AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-09-11, 15:43   Link #341
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At least that timeframe would be more acceptable than the OYW period. There's way too much going on there.
Old 2016-09-11, 15:55   Link #342
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Technically, wouldn't options 1 and 4 be the same? A new UC entry? A follow-up on Unicorn, regardless of being a sequel, would still have to explore new ground after Unicorn's ending. There's, what, 20 years between Unicorn and F91?
Although yes there is a bit of overlap between the two option the last option has a much wider scope. It can be anything Universal Century related from another OYW side story to a direct sequel to V Gundam or G Saviour. (okay it's not going to be the last two)

Anyway looks like Crossbone is winning whether they're actually going to adapt it is another thing.
Old 2016-09-12, 06:15   Link #343
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Adapting Crossbone Gundam would be a challenge for the most part. If they adapt the original manga by Yoshiyuki Tomino, that'll be great. But if Sunrise includes the sequels, that'll be harder to adapt it all.

In any case, either an epilogue to Gundam UC or Hathaway's Flash!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 07:56   Link #344
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Crossbone won the poll after the close. That being said, it remains to be seen what Sunrise's next move will be.
Old 2016-09-12, 10:11   Link #345
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I personally think SunDai should make UC anime that took place after the events of Unicorn instead of directly jumping to Crossbone where the audience need to watch (or re-watch) F91 to know the basic setting.

Oh, and if SunDai do want to make Crossbone anime, they'll need to hire & employ some serious character & mecha-designers to remodel the characters and mechas (like how Katoki reworked the designs of the Crossbone Gundams so that Bandai can actually make a model out of it) coz there's no way they're gonna use what's on the pages of the manga. Like seriously, the characters & mechas in Crossbone mangas look like something out of Astro Boy instead of Gundam. Some plots also need some refinement coz there are some ridiculous moments in the manga too that almost rival some facepalm-worthy moments in Victory.
Old 2016-09-12, 11:03   Link #346
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So, Crossbone is the winner. No surprises IMO as Crossbone is long-awaited Gundam series to be animated.

Remind me that latest SRW series to be released is taking Gundam fans attention due to Crossbone debut in SRW, similar to how previous SRW excited mecha fans with Bonta-kun in HD and ARX-8 Laevateinn (from Full Metal Panic) debut, also some portion of Hathaway Flash included to Unicorn story. Considering FMP! got their special preparation after SRW introduced animated Laevateinn, I guess Gundam fans (especially those who also play SRW) doesn't want to hold back when it comes the chance.

Old 2016-09-12, 11:04   Link #347
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so am i the only one here thought the Crossbone suits still in their cartoony manga art style somehow still works if they were animated in the style of Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 14:41   Link #348
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so am i the only one here thought the Crossbone suits still in their cartoony manga art style somehow still works if they were animated in the style of Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill?
Considering how stylized the MS, especially the Crossbones, are? No.
Old 2016-09-12, 19:45   Link #349
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

How does the Full Cloth even get anything done with those plates in the way of its arms?
Old 2016-09-12, 19:58   Link #350
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
How does the Full Cloth even get anything done with those plates in the way of its arms?
Same way it got anything done in Try.
Old 2016-09-13, 00:45   Link #351
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I've got a question: I didn't watch the TV version of Unicorn because I've already seen the OVAs but, is it worth it or not? Any new material that I can look forward too or is it literally just a rehashing of OVAs?

Reviews, reddit and YT aren't exactly clear in that regard, so I thought I ask here where all the Gundam aficionados reside.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 01:02   Link #352
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only thing I know about it is that they did a poor job of editing it from its OVA release, and updated the details on the animation.
Old 2016-09-13, 01:49   Link #353
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I've got a question: I didn't watch the TV version of Unicorn because I've already seen the OVAs but, is it worth it or not? Any new material that I can look forward too or is it literally just a rehashing of OVAs?

Reviews, reddit and YT aren't exactly clear in that regard, so I thought I ask here where all the Gundam aficionados reside.
Definitely not worth it if you've already watched the OVAs. The new-ish things you can get from the TV re-airing are just the Openings & Endings. Changes other than those are minuscule at best and pointless at worst. I have to credit Rising Dragon for calling it early though: the new sequence of "Banshee + FA Unicorn vs. Neo-Zeong" seen in Re: 0096 trailer is just for the Opening song .
Old 2016-09-13, 11:15   Link #354
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
The only thing I know about it is that they did a poor job of editing it from its OVA release, and updated the details on the animation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Definitely not worth it if you've already watched the OVAs. The new-ish things you can get from the TV re-airing are just the Openings & Endings. Changes other than those are minuscule at best and pointless at worst. I have to credit Rising Dragon for calling it early though: the new sequence of "Banshee + FA Unicorn vs. Neo-Zeong" seen in Re: 0096 trailer is just for the Opening song .
Thanks for the heads-up guys. Well then, I'm not gonna bother with this one. I'll probably just give IBO another marathon to prep for its return in October.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote