AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-10, 01:58   Link #501
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Arisato: "You might as well come clean; Remember the Russian wet work team that got sold out? Well that's the kind of secret that stays a secret because if it got out, people get sent to Siberia; Your secret will get out after a pillow fight sleepover."
Jim: ...alright, it is about time you learn something important. What I'm about to tell you is for your ears only...

Spoiler for BU:

Quote:
It's not impossible; reading up to volume 6, the Author refers to a ton of American movies, everything from John Wayne classics, to 'Pretty Woman'

Are the Japanese that familiar with American movies ?
More like Kamachi stole all the best ones not touched by Gainax. So for allowance of breadth HnA spammed references from history, anime and fiction.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-06-10 at 03:24.
Old 2011-06-10, 02:41   Link #502
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
I have but one word.

ALLELUJAH/HALLELUJAH!!!! (that's two? Not sure...)

But yes... might have a use for her...
Though I think that every Butei needs a gun at least on her... You should get one for your ninja, even though it might not be of much use (or it might just be of better use than damn throwing stars... Ninjas of nowdays use swords AND guns)
Hmm....she has a gun. Check again
But yeah, shuriken, kunai, makibishi, kusarigama, kodachi, tantou, smoke bombs...she's got a lot of things with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
OK, NEW OC PROFILE REMADE ALONGSIDE WITH A MOE PIC!

Yamato V.H. Alexandra (Repier/Inquesta)
Van Helsing, huh? And she's got quite a handful of skills :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ah, Yanko has a friend to keep her company in the shadows (when they're both terrified of a roach)

Manami: Isn't that the big monstrous creature that digs itself underground, regenerates quickly and spits acid?
Jim: ...is that a roach from outer space?
That's a straaaange roach
Old 2011-06-10, 02:48   Link #503
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Styr AUG?
200m less range than the TAR-21. But yeah, that is still workable, though I would recommend you take the Kel-Tec RFB since they are both around the same weight, and the RFB has greater firepower with the 7.62x51 round.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:02   Link #504
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
That's a straaaange roach
Jim: Definitely not from Earth.

Manami: *finds the picture* Aha! Here.

Yanko and Koyomi disappear screaming.

Manami: Hey wait! Its just a roach!

Jim: Even a normal person would be afraid of that roach if it were real...
Old 2011-06-10, 03:06   Link #505
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

It's not impossible; reading up to volume 6, the Author refers to a ton of American movies, everything from John Wayne classics, to 'Pretty Woman'

Are the Japanese that familiar with American movies ?
It's quite possible that the author have taken from Red October without having to call it Red October. And why do everyone assume that Japan is so consanguineous in its popular culture that they are ignorant of american and european movies and series? I mean, the Full Metal Panic author have made references to american movies too, Fumoffu have reference to Apocalypse Now and Hitchcok's Psycho, The Terminator is referenced every once in a while. And speaking of Terminator, Black Lagoon is full of western pop culture. Eden of the East have referenced Taxi Driver and so on. So while it's easier for japanese director to shoe in a reference to gundam or other anime, them being aware of western pop culture is not that alien.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:09   Link #506
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Jim: Definitely not from Earth.

Manami: *finds the picture* Aha! Here.

Yanko and Koyomi disappear screaming.

Manami: Hey wait! Its just a roach!

Jim: Even a normal person would be afraid of that roach if it were real...
Karla : Roach? Did someone say cockroach? GAAAAHHHH! AAHHHHH! EEEEEEKKK!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:21   Link #507
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Manami: *flails* Why?! Roaches are so cute...

Jim: As are little girls that turn into 6ft tall werewolves...
Old 2011-06-10, 04:02   Link #508
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Èlise: Get that filthy abomination from here!! *covers head with arms*
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-10, 04:59   Link #509
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Jim: ...
Elise: Are you going to just stand there? Carry me!
Jim: What's with this feeling of being damned if you do, damned if you don't?!
Old 2011-06-10, 05:54   Link #510
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I need to stop adding characters :

Name: Yang Huiyu
Nationality: Hong Kong
Butei Rank: B
Ancestor: Ancient Chinese pugilists
Department: Assault
Ability: Light body skill
Weapon: A sword magnetically lined in the middle, able to split into two, multiple swordsplay techniques
Friends: Close buddies with Reyva

Background : A trainee-teacher from the Hong Kong Butei Academy who came to Japan for overseas training, she was noted by the school staff after defeating a gang of punks from another school with only a stick while walking home at night.

Initially obsessed with Reyva as she believes that the latter is holding one of her ancestor's weapons, she stole Grace one night, leading to Reyva chasing her through the campus before her failed attempt to hijack Reisen's boat. Drawing both her swords, she challenged Reisen to a swordfight, who defeated her with an oar despite her expertise in swordsplay. Believing that he knows an ultimate swordsplay technique (Reisen told her that he defeated her by reading her moves and keeping her on defence), she constantly harasses the latter to teach her swordfighting.

Since the incident, she has become extremely good friends with Reyva, going out on shopping trips regularly, and teaching her Chinese swordsplay to compliment the latter's swordfighting skills, earning the duo the nickname "the Jade Maidens of Butei". Also, she occasionally writes in the school newsletter, becoming extremely popular amongst the female students after penning the article entitled "Hand to Hand : How to defeat a dragon in 18 moves" and "Fist of beauties : The guide to punching like a lady". However, the editor of the newsletter fears working with her as her draft works often contain ostensible amounts of kanji, and are excruciatingly difficult to edit.

Currently, she is stalking Jeanne, who she believes that Durandal is also another of her ancestor's swords.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-10 at 08:58.
Old 2011-06-10, 05:57   Link #511
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yes Saintess give me more work for The Akiba Incident.
Old 2011-06-10, 06:13   Link #512
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Yes Saintess give me more work for The Akiba Incident.
The Akiba Incident?

Old 2011-06-10, 06:25   Link #513
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The Akiba Incident?
Jim's excuse to head downtown as a Yakuza member and party with your ladies. I'm still working on the wiki-style synopsis.
Old 2011-06-10, 06:33   Link #514
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Jim's excuse to head downtown as a Yakuza member and party with your ladies. I'm still working on the wiki-style synopsis.
Yakuza : Hey! You punk! Come back with us! Boss is waiting!
Ayari : *brandishes folding axe* What the heck do you think you are doing to him?
Yakuza : It's ojou-sama! We are sorry! We didn't know he's with you! We'll be on our way...
Ayari : You imbeciles! You deserve a punishment!
Kanari : Yes! A punishment! They have to kiss each other in the public!
Everyone : ..................
Ayari : I think you guys better run before my sister enacts the punishment on you.

Old 2011-06-10, 07:09   Link #515
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Karla : Roach? Did someone say cockroach? GAAAAHHHH! AAHHHHH! EEEEEEKKK!
Revvy: Rrha ki ra chs viega... Rrha ki ra chs viega... Rrha ki ra chs viega mea...

Amy: Oh shit...

Revvy: ... en handeres jenge mea/.

Amy: Run!

Pam: !!!

????: !!!

*swords fall upon the hapless insect*

???: Great... this is what comes out after those dream therapy sessions? I quit...

-----

Yeah I forgot to add another Vanguard asides from the one I planned.

In the meantime, a quick Artifact Information:

Spoiler for Artifact Search Mission: Rank-X: No Restrictions - Free for all Butei to Try:
Old 2011-06-10, 08:41   Link #516
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Yakuza : Hey! You punk! Come back with us! Boss is waiting!
Ayari : *brandishes folding axe* What the heck do you think you are doing to him?
Yakuza : It's ojou-sama! We are sorry! We didn't know he's with you! We'll be on our way...
Ayari : You imbeciles! You deserve a punishment!
Kanari : Yes! A punishment! They have to kiss each other in the public!
Everyone : ..................
Ayari : I think you guys better run before my sister enacts the punishment on you.
Jim: Oh the things I do for Butei.

Nemo: Come now, Mr Bean. Things were getting a little quiet around here. I was hoping that we'd see some gratuitous sex and violence.

Jim: If it were any other day, I'd hope so too.

Spoiler for Let the Bullets Fly-- I mean, The Akiba Incident:
Spoiler for Author's Note:

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-06-10 at 08:53.
Old 2011-06-10, 09:15   Link #517
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

Yeah I forgot to add another Vanguard asides from the one I planned.

In the meantime, a quick Artifact Information:

Spoiler for Artifact Search Mission: Rank-X: No Restrictions - Free for all Butei to Try:
Quote:
Jim: Oh the things I do for Butei.

Nemo: Come now, Mr Bean. Things were getting a little quiet around here. I was hoping that we'd see some gratuitous sex and violence.

Jim: If it were any other day, I'd hope so too.

Spoiler for Let the Bullets Fly-- I mean, The Akiba Incident:
Spoiler for Author's Note:
Spoiler for profiling:

Reisen : *shouting* NO! I said NO! Stop bugging me for that kind of information!
Ayari : *pretends to sniffle* You.....you are bullying us......
Kanari : *moves closer to her sister* When you are supposed to be taking care of us....
Ranbyou : ARE YOU BULLYING MY EX-STUDENT? And goodness! Her twin sister too! GO DIE!
Reisen : What? No! Wait.....MY BOAT!!
Ayari : *gives Kanari a high five*

*A little later*

Karla : I'll repair your boat, or what is left of it. But you have to help the girls.
Reisen : You three just enjoy giving me more work don't you?
Karla : You are their guardian too.
Reisen : That notion is a blackmail.
Karla : Think of it as a class outing.
Reisen : Wait. You just want someone to drive you home so you can party and get drunk, right?
Karla : Ehehehehehehe......

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-10 at 09:52.
Old 2011-06-10, 09:43   Link #518
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Jim: There. Gratuitous violence.
Nemo: Where's the sex?!
Jim: Gotta let 'em breathe first.

Spoiler for I had a nasty brainwave...:
Old 2011-06-10, 09:53   Link #519
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Jim: There. Gratuitous violence.
Nemo: Where's the sex?!
Jim: Gotta let 'em breathe first.

Spoiler for I had a nasty brainwave...:
You had another character who is a Logi right? I need someone who can pilot a Mi-24 with Karla.

Old 2011-06-10, 10:15   Link #520
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That be Gertrude. She can help.