AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-07, 20:12   Link #1
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Looking for.....

I've just finished Da Capo, ive seen KGNE, Kono Mini, Mizurio, Kanon, Ajimu and Natsuiro no Sunadokei. And im currently working my way through Kita-He ~ Diamond Dust Drops.

What other shows are available that follow a similar path, ie: romance/slice of life, style anime. Fansubbed only please, my bank manager will castrise me if i buy anything else this month
Old 2004-10-07, 21:47   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Have you seen Koi Kaze? If you are not too offended by the concept of incestuous/forbidden love, then I recommend you give that a try. As far as romance/tear-jerkers go, I think you've seen all the good ones already.

The two recent series are Wind ~a Breath of Heart~ and Hani Hani Operation Sanctuary, but both ended on a rather weak note. I'd say check out the former first, and if you like it, try out the latter.

I'm hesitant to recommend KareKano (Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou); it had great potentials but ended very abruptly due to the mangaka and the studio's clash. I think you should give it a shot; it's definitely the slice of life style/school romance you are looking for. It might be licensed already though...I'm not sure.

I do NOT recommend One or Canvas anime; they don't do the game versions justice. I'm not sure how Memories Off 2nd anime is (haven't had the time to watch it), but since it has 3 episodes it might be somewhat decent.
Old 2004-10-07, 22:10   Link #3
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Have you seen Koi Kaze? If you are not too offended by the concept of incestuous/forbidden love, then I recommend you give that a try. As far as romance/tear-jerkers go, I think you've seen all the good ones already.

The two recent series are Wind ~a Breath of Heart~ and Hani Hani Operation Sanctuary, but both ended on a rather weak note. I'd say check out the former first, and if you like it, try out the latter.

I'm hesitant to recommend KareKano (Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou); it had great potentials but ended very abruptly due to the mangaka and the studio's clash. I think you should give it a shot; it's definitely the slice of life style/school romance you are looking for. It might be licensed already though...I'm not sure.

I do NOT recommend One or Canvas anime; they don't do the game versions justice. I'm not sure how Memories Off 2nd anime is (haven't had the time to watch it), but since it has 3 episodes it might be somewhat decent.
Wid was amazing till episode 11, then it went down hill so fast im suprised it didnt catch on fire from the friction. Hani Hani was much better than Wind i felt, granted it didnt have the dark and deep story line of wind, but atlkeast it had a better ending, making it better in my books. Both of these could of benefited from longer episodes, and Hani Hani was shorter than Wind, since it had both opening and closing theme and credits.

The other 2 you mentioned are both licensed, which is a shame since they sounded pretty good from what i found on ANN.
Old 2004-10-07, 23:49   Link #4
Arwyn

You might try Kakyuusei, there are two series for it 1&2 and they are being released as fansubs concurrently right now.

Along those same lines, there is Memories Off 2nd, which is ok. Doesnt compare in anyway to Da Capo/KGNE, but its a decent watch.

There is also Memories Off 3.5 which is being fansubbed right now, and you should keep an eye out for Air, which is due to start showing up soon.

Hope that helps, currently I havent seen anything that compares to DC/KGNE, but I keep hoping that these new series might come close.
Old 2004-10-08, 00:12   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Okay, I just watched the first episode of Memories Off 2nd...and it seriously turned me off. We have the same ol' girls who use the word "love" liberally and yet another indecisive main character...and how can he refuse nookie from Hotaru-chan!? Unbelievable!
Old 2004-10-08, 00:59   Link #6
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, the Memories Off OVAs are by far some of the worst game-to-anime conversions I've ever watched.. Not only they don't do the games justice, they are quite boring by themselves... and the character distortions are beyond... "distortions" already...

I actually think One is... okay... definitely better than the MO OVAs IMO... at least the art and the music are pleasant... although most of the time you have to spend time trying to figure out what happen at when and where and what exactly is going on...
Closed Thread