AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 12:45   Link #2121
Joly
モエカステル

Or it can be like Kishin's theory: these are Rika and Mion's designs in the original script, before Higurashi became a sound novel. (It could even be totally unrelated to the storyline that we all know. ...And there goes the theory that the story takes place far into the past out the window.)

The tiny Hanyuu, I did notice- I think it is just a little Easter Egg that nods to the Higurashi series we're familiar with. It looks more like those cute accessories that people like to hang off their book bags/backpacks.

...One of the reasons I cannot see any of those girls as being children of the main cast is the character designs (Rika has always been the shortest of the cast... and I don't know why they would suddenly give Mion Rena's school uniform design.) And fans interested in romance of the series are probably going to expect Keiichi to be paired up/married(?!) with one of the main girls if this takes place in the future and these are the main cast's kids like some people may think... and I don't see that happening or any of the couples becoming official.

As for the Mion/Mion-lookalike- to me, it's still a green color that matches up with the Sonozaki hair color. And it could be due to the artist's choice of green which is why it can appear "yellow green". The Higurashi manga is illustrated by many different mangaka and their choices and styles of coloring are very different from each other.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 12:53   Link #2122
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Remember, this is an adaptation of a play (perhaps 2 hours long) that got expanded into Higurashi. I doubt that you'll find too much similarity among fine details.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 12:54   Link #2123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well either it is an alternate account (early script), the past, or the future/present (2011). Them in Rena's uniform would suggest that either the school has a standard uniform now (or then) or Rena's style is popular with these girls. (I don't recall, where was Rena's school uniform from anyway?)
Old 2011-08-30, 12:58   Link #2124
Joly
モエカステル

In the end, all these theories will be proven incorrect.

Although it is an adaptation of an old play, there's a possibility that 07 could add something new or make changes to it for its manga adaptation.

If I recall correctly, I think all that's mentioned about Rena's uniform (and the others) is that it is from a secondhand clothing store run by Mion's uncle with uniforms from schools all over the country.
Old 2011-08-30, 17:30   Link #2125
Joly
モエカステル

Sorry for the double-post.

...alright, I tried to do a little bit of research (or more like Googling around.) I cannot fully understand it, but I think I found a little excerpt of Hinamizawa Bus Stop in a blog entry by 07 back in 2003.

A conversation between Rika and Mion.

Rika originally being an older girl with Mion as her junior sounds about right... (correct me if I'm wrong.)

EDIT:
And got confirmation from a friend- yes, this is the original script.

Last edited by Joly; 2011-08-31 at 20:24.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:04   Link #2126
User173096
Disabled By Request

This senior/junior thing reminds me of yuri... I'm really looking forward to read Hinamizawa Bus Stop!
BTW, how about Saikoroshi-hen manga? Is there any RAWs?
User173096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 20:06   Link #2127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Rika did say she won't lose...to Mion's breasts.
Old 2011-08-31, 15:30   Link #2128
pehweiyan

If it is Rika, she is now taller then Mion/Shion/Whoever that have green hair?
I think her breast still smaller though :X
pehweiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 19:18   Link #2129
User173096
Disabled By Request

I noticed this too
User173096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 19:57   Link #2130
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by pehweiyan View Post
If it is Rika, she is now taller then Mion/Shion/Whoever that have green hair?
I think her breast still smaller though :X
The girl is Rika. Her original design before Higurashi became a sound novel is that she was supposed to be a little older than Mion. And yes, the other girl is Mion.

Saikoroshi-hen manga is still running. There are no complete chapter RAWs floating around as far as I know. I own a physical copy of chapter one (just to have the color pages ), but I don't know how far the manga is currently in JOKER magazine...
Old 2011-09-01, 12:00   Link #2131
evilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Before you go nuts, did the operating system crash, or did the entire hard drive die (clicking sounds from the drive, spin up and spin down noises, etc)? If it's just the OS, then you can still recover your data (pretty effortlessly, too).
The hard disk did crash, and i can't even find my hard drive in the BIOS. i already bought some disk recovery to get all my manga back but i don't have luck recovering it (well i do expected it because i'm using an old hard disk) and what's worst, i forgot to backup it (T^T)
evilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 18:28   Link #2132
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilson View Post
The hard disk did crash, and i can't even find my hard drive in the BIOS. i already bought some disk recovery to get all my manga back but i don't have luck recovering it (well i do expected it because i'm using an old hard disk) and what's worst, i forgot to backup it (T^T)
If you're desperate (and you may very well be), I would recommend that you take the drive to a data recovery center. This is a hardware problem, and they can try to recover the data directly from the platters themselves. Of course, this means that you'll need to buy a new hard drive, and the recovery itself usually costs at least $500, but the companies do not charge you unless they CAN recover the data. I recommend it if only because personal documents (especially those not backed up in some other form) are without price.
Old 2011-09-02, 00:58   Link #2133
pehweiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
The girl is Rika. Her original design before Higurashi became a sound novel is that she was supposed to be a little older than Mion. And yes, the other girl is Mion.

Saikoroshi-hen manga is still running. There are no complete chapter RAWs floating around as far as I know. I own a physical copy of chapter one (just to have the color pages ), but I don't know how far the manga is currently in JOKER magazine...
I see
So that is Higurashi storyline before
So why did they put the coverpage at the end of Masuribayashi-hen? o.o

What is Saikoroshi-hen? Sorry for my ignorance
Old 2011-09-02, 01:18   Link #2134
Oblivion

Quote:
I see

Saikoroshi-hen is an arc in Rei. It's basically Rika is in an alternate timeline, different from her own and she's trying to get back. In the anime, it was episodes 2-4 of the Rei OVA.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 08:36   Link #2135
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
I see

The image is not a part of the Matsuribayashi-hen story. There's usually advertisements for other manga at the end of the book.

Last edited by Joly; 2011-09-06 at 23:50.
Old 2011-09-10, 01:01   Link #2136
lombrai

I've been religiously reading higurashi but i now seem to be stucked.

I'm at the answer arcs and was reading meakashi, until i realised that all the chapters aren't out yet (but i think i can buy the books translated in english)

but seeing that i looked around a bit, and found out that tsumihoroboshi hasn't been completely scanlated, and i don't think you can buy the books translated in english yet.

so i wanted to ask if there was either a site where they're all scanlated, all chapters of higurashi that is.
Or if all the mangas are available to buy in english.
And if not if anyone as an idea of when the completed serie will be available to read.

And sorry for asking if someone already asked this, but i REALLY want to read it in the right way and it's way too thrilling to stop reading in the questions arcs where the answer's are coming in : )
lombrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 01:56   Link #2137
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombrai View Post
I've been religiously reading higurashi but i now seem to be stucked.

I'm at the answer arcs and was reading meakashi, until i realised that all the chapters aren't out yet (but i think i can buy the books translated in english)

but seeing that i looked around a bit, and found out that tsumihoroboshi hasn't been completely scanlated, and i don't think you can buy the books translated in english yet.

so i wanted to ask if there was either a site where they're all scanlated, all chapters of higurashi that is.
Or if all the mangas are available to buy in english.
And if not if anyone as an idea of when the completed serie will be available to read.

And sorry for asking if someone already asked this, but i REALLY want to read it in the right way and it's way too thrilling to stop reading in the questions arcs where the answer's are coming in : )
Yen Press is publishing the Higurashi Manga in English.
Here's the website: http://www.yenpress.com/higurashi-when-they-cry/
They are not done releasing the series yet but the first volume of the Atonement Arc(tsumihoroboshi hen) is coming out in october!
L in Hinamizawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 16:42   Link #2138
pehweiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L in Hinamizawa View Post
Yen Press is publishing the Higurashi Manga in English.
Here's the website: http://www.yenpress.com/higurashi-when-they-cry/
They are not done releasing the series yet but the first volume of the Atonement Arc(tsumihoroboshi hen) is coming out in october!
Thanks for providing this link
Old 2011-09-10, 16:45   Link #2139
pehweiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
Saikoroshi-hen is an arc in Rei. It's basically Rika is in an alternate timeline, different from her own and she's trying to get back. In the anime, it was episodes 2-4 of the Rei OVA.
It is the one where she have to murder one of her relative to get back? Trying not to be a spoiler here
Old 2011-09-10, 17:00   Link #2140
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Yes. Plus goes more into mion's sin and about hanyuu alot more, if i remember...