AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-09, 20:02   Link #1
donna8157

Full Moon wo Sagashite

I just watched this. I thought it was incredibly sad.I was hoping that she'd get back together with Eichi-kun. But I thought the most tragic character of all was Meroko. I liked her a lot. I was hoping that Takuto would realize that he loved Meroko also. =(

Last edited by donna8157; 2004-05-30 at 01:12.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 02:24   Link #2
gundam na jutso

i like the way it ended no body got wacked and that one ol boy got his life back sniff sniff i was so happy that such apurrty litte girl did not have to die
gundam na jutso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 04:21   Link #3
Ookla The Mok

I loved the ending of the anime. I was really surprised (especially by what happened to Meroko) and thought the whole thing was a very fitting and happy ending.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 11:26   Link #4
SoupForInsanity
Kawaiiiiii

Send a message via AIM to SoupForInsanity Send a message via MSN to SoupForInsanity
This is one of my most favorite anime ever ^-^ It's so sad and happy at the same time, and the story is great. Everytime I thought something would happen a certain way I was proved wrong.
*hugs my mitsuki dolls*
SoupForInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 04:13   Link #5
Archaic

Personally, I felt that the anime simply did not do the manga justice. Very few of the subplots (Meroko and Izumi's pasts, both together and in their real lives; Oshigure and Wakaouji's past and relationship; etc) were retained, or more than hinted at, and the cop-out over Echii's death (I won't spoil it for those who haven't read the manga, but how it was handled in the manga introduced KimiNozo levels of angst into the series) just ruined it for me. Going into the series, I'd expected it to be a fairly heavy drama, even with the cute look. Instead, I found a series full of filler, that didn't go anywhere near as deep as I would've hoped from such a long episode run.

But then, with the anime playing in the morning over there, and being shown to kids, I guess I shouldn't be surprised it turned out how it did.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 08:20   Link #6
hanyou_gez
Deliriously Purple

Send a message via AIM to hanyou_gez
If I am correct, the animation was actually completed before the ending of the manga.

Which is why a lot of things that happened later in the manga, were never shown in the animation. Also why Echii's death in the animation was very different to the manga's.

I could be wrong, I haven't watched Full Moon wo Sagashite for a long time, and have been following through with the manga as it is scanlated, but I believe that is what happened.
hanyou_gez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 09:07   Link #7
Yxy
chaunen...

personally, I feel that the manga sucks in comparison : too complicated, and the relationships are too contrived.
Of course, the manga does not have any music so there's a heavy bias in favour of the anime there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Personally, I felt that the anime simply did not do the manga justice. Very few of the subplots (Meroko and Izumi's pasts, both together and in their real lives; Oshigure and Wakaouji's past and relationship; etc) were retained, or more than hinted at, and the cop-out over Echii's death (I won't spoil it for those who haven't read the manga, but how it was handled in the manga introduced KimiNozo levels of angst into the series) just ruined it for me. Going into the series, I'd expected it to be a fairly heavy drama, even with the cute look. Instead, I found a series full of filler, that didn't go anywhere near as deep as I would've hoped from such a long episode run.

But then, with the anime playing in the morning over there, and being shown to kids, I guess I shouldn't be surprised it turned out how it did.
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 05:48   Link #8
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanyou_gez
If I am correct, the animation was actually completed before the ending of the manga.

Which is why a lot of things that happened later in the manga, were never shown in the animation. Also why Echii's death in the animation was very different to the manga's.

I could be wrong, I haven't watched Full Moon wo Sagashite for a long time, and have been following through with the manga as it is scanlated, but I believe that is what happened.
Yes, it was. However, IIRC, the manga had already passed chapter 16 by the time we reached Echii's death in the anime, so it'd seem to me that they changed it due to the different target audience in that early morning slot.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 23:38   Link #9
mitszuki
nOOb

i haven't seen fullmoon wo sagashite yet..is it good? if it is i'll get it..i 've heard it and the song's are fabolous!!
mitszuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 23:55   Link #10
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitszuki
i haven't seen fullmoon wo sagashite yet..is it good? if it is i'll get it..i 've heard it and the song's are fabolous!!
The best song is Eternal Snow (Ending #03)
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 00:32   Link #11
Arkzein
Veritas Vincet

Quote:
introduced KimiNozo levels of angst into the series
I'm really not a fan of reading manga on the computer (call me strange but it goes the same for anything writen as well, I'd prefer to have it physically in front of me), but that phrase alone makes me want to make the effort. Full Moon had me in tears so many times while watching it and is happily placed in my top three along with KgNE and Saikano. (even if the ending, as I knew it would be, was a happy one. I'm a sucker for tradgic romance).
Arkzein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 00:45   Link #12
lavalyn

If you start Full Moon wo Sagashite, do yourself a favor, stop after Episode 42. You'll know why when you get there.
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 07:28   Link #13
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavalyn
stop after Episode 42.
Naah, the last 2 episodes are fantastic!

I stopped at about episode 45 or so for months because I was very much afraid the end would be depressing. But then one day I was bored and decided to watch the rest. I was not at all disappointed.

If you make it to ep 42 you should like the end just fine.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 09:42   Link #14
bluemist
i am the mist

Unlike other manga-based series which really keep you hanging with an incomplete ending, Full Moon wo Sagashite managed to completely close everything in the end. Maybe because it didn't follow the original manga story very faithfully. After all, how else can you do 52 episodes with 3-4 volumes of manga?

If you have read the manga, it's too angsty and dramatic (this is SHOUJO manga, mind you). Fruits Basket still had the humor besides it's darkness, but this one really seems very heavy on the senses.

I like the anime better because it is 'less dark', and the music really adds up to the experience. It's up there with the best shoujo anime one can ever see.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 09:44   Link #15
Yxy
chaunen...

I do NOT see why you think so.
The last 10 episodes were the best part of the series, IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavalyn
If you start Full Moon wo Sagashite, do yourself a favor, stop after Episode 42. You'll know why when you get there.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:54   Link #16
Yxy
chaunen...

I agree, but do yourself a favour : do not let your crazy sister (if you have one) put Eternal Snow on ""eternal loop".
Too much of a good thing is bad, especially when you have listened to the same song playing for the #3253252th time in one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
The best song is Eternal Snow (Ending #03)
Old 2004-02-26, 10:45   Link #17
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

I think the best song was the first ending theme "New Future". "Myself" got on my nerves cause they played it too much. "Eternal Snow" was meh in my opinion. The last one "Love Chronicle" was better but not as good as "New Future". As for OP's, "I (Love) U" I liked more than "Rock'N Roll Princess".
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 11:35   Link #18
Yxy
chaunen...

New Future was the perfect finale
I think both OPs sucked, but Mitsuki's weird dancing in the op sequence compelled me to sit through every single opening =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
I think the best song was the first ending theme "New Future". "Myself" got on my nerves cause they played it too much. "Eternal Snow" was meh in my opinion. The last one "Love Chronicle" was better but not as good as "New Future". As for OP's, "I (Love) U" I liked more than "Rock'N Roll Princess".
Old 2004-02-26, 13:08   Link #19
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupForInsanity
This is one of my most favorite anime ever ^-^ It's so sad and happy at the same time, and the story is great. Everytime I thought something would happen a certain way I was proved wrong.
*hugs my mitsuki dolls*
Same for me! It was an unpredictible anime. I had the feeling she wouldn't end up with Eichi-kun, but I didn't expect something as big as his death.. And even when she found out that he died, it was hard to imagine what was going to happen next.. Which is a reason why I loved this series.

I haven't read much of the manga so I can't compare. ^^
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 18:29   Link #20
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxy
New Future was the perfect finale
I think both OPs sucked, but Mitsuki's weird dancing in the op sequence compelled me to sit through every single opening =P
New Future is the only way to end the anime with a happy tone, all the other EDs are quite sad...

But my favorite ED is Myself, most probably because it resembles one of my favorite classical piano pieces, Canon by J. Pachebel.

Aaah, because someone revived discussion about this anime I got the urge to hear those music again, sigh, nostalgia.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, musical