AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-05, 03:24   Link #1081
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Honestly, Dominion is much better than Magma Chamber.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 07:17   Link #1082
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Honestly, Dominion is much better than Magma Chamber.
Since I have practically no information on either map, I simply won't be commenting...all I know is that Crystal Scar involves capturing buildings and that magma chamber will be headed towards smaller skirmishes via port points. Can't say that's enough to compare two unreleased maps yet.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 09:03   Link #1083
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow , "Dominion better than Magma chamber" , where does it comes from...
Play these maps first & then go back arguing about that...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 10:39   Link #1084
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Magma is/was supposed to be another 5v5 map with the same objectives as summoner's rift (killing opponents nexus).

So maybe what he meant was that a whole new gamemode+new map is better than just a new map for an existing gamemode. Remains to be seen whether Dominion is really going to be a truly fun experience that will pull people our of their rift-comfort-zone.

Kinda sad though that development for magma chamber is on hold, I liked the layout and style.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 21:27   Link #1085
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here is a better sneak peek of Dominion by IGN.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 08:00   Link #1086
killer3000ad

Finally, buffs to Garen, Panth and Nasus.
Old 2011-08-08, 10:10   Link #1087
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Panth spear fixed crit: execution time! HSS gets buffed too, although its damage is nerfed even further...but we'll see. Most happy about Nasus buffs, wonder what they'll do to make him a viable proper jungler, even I take a bit too much time if I am to play it relatively safe in the jungle.

EDIT: About the second dominion vid, starting at LV3 will definitely make an impact for casters...looking at the map, it's a ring with no jungle -creeps-, so the map will be perfect for champs who like to litter (see Shaco/Teemo) and it seems like people with haste will have a great advantage here. Five capture points- one for each champ to defend? Interesting...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-08-08 at 13:46.
Old 2011-08-08, 20:52   Link #1088
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Patch notes released...

I have the feeling they overdid the Pantheon buff. I know he is really weak in his current state but this ? As someone playing squishy champs most of the time I fear for my well-being

Also, I find it strange that Riot didn't change Nasus' lategame like they did with Kayle last patch since she was in a similar position having a weak earlygame but once farmed enough a beast-like lategame. Now he'll have it easier becoming that unstoppable force, expecially with his jungle more viable.

Liking the Morgana buffs, though. Looking forward to play her again.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 21:38   Link #1089
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

12 buffs and only 2 nerfs? Did Riot smoke something?

Pantheon's buff is scary, honestly. I don't know how it will play out, but from the number I smell big trouble coming. It's that feeling when you see Olaf running toward you and your Flash is on cooldown.

Love Garen's buff, though. I'll get him after I get Yorick.
Old 2011-08-09, 01:45   Link #1090
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Patch notes released...

I have the feeling they overdid the Pantheon buff. I know he is really weak in his current state but this ? As someone playing squishy champs most of the time I fear for my well-being

Also, I find it strange that Riot didn't change Nasus' lategame like they did with Kayle last patch since she was in a similar position having a weak earlygame but once farmed enough a beast-like lategame. Now he'll have it easier becoming that unstoppable force, expecially with his jungle more viable.

Liking the Morgana buffs, though. Looking forward to play her again.
I know the numbers jump seem alot but...

Quote:
HSS
-Damage increased to 13/23/33/43/53 from 4/6/8/10/12
-Scaling adjusted to a .6 BONUS Attack Damage ratio from a .2/.25/.3/.35/.4 TOTAL Attack Damage ratio

Spear Shot
-Damage increased to 65/105/145/185/225 from 16/28/40/52/64
-Now scales off of a 1.4 BONUS Attack Damage ratio from a 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6 TOTAL Attack Damage ratio
I think that might balance it out.

EDIT: Epic Skarner pull.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-08-10 at 06:51.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 11:57   Link #1091
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That pull is the definition of EPIC!

Pro question: how do you stop Tryndamere once he gets his full build? Team had CC but he had cleanse and could 2HKO the supports and carries, and 5hko the tough deeps (no true tank in team), and after acing us, he camped outside the fountain and we couldn't make a move until all five were back, at which point he'd regroup with his team...pwned really hard, surrendered eventually
Old 2011-08-12, 12:58   Link #1092
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , i'll say , keep your exhaust till he uses his cleanse for a stun/slow something like that and then use it after 3s , use ignite too , focus , -stun- , instant kill.
But it depends on team compo.

Anyway , i tried Skarner jungle , he can jungle but he's not very good , he's slow and he needs mana. Dunno at top.
Pretty hard to build him good , cuz his ratios are AP except the first Q.. so hybrid offtank.
Will try full AP for fun.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 13:09   Link #1093
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Well , i'll say , keep your exhaust till he uses his cleanse for a stun/slow something like that and then use it after 3s , use ignite too , focus , -stun- , instant kill.
That was the plan, but our death timers differed a lot...tried to lock him in disables with 2 ppl, he killed one even under exhaust , used R once ignite wore off, killed the other one, healed with Q and a few minions, came back...anyways, it was prolly just bad luck to be paired against that team (Soraka/Urgot/Kennen/Yorick/Maokai VS Trynda/Jax/Shen/Brand/Janna).

Didn't buy Skarner, love his earthrune skin though...don't see him much in any kind of game, seems average from the little I've witnessed.
Old 2011-08-12, 15:05   Link #1094
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Pro question: how do you stop Tryndamere once he gets his full build? Team had CC but he had cleanse and could 2HKO the supports and carries, and 5hko the tough deeps (no true tank in team), and after acing us, he camped outside the fountain and we couldn't make a move until all five were back, at which point he'd regroup with his team...pwned really hard, surrendered eventually
His early game is where you can stop him.
Otherwise, you really need a true tank, and at least 1 disable/exhaust.
Old 2011-08-13, 00:40   Link #1095
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, Tryn is currently the hardest carry in the game. If he's that fed and can counter your CCs, you better hope your entire team can start affording Thornmails. That way, he'd have to practically kill himself just to kill 1 tanky deeps, thus forcing him to ult and run away from battle.

This is of course all assuming he's DPS Tryn. The other Tryn, Hybrid, used by some high elo players and popularized by Tinker Goes Pew in normals, is much harder to defend against. But thankfully, he doesn't carry as hard... though still a force to be reckoned with if fed.

As someone has said, it's better for you to prevent him from getting there.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 00:46   Link #1096
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I see, thanks for the advice...I'll know to rage more when people give up early kills Haven't used a thornmail in a reeeally long time, it must have been about 9 months.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:04   Link #1097
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

After many games against the AI in an attempt to get a better feel of the game mechanics, I finally plunged into the void known as PvP and won my first game. Sure brings back memories of DotA back in the days... when playing against the bots was sometimes more challenging than playing against actual humans.

Our side had 2 first-timers in PvP, me as Leona and another as Pantheon. The rest were Corki, Wukong and Kog'maw. The opposing team had 1 first-timer, a Veigar, with Warwick, Kog'maw, Wukong and Sion.

The main deciding factor was that we were more interested in downing the towers than they were. Remember folks, kills alone don't win you the game.

Cheers.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:41   Link #1098
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

The main deciding factor was that we were more interested in downing the towers than they were. Remember folks, kills alone don't win you the game.

Cheers.
I'm always happy when people realize this is the main factor.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:50   Link #1099
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Co-op VS AI has a few advantages over normal players:
1) Most important to newbies, zoning. Ever wonder why that Soraka bot gets a rampage going at 5 mins? It's because her minions kick your ass :P
2) Denying exp. Bots will hunt you down to your turret, and while you lose exp for tower hugging, they're still in range to level up.
3) Lightning reflexes. If you ever play Kassadin @ bots, Annie Bot will drop her RWQ on you before your silence orb reaches her...
4) Map awareness, they see through the fog of war and will gank if given the chance.
5) Fixed items, always full gear @ 30 mins.

Now, player advantages:
1) Coordination, obviously. You'll never see bots counter-jungling unless you're doing drake/baron and they're nearby.
2) Control of the flow. No matter how hard you get pushed by bots, it's nothing compared to the feeling you get when you can't step outside your base because you know that Akali's gonna gank you.
3) Laning. Bots will always overextend, normal players will only last-hit and harass, unless they can get a kill without risking much. Kinda bad since Riot wants this game to be on the active side, but it can't be helped since people find it pro.
4) Flash. Bots never take flash. You'll one day find yourself getting wtfpwned by a team flashing in your face, it's an amazing feeling^^
5) Use of brush. Pretty much 15% of what makes LoL what it is.
6) Making sure the carry is fed

I've had trouble in both playstyles, more often in bot games than normal ones due to matchmaking pairing me up with some LV4 and LV6 summoners, or the trolls that infest co-op VS AI. In most normal games, everyone does whatever they want until we get pushed down by 2 turrets, and then begins the counter-attack...lost 20 bot games and about 220 normal ones. Last normal I went 4/4/25 with Galio, assisted FB in brush, warded, did all the things that eventually lead to an overwhelming 50/26, and out of all the enemies, only Singed built Banshee's, despite their team losing 2 TF to double ult from me and GP.

EDIT: With the new patch, Nasus is supposed to have better jungling potential, but I still can't do it. Any advice on routes, items, runes and masteries?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-08-13 at 03:40.
Old 2011-08-13, 02:48   Link #1100
killer3000ad

New champ teaser, TALON, the Blade's Shadow.

Tags
league of legends, lol