeah, Shion is slaughtering a bunch of idiot nobles but at the same time he's brought a dude like Miran into his circle. And he's allowed a foreign noblewoman into his palace. Foreign powers are spying on him and trying to subvert his authority.

Ferris and Ryner are both powerful and without much conviction. They also happen to be the only people who see Shion as himself. They don't see him as a king or a messiah. He's just their friend. If they were back home, they'd become targets for his political rivals or he would be tempted to use them to do messed up stuff.

Ferris is one of the highest ranking nobles in the country but when they first met, Shion was a commoner and she treated him as an equal. All she does is blindly follow her brothers' orders and beat up bullies. Ryner is his best friend from the military academy. Ryner hates how everyone sees him as a WMD. No one really cares about his feelings, everyone just wants to use him. He sends them off to spare them.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 13:39   Link #885
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

we really should open a novel discussion in the manga/light novel section.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 13:57   Link #886
ShiroiRyu

I think that would be a good idea.
For me who don't know the light novel, i found the anime really good.
Yes, i'm sorry for some guys but i don't read japanese.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 14:26   Link #887
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
we really should open a novel discussion in the manga/light novel section.
Thread created!

Have fun and keep the novel spoilers there, please.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 19:58   Link #888
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm trying to avoid spoilers since I haven't watched anything since episode 7... (not because the show is bad but because I hardly keep up with stuff) but when do the new OP and ED singles come out? Fantastic OP and a good ED, should give me motivation to catch up.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 21:35   Link #889
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep13:
Old 2010-09-25, 22:08   Link #890
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm trying to avoid spoilers since I haven't watched anything since episode 7... (not because the show is bad but because I hardly keep up with stuff) but when do the new OP and ED singles come out? Fantastic OP and a good ED, should give me motivation to catch up.
Shame on you! But it's episode 13 for the new songs.

Maybe I should catch up now too, think i'm at episode 7 too or something =).

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 23:39   Link #891
chickdigger802

I'm surprised that I'm more interested in the political side of things than Ryner's little journey.

But now I'm getting a little overwhelmed with who betrays what and all these new nations and what not.

The comedic tone clashing with serious mature plot feels like a fantasy setting Full metal panic.

It also helps that its one of the few decent anime of summer season.

So ya back to this eps. Ya that king has the most powerful anime weapon for 2010 so far. Love how the explosion lingers on for a while. The new intro and ending seems more standard and less abstract. I'm interested in why Lelouch is in this show, yet his persona matches this show perfectly =)
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 00:27   Link #892
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 13 was really good. It was interesting to see what Kiefer has been up to, and some more of her back story.
Old 2010-09-26, 01:35   Link #893
ninja_pintu

That king of Gastark seems like your typical shounen character. He reminded me of Ryner when he said that he hates people dying. Maybe it was the same for Kiefer? Wonder if he will fall in love with her and then fight ryner for her @_@?

EDIT: Wah! Keifer looks so hot *_*

Last edited by ninja_pintu; 2010-09-26 at 01:46.
ninja_pintu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 03:49   Link #894
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Good episode, We get to see Kiefer again looking even prettier than before. The king of Gaastark is also pretty cool and he has a pretty hax weapon, that thing is overkill. Luna's princess is also hot but it seems like we will never see her again.

For some reason I have this feeling that the pink hair people are there, to eventually be killed by Ryner in a gruesome manner and I hope my prediction starts next week with the siblings.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 05:00   Link #895
Used Can

Hmm... Was Ferris' VA the one singing the ED, perchance? The voice I heard during the ED made me think that much.
Old 2010-09-26, 08:35   Link #896
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It is indeed her as shown in the credits.

And the ED's images also misled people into thinking it's yaoi until Ferris was shown. >_>
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 09:26   Link #897
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm more curious as to why the credits are now in Japanese, or rather why were they in English to begin with? Some consistency would have been nice.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 14:32   Link #898
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
YES! Itou Shizuka.
Old 2010-09-26, 16:07   Link #899
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I hate people dying, so I need to kill people to instill fear into the rest. How admirable!
He's still 100x better than Sion though. *snip*

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-26 at 23:08. Reason: Then don't hint about it and keep it in the LN thread...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 19:53   Link #900
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I hate people dying, so I need to kill people to instill fear into the rest. How admirable!
He's still 100x better than Sion though. *snip*
Heh, Kleeyook, I've never seen you posting anything about the LN, and didn't know you were an LN reader as well...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-26 at 23:09. Reason: Removed hint that should be kept in the LN thread...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen