AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-04, 07:34   Link #141
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Question -- I remember reading somewhere that the brown algae have a shared consciousness. How does that work exactly?
Magnets...
Old 2012-10-04, 07:38   Link #142
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
How much do the people in Horizon rely on the device they are always wearing on their necks and waist.... And it's so damn powerful device that can controls or cover a huge area...
Old 2012-10-04, 10:05   Link #143
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Question:

Regarding the soundtrack on eps 13 s2 when Malga and Margott fighting against Phoenix Ships, is it the new soundtrack?
Old 2012-10-04, 10:11   Link #144
Dynellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Question:

Regarding the soundtrack on eps 13 s2 when Malga and Margott fighting against Phoenix Ships, is it the new soundtrack?
Yes, 'Save you from anything'
http://youtu.be/ckr0omajXL0?t=2m59s
Old 2012-10-04, 10:18   Link #145
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynellen View Post
Yes, 'Save you from anything'
http://youtu.be/ckr0omajXL0?t=2m59s
Thanks a lot...
So it was named after the end phrase...
Quite fitting...

Soundtrack is out 10/10/2012...
Will be waiting for it...
Old 2012-10-07, 20:38   Link #146
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So on the Armaments of Deadly Sins again, are the three swords wielded by Tres Espana higher ups during S2 all them, or not. As the subs referred two of them as "Testament Armaments" and specifically as name the third as an Armaments of Deadly Sin. So then I am correct in thinking that the other 2 aren't, but something similar level to other divine weapons such as Tonbokiri?
MAL
Old 2012-10-07, 21:31   Link #147
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The one held by Juana (the bespectacled lady with a sizable bust) is Mortal Sin Armament. The ones held by Diego Velasquez (the old guy) and Takakane Hironaka (the baseball dude) are Testamenta Arma.

The Testamenta Arma are patterned after the seven virtues, while the Mortal Sin Armaments are based on the Eight Evil Thoughts or Logismoi. The two are more or less powerful against Divine Weapons.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-10-07, 22:13   Link #148
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The one held by Juana (the bespectacled lady with a sizable bust) is Mortal Sin Armament. The ones held by Diego Velasquez (the old guy) and Takakane Hironaka (the baseball dude) are Testamenta Arma.

The Testamenta Arma are patterned after the seven virtues, while the Mortal Sin Armaments are based on the Eight Evil Thoughts or Logismoi. The two are more or less powerful against Divine Weapons.
I see, I knew who had which I was just bit lazy in that question, and thanks I didn't know details on the the Testamenta Arma. Related question was Gin Tachibana using a Testamenta Arma, or is her weapons something unique to her?
MAL
Old 2012-10-07, 22:23   Link #149
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Those were regular weapons.
Take note that Divine Weapons have to be related to an object relevant in history.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-10-07, 23:03   Link #150
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Those were regular weapons.
Take note that Divine Weapons have to be related to an object relevant in history.
Even the levitating cannons are just regular weapons?

And I see, thanks again for that insight.
MAL
Old 2012-10-08, 11:18   Link #151
Raviel

From what Futayo said in the anime, they apparently are

(The Aracbuz Cruz(s?) were massive siege weapons)

For some reason Gin carrying battleship-grade weaponry with her at all times was easier for me to accept compared to some other things in this show.

P.S.: Do the characters from England (especially Elizabeth) make any other appearances after the arc in London?

Last edited by Raviel; 2012-10-08 at 11:29.
Old 2012-10-08, 11:31   Link #152
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
From what Futayo said in the anime, they apparently are

(The Aracbuz Cruz(s?) were massive siege weapons)

For some reason Gin carrying battleship-grade weaponry with her at all times was easier for me to accept compared to some other things in this show.

P.S.: Do the characters from England (especially Elizabeth) make any other appearances after the arc in London?
A hell lot...

And Shakespeare does something <_< with Neshinbara later
Old 2012-10-08, 11:39   Link #153
Raviel

I'm probably not ever going to be able to read the LNs so may I ask......what happens to Neshinbara?

I didn't know Shakespeare was so......daring.
Old 2012-10-08, 11:49   Link #154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

He...got turned into a pettanko and Shakespeare has to restore him....

I sometimes wonder if Neshin is supposed to be Kawakami SI then what is going on in that guy's head....
Old 2012-10-26, 07:47   Link #155
Myname

Why is Tachibana Muneshige part of Tres Espana if he inherited a Japanese name? Or rather I think his original name was Garcias or something so why is a Spaniard inheriting a Japanese name and working for the Spanish?

If he inherited a Japanese name, shouldn't he be working with Musashi (from the start)?
Old 2012-10-26, 08:12   Link #156
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They have two roles in History Recreation: as an important character from World History, and as an important character in Japanese History. Musashi, or rather the Far East, represents Japan in World History and the Matsudaira Clan in Japanese History. As for Muneshige, he represents Garcia de Ceballos in World History as a Spanish citizen, and Muneshige Tachibana in Japanese History.

The Tachibana family in Japanese History is one of the retainer clans of the Ootomo Clan. The Ootomo Clan and the Oouchi Clan are represented by Tres Espana, who also represent the Spanish Empire in World History.

Old 2012-10-27, 20:17   Link #157
Makall

So what is Muneshige's birth name? Does Gin still call him Muneshige even after defecting to Musashi?

How come none of the Musashi MCs are based off real world figures?

And lastly, does anyone actually die in this series during the history recreation? Everything seems more like a game so far (lol baseball fighters). Their "war" or "battle" is immediately ended after fulfilling some condition (when Masazumi announced the end of the "war").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
A hell lot...

And Shakespeare does something <_< with Neshinbara later
What does she do...
Old 2012-10-27, 21:50   Link #158
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
So what is Muneshige's birth name? Does Gin still call him Muneshige even after defecting to Musashi?
No one knows. Based on some illustrations of the manga, it seems that they are given their roles at birth, so they have no "non-History Recreation" name to begin with.

Quote:
How come none of the Musashi MCs are based off real world figures?
Spoiler for Season 3 Content:

Quote:
And lastly, does anyone actually die in this series during the history recreation? Their "war" or "battle" is immediately ended after fulfilling some condition (when Masazumi announced the end of the "war").
The ghosts in the series [Takakane Hironaka, Fusae Era, Toshiie Maeda] are tell-tale signs of death in the series. Of course, there's also Felipe Segundo's friends and family, who died during the Battle of Lepanto.

Quote:
Everything seems more like a game so far (lol baseball fighters).
Remember how the Olympic Games came to existence? They are basically a show of military might amongst the nations of the ancient world. Due to the passage of time, it eventually becomes "military might -> athletic might", and eventually, "military -> athletics".

Quote:
Their "war" or "battle" is immediately ended after fulfilling some condition (when Masazumi announced the end of the "war").
It's a simplistic way of war actually. Instead of replicating the process, they instead replicate the outcome.

Quote:
What does she do...
You know the IRC-like messaging system they use? Shakespeare continuously stalks him there.

Old 2012-10-28, 06:22   Link #159
Makall

Quote:
No one knows. Based on some illustrations of the manga, it seems that they are given their roles at birth, so they have no "non-History Recreation" name to begin with.
Didn't someone say that Gin was originally supposed to inherit the Muneshige name but Muneshige defeated her and inherited the title?
Old 2012-10-28, 07:07   Link #160
Morisato

So how are is the baseball captain and his wife from Tres Espana living as ghosts? How the fuck does that even work?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a