5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-10, 19:34   Link #141
Jaden

ARGH!!! Suzaku godmodding and flirting with Euphemia at the same time gave me some really, really bad vibes. I could really feel rage building up while watching that scene.
But, Lulu had to rescue him in the end, so that kind of saved the episode.
Old 2007-03-10, 20:00   Link #142
Juvyniled

It was really more of an act of desperation on Euphemia's part since she doesn't want him to throw himself into the 'mosh pit' and duke it out with everyone, without some reassurance that he'll come back alive. Though I can only wonder why she 'loves' him.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 21:35   Link #143
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Teenage love are like that hahaha. Beside, it's so obvious between those 2. Him saving her during earlier episode and her choosing him as her knight when she saw everyone criticizing him.

Even during episode 18, she went out alone trying to save him.

It's nice to see C.C and Lelouch piloting the Gawain. That bastard is so lucky to have 2 chicks piloting mecha for him.
Old 2007-03-10, 21:37   Link #144
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Jesus, people bashing this episode solely due to Suzaku and Euphemia aspect? But weren't people complaining earlier on that they didn't show enough of Suzaku and Euphie's political ideals clearer before? People just don't seem to be able to be satisfied, can't they?

Quote:
It was really more of an act of desperation on Euphemia's part since she doesn't want him to throw himself into the 'mosh pit' and duke it out with everyone, without some reassurance that he'll come back alive. Though I can only wonder why she 'loves' him.
I'm pretty sure it's of a political marriage thing like in the medieval days of Europe. Having two distinctly different types of royalties under differing sides or ethnicity or nationality in order to put forth some sort of a message that peace goes beyond boundaries. But of course, considering that Euphie sees herself as a rare breed of those trying to transcend national identities and boundaries, I'm pretty certain she became interested in Suzaku due to that rare bond they have. I'm sure Euphie would have had an eye for Zero if Zero was not openly hostile to Euphie for belonging in the Britannian faction. That's a pretty far off love-triangle of sorts, but I think it's possible as far as the dance of the royalty goes.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 21:53   Link #145
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Jesus, people bashing this episode solely due to Suzaku and Euphemia aspect? But weren't people complaining earlier on that they didn't show enough of Suzaku and Euphie's political ideals clearer before? People just don't seem to be able to be satisfied, can't they?
Perhaps you are right. Some people ARE bashing for the sake of bashing. I myself can't understand the whole picture without watching the episode, but so far the summaries have been quite interesting. My hatred for Suzaku has lessened of late, though not quite close to dissipating.

This episode seems a little more focused on the two of them as well, I suppose, and it was entertaining to see Suzaku and Lelouch "work together" again. I wonder what this entails for them all if Suzaku does indeed find out who Zero really is.

I'm thinking that attack was just one of the many capabilities Gawain has. It will be interesting to see what C.C (love that pilot suit) and Lelouch can do with it.

Pudding Earl=appropriate=
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 21:54   Link #146
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
A few things to think about quickly.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Azure22; 2007-03-10 at 21:56. Reason: Ha, haven't posted for a while, did the spoilers wrong the first time.
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 22:08   Link #147
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't think the geass can affect outside forces. It's simply affecting Suzaku's mindset, instead of giving up in a situation where he might consider giving up he is forced to do anything to survive. It's just a luck of the plot that Gawain showed up at the right moment to save Suzaku from getting blown to pieces. I think it's just about what Suzaku perceives and how he feels. If he doesn't know a sniper is aiming for him he'd have no reason to try and survive.

I wonder though how Lelouch is planning on dealing with Cornelia and Schneizel. It's not like it'd be an easy task taking them down since Cornelia is good in a fight and not exactly an idiot. Also Schneizel is clearly good at strategy and has no problem with trying to sacrifice Suzaku's life.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 23:25   Link #148
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I actually think that's a very intriguing thought whether the Geass only affects Suzaku or whether it can somehow have a vague effect outside of him.

Spidey sense tingling?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 23:55   Link #149
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Pretty good episode although Yuffie is not at the top of my list as favorite females in series I was glad to see that she was soiled by Stalker Nina. However commanding Suzaku to love her was so damn funny i couldnt stop laughing. Which means were going to have a pussy Suzaku on our hands. Unless someone yells Suzaku LIVE! as we all thought that geass is long lasting.

Zero has got some big plans looks like her wants to create a country within the japan protected by the Black Knights, this could be possible given how big the order is now. I dont even think Britannia could attack out right without taking serious losses.

Gawain is a two seater which is pretty cool and watching Lancelot and and it work together was damn cool. Euphie is pretty happy now her brother and the person she loves were working together instead of fighting. I think its also important to note that Euphie is fully aware that she is only a puppet as vice governor.

C.C s new outfit is totally hot she may very well be one the hottest anime chics of all time, i never get tired of seeing her.
Kallen looked a little Jealous that she couldnt go out with Zero?

Last but not least Shirleys has discovered the note knows Lulu is Zero and is wondering why she forgot. I knew her roll was not over and all i can say Oh Shit what will happen next.
I want more Villetta ill have to wait for 21 however.

And as usual people are bashing and flaming some people are just never satisfied.
Old 2007-03-11, 01:03   Link #150
Juvyniled

It's simply a fact that you have to accept: there are tons of people who hate Suzaku entirely, and won't change their opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
Having two distinctly different types of royalties under differing sides or ethnicity or nationality in order to put forth some sort of a message that peace goes beyond boundaries. But of course, considering that Euphie sees herself as a rare breed of those trying to transcend national identities and boundaries, I'm pretty certain she became interested in Suzaku due to that rare bond they have. I'm sure Euphie would have had an eye for Zero if Zero was not openly hostile to Euphie for belonging in the Britannian faction.
There might be a subliminal message in their relationship, but for the most part, it seems that Euphemia wants to the beacon of light in Suzaku's world of darkness (cheer him up a bit). They probably see eye-to-eye in redefining the 'system', which is probably another motivation for their spontaneous relationship. Even then, it's still difficult to understand. I won't lie to you, I was initially going to call it a political marriage, but how would that really benefit Euphemia or even Suzaku? With that vast amount of visibility he is receiving already, if they should ever come out with their relationship, there are going to be major consequences.

Oh, and I bet Euphemia would have an eye for Zero if he were not Lelouch. I mean they were raised as siblings, and I doubt they could throw that relationship away.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 02:21   Link #151
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Thumbs down

Wow, that episode was god-awful. What a real disappointment from last week, which wasn't even that great of an episode either. CG hasn't had any high points since Todou joined the crew.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 02:53   Link #152
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Wow, that episode was god-awful. What a real disappointment from last week, which wasn't even that great of an episode either. CG hasn't had any high points since Todou joined the crew.
Rather have a disappointing ep then a .5 ep =P
Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 03:53   Link #153
JediNight
キズランダム

About the Roman aspect: The reason it seems that way at the moment, is that the area has not been deemed "cleaned" or whatever Cornelia would say about it. With major uprsing elements active in the country, they have to maintain a large military presence in the country still to deal with this.

From the discussion between Cornelia and her advisors in earlier episodes about why they can't move against Kyoto -- it's obvious that they basically just pour capital into the country and let the economy build itself up. Euphemia would then just be like an administrator afterwards .... receiving reports and other inane errata. They don't want to disrupt countries, because they want them to have a strong economy so they benefit the Empire. (Much like how the US abandoned punishing Japan after WW2 so that they could build them up to help counter the Soviets)

It's not a perfect match to the old Roman system, but its close enough.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 04:35   Link #154
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So if such a small float system put a strain on the Lancelot, what kind of system is powering the Avalon & the Gawain, for that matter?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 05:42   Link #155
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I actually think that's a very intriguing thought whether the Geass only affects Suzaku or whether it can somehow have a vague effect outside of him.

Spidey sense tingling?
Perhaps the effects of using Geass one time too many starting to show?

I did recall C.C telling Lulu that the Geass will become more powerful in some way...Or was I mistaken?

Quote:
Oh, and I bet Euphemia would have an eye for Zero if he were not Lelouch. I mean they were raised as siblings, and I doubt they could throw that relationship away.
That sounds a little hard to explain, because in any case, Zero was the murderer of Clovis. While I don't see Euphie going all bonkers and threatening to kill him with a parasol in her hands at every chance she gets, it's highly possible that she will at least feel uncertainty and animosity towards him.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 06:26   Link #156
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So if such a small float system put a strain on the Lancelot, what kind of system is powering the Avalon & the Gawain, for that matter?
Well, i think their "flight systems" are more advanced than Lancelot's flight pack. After all - they are built-in features of the original design, and the energy consumption rate must have been taken in to account.

Unlike with Lancelot, where the "flight pack" is a simple jet engine attached to it that uses additional power, that, possibly, was not taken in to account when building Lancelot. The different color theme for the pack might as well suggest that it was originally intended for another unit.
Old 2007-03-11, 06:34   Link #157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well Avalon is way bigger , so it's easier to have them install a bigger 'battery'.

Unlike Lancelot, Lelouch isn't using it to dodge bullets and missiles or any extreme maneuver like what Suzaku constancely does, so it probably doesn't use up much energy...

This might be wrong if they revealed that the Hadron requires alot of energy to fire...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 06:36   Link #158
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
That sounds a little hard to explain, because in any case, Zero was the murderer of Clovis. While I don't see Euphie going all bonkers and threatening to kill him with a parasol in her hands at every chance she gets, it's highly possible that she will at least feel uncertainty and animosity towards him.
i think yuffie will look more towards the family member alive rather than the one already dead ~ i would say that if she didnt know that lulu was zero then sure killing him doesnt make that much of a different but knowing this fact she is struggling to see what she can do to remove zero but keep lulu...she did mention that she cant see a solution to lulu's problems thats why maybe next ep she ~
Spoiler for for ep 21:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 06:43   Link #159
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post

I will agree with Deathkillz here - i can't see her trying to harm Lulu. Yes, he killed one of her siblings, but then again - it was his sibling as well. And as we learned, Euphie and Cornelia used to be quite close to Lulu in the past, so chances are that she would be quite willing to "forgive" him. Assuming she holds any form of a grudge in the first place, which, i believe, she does not.
Old 2007-03-11, 07:47   Link #160
0rphen21
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

But what if that "going down fighting" is a fight for survival?
i was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago it reminded me of a saying "a wild animal is most dangerous when it is cornered" or something like like that

O.T. i visited Omni's site earlier today and found that he updated and added this link WARNING!!!! the song is very addicting kuddos to Omni and his Friend who found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI2gB...rem%2Danime%2F