AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 21:10   Link #1461
Seitsuki
Onee!

First one: Mobile Fortress (移動要塞)

Second: Fortress Satellite Hera (要塞衛星ヘラ)

Third: Moon Base (月面基地)
Old 2013-04-02, 21:25   Link #1462
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Thanks Seitsuki. Now to wait until I can actually be able to watch Daltanious.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:31   Link #1463
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Ello, I need some help on a translation.
I am building a modelkit gundam with in the helm some screws and wires for the light.
However the set comes with many unlabeled screws in colored bags with also 2 colored wires.
I managed to put it all together but am wondering if anyone is able to translate the things said at the screws and wires as I suspect it tells you which bag and which colour wire goes where.
The first set of screws in picture 1 is from the yellow bag as I managed to figure that out. The first picture does tell about the first step for the wires.
The second picture uses different sets of screws, from the yellow and from another color set. Could someone translate those bits for me? The rest I am capable of sorting out myself.

Spoiler for image size: for color wires:

Spoiler for image size: for screws and wire colors:

edit:
now that I look at the second image they use all screws from the same yellow set. Though I could use a second check on that, but the wire question still remains.

And can anyone translate me what goes on at picture one, step 2 right under the black title, the covering over the lens.
Is that labeled as sticker?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:14   Link #1464
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
And can anyone translate me what goes on at picture one, step 2 right under the black title, the covering over the lens.
Is that labeled as sticker?
It says "Mono Eye Seal - a". If "seal" means sticker, then yes, it might be.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:33   Link #1465
larethian

"seal" does mean sticker yup.

On the left:
box 1:
Sticker 40 should be pasted first
For the glowing diode, you have to take note that the longer end is on top.

main pic:
You have 2 small silver screws. The wire on the left should be the brown one(茶), and the one of the right is gray(グレー). It also warns you not to overtighten the screws.

Below the right box of the main pic of the mono-eye, it says 'when viewed from above'.

Like what erneiz_hyde said, for "step 2 right under the black title", it says Mono-eye sticker A (ア)

For the second picture on the wire and color question, you can try matching the words on your own:
リード線 = wire
茶 = brown
グレー = gray

There's again a warning that you should not overtighten the screws. The screws are labeled as (small) silver screws "ビス(小)銀"
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:36   Link #1466
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Everything worked out fine but I was wondering what the squared text meant on the construction manual. Can anyone provide a translation?

Spoiler for size:

Lastly on the picture below can anyone tell me what it says at the screw and the wire symbol next to it.
I believe it is the metal rolled up wire (not sure how you call it in English) but just to be sure. All other parts I understand that stand next to it so that isn't needed.
Can anyone also tell me what's in the squared box of text?

Spoiler for size:

Thank you guys very much for doing it. The head is nearly finished now :3 tomorrow I am testing out the lights.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 21:55   Link #1467
larethian

In the first pic:
The box highlights the things you can try if the light doesn't work.
1. check the +-
2. are you using old battery?
3. check your connections/alignment again (specifically the diode legs and battery housing)

2nd pic:
screw is just labeled "silver (small) screw"

the "wire" you are referring to is labeled "densely coiled spring (medium)"

Edit: oops, I missed the box.
It's describing how you should fix the parts above. You start from one end of the spring. First, you insert a screw on one end, then you pass the spring through the parts in order as shown (as you are extending the spring and the other end is fastened by another screw). I presuming the coil spring is a real metal coil spring, as the text tells you to fasten the screw to the spring by "entanglement", so I presume you need to push the coil along the threads of the screw and the coil will be 'stuck' to the threads of the screw.
(In the diagram, the two grayed parts are highlighted to be in opposite direction)

Last edited by larethian; 2013-04-09 at 22:09.
Old 2013-04-17, 03:49   Link #1468
LeoXiao
思想工作

While doing research on various historical figures from the prewar period, I found this thing

大日本帝国満州特務機関

The page indicates that it is a historical manga (about Japanese espionage in China) of some sort, but is it supposed to be a dramatized piece, or an expository work simply in manga form? Yet there are also pages full of text with photographs in it, like a normal book, so I'm leaning towards the latter. What is going on here? Do Japanese people draw manga into their history books?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 07:47   Link #1469
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
The page indicates that it is a historical manga (about Japanese espionage in China) of some sort, but is it supposed to be a dramatized piece, or an expository work simply in manga form? Yet there are also pages full of text with photographs in it, like a normal book, so I'm leaning towards the latter. What is going on here? Do Japanese people draw manga into their history books?
From what I know, the manga/comic (yes, it's not actually a history book) is a fiction based on historical facts. If you ever read Romance of Three Kingdoms it would be similar to that, though, I believe this is more faithful to the source than ROTK. You can consider the book as a education manga for history. The page with a whole photograph at the end of the book is an info dump for various historical figures that were actives during that era, the blog author believed that those information wasn't really taught at the school.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:26   Link #1470
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
From what I know, the manga/comic (yes, it's not actually a history book) is a fiction based on historical facts. If you ever read Romance of Three Kingdoms it would be similar to that, though, I believe this is more faithful to the source than ROTK. You can consider the book as a education manga for history. The page with a whole photograph at the end of the book is an info dump for various historical figures that were actives during that era, the blog author believed that those information wasn't really taught at the school.
Thanks. On the title page it says "Tairiku intelligence Sangokushi" (as in the three kingdoms); I guess that would be an indication of the format you mentioned.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:05   Link #1471
B2-Lancer

Greetings!

Can anyone translate this panel from a long lost manga called "88 no Jinhachi Tanuki"? Just translate as many lines as you feel comfortable with since it's rated "R". I want to get a feel what this dumped anime candidate was like. Thanks!

B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 17:43   Link #1472
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I know the name of the manga is Shizuka Hakkenden, and the author is Maguro Fujita, but I need the names to be in Chinese. I could certainly see the Chinese characters in the pic clearly but it is not possible for me to copy and paste and search on Google.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 22:52   Link #1473
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post

I know the name of the manga is Shizuka Hakkenden, and the author is Maguro Fujita, but I need the names to be in Chinese. I could certainly see the Chinese characters in the pic clearly but it is not possible for me to copy and paste and search on Google.
You haven't installed the Japanese language? If you know how to read it you can just type it in a notepad or somewhere and match the kanjis.
静姫八犬傳, by 藤田鮪
You can copy-paste that for the Chinese reading since I have no knowledge in that area.

Just a little side note, there's this letter 姫 that I'm not sure. Are you sure the title is "shizuka"? because afaik 静姫 is read as "shizuki" or "shizuka-hime", though I guess names can be loosely read so it isn't a big deal. And the "den" part is rather unusual for using 傳 instead of 伝, though it still means roughly the same.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Greetings!

Can anyone translate this panel from a long lost manga called "88 no Jinhachi Tanuki"? Just translate as many lines as you feel comfortable with since it's rated "R". I want to get a feel what this dumped anime candidate was like. Thanks!

I'd rather not translate every single line, so I'll just write a short resume of what's going on in that page.

Both the girl and the boy is from a race called "hitodanuki" (roughly: human-raccoon), which have the ability to mimic various human's appearance. However, it seems the boy forgot that he was a hitodanuki. The girl mimics the boy's appearance by using the ball (written as "soul" 魂, but it's shaped like a ball タマ) which presumably she took from the boy because that's apparently the easiest way they can mimic other's appearance. The girl-turned-boy then mentions that usually after this mimicking process, the ball is usually eaten (presumably killing or replacing the original's place) but apparently she's not going to do so this time.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2013-04-20 at 23:09.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 22:58   Link #1474
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
You haven't installed the Japanese language? If you know how to read it you can just type it in a notepad or somewhere and match the kanjis.
静姫八犬傳, by 藤田鮪
You can copy-paste that for the Chinese reading since I have no knowledge in that area.

Just a little side note, there's this letter 姫 that I'm not sure. Are you sure the title is "shizuka"? because afaik 静姫 is read as "shizuki" or "shizuka-hime", though I guess names can be loosely read so it isn't a big deal. And the "den" part is rather unusual for using 傳 instead of 伝, though it still means roughly the same.
I know the Japanese kanji for the manga name as well as the mangaka's name, and I did try to change it to Chinese, but it makes little sense.

Since the manga's name is Shizuka Hakkenden and it is listed that way too in all other manga websites, I assume that it's shizuka.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 23:04   Link #1475
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A bit unorthodox but can anyone translate to me a few of these Korean texts:

Under "Party Bonus", what are those white words? I expected the red one is "increase AP by 500" or something like that?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-04-22 at 08:49.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 03:43   Link #1476
larethian

Quote:

Quote:
I know the Japanese kanji for the manga name as well as the mangaka's name, and I did try to change it to Chinese, but it makes little sense.

Since the manga's name is Shizuka Hakkenden and it is listed that way too in all other manga websites, I assume that it's shizuka.
Not sure whether I'm misunderstanding your posts and what you want, but just for the record, the image you posted was already in Chinese (as what erneiz_hyde transcribed for you), though it's in traditional Chinese.

The title, 静姫八犬傳 is pronounced as "jěng jī bā quǎn zhuŕn"
The author, 藤田鮪 is pronounced as "téng tián wěi"

The original Japanese names are "シズカ八犬伝" for the title, and "藤田まぐろ" for the author. As you can see, totally different from what's on the image.

What tipped me off is that nobody uses '傳' in Japanese (at least in modern days), and I just did a fuzzy search to come up with the right 'Japanese' title.
Old 2013-04-23, 18:05   Link #1477
Vajra
So Like A Rose

I have a quick one. I need a Japanese translation for the word "Devilfish". I tried using google translate and it keeps giving me タコ (Tako) "Octopus".
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 19:01   Link #1478
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phirk View Post
I have a quick one. I need a Japanese translation for the word "Devilfish". I tried using google translate and it keeps giving me タコ (Tako) "Octopus".
"Devilfish" is indeed one nickname for Octopus. IIRC, there are several other fishes that're given this nickname as well.
I wouldn't know if you meant to ask about those other fishes, but if you want a direct translation of "Devilfish", it's 鬼魚 (oni-zakana/kigyo) or perhaps either 悪魔魚 (akuma-zakana/akumagyo) or just leave the 悪(aku) to become 魔魚.
Old 2013-04-23, 19:12   Link #1479
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
"Devilfish" is indeed one nickname for Octopus. IIRC, there are several other fishes that're given this nickname as well.
I wouldn't know if you meant to ask about those other fishes, but if you want a direct translation of "Devilfish", it's 鬼魚 (oni-zakana/kigyo) or perhaps either 悪魔魚 (akuma-zakana/akumagyo) or just leave the 悪(aku) to become 魔魚.
Thanks for that, I've been having trouble with the kanji transliterations and whatnot. I've decided to go with "Torazame" (Tigershark) but I'm having trouble coming up with a near/matching translation (It wants to give me Itachizame).

EDIT: I came up with this: トラ鮫 (Tiger + Shark) it directly translates as "Tora Same".
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 04:25   Link #1480
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

Anyone know what 'gachi' means?

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
song, translation