AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 20:58   Link #1781
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I'm actually going for Anzu's route first. I just like her so much!

Would you mind telling me how Hikaru's route ends?
To be honest I thought it was going to have a not so happy ending considering my experiences from others Unisonshift games like Nanatsuiro Drops where 'something' has to happen for everything to return to normal but, it did have a happy ending. They become lovers and after some really shocking events and stuf they get the happy ending I really hoped for

Was that fine or you want something with a bit more of spoilers? Considering the events on Hikaru's route it would be better to play Anzu's after reading Hikaru's and Nagi's. Well, that's just me.

Last edited by johnishida; 2008-01-05 at 08:30.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:28   Link #1782
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

So you would say that Peace@Pieces has a worthwhile story? Interested in it because of the Noizi Ito art, but I don't love her quite enough to make my way through a halfheartedly-written game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
Moving now onto Liar Soft’s Sekien no Inganock.
V. interested in discussing this one... if only to find out whether or not I understood the backstory properly before it fades from memory. Seriously, though, it's gotten me thinking about delving into other Liarsoft games, although I don't know if they'll be similar. Might just start looking for something by the same scenario writer.

Almost done with Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori. Still hung up on Yuuhi, haha (I put off her route as long as I could). I would have stopped after Asahi's route if not for the damn epilogue... now I just feel like I'm wading through a swamp to get there. I guess that's kind of an unfair impression to leave, because I quite liked Aoba and Minami's routes; they didn't feel enormously special or outstanding, but I enjoyed them. Asahi's end was--well, not quite to my tastes, I guess.

I just feel like they could have done more with the premise (not necessarily in the Infinite Ryvius sense, either) and still made the game shorter. The CGs are stunning. The music is kind of crap, which is unfortunate; I get the sense that this is a game that needed a lot more atmosphere, but it never really evoked that for me except in some isolated scenes. The protagonist has a sort of black hole feeling to him.

I don't think it's a terrible game by any means, but I was expecting quite a bit more, with the positive stuff that's been said about the scenario writer. All of the good things about it--good themes, good characters, good art--seem to slip by each other without ever 100% synchronizing.

Guess I'll see how the after story is. Just gotta finish Yuuhi first...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 08:46   Link #1783
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
So you would say that Peace@Pieces has a worthwhile story? Interested in it because of the Noizi Ito art, but I don't love her quite enough to make my way through a halfheartedly-written game.
Yes, I would say. I have only played Hikaru's route but, her's alone is good enough. I got hooked with it and keep reading and reading non-stop until I finished it.

Now onto Nagi's and Anzu's route where I'm sure the questions not answered in Hikaru's will get their respective answers.

--------------

Also, I finished playing Ashita No Sekai Yori and I was just like you are right now. It was a pain to go through Yuhi's route. I really liked both Aoba's and Minami's but, for some reason Yuhi's felt annoying... Asahi's was ok.

And the epilogue... Expected something different but, it was ok.

Overall, the game was fine but, I was expecting something different. If they had showed more of the Dark side of every character things would have gone much better.
Old 2008-01-05, 10:30   Link #1784
mt-i

Very interesting topic, thanks to all contributors.

So I resolved to get RUNE's Musume Shimai for the fetish aspect, and since I'd rather pick at least two titles at a time from Himeya due to the steep shipping price, I was wondering if you had any suggestion of another recent ADV title that is less of a nukige and more story-oriented, in the soft, heart-warming style. Non-consensuality is a definite turn-off, and kyonyuu is as well. It doesn't have to be loli per se, but youthfulness is certainly appreciated.

Kissy kissy ~watashi no tamago~, mentioned earlier in this thread, looks cute enough. Fair Child seems to be a nice title as well. Any comment on how good they are story-wise?

Thanks a lot.
mt-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:37   Link #1785
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

My fave at the moment is Erogos' In Series. I don't really care about story in my ero-games though, so yeah. (not like I can understand moonspeak anyways, though it's actual story is pretty easy to figure out)
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 00:48   Link #1786
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

I just finished the Majipuri trial from my Insani disk and i only have one thing to say ~mauuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!! that game is, oh i just cant describe it easily the best i have played...ever and its not a modern one either, The character designs are great, and just the whole atmosphere is Beautiful and funny, they characters are so great and well u just fall in love with some of there personalities, especially Soracchi's all in all i absolutley love this game and if anyone else has played it id love to hear there opions on it man i cant believe i missed this jewel....
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:19   Link #1787
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

At the moment, Critical Point and Crescendo. Replayed them a few weeks ago, in between Call of Duty 4 marathons.

Critical Point was the first H-game that I'd ever played, and one thing that I was struck by is how much of it made sense; most H-games tend to flip out when you get to tech, but Critical Point wasn't too bad; references to wars, CIC, Wild Wheels (though I think the real reference was Wild Weasel..)

...then again, the senario writer worked on Macross.

...I do remember feeling oddly awed at how many ways there were to creatively die in that game.

Crescendo... totally different kettle of fish, as the Brits say. It's one of those stories which is heartwarming, tearjerking... I remember being moved to tears at several key moments in Ayame and Kaho's storylines... *coughs*

...but I like Call of Duty 4, Front Mission 5 and the Ace Combats better -_-

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 07:08   Link #1788
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

^omg u just spoke sacrelige, How can u say that Call of Duty 4, Front Mission 5 and the Ace Combats are better than Cresendo o.o man i think your crazy i mean those games are fun but honestly, Cresendo, takes the Cake and Ayames Story Arc was the sadest if you ask me
Old 2008-01-06, 16:09   Link #1789
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
V. interested in discussing this one... if only to find out whether or not I understood the backstory properly before it fades from memory. Seriously, though, it's gotten me thinking about delving into other Liarsoft games, although I don't know if they'll be similar. Might just start looking for something by the same scenario writer.
Have you finished the game, are there a lot of H scenes with those mutant characters, not sure if I'm into that right now? ...maybe I should finish voiced version of Saihate no Ima instead.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:02   Link #1790
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yeah, I've finished it. It's pretty low on ero-scenes... maybe four total, if I've remembering right, with three involving mutants. They're pretty softcore to begin with, though.
Old 2008-01-07, 11:56   Link #1791
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
^omg u just spoke sacrelige, How can u say that Call of Duty 4, Front Mission 5 and the Ace Combats are better than Cresendo o.o man i think your crazy i mean those games are fun but honestly, Cresendo, takes the Cake and Ayames Story Arc was the sadest if you ask me
I'm referring to the fun factor and the level of mental stimulation, as opposed to the emotional stimulation of the Ayame path. I'm the kind of guy who likes to be stimulated mentally and physically :P Hence FM5, which is like chess with mecha, and COD4, which is fun and needs thinking, especially on multiplayer, and the Ace Combat games, where you need planning, skill, determination...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 16:15   Link #1792
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

^ i guesss you do raise a fair point, and i like the way you describe it "chess with mecha" ^^Ace combat was rather good, * we better slip back on topic lol*
Old 2008-01-07, 23:53   Link #1793
evarcrazy89

can anyone recommend me a game like ayakashi, fate, bullet buttler, or dies irae
evarcrazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 15:47   Link #1794
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Well, there's Ayakashibito (not the same as Ayakashi) if you liked Bullet Butlers, and most stuff from Nitro+ (like Jingai Makyou and Gekkou no Carnevale).
Old 2008-01-09, 08:58   Link #1795
luckyovermind
hungry~

I second that, those are pretty famous ones.

Plus V.G.neo from GIGA and ... Paradise lost was it? A relatively old game from Light if you like Dies irae.
Old 2008-01-10, 03:04   Link #1796
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I was just browsing around to see what new toys and dojin games might be out and
I thought this was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeya Shop
HimeyaShop Special Offer January 2008
You'll get the HimeyaShop Official Pocketable Wet Tissue Paper with every shipment during January 2008.
It will be useful for your daily life, especially when you want to clean your hands.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 07:49   Link #1797
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Blame me for being a slowpoke, but I just heard that Peach Princess was working on an English port for Princess Waltz. Really nice, since it's one of those eroge that isn't just your usual fare.

Besides that, I liked the OP for it (dissonant chord, by NANA, I think?)

Can't wait until it's finished. ^_^;
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 10:55   Link #1798
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I can't wait for Kamipani to come out. I just can't! ;__;

Luckily Fortune Arterial comes out this month, not the next...and my backlog should be enough to whet my appetite until both games are released.

Koyori and Narukana-sama...<3!
Old 2008-01-10, 19:49   Link #1799
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Another one i cant wait for is Navel's new release,i forget the name of it atm, but i have been following it .I really like Navel's character designs the game comes out in feb does it not?
Old 2008-01-10, 22:27   Link #1800
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
Another one i cant wait for is Navel's new release,i forget the name of it atm, but i have been following it .I really like Navel's character designs the game comes out in feb does it not?
Navel's new game (Oretachi ni tsubasa wa nai) comes out in June, but Lime (Navel's sister brand, still part of Omegavision) has their first game, Nostradamus ni kiitemiru, coming out in a few weeks. Even though it obviously has a different character designer, of course, I'm curious to see how the game will turn out. It, along with Fortune Arterial, are the two games I'm picking up in January.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel