Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-04, 23:27   Link #1521
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF if she was getting killed/defeated i would rather want it to be closer to the end of the manga or at least when Tatsumi is roughly on her level alone.
Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i personally think that giving esdese personalitty and background, giving any character development would ruin the character, she is kinda the oldschool shonen main character that was kinda on a gray spot where all she want its to be stronger and will take down anyone in her way, even her sadistics way seem more out of efficiency or a statement, than from pleasure, in the end she is a sociopath, an i cant see much character development with a person that possess such a trait.
Any character in any story can be given development regardless of their personality, but it largely depends on what plans the author has for that individual. He's doing a good job on Esdese so far. This doesn't mean she necessarily won't die, same with everyone else.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 23:38   Link #1522
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i actually say it because of past chapters, the pholosophy her father teached her really influenced her way of life, for me she seems to enjoy the fact of proving she is stronger than others, and given what her father said to her after the tribe was massacred was what made in her mind thats the way to prove strenght, im not saying she feels remorse or anything, her father even noted that shes missing that part, wich makes her a perfect hunter.

Quote:
Any character in any story can be given development regardless of their personality, but it largely depends on what plans the author has for that individual. He's doing a good job on Esdese so far. This doesn't mean she necessarily won't die, same with everyone else.
yes, i think youre rigth, afterall character development can come in various ways, to be more specific what i dont see or at least wouldnt like to see, is some changes in esdese personality, though i could see a change in her position or situation.
Old 2012-09-05, 00:56   Link #1523
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I doubt Esdes will suddenly start becoming mother theresa, but I don't doubt she's changing. She mentions it to herself in one of the chapters as well

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 01:54   Link #1524
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
yes, i think youre rigth, afterall character development can come in various ways, to be more specific what i dont see or at least wouldnt like to see, is some changes in esdese personality, though i could see a change in her position or situation.
That's already happening, but it's much more gradual, it also helps that has she has some positive traits to begin with.

Spoiler for image:

It's not first time she has felt this way either.

I don't think her position matters as much since she can (and is) develop even as a General of the Empire. Whether it lead to her deflecting (with a catalyst/trigger) is another story.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-09-05 at 02:06.
Old 2012-09-05, 03:25   Link #1525
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i have gotten the feeling that she lacks a lot of human emotion, but migth be replaced by basic instinct wich would be what leaded her to search a partner, triggering some changes in her in behavior, also considering her belief of how to determine the strong and the weak i could see her deflecting if by any chance nightraid were to defeat her without killing her, specially if it were one individual.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:21   Link #1526
Mr.Garfield

Quote:
deflecting if by any chance nightraid were to defeat her without killing her, specially if it were one individual.
you mean something like the worst cliche ever?
imo
Mr.Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:17   Link #1527
NeutralZero

What's wrong with cliche?
If they manage to pull it right it really doesn't matter if its a cliche or not...
But if she is to deflect, what sort of triger it might be?
In case of the boss and any members of nightraid somewhat minus Tatsumi, they would kill her when there's a chance...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:45   Link #1528
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Is there even anything that's original anymore in the world? -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:22   Link #1529
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Im not a fan of that bad guy switching sides situation, but like neutral and evil said its hard to find something original in fiction nowadays, its more in how good the author pull it, and esdese's reason to be with the empire dont really makea her to be loyal to it.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:13   Link #1530
Soji

Honestly I still wondering why people think that she will switch side or better there is chance for that.
Not matter if she love Tatsumi (though i agree with zeniselv on this one after re-read the manga and think the whole thing better) but seem pretty clear to me that she will die sooner or later plus like Tenchi Hou Take point out ,seem to me that Tatsumi vs Esdes will be one of the most interesting fight for the end of the manga ,like pre-final boss or something like this.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 14:37   Link #1531
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
i have gotten the feeling that she lacks a lot of human emotion, but migth be replaced by basic instinct wich would be what leaded her to search a partner, triggering some changes in her in behavior, also considering her belief of how to determine the strong and the weak i could see her deflecting if by any chance nightraid were to defeat her without killing her, specially if it were one individual.
Heh, funny that you say that because she assumed "love" was simply some sort bestial instinct (she's half-right) in the beginning. That said, it's not that Esdese lacks human emotions, she just doesn't much in the way of empathy for others who could not overcome their hardship as she had. She essentially grew up that way thanks ideology that was install in her. But now Tatsumi's influence causing her to do things that aren't really in the best interest of someone in her position. This partly cost her Stylish though she is unware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garfield View Post
you mean something like the worst cliche ever?
imo
Maybe in another manga yeah it would be pretty cliche, but in this series? Not really since no one rarely does unless it happens before the start of the story like with Najenda, Raba, Akame and Braht. Your more likely to die to than join an opposing team. It's not necessary a bad thing even if does occur. I see Esdese going more neutral in the end though.
Old 2012-09-05, 15:49   Link #1532
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

ive been wondering if anyone know where does this manga places in popularity within the joker magazine mangas?
Old 2012-09-05, 16:13   Link #1533
Iron Maw
Banned

Unless someone who reads the magazine posts that's going to be hard to answer. I tried looking a couple months back and after I found out Dusk Maiden was serialized there too. This was the best I got so far.

Spoiler for ranking:

It's an old ranking from a year ago though, I suppose it's still a good sign. Maybe someone else have better luck.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-09-05 at 17:05.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:20   Link #1534
Tenchi Hou Take

Well it's not in Shounen jump, so it's not in danger of being cancelled, so really the rankings don't really matter all that much. Volume sales do, however since it's the actual judge of the popularity of a series.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 14:21   Link #1535
OverSeer
Inactive Member

damn Zeniselv, your avatar is creepy

Where is it from? (Which show?)
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 15:18   Link #1536
Soji

Quote:
Well it's not in Shounen jump, so it's not in danger of being cancelled, so really the rankings don't really matter all that much. Volume sales do, however since it's the actual judge of the popularity of a series.
Talk about this. Some one know how good Akame ga kill sale?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:52   Link #1537
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
but popularity can determine the greenlight of more arcs, and popularity is generally tied with sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
damn Zeniselv, your avatar is creepy

Where is it from? (Which show?)
actually its from a gag anime shorts, +tic neesan.
Old 2012-09-08, 20:15   Link #1538
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

no i am worried about chelsea been chased by 3 jaegers including the leader

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:20   Link #1539
ShiroiRyu

WOW !
The end ... The two sisters ... and this dragon skeleton. Oo
Old 2012-09-08, 22:13   Link #1540
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
no i am worried about chelsea been chased by 3 jaegers including the leader
specially when in chapter 28 there was what could be a death flag for her.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!