AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-12-16, 13:24   Link #5541
Destined_Fate

Kinda sad that Athrun joins Orb and is immediately made an Admiral. Really, where are his credentials for such a task? Seems like abuse of power on Cagalli's part to give her lover such a high position over those that have spent years in Orbs service and actually have experience leading such a large fore while Athrun only has experience working under someone and giving orders to small specialized teams.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 14:58   Link #5542
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Kinda sad that Athrun joins Orb and is immediately made an Admiral. Really, where are his credentials for such a task? Seems like abuse of power on Cagalli's part to give her lover such a high position over those that have spent years in Orbs service and actually have experience leading such a large fore while Athrun only has experience working under someone and giving orders to small specialized teams.
Athrun had previously worked for Orb but as an anonymous and bodyguarding Cagalli in the start in the series... but yeah that doesn't stop him from accusing Cagalli for what was going on with the country and how her actions were just making things worse. I think he officially joins Orb after assisting Kira and Mu in stopping ZAFT's invasion to Orb.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 15:06   Link #5543
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Seriously, let's not start nitpicking the biggest plot-pulls by the shows creators, why is Kira in Zaft? Why is Athrun an admiral in ORB? why wasnt Yzak/Dearka executed after SEED? How come Kira survived the Tannhauser's blast when the Freedom's Phase shift was down? How did the Excalibur suddenly gain the ability to extend the beam over the tip of the sword? Is Lacus chairman? why is she chairman? How did Rey age 12 years in 3 years but suddenly stopped aging during the show? What type of super Band-aids did Mwu get wrapped up in to survive that exposure to space? Did Athrun's transform button get stuck while piloting the Saviour? Why did Durandal leave his notebook of his Destiny-plan at a abandoned colony? How the hell does Messiah fly forward? How the hell did they build the Akatsuki and when did Cagallis dad record that message?

no point
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 15:18   Link #5544
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Seriously, let's not start nitpicking the biggest plot-pulls by the shows creators, why is Kira in Zaft? Why is Athrun an admiral in ORB? why wasnt Yzak/Dearka executed after SEED? How come Kira survived the Tannhauser's blast when the Freedom's Phase shift was down? How did the Excalibur suddenly gain the ability to extend the beam over the tip of the sword? Is Lacus chairman? why is she chairman? How did Rey age 12 years in 3 years but suddenly stopped aging during the show? What type of super Band-aids did Mwu get wrapped up in to survive that exposure to space? Did Athrun's transform button get stuck while piloting the Saviour?

no point
Challenge accepted!

1. Why is Kira in Zaft? Lacus became PLANT's chairman and although Kira was anonymous for the two series, some guys in ZAFT knew about his identity and actions (Yzak, Dearka)
2. why wasnt Yzak/Dearka executed after SEED? Saved by Durandal.
3. Why is Athrun an admiral in ORB? Why wouldn't he? He saved the country from ZAFT and had been secretely working for them.
4. How come Kira survived the Tannhauser's blast when the Freedom's Phase shift was down? Wasn't Kira's cockpit underwater?
5. How did the Excalibur suddenly gain the ability to extend the beam over the tip of the sword? Is there a guidebook to how these things work.
6. Is Lacus chairman? why is she chairman? Her father was a famous guy in PLANT and Lacus did help to end the war. If you wanna know what happened, you'll have to expect the movie.
7. How did Rey age 12 years in 3 years but suddenly stopped aging during the show? How long is the show? When was Rey actually born?
8. What type of super Band-aids did Mwu get wrapped up in to survive that exposure to space? Retconned in SEED Special Edition. His helmet wasn't even there.
9. Did Athrun's transform button get stuck while piloting the Saviour? Attacking your fiance really weakens you.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 16:24   Link #5545
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Freedom was hit by the Tannhauser?
Old 2012-12-16, 16:34   Link #5546
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It wasn't, but positron cannons fired in-atmosphere tend to create colossal explosions. It's why Murrue didn't want to use the Lohengrin in-atmosphere when Natarle suggested it in SEED.
Old 2012-12-16, 23:26   Link #5547
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Challenge accepted!

1. Why is Kira in Zaft? Lacus became PLANT's chairman and although Kira was anonymous for the two series, some guys in ZAFT knew about his identity and actions (Yzak, Dearka)
2. why wasnt Yzak/Dearka executed after SEED? Saved by Durandal.
3. Why is Athrun an admiral in ORB? Why wouldn't he? He saved the country from ZAFT and had been secretely working for them.
4. How come Kira survived the Tannhauser's blast when the Freedom's Phase shift was down? Wasn't Kira's cockpit underwater?
5. How did the Excalibur suddenly gain the ability to extend the beam over the tip of the sword? Is there a guidebook to how these things work.
6. Is Lacus chairman? why is she chairman? Her father was a famous guy in PLANT and Lacus did help to end the war. If you wanna know what happened, you'll have to expect the movie.
7. How did Rey age 12 years in 3 years but suddenly stopped aging during the show? How long is the show? When was Rey actually born?
8. What type of super Band-aids did Mwu get wrapped up in to survive that exposure to space? Retconned in SEED Special Edition. His helmet wasn't even there.
9. Did Athrun's transform button get stuck while piloting the Saviour? Attacking your fiance really weakens you.
i'll raise you the biggest one, why is cagalli crying all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Freedom was hit by the Tannhauser?
Right as shinn stabs the freedom, seconds later the impulse gets toaster by the Tannhauser, honestly i doubt the freedom's body even had time to sink before it got hit by that positron cannon, also, judging from the explosion, a few meters below water wouldnt really save you in that situation, oh well, its better that the freedom's torso was fleeting underwater instead of Kira in a pilot suit
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 23:51   Link #5548
Zeydra
A random passerby

Cagalli always cries because she is always sad during war.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 02:15   Link #5549
Destined_Fate

Tch, Cagalli needs to stop it than and be a leader for her people already. Crying does no one any good and the worst parts of Destiny were Kira godmodeing everything and Cagalli being useless. Seriously, she even gave away her Akatsuki to Mu who shouldn't even be alive all things considered.

Kinda sad when a ghost does more than her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Athrun had previously worked for Orb but as an anonymous and bodyguarding Cagalli in the start in the series... but yeah that doesn't stop him from accusing Cagalli for what was going on with the country and how her actions were just making things worse. I think he officially joins Orb after assisting Kira and Mu in stopping ZAFT's invasion to Orb.
Still doesn't justify why he should just be handed the rank of Admiral when he lacks any real qualifications for such a job. Just saying.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 08:54   Link #5550
Washu-Chan