AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 01:07   Link #4241
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

What? Klaus? Where did that come from?

You mean this?

Spoiler for Certainly he's fashionable..:

If ya'll don't remember, Klaus went mad over him in that, or a similar suit. That was years ago, in the first few chapters. I don't even recall it well. Heh...

Oh, and finally we got something. Looks pretty generic to me.

So...

Since he's using loads of stuff from Greek legends, is Athena actually a goddess? Perhaps a reincarnation or something? Naw, why would she then get possessed by something like Midas? It makes no sense... *sigh*
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:17   Link #4242
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Since he's using loads of stuff from Greek legends, is Athena actually a goddess? Perhaps a reincarnation or something? Naw, why would she then get possessed by something like Midas? It makes no sense... *sigh*
That's why Isumi mentioned the great despair that Athena went through...

It's official, Athena's identity is getting more and more intriguing, and it looks like our knowledge of her is day one again.

Did I comment that that is a very humongous snake?
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:23   Link #4243
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Guess the spoilers were genuine afterall. So, this should mark the near end of the Greece arc since Athena says they'll again soon. BTW Rah, where did you find this picture?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:24   Link #4244
Rah

Well, yeah. If she's the reincarnation of the goddess Athena, then her spirit is probably over 9000 years old, and went through loads of shit. Who knows?

What's bugging me now is the fact that Isumin' got trashed, effortlessly I may add, by 1 hand of Midas. Why does Machi have to show off? It's already overkill. How exactly are they going to beat that? And perhaps there's even more! Jeez...

When the manga is in "silly mode" I can understand how Hayate can completely dominate some giant robot, or whatever, but now that it's serious, and he got pulverized by Machi in "normal mode"....

Yeah..

Things don't bode well.

@KK13

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%D0%FD%B7%E7%B9%DC%BC%D2

Specifically - http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=663263092
Old 2009-11-02, 01:34   Link #4245
zodanhko
*ignoring*

That explains why Machina is no good with chopsticks. And taking from Athena, that snake is like a new born child using human's physical appearance in disguise.

Reminds me of Loki Ragnarok series.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:41   Link #4246
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Thanks, so they only just posted this 30 minutes ago. From what the people said on the thread it should be Machina. Brief info on people's replies. The person who posted the picture is saying that Hata is drawing after Naruto. A person said that snake is the symbol of Hakuo and most of the rest are complaining about it.
Old 2009-11-02, 01:47   Link #4247
Rah

Ah, I can't help myself.
Spoiler for Did somebody say snakes? How exactly are they going to return to Japan? Is it going to be on a p-:
Old 2009-11-02, 01:49   Link #4248
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Can you read Chinese since you found this on a Chinese site Rah? You sure have a big collection of various pictures.
Old 2009-11-02, 01:51   Link #4249
Rah

Don't be silly. I'm not compatible with any form of "moonrunes". Right click on pictures posted by people in this thread, then go properties, and you'll see where it's linked from. Found about the site that way. I also know of another site; which I'm not sharing, though.
Old 2009-11-02, 01:55   Link #4250
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Don't be silly. I'm not compatible with any form of "moonrunes". Right click on pictures posted by people in this thread, then go properties, and you'll see where it's linked from. Found about the site that way. I also know of another site; which I'm not sharing, though.
Nice, so does that site have pictures or summaries? BTW, I thought you'll be satisfied since you guess right that the trio will retreat so how come you are disappointed?
Old 2009-11-02, 02:06   Link #4251
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Why does that snake have a giant gem on it's forehead?

I kinda remember Yukiji, some kind of gem on her forehead, and perfect qualities that resembles snakes (greedy, selfish and whatnot).
Old 2009-11-02, 02:06   Link #4252
Rah

It's similar to the one I just linked. Don't know if it's Korean, Chinese, Japanese, or Mongolian; nor I care.

Uhm... well, I gave out a lot of possible scenarios. Guessing right the worst possible one doesn't make me happy. But it's not over yet. Not until we see the last page of this chapter, and the next one. They might be stopped from escaping. Just because they escaped that particular room, or the mansion, it doesn't mean that they're out of trouble yet.

Why would Midas even let them go? After all the trouble he went through by revealing himself, too!

Oh, and clearly Machi is... uhmm... wait...

Ah, I'm confused now. Is Machi in cahoots with Midas? Perhaps he was summoned by him to guard her, and he got emotionally attached to her? Perhaps Athena is unaware of his true form? Hm... unlikely...

Or is he a genuine blockhead that still thinks that it's Athena that's fighting them? Did he not see the giant skeleton arm? Perhaps only specific people can see it?

Dammit Hata...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Why does that snake have a giant gem on it's forehead?

I kinda remember Yukiji, some kind of gem on her forehead, and perfect qualities that resembles snakes (greedy, selfish and whatnot).

Awww, crap. I'm going to become an image spammer at this rate! *refrains from posting a pic of Adam Blade from Needless*

It's probably just a decoration, or his (well, it's...) weak point. Yeah, you read that right. WEAK POINT. In such a manga it needs to be REALLY obvious. Especially if someone like Hayata-tan is gonna fight it.

Oh, or perhaps it shoots lasers. PEW PEW!
Old 2009-11-02, 02:12   Link #4253
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:

Uhm... well, I gave out a lot of possible scenarios. Guessing right the worst possible one doesn't make me happy. But it's not over yet. Not until we see the last page of this chapter, and the next one. They might be stopped from escaping. Just because they escaped that particular room, or the mansion, it doesn't mean that they're out of trouble yet.

Why would Midas even let them go? After all the trouble he went through by revealing himself, too!
The picture you posted is the last page. To answer your question, the trio should be able to escape since Athena said they'll meet again soon. Normally if you don't want someone to escape you'll say ie. You can't escape/ there is no escape, so Midas King have plent of opportunities to attack them again.
Old 2009-11-02, 02:16   Link #4254
leoblack9

Perhaps it's a giant gem that needs purifying? Man, I'm really just around here just for the lulz.

Where are you, youthful enthusiasm? Come back to me!
Old 2009-11-02, 02:20   Link #4255
Rah

That's the whole part that I don't understand. Why would he let them go? Now that he's even gotten huge reinforcements! Isumin's powers are weak, Hayate is beaten up, Sakuya is an ornament. How easy it would be to just take it.

He's dragging it.... this solves nothing! Like I said before, if upon arrival back home they are greeted by some of the girls, or if "Hayate's wounds open" (I'm comparing this to the silly part of the manga where he bleeds 3/4 of his blood and is still fine, or after some horrible accident... - no reaction) and everyone (especially Nagi) is like OH, NOEZ! HAYATE!

I'll be really... annoyed...

Not like that's of any concern to anyone here, or Hata at that. Heh! Perhaps if I were Japanese, Hata would actually care about my opinion, since I'd buy the manga he's making a profit of. Heh...
Old 2009-11-02, 02:29   Link #4256
Koroshiya_Kame_13

I'll agree with you on the dragging part, but if you read any other shonen manga this is to be expected. Shonen mangakas are always like that, I can even give some examples.
One Piece: Blackbeard doesn't fight Luffy during the Skypeia Saga(from that chapter's POV)
Naruto: Itachi didn't kill Sasuke after the Chunin Exam (from that chapter's POV)
Bleach: Yammy doesn't die (from that chapter's POV)
I know they most have something to do with someone dying, but this is considered drag too.
People in Japan are satisfied with "We'll meet again soon" so that's why mangakas use it so much.
Old 2009-11-02, 02:54   Link #4257
Rah

But at least that's interesting and things actually happen. Hata and his clown troupe said that they weren't experienced in drawing combat scenes. Then why is it called "The COMBAT Butler"?

Now, if memory serves...

OP: Laboon - Don't remember, but it's necessary for Brook.
Bleach: Yammy - Which chapter? The latest one? Ichigo is a wimp. He's weak. Everyone gets power boosts depending on the circumstance.
Naruto: But it was interesting how he appeared all of a sudden in Konoha. And how they owned Kakashi & Co.

And then how he beat up Sasuke. That's a nice scene. Beating the emo kid is always fun!

HnG:

Hina date - I'll serve you the meals! This is my way of the butler! Lol. Yer in a famous restaurant, and can't have the waiter do that? Can't have a chef do the cooking? Can't enjoy a meal with a pretty girl, even though you're so preoccupied over Athena?

And then Hina just had to ask him about it. Nothing happens. No confession.. everything at a standstill. If they see each other again, it will be just like always.

Athena - I don't know you! *ARRR MY FINGERRR I'LL BITE IT BECAUSE HE STILL MAKES MY HEART RACE, AND I'M IN DENIAL, BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGSSSSSS - end of the chapter*

3 pointless chapters of Hayate being beaten, taken care of (with her still clinging to whatever is more important than him), and then the big revelation that Hayate successfully trashed with his brightest smile. LOOK HOW HAPPY I AM! YOU HAVE NOTHING THAT COMPARES TO MY JOY! My life was soooo horrible, how was yours? - Oh, wait. I'm not gonna pry. I'll just BEAM MY HAPPY LASERS ALL OVER THE PLACE! *BEAMS*

Midas: sup?
Hayate: oh noes!
Isumin': ai! *throws talisman*
Midas: lulz
Isumin': whut? unpossible!
Sakuya is just standing there like a vase
Hayate: we need to get out of here!
Isumin': ai! ai! *throwing more paper*
Orochima- *cough* Machina: HIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS!! *blocks*
Isumin': ;_;
Midas: Eh, I'm too lazy to catch them now. I can do it anytime anyways... *lets em go*

-_-

So.....

Children, what have we learned?
Uhm, teacher, may I go to the bathroom?
Timmy, YOU MAY NOT!
Awwww, but I rilly gottwa goooo~~

Short:

Athena still cares about Hayate - OMG SRSLY? WHAT A SCOOP!
Athena is possessed by Midas - ..... Kay
Athena is still in denial - .................
Hayate didn't confess, but he at least apologized - 1-1=0
Isumin's powers aren't enough to stop him - Does anyone care?
Machina is a snake - Oh, how important! Teach us more history! *gets a scrap of wool*

What else? Eh, why do I bother.... it got dragged, and nothing important was revealed. He just threw bread crumbs at us.
Old 2009-11-02, 02:56   Link #4258
leoblack9

Perhaps they read multiple series so cliffhangers don't affect them so much.

"We'll meet again after 100+ chapters!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah
But at least that's interesting and things actually happen. Hata and his clown troupe said that they weren't experienced in drawing combat scenes. Then why is it called "The COMBAT Butler"?
Combat Butler is just the Westernized Title, literally Hayate no Gotoku = Whimsical Wind.. so it wouldn't sound well, nice in english.
Old 2009-11-02, 02:56   Link #4259
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

somehow Athena around a ginat snake looks....very sexy orz
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 02:59   Link #4260
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Sorry guys for sudden dissapearance. I was using wifi and iPod touch to chat.
BTW,Emperor Rah, nice spoiler. One thing,what is actually the relationship between Athena (manga version, not the myth one) and the snake??

Tags
comedy, shounen