AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 63 71.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 23.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-16, 18:45   Link #121
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, the show traded off a bit of moral ambiguity/complexity for a cleaner, neater, sweeter (Ryuko and Satsuki as sisters on the same side) story with a smoother escalation to a hopefully pulse-pounding climax.

Having a 4-way philosophical battle over "what should the relationship between humans and life fibers be?" would have been interesting, but I'm fine with the more "feel good" and hot-blooded action-fest we seem to be getting.
We still have two episodes. Considering how massive the plottwists are that we get in each episode, I still see it as being very plausible that something of the sort might happen.

At this point it probably won't, but I do think they will definitely to address the moral ambiguity here some point along the line.
Old 2014-03-17, 04:55   Link #122
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
just 2 more episodes...

i hope we will get many suprise~
Old 2014-03-17, 08:48   Link #123
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

NOOOO...

4 devas will get upgade of their goku uniforms next episode

I was expecting nonon to use her nudist beach outfit till the end
Old 2014-03-17, 09:04   Link #124
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuki_yuki92 View Post
just 2 more episodes...

i hope we will get many suprise~
There's one interesting idea I remember reading somewhere (either here or on the anime blogosphere): Senketsu is actually Isshin Matoi.

Now, my own thought on this is that maybe Isshin sort of downloaded his consciousness into Senketsu just before he died. In the process, though, he lost almost all of his memories, so Senketsu doesn't remember who he really is.

Suggestive evidence: Senketsu sort of has one eye, unlike Junketsu, but like Isshin (given that Isshin wore an eye-patch).

If this theory is correct, then I expect it to be revealed next episode, and it would make for one excellent twist (especially now that Isshin's two daughters are fighting alongside of each other against a common foe).

But it's just a theory of course.
Old 2014-03-17, 09:42   Link #125
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That discussion was here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...83#post5023483

I still think it's creepy.
Old 2014-03-17, 10:16   Link #126
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Nudist Beach et al are now basically fighting to save the world from Galactus. Calling out some of your key allies for their more brutal actions in trying to trick Galactus' herald seems a wee bit petty right now.

Don't get me wrong, the moral issues you raise are valid, but scale is important here. We're talking about the survival of all humans not named Ragyo, and we're also talking about the survival of Earth itself. A far too harsh punishment for stealing clothing can be addressed later (if people aren't too distracted by massive relief over achieving planetary rescue).
Petty is a matter of interpretation, I guess. If Satsuki can be called out, why not her subordinates? My fear is that the show is simply going to forget that the Devas were also responsible for Hounin Academy. I don't think everything should be peachy keen just because Satsuki and her direct subordinates are helping Ryuko and Nudist Beach now. Sure, Ryuko can forgive Satsuki for everything she's done to her directly. That's Ryuko's choice. However, the actions of Satsuki, Ira, Nonon, Uzu, and Imouta all reach far beyond that. Remember how Mako got abducted in order to draw Ryuko out? Remember how Mako got punished for missing tennis practice even though it was the school's fault she was absent? Remember how loads of no-stars got kicked out of school because of No-Late Day? Don't get me wrong. There's no time or energy to waste on infighting. Satsuki and the Devas are invaluable allies who thought they had good reason to do what they did.* That doesn't mean their actions should be brushed under the table, which seems to be what the show is doing. The croquette scene essentially tells that the Makonshou family has no hard feelings about Mako being kidnapped, Mako being assaulted, and the family itself being consigned to a slum. This is why I wanted more time for character dynamics. The show could have provided this rather easily if they'd used the time instead spent on episodes 4 and 7, which are almost entirely filler. (Episode 4 does remind us that Hounin Academy oppresses no-stars.)

*Satsuki thought she had good reason, at least. I'm not sure how much credit I should give the Devas for doing any actual thinking.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2014-03-17, 11:27   Link #127
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
NOOOO...

4 devas will get upgade of their goku uniforms next episode

I was expecting nonon to use her nudist beach outfit till the end
Was really interesting how Nonon in Nudist Beach uniform made her popularity skyrocket x)
Old 2014-03-17, 14:05   Link #128
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I like Trigger's attention to detail.

HOLY CRAP!! Good job. So it was there! Y'know there's been like a whole discussion where folks were wondering how Mako got her uniform back. And I'm like, yes we saw it destroyed but did it ever occur to people that Shiori made another for her? Isn't that his role? Now that we have proof. The other question was why did she get her's first. And again folks had to come up with a reason that it takes longer to make a 2-star vs a 3-star. But then again, I have a even better theory. If you go back to the episode, Ryuko says to Mako, that "this is full power of Mako's uniform if you WENT ALL OUT". Her uniform was practically on the level of a 3-star. Or it's that old cartoon logic that the silliest of the bunch is ridiculously strong without even realizing it. Like cartoon physics it doesn't have to make sense. They probably put her on the front line, to allow for more time. Again that was the writers decision so we have to figure out why? Instead of asking why. I mean is this show so fast that folks are missing small details? Obviously, the show is designed for multiple viewings.

-Bunnies were found
-Pulp Fiction was found.
-Mako's wardrobe found

Then there's the whole, "I saw Senketsu get destroyed how did he come back together", the part where they shove him inside. I'm like, c'mom dude you do know that he's a uniform and has the ability to separate. And he feigned the attack so as to throw Ryuko off. Then it happens again later. Like Trigger is trying to cover their tracks as they read the fans minds. Go back to the fight with Uzu, go back to the school raid trip. And considering what happened to Junketsu, Trigger trolled people with making you think he was obliterated. And guess what he was literally trying to regenerate. And where was he next, back on the wall restrained torn up and in the next scene he was good as new getting doses of fresh blood. Was it mind reading or did they have it all planned out like Satsuki always keeping you guess to the point it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Oh, I wager she'll lend a hand...or two...
Oh that's funny. Considering what happened to Harime.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2014-03-17, 16:49   Link #129
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
Petty is a matter of interpretation, I guess. If Satsuki can be called out, why not her subordinates?
She wasn't called out though. She called herself out. It's not so much like the series was passing judgment on her. It was more like she achieved a new perspective on her own. It was nice of her to apologize, but I think it was more for her own sake than Ryuuko's or anyone else she might have hurt before.

Quote:
My fear is that the show is simply going to forget that the Devas were also responsible for Hounin Academy.
It already did.

I don't think this is the sort of series that care that much about moral issues. Even Satsuki's "change of heart" is framed in the context of her pragmatism. It's not so much that she realized that what she was doing was "wrong," but that it was useless. That's why her change is more a change of perspective than a true change of heart. At least that's the way I see it.

Quote:
I don't think everything should be peachy keen just because Satsuki and her direct subordinates are helping Ryuko and Nudist Beach now.
It's the other way around. Defeating Ragyo and save the world was Satsuki's goal to being with. It's Ryuko who has changed enough to stand beside her for the same cause.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-03-17 at 17:06.
Old 2014-03-17, 17:09   Link #130
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Y'know there's been like a whole discussion where folks were wondering how Mako got her uniform back.
That's simple.

When you break bread (croquette) with Satsuki-sama...

...you get rewarded for your tribute.

Old 2014-03-17, 17:37   Link #131
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
That's simple.

When you break bread (croquette) with Satsuki-sama...

...you get rewarded for your tribute.

Thank you!! Even better!!
For some reason that statement has me laughing because it reminds me of something funny but I can't figure out who it is.

So who thinks we're going to get a godrobe merger. What if Satsuki x Ryuko merged into one being wielding the unified scissor blade? I'm just saying, that Trigger could set that up having for both sisters being naked together in the galaxy. When you watch enough anime that has fanservice, and deal with guys like Trigger anything is possible. Suddenly I'm reminded of that ultra attack from Bayonetta. Beyond 9000. I mean we gotta go large like TTGL style big.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2014-03-18, 02:03   Link #132
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
For some reason that statement has me laughing because it reminds me of something funny but I can't figure out who it is.
Spoiler for off-topic but revelant:

Back on topic:

Satsuki wearing that Black Trenchcoat is

I can't wait to see it in the OP.
Old 2014-03-18, 04:25   Link #133
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Quote:

So who thinks we're going to get a godrobe merger. What if Satsuki x Ryuko merged into one being wielding the unified scissor blade? I'm just saying, that Trigger could set that up having for both sisters being naked together in the galaxy. When you watch enough anime that has fanservice, and deal with guys like Trigger anything is possible. Suddenly I'm reminded of that ultra attack from Bayonetta. Beyond 9000. I mean we gotta go large like TTGL style big.
I was comparing KLK to TTGL and was thinking what 'Kill La Kill' actually referred to. Who knows it could be the name of the sisters' finishing move against the final boss, like what they did in TTGL.
Old 2014-03-18, 05:31   Link #134
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
I was comparing KLK to TTGL and was thinking what 'Kill La Kill' actually referred to. Who knows it could be the name of the sisters' finishing move against the final boss, like what they did in TTGL.
I found it funny that lots of people complain because the title is "Kill la Kill" yet no major character has been killed yet. Completely overlooking that the title's Japanese pronunciation is "Kiru ra Kiru", kiru meaning both "cut" and "wear", and God there has been a LOT of cutting and wearing. Imaishi brand trolling at its finest .

But yeah, you're onto something by suggesting that it could be a finisher move name. It could double as another pun: not a double "kill", but a double "cut", and also a "cut and kill". Though that "la" kinda makes me dubious. It's not a recognizable Japanese particle, and it's not an English word either. In Italian it's an article (equivalent to a "the" but specific for female nouns), but then again, there's no reason to suspect Italian would be used here as it's not been seen anywhere else. So I'm clueless.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-18, 08:32   Link #135
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Though that "la" kinda makes me dubious. It's not a recognizable Japanese particle, and it's not an English word either. In Italian it's an article (equivalent to a "the" but specific for female nouns), but then again, there's no reason to suspect Italian would be used here as it's not been seen anywhere else. So I'm clueless.
The article "la" is not exclusive to Italian. It's used in French and Spanish as well. Pretty much any language in the Romance language family group, i.e. languages derived from Latin, use it. My opinion is that it's use in the title is simply for the la-dee-dah effective.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-03-18, 09:10   Link #136
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
HOLY CRAP!! Good job. So it was there! Y'know there's been like a whole discussion where folks were wondering how Mako got her uniform back. And I'm like, yes we saw it destroyed but did it ever occur to people that Shiori made another for her? Isn't that his role? Now that we have proof. The other question was why did she get her's first. And again folks had to come up with a reason that it takes longer to make a 2-star vs a 3-star.
Here's two thoughts about this:

1. How did the uniform get made? They didn't have the life fibers to make Goku uniforms until just then, or they would have made/fixed the Elite Four uniforms already.

2. So that leads to when was the uniform made? If it was made a while back, why did they wait until now to give it to Mako? If it was made right after they got all these life fibers, why make hers first instead of prioritizing the Elite Four's uniforms? Especially since it has been long established that even the Elite Four uniforms struggle against Covers, let alone Ryuuko, which makes two star uniforms useless.

My point is, if you're going to make new uniforms, the thought process should be making them for the strongest people first....right?

The fact that Mako's uniform was already finished before they used the fresh life fibers is simply too strange to brush away as "well, it was quick to make and didn't take many fibers". I don't follow the logic of making a uniform for Mako before the others when she's supposedly not as strong as they are, if you follow the # of stars = power train of thought.

Also, notice that Mako is not at the meeting and doesn't appear until the ship is attacked. That strikes me as odd too. Someone had to pull her aside and show her the new uniform in that time frame, because apparently no one knew it was made until she showed up at the end.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, since the show follows the rule of cool and logic is out the window, but I do hope they at least somewhat explain how and why she got the uniform first and how they expect her to stand up to Covers when even the Elite Four's previous uniforms couldn't handle them.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:18   Link #137
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm not trying to be nitpicky, since the show follows the rule of cool and logic is out the window, but I do hope they at least somewhat explain how and why she got the uniform first and how they expect her to stand up to Covers when even the Elite Four's previous uniforms couldn't handle them.
For all we know, the Elite Four uniforms could be already made, and Mako be just the beachhead required to protect them while they get them delivered. Or it simply could be that making a 2 star uniform is faster and so they needed someone to stall for time while they make the more complex 3 star. Anyway it looks like next ep everyone's going to have his uniform back, so it's not like the time involved is very long anyway - it's probably a matter of minutes anyway.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:25   Link #138
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Was really interesting how Nonon in Nudist Beach uniform made her popularity skyrocket x)
...and I don't even remember her name before that particular episode
Old 2014-03-18, 09:45   Link #139
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
...and I don't even remember her name before that particular episode
Nudity has a way of focusing the mind?

The chronology of Mako's uniform:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
For all we know, the Elite Four uniforms could be already made, and Mako be just the beachhead required to protect them while they get them delivered. Or it simply could be that making a 2 star uniform is faster and so they needed someone to stall for time while they make the more complex 3 star. Anyway it looks like next ep everyone's going to have his uniform back, so it's not like the time involved is very long anyway - it's probably a matter of minutes anyway.
All of those ideas make sense. Perhaps even Satsuki had a replacement uniform in mind/already produced for Mako from the moment she tore off the original one, since Mako had already demonstrated a great deal of potential back then for being more than just a pig in human clothing... a great deal of very random cuckloolander potential, and with everyone getting caught up with things in Episode 22 she told Iori to give it to her.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:57   Link #140
Tormenk

Sanaegayama's last stand in his previous uniform seems to me that it wasn't the Elite 4's uniforms couldn't take on the Covers but simply got worn out fighting over the one month timeskip.

Also the fact that Mako's Cover is one of the bigger variants possible seems to suggest she's got more potential in a goku uniform outside of the E4 and she was the only remaining two-star student around at that time to possibly don one in short order.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Closed Thread

Tags
pure awesomeness