AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 376 64.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 86 14.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-03, 21:43   Link #1381
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I think I'll disagree with that assessment. I don't think Lelouch is anything like his father. His father had been fighting to change the world. Up until the last episode, this is the same thing lelouch had been doing (so he was, up to that point, just like his father). However, at the pivotal point, he decided that "trying to change the world" was self-serving. At this point, he ceased to be like charles and started on a different path.

I think she was looking worried most likely due to how very flamboyant Lelouch made his grand entrance. While completely in character with his "masks" and how he likes to do things, its also creates a giant bullseye over the persona of "Lelouch vi Brittania" that is not protected by an unknown face. Lets face it, if Lelouch fails at what he's trying to do, nobody will be left to fulfill C.C.'s wish of death.
Was Lelouche deciding that trying to change the world was self serving, or was he just going further into it? Killing the emporer who had possession of the entire world and seizing control of it is a pretty big change to the world. In the end, I see that Lelouche and Charles want nothing more than power. Charles wanted power over God, Lelouche wanted power over Charles. And for both of them, when the power is there for them, they grab it.

With C.C., I don't think it's about the flamboyantness. He's made some big statements before, and done some big things. Like, killing all the Japanese in season 1 episode 22. Now, C.C.'s reaction was "I never thought you'd go this far". It was stoic. When he announced he was Zero, she seemed stoic. When he was doing all of his things at the start of the season, he was stoic. The only times so far when she's seemed to be showing any sort of regret/resentment was when he killed the Geass researchers, and now. Both actions I've argued were things that Charles did in killing unarmed citizens [The researchers, not the Geass people], and seizing control after killing/wrestling it from someone else.
Old 2008-09-03, 21:59   Link #1382
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oi. Stop talking about future events.
Old 2008-09-03, 22:01   Link #1383
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Was Lelouche deciding that trying to change the world was self serving, or was he just going further into it? Killing the emporer who had possession of the entire world and seizing control of it is a pretty big change to the world. In the end, I see that Lelouche and Charles want nothing more than power. Charles wanted power over God, Lelouche wanted power over Charles. And for both of them, when the power is there for them, they grab it.

With C.C., I don't think it's about the flamboyantness. He's made some big statements before, and done some big things. Like, killing all the Japanese in season 1 episode 22. Now, C.C.'s reaction was "I never thought you'd go this far". It was stoic. When he announced he was Zero, she seemed stoic. When he was doing all of his things at the start of the season, he was stoic. The only times so far when she's seemed to be showing any sort of regret/resentment was when he killed the Geass researchers, and now. Both actions I've argued were things that Charles did in killing unarmed citizens [The researchers, not the Geass people], and seizing control after killing/wrestling it from someone else.
I don't think he's going to go deeper than charles into creating a more "perfect" world. What Charles was going to complete would have been...well, perfect really. But perfection is NOT human in any regards. I think lelouch learned how exceptionally evil such an ideal is to create a perfect world (and this was his motivations so long as nunally was alive : To create a world where he & nunally could live peacefully). The only way to impose such peace would be to remove free will from those willing to exert it (Charles solution). Lelouch quite obviously rejected this course. Of course, it has to take many, MANY peoples deaths for him to reach this point, as well as for his parents to reveal what @sshats they are. There is a difference to knowing you like the power and are willing to use it to achieve an end, and self-justifying everything you do behind a cause and pretending the power doesn't matter.

In regards to why I believe she feels the Flamboyantness may be dangerous, again it comes down to the safety of the "Persona". As Zero, he was nameless. He was, in fact, Zero. Everything he did wasn't traceable to him. He had layers upon layers of personal protection. Layers of protection which kept safe the only means C.C. has by which to die. Now, he is being Flamboyant, obviously trying to draw Schneizel out. Now it is not Zero that has the bullseye & target on his head, but the 99th Emporer of Britannia. He cannot simply fade away like he could before. If things truly hit the fan, he has no more safety net of anonymousness. As for killing the researchers, that can be laid down to the simple fact that all those that died were people she personally knew and at one point led.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 23:04   Link #1384
Nudvik

I never believed it tbh, which is why I didn't RAGE at the time.
Nudvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 23:33   Link #1385
rpgman1

We shouldn't be discussing about Nunnally here. That should be in spoilers and speculations. Still, it looks like Lelouch and Suzaku had time in that month to make up. I thought Schneizel would equal to "scheme" since his name reminds me of that. So what does he have up his sleeve since Lelouch became Emperor of Britannia?
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 02:34   Link #1386
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I do wonder, which part of
Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.

Is hard to understand ? The spoiler discussion thread is there for a reason - use it. Further posting of unrelated spoilers will result in a temporary ban (which is also stated in the thread guidelines, if someone actually bothered to read them).

Thank you.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:56   Link #1387
FrostWolf

Quote:
I don't think he's going to go deeper than charles into creating a more "perfect" world. What Charles was going to complete would have been...well, perfect really. But perfection is NOT human in any regards. I think lelouch learned how exceptionally evil such an ideal is to create a perfect world (and this was his motivations so long as nunally was alive : To create a world where he & nunally could live peacefully). The only way to impose such peace would be to remove free will from those willing to exert it (Charles solution). Lelouch quite obviously rejected this course. Of course, it has to take many, MANY peoples deaths for him to reach this point, as well as for his parents to reveal what @sshats they are. There is a difference to knowing you like the power and are willing to use it to achieve an end, and self-justifying everything you do behind a cause and pretending the power doesn't matter.

In regards to why I believe she feels the Flamboyantness may be dangerous, again it comes down to the safety of the "Persona". As Zero, he was nameless. He was, in fact, Zero. Everything he did wasn't traceable to him. He had layers upon layers of personal protection. Layers of protection which kept safe the only means C.C. has by which to die. Now, he is being Flamboyant, obviously trying to draw Schneizel out. Now it is not Zero that has the bullseye & target on his head, but the 99th Emporer of Britannia. He cannot simply fade away like he could before. If things truly hit the fan, he has no more safety net of anonymousness. As for killing the researchers, that can be laid down to the simple fact that all those that died were people she personally knew and at one point led.

Schniezel's going to draw Lelouch out no matter what happens that's why he is staying hidden

P.S All Hail Lelouch
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 10:27   Link #1388
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
I will back my argument up with but 1 fact. Taniguchi has not once changed a characters status on the official Correlative from "DEAD" to "This suckas still alive. Fooled ya'll something hardcore".
... What about Corneria? Sorry, I haven't been on the boards for a long time, but i could swear that Corneria was dead for sure. End of season 1...
nexocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 10:37   Link #1389
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...Been alive for a LONG time. You're pretty behind.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 10:39   Link #1390
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

About, the geass eye things. I've recently been thinking of something that might not have been brought up before. We the audience watch Code Geass, we see when someone activates a geass and who has been influenced by it by their eyes, but the characters in the show probably can't tell when a character has their geass turned on or off, and the probably can't tell who has been geassed just by looking for the read glow in their eyes. That is for the audience...

That being said, it would probably be pretty hard to pull out some concrete proof against Lelouch geassing the whole royal family. There's always the whole group mentality thing. Anime's are made in Japan of all places! Group mentality is LAW here. LAW man. Somebody said all hail LeLouch. I have to say it. It's my obligation.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:40   Link #1391
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Since when? She totally came out of nowhere in the middle of the series! After being finished in season 1!
Old 2008-09-04, 10:41   Link #1392
Dream_Traveller
Banned

She wasn't dead to begin with. Her right arm's disabled, from R1, but that's it.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:42   Link #1393
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexocentric View Post
... What about Corneria? Sorry, I haven't been on the boards for a long time, but i could swear that Corneria was dead for sure. End of season 1...
Now there is CODE GEASS R2!!! The second season!
You should watch the trailer and the first...21 episodes!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 10:45   Link #1394
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

I've been watching all the episodes. I'm not behind at all on episodes. I just remember there being a time when there was not corneria, and then bam she jumps out of a vent and offs some dude... I was so like, didn't she die in season 1...
Old 2008-09-04, 10:51   Link #1395
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
About, the geass eye things. I've recently been thinking of something that might not have been brought up before. We the audience watch Code Geass, we see when someone activates a geass and who has been influenced by it by their eyes, but the characters in the show probably can't tell when a character has their geass turned on or off, and the probably can't tell who has been geassed just by looking for the read glow in their eyes. That is for the audience...

Yes they do.

Mao in season 1 wore glasses to hide the fact that he had geass in both his eyes.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:55   Link #1396
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

I'll have to go back and watch the Mao episodes again... hmm... I need to keep up with the message boards.... Anyway, if everything I've said is irrelevant then I agree with kir44n! No fake deaths in the Geass series!!! Yay!!! Unlike... another series... that I love... which I thought would have been cool enough not have fake deaths. *cough* 00 *cough* but i guess, its the bandai way...
Old 2008-09-04, 10:56   Link #1397
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Lockon's death certainly wasn't fake and Patrick has an insanely high level of survivability.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:57   Link #1398
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Yes they do.

Mao in season 1 wore glasses to hide the fact that he had geass in both his eyes.
And Lelouch has made a big deal out of using lences throughout the whole season.
I have never seen if anyone have noticed those affected by geass though-
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 10:57   Link #1399
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
I'll have to go back and watch the Mao episodes again... hmm... I need to keep up with the message boards.... Anyway, if everything I've said is irrelevant then I agree with kir44n! No fake deaths in the Geass series!!! Yay!!! Unlike... another series... that I love... which I thought would have been cool enough not have fake deaths. *cough* 00 *cough* but i guess, its the bandai way...
I'll point you out to the right direction,

Watch the Season 1 episode where Mao and Lelouch play chess on the lift going up where shirley was waiting with a gun.

When Mao takes off his glasses, Lelouch instantly replies that Mao has a geass, and activates his own, Mao sees Lelouch activate his geass and quickly puts his glasses back on.
Old 2008-09-04, 10:59   Link #1400
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
And Lelouch has made a big deal out of using lences throughout the whole season.
I have never seen if anyone have noticed those affected by geass though-
See, I guess I got thrown off by the fact that lelouches lenses block his ablility to use his geass, so it's not so that he can hide it... it's so that he doesn't have to worry about having another Euphy since he can't turn it off anymore.