Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-18, 22:26   Link #1
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

It seems that it may soon be time to declare Otaku Jihad on 4kids

It seems that they're going to skip episode 11 of One Piece. As in the episode that is completely needed for the story line and so forth. I guess this leads to the possibility of the whole entire Arlong arc since 4kids/Foxbox has crossed the line and taken a shit upon it when it comes to at least keeping intact the story of One Piece. I so wish these idiots would just give up the liscence. All I can do is just hope that the nielson are insanely low for the Crap Piece and they stop showing it on the Foxbox like what happened to Escaflowne.

If they liscence Naruto, I'm afraid that the very ground will shake as 4kids is bombarded and ravaged by crazed Otakus.
Old 2004-11-19, 01:12   Link #2
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
It seems that they're going to skip episode 11 of One Piece. As in the episode that is completely needed for the story line and so forth.
Where did you hear that they're cutting it entirely? And why just 11, I mean, the rest of the arc isn't any less violent. It would be funny if they did, I've been wondering for a long time how they would handle the part where Usopp gets shot.

Quote:
I guess this leads to the possibility of the whole entire Arlong arc since 4kids/Foxbox has crossed the line and taken a shit upon it when it comes to at least keeping intact the story of One Piece.
Again, they're really going to have to butcher Baratie too. I can't even fathom how they're going to edit Don Krieg's bodily arsenal.
Old 2004-11-19, 01:27   Link #3
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Like I said before... if they even get to Don Creig... they're gonna have to give luffy 3 holes in his body. I love to wait what kind of idiotic way they come up with.
Old 2004-11-19, 02:32   Link #4
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

This is just ridiculous, why not just cut out the whole storyline and only leave the filler episodes? Every arc has some "inappropriate" parts... and they're afraid to even show guns. Even Toonami shows guns. They have guns in DBZ, and people are actually killed by them. Holy crap. There is actual blood. The way they're going with One Piece, I haven't seen any blood yet. A scratch (in episode 7 I believe) was turned into a band-aid. A scratch. What about the slashing, stabbing, shooting, and everything else? They can't keep this up, it'll blow up in their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyes
Like I said before... if they even get to Don Creig... they're gonna have to give luffy 3 holes in his body. I love to wait what kind of idiotic way they come up with.
Band-aids that sprouted out of nowhere or they'll just cut the holes out. Which sounds (and is) very stupid.
Old 2004-11-19, 08:00   Link #5
ragweed
woah woah!

I heard about ep 11 getting cut. I.... have nothing to say. There is no mesurement of my contempt for 4kids. If the dub was an animal, I'd shoot it to put it out of it's misery.
Old 2004-11-19, 10:03   Link #6
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
I heard about ep 11 getting cut. I.... have nothing to say. There is no mesurement of my contempt for 4kids. If the dub was an animal, I'd shoot it to put it out of it's misery.

Honestly it doesn't even matter. We all know One Piece is still being subbed and where to get it. To hell with 4kids.
Old 2004-11-19, 10:53   Link #7
myoga
village idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
To hell with 4kids.
AGREED!!it's bad enogh they got rid of the blood,gore,and good stuff,but cuting out episode 11,that just cut's it. if they get there grubby little hands on naruto, i'll... *try's to think of somthing devius*well,whatever it is,it's going to reflect the crime,BIG TIME.
Old 2004-11-19, 11:03   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Actually, one of the naruto licencing rumors says that Warner Brothers has it and they'll sub licence it to 4kids, or at least partner with them to do it. Either way if WB does get it, naruto is gonna get hacked to death. The thing is, there's so many people in the US who will pay to watch the unicated version of naruto that WB or whoever gets it won't give a darn about us purists who don't want it cut. They honestly couldn't give a rat's *** about us. Just so long as there are plenty of zeros behind those dollar signs. And there usually are.
Old 2004-11-19, 12:21   Link #9
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Actually, one of the naruto licencing rumors says that Warner Brothers has it and they'll sub licence it to 4kids, or at least partner with them to do it. Either way if WB does get it, naruto is gonna get hacked to death. The thing is, there's so many people in the US who will pay to watch the unicated version of naruto that WB or whoever gets it won't give a darn about us purists who don't want it cut. They honestly couldn't give a rat's *** about us. Just so long as there are plenty of zeros behind those dollar signs. And there usually are.
If Naruto is liscensed I would have it liscensed by more intelligent individuals like Funimation since they have done a great job in dubbing Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragonball, and the latest form of perfection Full Metal Alchemist. This would also allow for the chance for the show to be shown on a channel that doesn't think that it needs to edit out a freaking scratch with a bandaid.

It would be impossible to edit the whole entire arlong arc so I'm guessing they'll skip the entire thing like it never happened since it would be hard to deal with situation of murder and so forth that is in this arc. I guess they will make Nami basically a one dimesional character with no real background or past motivation. And thus One Piece becomes Shit Peace with its current form right now being that of Crap Piece.
Old 2004-11-19, 14:23   Link #10
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I'm still curious as to where this information is coming from. It's not like I'd be that surprised if and when it happens, I just want to see the source.
Old 2004-11-19, 17:38   Link #11
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
I'm still curious as to where this information is coming from. It's not like I'd be that surprised if and when it happens, I just want to see the source.
I read about this at some op fan site. Their source was TvTome. Also, read in some post where someone check yahoo's tv guide and saw this saturday ep is " The Bluff and Bluffer" and next saturday would be " The battle at the shore" That sound like ep 11 is really going to be drop.
Old 2004-11-19, 20:26   Link #12
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
It seems that they're going to skip episode 11 of One Piece. As in the episode that is completely needed for the story line and so forth. I guess this leads to the possibility of the whole entire Arlong arc since 4kids/Foxbox has crossed the line and taken a shit upon it when it comes to at least keeping intact the story of One Piece. I so wish these idiots would just give up the liscence. All I can do is just hope that the nielson are insanely low for the Crap Piece and they stop showing it on the Foxbox like what happened to Escaflowne.

If they liscence Naruto, I'm afraid that the very ground will shake as 4kids is bombarded and ravaged by crazed Otakus.
Lets look at it this way. Is 4kids target group those who have already seen one piece? No. It is for kids(hence the name). The only way they can see it is if it's edited and on Fox Box. To put it simply, you and a whole mess of others are acting a bit selfish trying to force them(like it matters) to cater to those who have already seen it or those who can get a hold of it.
Old 2004-11-19, 21:23   Link #13
Love Cook

*laughs and continues watching my pure, uncut, fansubbed One Piece*

Haven't we all abandoned the hope of the dub being any good already? I watch a bit of it if I'm up early enough for a laugh, but I don't think anybody was expecting anything good. Yes, it sucks that it might scare off a few potential OP geeks if they wake up early enough and watch it. But aside from that, we may continue to live in perfect harmony with our precious fansubs, unaffected
Old 2004-11-19, 21:33   Link #14
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Otaku Jihad is my term.

I created it.

Its my copyright.

You'll hear from my lawyer damnit.

If he can make OJ innocent, just imagine what he can do to you!
Old 2004-11-19, 22:56   Link #15
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Lets look at it this way. Is 4kids target group those who have already seen one piece? No. It is for kids(hence the name). The only way they can see it is if it's edited and on Fox Box. To put it simply, you and a whole mess of others are acting a bit selfish trying to force them(like it matters) to cater to those who have already seen it or those who can get a hold of it.
Yeah, except this episode actually matters when it comes to the story. If the episode is completely cut out and made as if it never existed would be alittle sad in the sense that they episode have has some emotional value in that no one believe Usopp's warnings and such. This action would only put a whole in the storyline leaving unsuspecting viewers with a few questions on mind. It's pretty stupid to cut an episode that in itself has such a nice message to it, as in the consequences of lying.

And by the way, for the person who wants to sue for "Otaku Jihad," bring it on. If OJ can get off, so can I for a certain common factor that both him and I share, and I never have killed anyone or ran from the cops by the way.
Old 2004-11-20, 00:15   Link #16
Jn183

Btw, I think 4kids should cut out the ep where all the town people were looking forward to Usopp lying about pirate. Lying to people but people don't mind and find it amusing. So, the message to lil kids would be... it's ok to lie always...
Old 2004-11-20, 01:46   Link #17
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Bullocks. I'm not upset because 4Kids isn't catering to me. I would rather the show be allowed to keep the integrity that the original creator intended then to be butchered so badly that the story and characters are mere shadows of what they were before. It would have been better off in the hands of another company, and it's not like no one else wanted it.
Old 2004-11-20, 04:15   Link #18
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Bullocks. I'm not upset because 4Kids isn't catering to me. I would rather the show be allowed to keep the integrity that the original creator intended then to be butchered so badly that the story and characters are mere shadows of what they were before. It would have been better off in the hands of another company, and it's not like no one else wanted it.
I agree with you here. The way they feel the need to censor every little cut and bruise into a band-aid, they will cut out the most emotional parts of the story, like when
Spoiler:
In the hands of 4kids, the show just isn't what it was originally created to be.
Old 2004-11-20, 04:51   Link #19
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, what did you expect from a less than stellar dubber. Of course, each episode they're gonna screw everything up.
Old 2004-11-20, 10:43   Link #20
chops

SO let's say OJ was to start. Has anyone foud a way to provide feedback to FoxKids? Or do we have to contact our local Fox channel?
Closed Thread