AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-04-29, 07:34   Link #1621
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hmm...Ulquiorra is named after Patricia Urquiola, or so wiki suggests, and Grimmjow is named after the architect Nicholas Grimshaw. Dunno about the others, KT probably got their names from other people around the world, maybe he just wanted their names to be like that to indicate a more spanish nationality.
Kubo must love Spain a lot
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 15:12   Link #1622
ginran
~Smile~

@Kafriel: Yea, they are mostly named after architects...XD I wonder if Kubo will ever state a reason for it, not that it really matters what nationality their names are, they're cool anyways, I was just wondering if there was ever an official statement as to why he named them all that way. Thanks for the help~

@ Kitten: XD It looks that way!

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 11:50   Link #1623
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Wikipedia says that kubo gives all hollow stuff spanish names and all quincy things german
Also the espada are all name after architechs and/or furniture designers
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 11:52   Link #1624
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyte View Post
Wikipedia says that kubo gives all hollow stuff spanish names and all quincy things german
It is kinda funny that he gives names of architects to characters who destroy everything
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 12:07   Link #1625
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
It is kinda funny that he gives names of architects to characters who destroy everything
Its because they r trying to reshape the power structure
Old 2009-05-03, 05:38   Link #1626
Clicky
Raindow Guide

Quote:
Quote:
It shows that Kubo has an interest of foreign cultures.

Quote:
Quote:
Its because they r trying to reshape the power structure
In Aizen's view, the Espada are probably the architects to a new era.
Old 2009-05-06, 20:42   Link #1627
Crimson Reaper

Okay I was watching Ichigo's Bankai training on my DVD when I noticed that Yoruichi was holding a length of cord and it was glowing green. Then when the first day was over she tied it back into her hair.
Now I know there's probably no real explanation for it, but I'm asking on the small chance anyone might know what the deal was. I can only assume it was either A) Part of a kido she was using to mask Ichigo's spirit pressure or B) It was to maintain Zangetsu in some way. But after that first day she never used it again as far as I could see so it makes even less sense.
Is this just something I'm gonna have to not know?
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 13:28   Link #1628
Gin
*Artist

Do the people that make fillers for the anime have to get kubo's permission to put things in?
Old 2009-05-08, 13:55   Link #1629
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Okay I was watching Ichigo's Bankai training on my DVD when I noticed that Yoruichi was holding a length of cord and it was glowing green. Then when the first day was over she tied it back into her hair.
Now I know there's probably no real explanation for it, but I'm asking on the small chance anyone might know what the deal was. I can only assume it was either A) Part of a kido she was using to mask Ichigo's spirit pressure or B) It was to maintain Zangetsu in some way. But after that first day she never used it again as far as I could see so it makes even less sense.
Is this just something I'm gonna have to not know?
not sure if it was said in the anime
Spoiler for manga:

chapter 127 and 130 are the beginning and end of day 1 if you want to check it out
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 14:00   Link #1630
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Do the people that make fillers for the anime have to get kubo's permission to put things in?
Yeah, I suppose they come up with a script, bring it to him and then either redo it or animate it depending on the author's decision.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 20:57   Link #1631
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose they come up with a script, bring it to him and then either redo it or animate it depending on the author's decision.
ok so some of the stuf in the new captain filler arcs are true? like when they said that the noble family made bokkoto-like swords for the royal family/royal guards?
Old 2009-05-09, 00:21   Link #1632
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
not sure if it was said in the anime
Spoiler for manga:

chapter 127 and 130 are the beginning and end of day 1 if you want to check it out
Thank you, I'll go check those out.
As for the whole Kubo approving the filler arcs. I'm sure he justs makes sure the arc doesn't contradict any 'Laws' of the Bleach world and introduce powers/ideas that he's going to introduce later on in the manga. Things like 'No this character wouldn't say/do that.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 00:36   Link #1633
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
ok so some of the stuf in the new captain filler arcs are true? like when they said that the noble family made bokkoto-like swords for the royal family/royal guards?
Anime-only material is conceived in such a way that it will not affect the main plot, with dispensable characters and finished business. Lurichiyo's family was just one of the many noble families of SS, the bakkouto project is now over and right now it would only be used to expand the gap between anime and manga. All of the stuff you see in the anime is true, but the extent to which they are used defines their importance. For example the 3 mod-souls from the Bount arc have been used in other filler episodes or in normal episodes to extend some scenes. You can't say it didn't happen, but it doesn't really matter enough to make a difference.
Old 2009-05-09, 01:46   Link #1634
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Hello. Been lurking around the Bleach forum for a while, & I have a question:

Does Animesuki, or any other forum, have a Bleach fanfiction thread? So far I've only found the Bleach section at FF.net.
Old 2009-05-10, 13:11   Link #1635
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Anime-only material is conceived in such a way that it will not affect the main plot, with dispensable characters and finished business. Lurichiyo's family was just one of the many noble families of SS, the bakkouto project is now over and right now it would only be used to expand the gap between anime and manga. All of the stuff you see in the anime is true, but the extent to which they are used defines their importance. For example the 3 mod-souls from the Bount arc have been used in other filler episodes or in normal episodes to extend some scenes. You can't say it didn't happen, but it doesn't really matter enough to make a difference.
ok but in that filler it said they developed bakkoto from the swords for the royal family, this seems to imply that the royal family doesnt have soul reaper powers
Old 2009-05-10, 14:48   Link #1636
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From the history of SS thread (or something like that), I recall that high society is actually born in SS instead of just going there in the circle of life/death, so I suppose that all of them have strong reiatsu, although not necessarily shinigami powers (eg. the Shiba clan).
At any rate, afaik the bakkouto were developed as a form of black market so that amagai's arc had a moral lesson to offer instead of being a "so what?" arc.
Old 2009-05-10, 15:04   Link #1637
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
The Amagai arc isn't canon with either the manga or anime. It won't effect anything.

Quote:
Wrong. Being anime original don't have anything to do with that. Because the Amagai arc is out-of-continuity is the sole reason it won't effect anything, not because Kubo didn't write it.

Don't give opinions out like that as if they were fact.
Old 2009-05-10, 15:06   Link #1638
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
From the history of SS thread (or something like that), I recall that high society is actually born in SS instead of just going there in the circle of life/death, so I suppose that all of them have strong reiatsu, although not necessarily shinigami powers (eg. the Shiba clan).
At any rate, afaik the bakkouto were developed as a form of black market so that amagai's arc had a moral lesson to offer instead of being a "so what?" arc.
ok i was just thinking that maybe the reason aizen wants hollow powers is because the royal family has swords with similar powers to amagais bakkouto
Old 2009-05-11, 00:14   Link #1639
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
The Amagai arc isn't canon with either the manga or anime. It won't effect anything.

Wrong. Being anime original don't have anything to do with that. Because the Amagai arc is out-of-continuity is the sole reason it won't effect anything, not because Kubo didn't write it.

Don't give opinions out like that as if they were fact.
The bount arc was in continuity and all they managed to save were the mod-souls, which were used purely for filler scenes thereafter. Same with all the other anime I've watched, and I've watched quite a lot...
Old 2009-05-11, 00:59   Link #1640
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
The bount arc was in continuity and all they managed to save were the mod-souls, which were used purely for filler scenes thereafter. Same with all the other anime I've watched, and I've watched quite a lot...
It isn't a rule or a fact though. There's no reason to treat them differently.

Tags
q&a