AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 17:16   Link #1461
chaosprophet

I wonder if Laura x Ichika isn't actually part of the most popular one. IS is a show where there isn't much focus on one specific girl, but each volume focus on a different set from the 5 girls (and I believe that number increases later on). And all of them are interested on Ichika and actively trying to get him. In a situation like that, even though there is a main pairing in theory, the more popular pairings tend to reflect the more popular girls, which anime wise seems to be Charlotte and Laura.
Old 2012-05-09, 17:44   Link #1462
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
It still depends on the anime. For one with lots of characters like Hayate no Gotoku!, I'd consider that for Hayate vs. Athena/Hinagiku/Nagi/Ayumu to be all "popular," and we'll have to get to the 5th pairing for the "unpopular" category, like Maria. There's really no crack pairing for Hayate (unlike you count like, Sonia).
Isn't it more like...
"Popular" - A-tan, Hina, Nagi (It's literally a 33-33-33 split among fanbase...)
"Not as Popular" - Ayumu, Izumi, Maria, Ruka?
Others = His harem is only smaller than Touma's so I don't want to count anymore...

Of course, there's always Toaru series where everyone knows that Biribiri is the only "popular" pair and the rest are "unpopular" despite its huge amount of characters...
Old 2012-05-09, 19:30   Link #1463
Eater of All
NOM

Or we can call it a niche pairing. It doesn't imply any repulsion, only low attraction.

If that's too strong a word, prefix with "relatively." If too vague, suffix with "that people don't immediately think of." If that's too long, make it into an acronym, RNPTPDITO.

There, a new term is born!
Old 2012-05-09, 20:06   Link #1464
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So new topic.

SG550 so moe! Discuss.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:16   Link #1465
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Of course, there's always Toaru series where everyone knows that Biribiri is the only "popular" pair and the rest are "unpopular" despite its huge amount of characters...
Only three girls are 'Maidens in love' with him... And yes, I'm not going to count all 9968 other clones.

Unless the term 'Harem' somehow change to mean any girl that speaks to him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Or we can call it a niche pairing. It doesn't imply any repulsion, only low attraction.
Niche sounds good, or uncommon, lesser known... etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
So new topic.

SG550 so moe! Discuss.
Never! This argument of semantics is more interesting !
Old 2012-05-09, 22:10   Link #1466
ion475
にこにこにー

Results are out again...

1. How in the world Homura gets into Tier 1 into first place baffle me. Winning by 500 over Minami, then now only 300 against Fear. Last I check Fear is Tier 6 strength at best...
2. Then you look at Niku and how she destroy Minami by 2700. That's what you call Tier 1 destruction (Although Niku is actually Tier 2 thanks to the split in seeding match b/t her and Kobato).
3. Kanade went over 6000 easily again. But then, her opponent is Kyoko...
4. Mio also went over 6000. But it's an intra-series match so it's not totally out of expectation (Same for Azu-nyan, Biribiri, and Shana in first round - all went over 6000 in an intra-series match)
5. Congrats to the fire sister. It's fairly close but seeing their strength here, all you can ask is "what if" for nomination...
6. Rin defeat Kyou. Her strength rise quite a bit, thanks to Fate/Zero?
7. Then there's Victorique. It'll be a competition b/t her and Homura as to who will lose strength quicker. Winning against Sora by only 800 is never good news.
8. Kurisu win. Any win against Iwasawa is welcome.

As for next round...
1. "New series" Exhibition-wise, I haven't watch either of the series (Nor I doubt I would anytime soon), so random vote for me there
2. "Couple" exhibition-wise, is it even fair for a 2nd tier couple to compete with the main couple? I mean, yes, Misaki is not strong, but her and Usui is still the #1 couple from Maid-sama
3. Watch Niku destroy Fear, and god knows what margin Victorique will get against Kyoko since both are, well, not that strong as suggested
4. And watch Haqua pull out a win against Homuhomu.
5. Kuroneko will get over 6000 votes next round
6. Shiori v. Minami, your typical muddled middle match in Nova...
Old 2012-05-09, 22:28   Link #1467
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Everything is fair for a theme.
Old 2012-05-09, 22:32   Link #1468
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Meh results and any characters I loathe or don't care winning over Iwasawa is not welcome.
Old 2012-05-09, 22:45   Link #1469
hinakatbklyn

Hmmm... don't really see any surprises as to who won against who. As for by how much some challengers won, that may be a different story.

- Kanade and Sena were convincing in their wins, but with the help of Kore wa Zombie, Euu was also convincing in the nova group.
- Nice win for the Araragi Sisters
- Last Order and Shouko with close wins
- Tosaka got a bit stronger with a win over Kyou
- Kobato, Ruri, Nadeko, Charlotte, Matou and Kanade are winning their matches as well. (Let's see if Matou can continue to distance herself from her record last year.

As for Homura seeded at the top, The seeding match among the Preliminary 1 challengers had quite a few challengers from the same series (Sena & Kobato for example). Homura took advantage of not being split.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:06   Link #1470
Team Rocket Elite

Who's idea was it to put Araragi Karen/Araragi Tsukihi against Hirasawa Yui/Hirasawa Ui?

The result of the exhibition match between the Fire Sisters and Hirasawa Sisters is one of the few times a result has made me mad. I'm pissed off that I screwed up so badly in failing to nominate Karen and Tsukihi. Karen only needed a single nomination and I could have been the one to give it to her. I'm sure I could have convinced someone else to nominate Tsukihi with me to get the two nominate she needed. In the end I didn't. I was hoping they wouldn't be too strong so my error wouldn't mean that much but it seems like they could have been Top 16 material. That's why the result has me platinum mad.

Looking at the other results I have no idea what to make of Eucliwood beating Riko worse than she beat Gasai Yuno. She did a fair bit better as well. Riko's Round 1 match was with Aria so there's no usable data there. However, Riko was supposed to be much stronger than Yuno. If Yuno was stonger, Yui wouldn't have flattened her so badly. I wonder if something happened recently in Kore wa Zombie that caused Eucliwood to jump in strength.

Kirishima Shouko ends up nearly losing to Himeji Mizuki. I expected Shouko to be a fair bit stronger than Mizuki. She's always looked that way in past matches. I wonder if there's some wierd same series thing going on here.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:25   Link #1471
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Damn you PRC!

There must be something the people of the PRC find completely "anti-moe" about my Holo.
Can someone who is Chinese PLEASE explain to me why as a whole y'all can't find my Holo moe?... not that you would change my mind.

I just want to know how your minds work.

*sigh*

Other than that, I'm not torn about many other races... just frustrated that Kanade keeps rolling over opponents.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:34   Link #1472
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well I am happy to see the Fire Sisters win their match, and a chance to vote for Marika and Chiaki makes me quite happy . Though rest of the results pretty mixed seeing Illyasviel rising after falling out last year is the worst though .
MAL
Old 2012-05-09, 23:57   Link #1473
HasuMasu
*Artist

Nice one, comrades.

Too bad Ichika lost, he would've done better with Charlotte.
Old 2012-05-10, 00:16   Link #1474
broken270
Defying gravity

Fire Sisters won. That was all that mattered.

For the next Exhibition matches, Usui and Misaki is a very popular pairing, so they should have an easy time beating Yuusaku and Sumire. I'm sure Usui and Misaki can defeat Yuusaku and Sumire respectively in singles matches, so a tag team may prove brutal. The other one, I am not watching Mōretsu Pirates or Upotte!! anytime soon, so someone needs to persuade me to vote for a certain side; otherwise, I am just going to flip a coin.
Old 2012-05-10, 00:47   Link #1475
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Fire Sisters won. That was all that mattered.

The other one, I am not watching Mōretsu Pirates or Upotte!! anytime soon, so someone needs to persuade me to vote for a certain side; otherwise, I am just going to flip a coin.
Chiaki is basically the space pirate version of Kuroneko(Hanazawa Kana uses a similar voice for her even), also she just awesome and laser gun > rifles see this image:

While Marika's appeal is a bit harder to describe without seeing the series .

Also are the exhibition matches going to keep being 1 girl duo match and 1 MC + girl match every round?
MAL
Old 2012-05-10, 01:23   Link #1476
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also are the exhibition matches going to keep being 1 girl duo match and 1 MC + girl match every round?
Why? Want a Male Duo match? perhaps BL vs yaoi match ?
Old 2012-05-10, 01:28   Link #1477
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ What's the difference?
Old 2012-05-10, 01:32   Link #1478
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ What's the difference?
I'm sure some fangirls can explain to us the difference between BL and Yaoi to us better than I.
Old 2012-05-10, 01:32   Link #1479
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Why? Want a Male Duo match? perhaps BL vs yaoi match ?
Not really, just simple curiosity; aside from the fact that it would make it difficult for a trap character like Hideyoshi or Hastur to be in it .
MAL
Old 2012-05-10, 01:34   Link #1480
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Damn you PRC!

There must be something the people of the PRC find completely "anti-moe" about my Holo.
Can someone who is Chinese PLEASE explain to me why as a whole y'all can't find my Holo moe?... not that you would change my mind.

I just want to know how your minds work.

*sigh*

Other than that, I'm not torn about many other races... just frustrated that Kanade keeps rolling over opponents.
Spices n' Wolf as a whole is just a really old show, and not exactly action oriented either. Even I find it a bit boring (I never even finished the 1st season), although it probably because I was expecting more merchant stuff in it (I do like Holo quite a lot even from what I see, though - there're only about five characters I'd vote over Holo this year in Stella).
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament