Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-26, 12:56   Link #22181
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It might seem ridiculous, but that's the benefit of science vs religion, sets aside any preconceptions about what is right or wrong and investigates all possibilities, revising whenever necessary its past assumptions
Old 2012-06-26, 13:02   Link #22182
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I hope they end up taking the Flying Spaghetti Monster seriously too. Though I think the next on the list is vampires...
Vampires are (conceptually) part of evolution, since they once were merely humans and became better than them. Also, since vampires feed on humans they are somewhat an example of carnivores that evolved from vegetarians.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:43   Link #22183
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Vampires are (conceptually) Also, since vampires feed on humans they are somewhat an example of carnivores that evolved from vegetarians.
You mean evolved from omnivorous right?
Old 2012-06-26, 14:35   Link #22184
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning_Wing View Post
You mean evolved from omnivorous right?
Our hominid ancestors ate mostly fruits, albeit small pieces of meat were part of the menu know and then, it was until the neanderthal and the homo sapiens that meat became the main dish.

i.e. Gorillas diet is mostly fruit, but I have read they can eat meat.
Old 2012-06-26, 14:41   Link #22185
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Yes yes yes, but when will they acknowledge lolis?

Endless "When?" Soul
Old 2012-06-26, 15:31   Link #22186
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Vampires are (conceptually) part of evolution, since they once were merely humans and became better than them. Also, since vampires feed on humans they are somewhat an example of carnivores that evolved from vegetarians.
That's not evolution as described by Darwin, so it's good.
Old 2012-06-26, 15:45   Link #22187
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I hope they end up taking the Flying Spaghetti Monster seriously too. Though I think the next on the list is vampires...
Of course they will eventually. Everyone will inevitably understand the grace of His Noodliness.
Old 2012-06-26, 18:27   Link #22188
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Of course they will eventually. Everyone will inevitably understand the grace of His Noodliness.
Heresy!!! We all know Nyaruko rules all >_<
Old 2012-06-26, 20:23   Link #22189
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I'm sure their version of vampires will sparkle in the sunlight.

Old 2012-06-26, 20:26   Link #22190
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Heresy!!! We all know Nyaruko rules all >_<
The lord FSM has balls. BALLS OF MEAT.

Your argument is invalidated.
Old 2012-06-26, 20:58   Link #22191
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Speaking of religious group:
Christian group backs away from ex-gay therapy
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-26-18-10-12
Old 2012-06-26, 21:36   Link #22192
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The lord FSM has balls. BALLS OF MEAT.
So, can such paltry balls of meat compare with this?

Forgive me Nyaruko, but burning the eyes of the infidels is the only fit punishement they deserve! >_<
Old 2012-06-26, 22:24   Link #22193
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Given the number of sensitivities involved, this is about the closest you'd get to a stinging indictment of religion in Singapore. The story is huge, making the headlines in all newspapers here and catching the attention of several news wires too, as it well should: the lessons are applicable to all, regardless of where in the world you are.

Founder of City Harvest Church arrested for alleged misuse of S$23m

Quote:
Singapore (June 26, Tue): Five members of City Harvest Church (CHC), including its founder, Pastor Kong Hee, have been arrested for alleged criminal breach of trust and falsification of accounts of the church.

The other four members are Tan Ye Peng, Lam Leng Hung, Chew Eng Han and Sharon Tan.

The five were questioned by the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) today and will be charged in court tomorrow (June 27).

The Commissioner of Charities (COC) began its inquiry into the charity on the same day under the Charities Act over alleged misconduct and mismanagement of the building fund which had been raised and earmarked for specific purposes.

The COC said financial irregularities of at least S$23 million (US$18 million) from the charity's funds had been discovered. These funds were used with the purported intention to finance the music career of Ho Yeow Sun, who is Pastor Kong's wife and a co-founder of the church.

The COC found that there was a concerted effort to conceal this movement of funds from the charity's stakeholders, saying it is concerned about the misconduct and mismanagement in the administration of the charity.

With the consent of the Attorney-General, the COC has suspended eight people, including the five arrested today, from the exercise of their office or employment as governing board members.

The other three are Ho Yeow Sun, Kelvin Teo Meng How and Tan Su Pheng Jacqueline.

All eight have been suspended from their executive memberships in the charity with immediate effect.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean has stressed that the charges filed by CAD are against the five individuals from the City Harvest Church regarding the use of church funds.

He said the charges are not filed against CHC itself and the church is free to continue its church services and activities.

CHANNEL NEWS ASIA
As you can imagine, the flame wars have already begun in all Singapore online forums.

Some background info: City Harvest Church is one of the biggest non-denominational megachurches in Singapore. It has been no stranger to controversy, having made many, both Christian and non-Christian, uncomfortable with its version of the so-called "Prosperity Gospel", the idea that "God blesses those God favours most with material wealth".

The problem, as I see it, is the tacit ban on all media coverage of anything remotely critical about religion in Singapore. It's one of the top taboo subjects here, which include discussions about race and language. When you can't openly criticise something that's clearly fishy, things like these will eventually happen, I feel.
Old 2012-06-26, 23:23   Link #22194
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

What's up with the dock worker strikes in South Korea?

Our company halted shipping out, it's holding up my work.
Old 2012-06-26, 23:37   Link #22195
Sumeragi
Banned

It's not the dock workers striking, it's the truckers who are striking.
Old 2012-06-26, 23:45   Link #22196
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Either way, it's getting in the way of my work... get those slavers new whips!

Old 2012-06-26, 23:49   Link #22197
Sumeragi
Banned

The strike is collapsing anyway.

By the way, what is it that you do?
Old 2012-06-27, 00:01   Link #22198
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I move questionable objects for questionable people in questionable method.
Old 2012-06-27, 01:10   Link #22199
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is very questionable.
Old 2012-06-27, 01:41   Link #22200
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Given the number of sensitivities involved, this is about the closest you'd get to a stinging indictment of religion in Singapore. The story is huge, making the headlines in all newspapers here and catching the attention of several news wires too, as it well should: the lessons are applicable to all, regardless of where in the world you are.

Founder of City Harvest Church arrested for alleged misuse of S$23m

As you can imagine, the flame wars have already begun in all Singapore online forums.

Some background info: City Harvest Church is one of the biggest non-denominational megachurches in Singapore. It has been no stranger to controversy, having made many, both Christian and non-Christian, uncomfortable with its version of the so-called "Prosperity Gospel", the idea that "God blesses those God favours most with material wealth".

The problem, as I see it, is the tacit ban on all media coverage of anything remotely critical about religion in Singapore. It's one of the top taboo subjects here, which include discussions about race and language. When you can't openly criticise something that's clearly fishy, things like these will eventually happen, I feel.
The Americans can do it, so why can't we?

We also gave banks to men to rob the world and their fellow citizens.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international