AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-04, 19:14   Link #81
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
New chapter...

I really don't get it. There's plenty of ways the reincarnation god can bribe or threaten to get what he wants, and instead he gives them the truth, making them sympathetic to his "enemy." He even gives them new cheats before sending them on their way. Most incompetent villain ever.
While he is incompetent, it's mostly because he still doesn't feel all that threatened. He's a god, Vandalieu isn't (he kind of is, really), and he manages several worlds so Lambda isn't essential to him.
Besides, one of the two new 'angels' had the amazing ability to see through lies and the other one relied on accurate information to calculate results, and their abilities seemed to be working fine in spirit form.

Lying to them would not only get seen through by one, it would have the other one calculate false results. Not to mention as he said in the chapter, if he treats them badly and they find out, there was a chance they would side with Vandalieu which he at least wanted to avoid if he couldn't pit them against Vandalieu. Which he did manage to avoid that possibility...probably.
If they actually were set on fighting Vandalieu, their abilities would probably be pretty useful in an indirect battle sense. It's just they would have to gather forces with their abilities, which runs a chance of them being found out by Alda if they do the Kanata-style of reincarnation (and even if they start off as a baby, them knowing so much about Vandalieu without ever having met him would be suspicious as hell, not to mention with a severe late start), only complicating things greatly and possibly being completely counter-productive depending on what actions Alda takes toward the reincarnated.

His second best option would probably be just reincarnate them normally like planned, but nonchalantly give them anti-Vandalieu abilities like he did with Kanata and hope for the best. It would probably naturally pit them against Vandalieu eventually.
The best option being gaining Alda's support so he doesn't have to be so secret about it.
Otherwise he's kind of more or less screwed up all his actual good options due to his previous actions.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 00:39   Link #82
bludvein

The vampires probably won't be a problem for a while since they practically self-destructed. I hope after the new reincarnations show up that it will be time for another short time skip. No point packing everything into the 8-year old arc.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 00:52   Link #83
sasuke706

Yeah, turning all your vampire minions into undead when undead are generally mindless and much weaker than when they were alive seems like a great trade off for absolute loyalty (not).
Not to mention Vandalieu will just charm them all when he gets inside a like 1000 meter radius, so it's hilariously pointless.

I believe the author did say somewhere he crammed too much stuff into the 7-year-old arc, so time should go by faster in this 'expedition' arc.
Old 2016-05-09, 20:36   Link #84
bludvein

It seems like only a matter of time before Vandalieu tries to operate on himself. Maybe give himself the petrochemical eye he got off Teneshia? He still has that I think.

Oh, and I just looked back and the stat correction from his latest job is really amazing. I can see why it's in the same line as the hero-certificate job. His skills are still a little short, but his stats jumped from okay to maybe A-rank just as a bonus. Not bad for what seemed like solely a support job. Still far short of Heinz though.

Last edited by bludvein; 2016-05-09 at 21:13.
Old 2016-05-09, 21:27   Link #85
sasuke706

He already transplanted the petrification eye onto Belmont, since she was short an eye to start with. He did it offscreen right after he returned from the Purebreed fight.
The vampire lady's corpse doesn't regrow them either so it's a onetime deal kind of thing. Though she does regrow literally everything else and has become a living? organ donor for any and every organ. And flesh. And bone.
I don't think he'll operate on himself, since he can already grow spiritual arms, bodies, heads and make them temporarily real. So if he wants to have 10 arms one day, then sure, why not.

His hero certification job also seems to be the advanced version of his Death Mage class since his Death Magic has finally been getting some levels due to it.

I also like how Vandalieu's turned like completely into Cthulhu mythos stuff. He's not evil, not good, just really, really different.
Turning his vampire harem members from Noble Vampires to Abyssal Vampires with no idea what change that will occur was great, and having a skill that's outright called "Abyss" with the skill description being basically 'you're what gazes back at people when they gaze into the abyss' was also really nice. In a Cthulhu way.
Old 2016-05-09, 22:07   Link #86
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
He already transplanted the petrification eye onto Belmont, since she was short an eye to start with. He did it offscreen right after he returned from the Purebreed fight.
The vampire lady's corpse doesn't regrow them either so it's a onetime deal kind of thing. Though she does regrow literally everything else and has become a living? organ donor for any and every organ. And flesh. And bone.
I don't think he'll operate on himself, since he can already grow spiritual arms, bodies, heads and make them temporarily real. So if he wants to have 10 arms one day, then sure, why not.

His hero certification job also seems to be the advanced version of his Death Mage class since his Death Magic has finally been getting some levels due to it.

I also like how Vandalieu's turned like completely into Cthulhu mythos stuff. He's not evil, not good, just really, really different.
Turning his vampire harem members from Noble Vampires to Abyssal Vampires with no idea what change that will occur was great, and having a skill that's outright called "Abyss" with the skill description being basically 'you're what gazes back at people when they gaze into the abyss' was also really nice. In a Cthulhu way.
I wasn't talking about getting extra limbs, but he can basically take skills and stats from monsters and give himself them even if his race can't even learn it normally. That's something his spiritual body simply can't do. He could also possibly change his race enough to qualify as more monster and double benefit from monster evolution. He doesn't even need to change his outer appearance.

At the very least, he's going to have to transplant any future maou body parts he finds. I doubt they will be so conveniently used as the blood and horns.
Old 2016-05-09, 22:18   Link #87
sasuke706

Oh, skill stealing ala make yourself into Frankenstein. I could kind of see Vandalieu doing that, but I could also see his mother being against it.
He generally respects his mother's opinion...generally.

The other parts actually will be probably be just as convenient. He's eventually going to get the "Demon Lord User" job and going by his bug user job and tree user job, it'll make using them extraordinarily easy with probably no physical change aside from when actively using them. There might be some changes if he gets more before that job, though.
Hell, he might even get a detect demon lord part radar with it and assemble all the dragon balls demon lord parts with it.
He still has the Archenemy job too, whatever the hell that will do. I imagine it'll increase his Slay God skill but no idea about anything else.
Old 2016-05-13, 04:35   Link #88
sunsown

About the Maou's horn that Vandalieu has, the way I understood is that it can be produced in large numbers which then was used to make armor and stuff. If some broken / full armor from a dead soldier is recovered by the enemy cant they use it as well?

The God Nine Lord (I think I got her translated name wrong) who was a part time worker in a shop in Japan should have realized that Kanata was a reincarnated person right? I wonder if she didn't hear his name conveniently from her subordinate God who is enjoying events that are occurring in Lambda.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 05:05   Link #89
sasuke706

They could probably use it? The thing is it just wouldn't be reforgeable and all of Tarosheim's gear is custom made because the blacksmith is a stubborn guy who refuses to use any quick and easy methods.
As far as I know the horn hasn't been used to make any armor yet, but it was used in Borque's giant sword and I believe Vandalieu's blood potions.
The main armor and stuff they use is made out of Hell Copper, and the weapons generally being Death Iron. The interesting thing about this metal is only people affected by Vandalieu's Charm Death can forge it or even if they aren't a blacksmith, just stick it back together since it's a kind of memory-shape alloy.
So even if enemies pick them up, they can use them, but they wouldn't be very effective against Vandalieu's forces due to water on water kind of deal, would eventually break and be unrepairable, and mostly aren't forged for human bodies so far (since humans are a minority in Tarosheim, instead there being orcs, giants, goblins, etc).
But his two metals are very good and hard ones otherwise. I believe the ranking so far goes Orichalcum > Demon Lord Horn > Adamantite > Death Iron/Hell Copper in the rankings, so it's not bad at all.
The Demon Lord Horn itself is also softened using Demon Lord Blood if I recall, so they have even less of a chance of reforging that stuff.
And for horn-specific gear, it is kind of regarded as a curse and religious icon of hatred, so I doubt anyone would willingly try to use it knowing what it is.

The Kanata thing was iffy. I believe she wasn't told about him because she was busy managing wind or some shit, and even if she did his named was pulled off as a coincidental thing.
Just like how names like "Mario" and "Maria" exist in both the west and Japan, his name conveniently meant highway or something.
Old 2016-05-13, 05:42   Link #90
sunsown

Oh I totally forgot about death iron. It's also convenient that his enemies can't use it. And the Demon Lord's horn not used by people due to it seen as a hated item also explains why it might not be used by Vandalieu's enemies.
Old 2016-05-20, 17:11   Link #91
cabman11

Quote:
サウロン
I'm reading this correctly right? It's going to be what I think it is?
Old 2016-05-20, 17:19   Link #92
sasuke706

Come now, the place is nothing like Mordor.
They've been in the territory for a few chapters now and all we've seen are rebels, military occupation, and a bunch of airhead scyllas.
Especially the airheaded scyllas.
Old 2016-05-22, 06:27   Link #93
sasuke706

Mentioned in the Kanna thread but it's kinda important to mention here too.
Looks like it's getting published. Not surprised since this one has had the feel that it could easily get published for a while now.
Old 2016-05-22, 08:01   Link #94
sunsown

Great! Looking forward to the illustrations.

Looks like resistance people are going to come to Scylla's village in the next chapter. Wonder if both the resistance and Scylla will move to Tarosheim.

A fight with the standby army will be there. Wonder what effect the revelation that Olivia's lover killed her has on her. Will she transform into a new species or will she just forgive him after he is killed in his spirit form and both will go to the reincarnation cycle.
Old 2016-05-22, 08:06   Link #95
sasuke706

My bet's that Olivia will become like Princess Levia and become a Water Ghost, so that Vandalieu can do water shit along with his fire shit with his Ghost Magic thing.
The other Scylla ghosts killed by him might join as well, since the author likes adding things like that in bulk. For example, how there's actually many fire ghosts in Tarosheim, just Levia being the singular representation of them.
Old 2016-05-22, 08:37   Link #96
sunsown

Yeah that would be awesome. Scylla princess will also be added to his harem.
Old 2016-05-22, 13:01   Link #97
cabman11

Who makes Elemental spirits of each attributes who work with gods when you can have ghosts instead
Old 2016-05-25, 21:00   Link #98
bludvein

New chapter and full tilt towards Cthulhu territory. At least we kind of know what Abyss does now, although it's a bit awkward to use. It seems the author is using the Nietzsche quote a bit more literally than I thought.
Old 2016-05-25, 21:59   Link #99
cabman11

邪神悪神

Can someone help me tell the two of them apart? Is it evil God and false god? Evil God and demon god?
Old 2016-05-25, 22:13   Link #100
sasuke706

Is there even a difference? They both just mean evil god.
Every time one of the terms are used, it's often used together with the other one.
I don't really notice a pattern with them either. Like when he was listing off gods who can help him make human parts for a homunculus, the two terms were mixed with the gods listed off.
Vida also had both kinds siding with her.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist