AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-03-26, 12:30   Link #821
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
no, it's on her own instinct, goblin's bleeding blood==filth in her mind.
Is that fact, joke or guess? I can't tell...
Old 2018-03-26, 13:38   Link #822
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Is that really that weird ??? Recounting Priestess experiences with goblin, this is actually pretty normal.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 13:43   Link #823
Tenzen12

I myself would indeed say it is that weird, but my question is genuine. I can't tell what happened until someone clarify it.
Old 2018-03-26, 15:51   Link #824
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Anybody you want to voice Sword Maiden? I am nominating Rie Tanaka. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 16:51   Link #825
Twi

Quote:
I myself would indeed say it is that weird, but my question is genuine. I can't tell what happened until someone clarify it.
I'm going with it being an act of desperation more than anything.
Old 2018-03-28, 06:50   Link #826
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

People now putting Doom music to Goblin Slayer anime PV , I must say , both Doom Slayer and Goblin Slayer have something in common .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 10:27   Link #827
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You think?

Spoiler:
Old 2018-03-28, 11:38   Link #828
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
People now putting Doom music to Goblin Slayer anime PV , I must say , both Doom Slayer and Goblin Slayer have something in common .
I mean, if we're going with the idea that Doomguy (2016) represents the same one from Doom 1, 2 and 64, then they are similar:
- Run of the mill guy at the wrong place at the wrong time
- Swore an eternal crusade against their most hated ennemy
- Absolutely brutal and efficent in their approach
- WIll NOT give up no matter the cost to themselves.
Old 2018-03-28, 15:22   Link #829
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
well, a brief synopsis shown up, the usual declaimer applied (had not read it, only as accurate as the original poster, LAboy of PTT, I won’t be able to answer further details until I have read it myself, etc),

Spoiler for big time spoiler, #7 and gaiden:
Sounds straight as some kind of parody to Doom. Not sure whether it is joke or not.
Old 2018-03-28, 19:01   Link #830
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Sounds straight as some kind of parody to Doom. Not sure whether it is joke or not.
The hero is the person who, iirc, slaughtered her way through a horde of goblins, found a magic sword, and then went on to kill the demon Lord.....on her first quest.

Its a parody.
Old 2018-03-28, 20:41   Link #831
Used Can

Quote:
no, it's on her own instinct, goblin's bleeding blood==filth in her mind.
Now, that's very interesting.

Spoiler for Volume 7:
Old 2018-03-28, 23:06   Link #832
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

No one had mention it but the reason priestess thinks goblin blood as filthy is because gs smear her with it to mask her human smell.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2018-03-29 at 13:43.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 12:18   Link #833
Twi

Yeah, but she said you got used to it later on in the first volume... albeit with empty eyes that spoke of horror....
Old 2018-03-29, 12:48   Link #834
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
the entire GS project are filled with ASCII art parody to TRPG, D&D, etc, with setting heavy references to LOTR, each characters all have some backgrounds from other shows, in novel GS=Batman+Dark Soul, manga does it one better by giving him the look of Shiro of F/S, Lancer is also from F/S, Priestess from DQ, etc. the list just goes on and on. Braver with the look of Haruhi doing the doom reference is not that outrageous when in one of the LE novel cover (the one with priestess in a JK uniform) they parody a Taiwanese LN cover which in turn parody a GS cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for Volume 7:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for Volume 7:
Spoiler:

there is a little more details synopsis in Japanese. I probably don’t have the energy to translate it, if you know Japanese, or even half Japanese with the help of google like me you can read it.
https://ameblo.jp/kamakura-aruki1107...360550908.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
The first books have been released every 4 months. Now they suddenly need almost a year for book 5, and why they need that much time out of nowhere is beyond my guessing, but it still sucks.
there are catching up to Japanese press so they slow down, it is the same (and more obvious) in manga, GS is about 2 books a year.

Quote:
I looked at the book 7 illustrations and I really wonder what is happening in the last picture with GS and HEA.
Somebody had luck or time to find out and can give a gist?
not much, there are only a few HEA parts:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-03-29, 13:55   Link #835
Questman

Thanks Hata for telling. It helps me to put it into perspective, and I like the direction Goblin Slayer (the novel, not the character) is taking.

What HEA says about watching GS until the end is intriguing.
It is a nice example of showing a relationship with someone without turning it into a love confession. HEA finds GS just very interesting without loving him, and I find this more interesting that way (at least that is how I interpret it).

Regarding Light Novel Releases, are you sure they slow it done on purpose because japanese press is slow? Let's say we catch up, why would this be bad?
Stalling Anime I can understand (because manga/novel is used as a source), but why stalling a book?
Well, not important anyway.

Thanks to Hata I can put the Novel to rest for some years and pick it up again in the future. At least I can enjoy the Anime soon where GS can summon lightning for the sake of looking awesome.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 14:06   Link #836
Tenzen12

It's fact huh. OK, I get it.

Anyway about High Elf Archer, I am quite surprised she looks that far ahead. I mean I knew all too well she is wiser then you would guess from her behavior, but deciding watch over guy she don't even consider love interest for whole his life that's some dedication. It shows she really have few thousands years under her belt. Best girl without doubts.
Old 2018-03-29, 21:16   Link #837
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:

Regarding Light Novel Releases, are you sure they slow it done on purpose because japanese press is slow? Let's say we catch up, why would this be bad?
Stalling Anime I can understand (because manga/novel is used as a source), but why stalling a book?
Well, not important anyway.
You can use your common sense to answer your question, I dont know if you're new into reading Light Novel because every veteran readers knows why Yen Press and other translation publishers are stalling the translation. In the 1st place, They have their own schedule to begin with. So it goes for fhe manga too. Everyone who reads manga and LN knows it, Hata is correct
Iroha Isshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 21:57   Link #838
Twi

Being a bit abrasive and broad there.
Old 2018-03-30, 15:18   Link #839
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Being a bit abrasive and broad there.
Do you mean me? It is not my intention. I lack forum experience so my way of writing and posting can be off at times (I try to be careful though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroha Isshiki View Post
You can use your common sense to answer your question, I dont know if you're new into reading Light Novel because every veteran readers knows why Yen Press and other translation publishers are stalling the translation. In the 1st place, They have their own schedule to begin with. So it goes for fhe manga too. Everyone who reads manga and LN knows it, Hata is correct

Well, where do I start?

First, you made a good guess, because I am new. Goblin Slayer is my very first Lightnovel I bought. Before I only read some pages online here and there.

Having said that, my common sense tells me that it makes no sense to stall LN distribution at all.
What schedule? It was one book every 4 months and now it is about 9 months.
What kind of schedule can cause a delay from 4 months to almost a year?

Hata said something about english LN catching up to japanese LN, but why is it bad? I see no disadvantage when english LN and japanese LN have a similar release schedule. Feel free to tell me if you know the answer.

I never said Hata was wrong. I ask for clarification, because I just can't see why catching up is an issue.
Stalling a manga because it is based on a LN and new books have to be written? Makes sense. Pausing Anime because it runs out of manga chapters which are used for creating episodes? Understandable. Postponing a LN release, which is just a translation of the same LN written in an other language, because it catches up with itself? I can't believe that...

LN distribution is a topic I don't really intend to discuss. I mean the release date is set anyway. I appreciate answers but I don't want to derail the thread.

Quote:
Anyway about High Elf Archer, I am quite surprised she looks that far ahead. I mean I knew all too well she is wiser then you would guess from her behavior, but deciding watch over guy she don't even consider love interest for whole his life that's some dedication. It shows she really have few thousands years under her belt. Best girl without doubts.
When you put it that way, it makes me wonder what kind of 'I watch him' she actually means. I thought more about HEA observing GS because he is fascinating to her.

You mean HEA is taking care of him, like Priestess does. It does make sense as well.

Textbook example of one english word (watch in this case) having multiple meanings. Hard to tell without context.

But who knows, HEA might like GS in the future. Anyone remembers the talk about the Fragrant Olives in Volume 3? I interpret it as a hint that 4 girls are (more or less) interested in GS.
But since it was just one line without much explanation, I might see to much.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 16:07   Link #840
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

Having said that, my common sense tells me that it makes no sense to stall LN distribution at all.
What schedule? It was one book every 4 months and now it is about 9 months.
What kind of schedule can cause a delay from 4 months to almost a year

Hata said something about english LN catching up to japanese LN, but why is it bad? I see no disadvantage when english LN and japanese LN have a similar release schedule. Feel free to tell me if you know the answer.

I never said Hata was wrong. I ask for clarification, because I just can't see why catching up is an issue.
Stalling a manga because it is based on a LN and new books have to be written? Makes sense. Pausing Anime because it runs out of manga chapters which are used for creating episodes? Understandable. Postponing a LN release, which is just a translation of the same LN written in an other language, because it catches up with itself? I can't believe that...
First, "just a translation" means more than you think. Not only do they have to check for grammars, they also have to check for inconsistencies with earlier volumes AND idioms/jokes etc and make sure it right. The more volumes released, the more they have to recheck earlier vol to make sure it goes right.

Second, readers interest .they have to gauge the interests the series have and then decide on how many copies would be printed. And more volumes means more diverse reactions so they have to watch and see.

Third, If it catch up means they have no more shit to print. Which is bad because no shit to print means loss of profits, thus stalling a bit and inserting new releases.

Quote:
But who knows, HEA might like GS in the future. Anyone remembers the talk about the Fragrant Olives in Volume 3? I interpret it as a hint that 4 girls are (more or less) interested in GS.
But since it was just one line without much explanation, I might see to much.
All 4 girls have varying degree of interest in GS, but the romantic degree on how you see it. To me, Guild Girl and Cow Girl ties at the highest tier, while Priestess seems quite low with Elf Archer in the middle.

That's just me though.

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?