AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-01, 10:30   Link #21161
orangejuicetang

I was actually curious about that myself, if Frenda was actually a level 0, or a level 4 who just happened to not use her ability.

Might be interesting if it was the latter and zombie Frenda actually uses her esp ability (assuming the latter theory to be true)

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:06   Link #21162
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If you look at past Mugino. She has standards >_> you know oujo-sama standards and stuff. That's why I'm surprised when you guys said that FreNda is level 0.

And you know. Tamni really lacks information on their characters. Other series that I follow and know even has the happy birthday pictures for the pictures or measurement for the girls and that is one of the thing tamni lacks.
For all I know, he can just throw a "everyone is AB gata" thing like Nisio. Well, frankly those kind of things are unnecessary. There's no need to put loads of info unrelated to the plot just for the fans to celebrate their birthday or using their 3 sizes for some I-don't-know-what-thing. Many franchises could live without that, and most of them are masterpiece mind you.

Back to business, since when is Mugino the one to assign the members in ITEM? For all I know, just like with GROUP, it's likely their superior's job to do that.
She have standards? And since when efficiency standards are solely based on an unit's level? Skills are what matters. And especially because it's Mugino -the girl who tried to overuse Takitsubo- she'd never let Frenda not use her esper powers if she had any useful one. And a high level ability that's completely useless is no different from a level 0 so it's highly unlikely she'd accept Frenda for that kind of reason.
Also, it's probably nice for you guys to notice the many hints that Frenda is really not a high level esper, that or she and the people around her are completely nuts and need to be hardly tsukkomi-ed :
1. if she were anything like level 4, that would have been mentioned or referenced by any random dark side guy since then already. There's also GIAD, but at least in her case, it was stated that she had an ability in the first place
2. She wouldn't go thinking "taking down overconfident espers is the best" all around Miko ... that doesn't make sense in so many ways
3. She's pretty damn crazy to hold back using her ability (and not even thinking or making any allusion about it in her mind) under life and death situations, especially when cornered by a super pissed off dengeki girl. And adding to the fact she's enough of a coward to reveal info about her friends while still being afraid of the consequences, it's even weirder -_-
Old 2012-11-01, 11:20   Link #21163
erdii

as long as remember in Railgun manga Frenda used her esper power but ı don't remember its name or function. anyone interested can look there.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:05   Link #21164
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
For all I know, he can just throw a "everyone is AB gata" thing like Nisio. Well, frankly those kind of things are unnecessary. There's no need to put loads of info unrelated to the plot just for the fans to celebrate their birthday or using their 3 sizes for some I-don't-know-what-thing. Many franchises could live without that, and most of them are masterpiece mind you.
you don't get me when I said birthday or 3 darn size. When I mention that I'm pertaining to the character's personal file or information for the character. The information we got from the character is pretty nil to the point the information only that's been given is from the novel. Outside of that. There are no further information be it level or skill or background of the character.

I think if Mugino is the leader of ITEM then she has a say for her members and even if she is not level 4 or a lower level. I still think she is not completely level 0. If she is level 0. She is like a grunt then. The grunt part of ITEM that do the clean up.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:11   Link #21165
desrtsku
Nympholept

Finished re-reading chap 24-30, that's right she does have a lv.4 ability, it's called omnidimensional skirt and I couldn't find anything about that at all. Can you tell in what chapter you read that?
Old 2012-11-01, 12:22   Link #21166
tsunade666

do you meant the chapter in railgun? because I think its not also been mentioned there. I'm not sure where I read it but probably here in the forum though still she never did use any ability yet so far.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:29   Link #21167
desrtsku
Nympholept

Nah sorry I was talking to erdii. I just got ninja-ed by you because I wasted my time trying to write a Frenda Mary Sue and finally gave up half way.

Quote:
you don't get me when I said birthday or 3 darn size. When I mention that I'm pertaining to the character's personal file or information for the character. The information we got from the character is pretty nil to the point the information only that's been given is from the novel. Outside of that. There are no further information be it level or skill or background of the character.
What's the point in giving personal info about completely useless character that died in one volume anyway? (no offence, I like her too after all) If you want to know her background and such things then think about the reasons why Fremea exists and why she was brought back to life = wait for next volume! Then we'll get the full answer. >.>

Quote:
I think if Mugino is the leader of ITEM then she has a say for her members and even if she is not level 4 or a lower level. I still think she is not completely level 0. If she is level 0. She is like a grunt then. The grunt part of ITEM that do the clean up.
There, there ... level 0 or not compared to monsters like the other 3 that doesn't make a difference if that power is useless enough for you to never manifest it. When high level espers looks down on someone they don't only look down on lv.0 or else level upper would be a lv.0 exclusive product. Meaning, she'd be the grunt anyway >.> ... but she's so incredibly damn skilled so why wasting that potential in cleaning? Even Mugino should be aware of that, it's like having a lv.5 looking down on Touma because he's a Lv.0
Old 2012-11-01, 15:37   Link #21168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Back to business, since when is Mugino the one to assign the members in ITEM? For all I know, just like with GROUP, it's likely their superior's job to do that.
Mugino picks and chooses her teammates in the sense that if she doesn't like you, she'll kill you herself and have them pick someone else to replace you.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:32   Link #21169
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I assume this was before Shiage defeated Mugino, right?

Spoiler for The New ITEM:
C'mon, Shiage is obviously the errand boy. This is even loudly pointed in the novels (I think it was in the NT 1 color pages )
Old 2012-11-01, 16:43   Link #21170
leukrota

I don't see why can't Frenda be a level 0.

It's been shown many times that level is not everything. And it's not only for Touma and Hamazura.

Tsuchimikaido is level 0 and part of GROUP. Ok, he does have some esper power, regeneration, but it's so slow it's useless in a fight to the death. He also has magic, but he avoids is as much as possible due to the backlash. Tsuchimikado is a badass on his own without depending on special abilities.

Sugitani isn't even an esper, or a magician. Yet he pwned Accelerator and almost killed him. Accelerator was lucky Sugitani was was stopped by an unexpected fight between magicians.

Kumokawa Seria might not be that great with fighting skills, but with her mind she's probably a force to be reckoned with. Ok, we don't know her esper level, but for all we know she might be level 0 too.

And then there are the Tokiwadai dorm masters... enough said.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:46   Link #21171
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mugino picks and chooses her teammates in the sense that if she doesn't like you, she'll kill you herself and have them pick someone else to replace you.
Of course, and she kills anyone with 'level 0' written on their head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Sugitani isn't even an esper, or a magician. Yet he pwned Accelerator and almost killed him. Accelerator was lucky Sugitani was was stopped by an unexpected fight between magicians.
It didn't happen that way at all, not at all ... or it's my not so up-to-date translated volumes that are wrong again
Old 2012-11-01, 16:58   Link #21172
tsunade666

its hard for me to believe she is a level 0 WITHOUT ABILITY because of Mugino. Well we will learn more about her on next volume.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:01   Link #21173
leukrota

Quote:
It didn't happen that way at all, not at all ... or it's my not so up-to-date translated volumes that are wrong again
Eh, really, that's how I remember it... Let me review it (or read the "new" translation if that's the case)

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL HAD I READ BEFORE, A FANFIC???

Ok, I was clearly wrong, but really... did Misaki modify my memory or something? I swear I read something very different before . (Or maybe I accidentally skipped a part, weird as it may seem...)

... A-Anyway *ahem* Sugitani couldn't beat Accelerator, but he was still a badass.

Last edited by leukrota; 2012-11-01 at 17:11.
Old 2012-11-01, 18:46   Link #21174
jrdragon2006

can u guys please list down the order of the light novels? i just dont know were the side novels fit in.
Old 2012-11-01, 18:51   Link #21175
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdragon2006 View Post
can u guys please list down the order of the light novels? i just dont know were the side novels fit in.
v13 -> SS1 -> v14

v7 -> railgun ss -> v8

Kanzaki ss + Russia ss + SS2 -> Index series
Old 2012-11-01, 19:17   Link #21176
Miraluka
Banned

Railgun SS2 -> Index vol.1
Vol.4-> Kanzaki SS -> Vol.7
Vol.6 -> Railgun SS
Old 2012-11-01, 19:57   Link #21177
Burden

Quote:
If you look at past Mugino. She has standards >_> you know oujo-sama standards and stuff. That's why I'm surprised when you guys said that FreNda is level 0.

And you know. Tamni really lacks information on their characters. Other series that I follow and know even has the happy birthday pictures for the pictures or measurement for the girls and that is one of the thing tamni lacks.
Just because you don't have esper powers don't necessarily mean you're level 0. Some characters have just never gone through the esper curriculum. And to be honest, if she had esper powers, I would think we WOULD have seen it before she died spectacularly.

And, overall, just because Mugino is insane doesn't mean she would discriminate anyone because of "esper level". If Takitsubo was determined to be level 1 by the system, Mugino would still use her exactly because she's still worth using. Frenda died because she outlived her expedience at a bad time (when Mugino went insane).
Old 2012-11-01, 20:01   Link #21178
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
Just because you don't have esper powers don't necessarily mean you're level 0. Some characters have just never gone through the esper curriculum. And to be honest, if she had esper powers, I would think we WOULD have seen it before she died spectacularly.
Actually, we didn't quite see her do anything much before she died its only during Railgun that we got a chance to see her properly in action.
Old 2012-11-01, 20:06   Link #21179
Burden

Quote:
Actually, we didn't quite see her do anything much before she died its only during Railgun that we got a chance to see her properly in action.
Heh... that's true. But, the other three members of ITEM (and Hamazura of course) got plenty of exposition on their powers while Frenda blew her top off. Pun intended.
Old 2012-11-01, 21:26   Link #21180
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
Though it's not exactly foolproof, the fact that Frenda was on the dark side for AC makes it likely that she was an esper, possibly a child error. Fremea at least is almost certain to be since she is a student in AC.
Quote:
Indeed, if anything, we've seen more about her after she died...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen