Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also, a couple more images

Spoiler for Achiga:

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2012-11-06 at 00:56.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 05:24   Link #2242
Mayama12811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for :

Also, Awai ...

Spoiler for :
Mayama12811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 06:17   Link #2243
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayama12811 View Post
Spoiler for :

Also, Awai ...

Spoiler for :
The time draws near, I see. Funny we still have nothing on Ryuuka.

And figures, the two manga have been getting so interconnected lately is hard to tell anymore just from pages unless you know the art well enough.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 06:38   Link #2244
night_sentinel

Spoiler for current scores for the match:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 10:20   Link #2245
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
They probably had to lose a fair bit, so that Awai can come smashing back.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 10:33   Link #2246
RJ TAYLER

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-06, 13:16   Link #2247
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Good heavens, look at the time. We're due for some spoilers, aren't we?

Spoiler for Next chapters:
Spoiler for Next chapter:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 14:04   Link #2248
tsunade666

Shizu has strong determination. Even if you crushed her again and again. She comes back. Maybe that's why Koromo comment it like that.
Old 2012-11-06, 14:08   Link #2249
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Hot damn. Look at that Shindouji score. Achiga and Senriyama's performances are impressive, but if we keep in mind that Mairu's performance will have at least double the han in the Captain's round they're looking seriously dangerous.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 15:10   Link #2250
The Green One

Shindouji will need a lot of firepower to have any sort of chance, their situation is still pretty desperate. I wonder if Arata's match ends this chapter. We have to remember though Shiratodai is still researching their opponents, they're hardly going all out yet.

Spoiler for Next achiga chapter:
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 16:53   Link #2251
darkchez11

Hello, I'm new here, well not totally new I been a lurker for quite a while, although I don't even know how to play mahjong I really like this series

I think saki's weakness is being so weak will, whenever she get scared her defense mechanism is to release this strong monster aura, she's like an animal saying to her aggressor she's a dangerous prey so don't you dare try to approach me, it’s like a form of intimidation to scare off potential danger, so I think a person who got a lot of determination or the very persistent people will give her a lot of trouble because even if you warn them not to go and hunt you, like a persistent hunter they won't stop until they finally get what they wanted or until they themselves get killed, she's the total opposite of shizu, although their goal is somewhat similar it is to finally meet someone important to them thru mahjong.

But I'm a bit worried about saki I mean her reason to go to the finals is to fix her family problem with teru using mahjong, not totally about the national itself, but what if the very reason she goes on so far get shattered before they even got the chance to face off in the finals? Like a confrontation we've seen in the last part of season one between teru and saki.

saki can be easily dejected, I remember if it wasn't for nodoka's reminder about saki's goal to go to the nationals and meet her sister she won't get back her determination to fight koromo and win, for sure her team will be in trouble if she got no determination to even lift a tiles or she lose her reason to fight or win the national, not like nodoka whose future is at stake, she need to win the national to convince her father that she could stay in kiyosumi. So I think a further more character development about saki will be explored for quite sometimes.

teru was right “saki, if you bloom with all your might, just like those flower…” although she never finish that line I think saki need to bloom (to grow) in order to go further and like a flower that need its sunlight to finally bloom, saki is here now because of teru.
darkchez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 17:46   Link #2252
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchez11 View Post
Hello, I'm new here, well not totally new I been a lurker for quite a while, although I don't even know how to play mahjong I really like this series
Wellcome, it's nice to get more Saki fans around here.
Quote:
I think saki's weakness is being so weak will, whenever she get scared her defense mechanism is to release this strong monster aura, she's like an animal saying to her aggressor she's a dangerous prey so don't you dare try to approach me, it’s like a form of intimidation to scare off potential danger, so I think a person who got a lot of determination or the very persistent people will give her a lot of trouble because even if you warn them not to go and hunt you, like a persistent hunter they won't stop until they finally get what they wanted or until they themselves get killed, she's the total opposite of shizu, although their goal is somewhat similar it is to finally meet someone important to them thru mahjong.
Lol monster aura? Yeah about Saki's weakness, I can see how you come up with that. You can see her monster aura flared up when she lost her way in Achiga ep 3. Saki is also in that state near the end of her quarterfinal match. She grew vary of Kyouko who is like a more intellegent, less pucky version of Shizu. One of the things that I find interesting about Saki series is the main protagonist isn't the typical hotheaded hero commonly found in most top hit shounen manga. Instead, we get a week willed character with god-tier power while the hotheaded one is the main for the side story. I'm sure we will be getting a very interesting match in the final.
Quote:
But I'm a bit worried about saki I mean her reason to go to the finals is
to fix her family problem with teru using mahjong, not totally about the national itself, but what if the very reason she goes on so far get shattered before they even got the chance to face off in the finals? Like a confrontation we've seen in the last part of season one between teru and saki.

saki can be easily dejected, I remember if it wasn't for nodoka's reminder about saki's goal to go to the nationals and meet her sister she won't get back her determination to fight koromo and win, for sure her team will be in trouble if she got no determination to even lift a tiles or she lose her reason to fight or win the national, not like nodoka whose future is at stake, she need to win the national to convince her father that she could stay in kiyosumi. So I think a further more character development about saki will be explored for quite sometimes.
That is a good point, but we have to see when and how this confrontation takes place which won't be anytime soon when consider the snail pacing of the manga.

Quote:
teru was right “saki, if you bloom with all your might, just like those flower…” although she never finish that line I think saki need to bloom (to grow) in order to go further and like a flower that need its sunlight to finally bloom, saki is here now because of teru.
I'm not sure if this is what Teru intended to accomplish. At least the conversation should've happened before Teru rejected Saki's existance as her sister. Keep in mind that the reason behind the break up of these two is due to a mysterious blondie.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:41   Link #2253
darkchez11

thanks!

yup my only problem about this series is the slow release by the author I'm ok with the pace of the story if only she can release more than the usual one.

I just have to wait and be patient.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:44   Link #2254
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Ahahaha, this is probably the first place I've seen compare mama Atago to Margery Daw, of all people.

Despite the massive point debit that they've experienced, Shiraitodai really isn't that concerned about it huh? Some people are saying that it doesn't do them any favors, but I don't know, for me it's actually worrisome, ESPECIALLY after Awai's off-hand comment.
Old 2012-11-07, 04:21   Link #2255
fansgirl

hello I'm new here, because of Saki now I'm like to play mahjong though not good enough.

hey is it just me or Teru is very much like Tama-chan from bamboo blade not about her face but her expression and when she eat cake and biscuit/cookies in achiga ch 15.

I wonder why Koromo said Shizu is a trouble (厄介 = trouble, right?)

Teru know why her parents get separated but Saki didn't know in drama cd, I'm really curious what happen in Saki past especially that blonde girl
fansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 06:17   Link #2256
darkchez11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansgirl View Post
hello I'm new here, because of Saki now I'm like to play mahjong though not good enough.
hello, fellow newcomer

Quote:
hey is it just me or Teru is very much like Tama-chan from bamboo blade not about her face but her expression and when she eat cake and biscuit/cookies in achiga ch 15.
Aguri Igarashi the artist in achigan is also the illustrator of bamboo blade.

Quote:
I wonder why Koromo said Shizu is a trouble (厄介 = trouble, right?)
maybe because shizu doesn't know when to give up

Quote:
Teru know why her parents get separated but Saki didn't know in drama cd, I'm really curious what happen in Saki past especially that blonde girl
I also wonder why, but as of now all I can think about are bunch of wild theories, so I just rather wait for more development, hopefully.

Last edited by darkchez11; 2012-11-07 at 06:21. Reason: not author my mistake
Old 2012-11-07, 09:42   Link #2257
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
maybe because shizu doesn't know when to give up
Considering what happened with her match with Ryuuka before... that 'plot-armor' might've been her ability. I must say that she's pretty lucky considering that she got furiten back then and still able to change her hands to do chiitoitsu. It's like her ability is to always ends up getting a chance to escape desperate situation... that's pretty troublesome.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 11:26   Link #2258
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Considering what happened with her match with Ryuuka before... that 'plot-armor' might've been her ability. I must say that she's pretty lucky considering that she got furiten back then and still able to change her hands to do chiitoitsu. It's like her ability is to always ends up getting a chance to escape desperate situation... that's pretty troublesome.
Shizu's performance is quantifiy by how desperate the situation she's in i.e. the more desprete the better. Since Achiga is curently 2nd place, I'd say she will likely to mess up causing her team to gone down to fourth place just like her previous match. Let's see whether Awai and Himeko will be able to provide some extra fuel to the so-called ability of hers.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:12   Link #2259
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Shizu's performance is quantifiy by how desperate the situation she's in i.e. the more desprete the better. Since Achiga is curently 2nd place, I'd say she will likely to mess up causing her team to gone down to fourth place just like her previous match. Let's see whether Awai and Himeko will be able to provide some extra fuel to the so-called ability of hers.

If Shizu really has this kind of ability then it's like a better version of Subara Girl's ability... Subara Girl's ability prevents her from getting zero but does not warrant her to get the needed position... while Shizu will bounce back every time she gets into the danger zone... Now, up to the semi-finals, the safe zone is to get at least second place so Shizu's ability will always kick in to get her there...

Now, when the final battle comes... if she really has this ability then she will be a force to reckon with... fourth to second position will be red zone and the only safe zone is being first... unless Shizu is first then her so called shounen manga protagonist ability will always be active... she will be like a monster that will always stand up whatever is thrown at her... always knocking on the door...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 15:23   Link #2260
King-Slayer

Chapter loooks good and funny. Can't wait to see it.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri