AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-12, 17:13   Link #2161
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Feel free to post whatever you find interesting. People do enjoy a good fan-made cinema.
Old 2012-02-12, 17:57   Link #2162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I can't decide if I want to use the Steam mod conduit... I'm doing pretty well with the Nexus site though they're getting a bit pissy about what they consider "acceptable mods". OTOH... they seem to be having more and more trouble with their server being unable to handle all the web page hits.
Old 2012-02-12, 18:16   Link #2163
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yeah, I can't decide who annoys me more - Imperials or Stormcloaks, so I resolved it by race or attitudes of the character:
1) Nords - Stormcloak by default...
2) Imperial - well... she's a mage who could care less other than she's got a problem with Thalmor, neutral.
3) Dark Elf - well, her goal is to massacre all the humans in any Nord town that gave her a hard time about being a dark elf soooooooo... Stormcloaks are not her buddies.

So basically I design the character and that drives how they deal with the war.
I have a high elf character... I'd have liked to join the Thalmor, because, why not?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 18:49   Link #2164
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I have a high elf character... I'd have liked to join the Thalmor, because, why not?
Exactly.... the high elf NPC negative comments about the Thalmor in Skyrim don't really scan well. Becoming a Thalmor agent should be an option
Old 2012-02-12, 19:27   Link #2165
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quote:
Exactly.... the high elf NPC negative comments about the Thalmor in Skyrim don't really scan well. Becoming a Thalmor agent should be an option
It is obvious the Thalmor are intentionally kept vague in order to keep creative freedom to expand them for the next full game. They are only in Skyrim to set the scene for the future; I am not sure they would even be available for expansion, more like for TES VI.
Old 2012-02-12, 19:32   Link #2166
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

A DLC expansion for Skyrim would certainly be interesting. Or maybe they are going to create another Elder Scrolls game with the Thalmor being a big hit.
Old 2012-02-12, 20:04   Link #2167
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
A DLC expansion for Skyrim would certainly be interesting. Or maybe they are going to create another Elder Scrolls game with the Thalmor being a big hit.
There will BE an expansion for Skyrim, that is a certainty. No one questions this, least of all Bethesda. But the Thalmor is too juicy a topic for only an expansion.
Old 2012-02-13, 00:33   Link #2168
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There will BE an expansion for Skyrim, that is a certainty. No one questions this, least of all Bethesda. But the Thalmor is too juicy a topic for only an expansion.
how you know it wont be a HUGE expansion? :O
Old 2012-02-13, 01:24   Link #2169
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
how you know it wont be a HUGE expansion? :O
Because the story on the Elves would likely involve a different territory, closer to Elven heartland.

There would be some new Thalmor showing up in an expansion that's for sure. But as far as concluding that story arc, we would need a new hero for it.
Old 2012-02-13, 07:55   Link #2170
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

and who said that said expansion won't involve another land? They have the power, so who knows!
Old 2012-02-13, 10:59   Link #2171
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The sequels for the Elder Scrolls series has always involved a new land. Unless the Elven homeland is incredibly small in comparison, then we will just have to wait for another sequel.
Old 2012-02-13, 11:17   Link #2172
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You know... every time I used the wooden mask in the shrine at Labyrinthian, I really wished i could walk out that door and see the Skyrim of old. So they could use this too.
Old 2012-02-13, 11:42   Link #2173
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, once they've run out of regions/provinces to explore, Bethesda could always move on to Akavir, the other big continent on Nirn (Atmora, Ysgramor's birthplace, has become a barren wasteland hostile to human presence, if I'm not mistaken).

Granted, the couple books and reports I read (meaning: collected) around in-game state that the place is abnormal with otherworldly/highly irregular weather patterns and inhabited by inhuman and overpowered races (a combination that proved tragic for one of the Emperors during the doomed campaign on Akavir), but it's always a start.

I mean, wouldn't it be interesting to see the reputedly unstoppable Tsaesci or the elusive Snow Demons take the Thalmor supremacists down a peg?

Or Bethesda could put a WoW Cataclysm and completely reshape a region we've already explored in an earlier game/expansion and fill it with new places and ruins of familiar locations... Yeah, I know, it's unlikely, but it's still possible.
Old 2012-02-13, 12:48   Link #2174
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I cobbled together a set of console commands to make Camilla (the young lady unhappily stuck at the trading post at Riverwood) a follower of my Nord warrior. The hardest part was just getting the console focus on her --- I kept making good friends with the cooking pot and the broom

Essentially she ran away to go adventuring with him. I gave her rogue attributes with a bit of healing magic. It is working pretty well other than the problem that she keeps thanking him for recovering the claw. In combat, I get the target's attention and then she shish-kabobs their kidneys.

I'll probably have him marry her at some point unless another follower catches his eye. (Alva the vampire is a contender)

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-02-14 at 19:22.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 19:19   Link #2175
DuoRanger
Banned

Finally it's released the full armor set
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6348
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 20:03   Link #2176
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My dark elf assassin (Glycerin) got so tired of Rolff the Racist in Windhelm, my dark elf asassin set him to non-essential, hunted him down and slaughtered him. Then she slaughtered most of the Windhelm guards for the heck of it and threw them off the bridge.

Then she got a letter from Ulfric sympathizing her loss of Rolff and giving her 100 septims out of his estate (government ineptitude for the win). She spent it on the dark elves.

She'll probably make a habit of wreaking havoc in the city for a while when she passes by.
Old 2012-02-14, 21:15   Link #2177
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
My dark elf assassin (Glycerin) got so tired of Rolff the Racist in Windhelm, my dark elf asassin set him to non-essential, hunted him down and slaughtered him. Then she slaughtered most of the Windhelm guards for the heck of it and threw them off the bridge.

Then she got a letter from Ulfric sympathizing her loss of Rolff and giving her 100 septims out of his estate (government ineptitude for the win). She spent it on the dark elves.

She'll probably make a habit of wreaking havoc in the city for a while when she passes by.
Roleplaying is priceless
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 22:07   Link #2178
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Rather than plague the thread with images, here's links to my AS albums of -

Glycerin (dark elf assassin): http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3589

Snow (small albino imperial destruction mage): http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3588

Drake (sword/board nord, experimenting with follower mods): http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3590

Captions in mouseover...
Old 2012-02-14, 22:37   Link #2179
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I never did much roleplaying...probably because I was usually the GM.
Old 2012-02-14, 23:13   Link #2180
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Come now.. didn't you have NPCs you had to act out?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim