AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 02:41   Link #881
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
That is obviously a joke guys lol I don't even like the guy that much but what? He can't even joke now? xD
When the majority of an already established fanbase is abandoning support for the newest game in the franchise, that joke isn't going to help win them back.

This is poor PR.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 03:21   Link #882
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^It's a heart pumping blood to his mouth since he lacks a real one. lol

If all that guy said is true then whoa! This is the biggest crap fest game we'll get in 2013.
Old 2012-12-18, 03:49   Link #883
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Oh well. If it flops that's too bad
I'm more and more excited about LoS 2 anyways.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 03:55   Link #884
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

For me I'm curious how the old school/original Dante will be part of this game and be part of the Japanese version of the Play Station All Stars roster, still a rumor though I haven't herd or seen anything yet on PS All Stars about the original Dante.

The only good points I see in this game now is that it's a decent hack and slash game, nothing revolutionary just decent with alot of bugs.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:30   Link #885
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Yeah, I'm interested too. I love the Devil May Cry series and I would hate to see it be ruined. Luckily we got Metal Gear Rising and Lords of Shadow 2 coming out in 2013.

Now we just gotta make it to 2013
Old 2012-12-18, 18:35   Link #886
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Yeah, I'm interested too. I love the Devil May Cry series and I would hate to see it be ruined. Luckily we got Metal Gear Rising and Lords of Shadow 2 coming out in 2013.

Now we just gotta make it to 2013
I've already decided to wait for Rising; it is only a month after DmC's release date.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 21:43   Link #887
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what reviews say about DMC before I make judgement on if I should buy it or not too.
Old 2012-12-18, 23:19   Link #888
defki

With all the unfounded love for Ninja Theory I don't expect any bad reviews. They all will go on about the shiny graphics, colors, how changes are not bad and how great NT are. No one will care about the inferior gameplay. I mean look at Enslaved. Gameplay wise it's a mediocre pos and yet it's frigging average rating is 8/10.

Hope this game bombs so hard that it will be heard on the Venus.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 23:29   Link #889
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Heh, what's the odds of them getting less than half a million sales ?

Even RE6 still had Japanese supporters to help boost sales (quite a bit in fact) but for DmC I heard that they pretty much disowned it already.
Old 2012-12-18, 23:38   Link #890
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Heh, what's the odds of them getting less than half a million sales ?

Even RE6 still had Japanese supporters to help boost sales (quite a bit in fact) but for DmC I heard that they pretty much disowned it already.
Zero I am afraid. This game will sell on name alone. Combine it with all the controversy about it that sparks interest and curiosity. Also the casual fan will not care. I mean Heavenly Sword outsold Bayonetta afaik. Hope I am wrong though.
Old 2012-12-19, 00:12   Link #891
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Zero I am afraid. This game will sell on name alone. Combine it with all the controversy about it that sparks interest and curiosity. Also the casual fan will not care. I mean Heavenly Sword outsold Bayonetta afaik. Hope I am wrong though.
agreed, also collectors and people that do reviews and game walkthroughs will buy this game.

HS out sold Bayonetta because both are new IP's and also HS is a western game which more western fans will buy. I really don't like how they exaggerate and hype games and I am sick and tired of the "give this game a chance" talk. We already seen what it is, we're just waiting for the release.
Old 2012-12-19, 00:18   Link #892
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Venus is not far enough. they need to bomb all the way to Pluto!

EDIT: and my post was #911...what the heck?

Last edited by Xefi; 2012-12-19 at 01:04.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 03:34   Link #893
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Yeah, a lot of the review websites have been praising Ninja Theory, especially IGN. Then again it's IGN.

As for Ninja Theory, games are in the meh to okay range. Heavenly Sword was alright. The only thing praiseworthy about HS was Andy Serkis' performance.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:30   Link #894
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think now Andy doesn't wanna work with them after this fiasco.

Anyways Capcom reaches out to fans

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-19, 19:27   Link #895
defki

Sorry for being slow but what is this video about? What happened? Haven't being following DmC news since the demo announcement.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:34   Link #896
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Sorry for being slow but what is this video about? What happened? Haven't being following DmC news since the demo announcement.
Apparently there's a lot of abuse of power by the moderators of the capcom unity forums; ugly stuff like the mods immediate banning people who voices their complaints about the games or people who post video links of the glitches and flaws of the demo, and even cases where the mods edited their posts to humiliate them.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:20   Link #897
defki

WTF? Seriously? This game is a train wreck and Capcom is an embarrassing failure of a company. If they get rewarded with high sales for this shit I will cry.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:42   Link #898
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
WTF? Seriously? This game is a train wreck and Capcom is an embarrassing failure of a company. If they get rewarded with high sales for this shit I will cry.
Well considering how the fanbase is divided positively or negatively for this game, it's still unknown how well this game will do. Considering the way the companies are treating the fanbase with negative backlash and lowering our expectations it's technically a race to the finish line at this point. Keep in mind that Cashcom has a big loyal fanbase despite being the sinking ship that they have been in recent years, who will go buy it despite the evidence of the way they've been acting towards the fanbase and the game in general.

Regardless how this game sells, it's been mentioned/rumored that a sequel could be in the works after this one. It's technically Cashcom doing something similar with Square Enix had done with the Final Fantasy XIII series, and that will forever continue to piss me off!
Old 2012-12-19, 22:08   Link #899
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Capcom and Square Enix both need wakeup calls. Capcom is going downhill right now. Sales aren't meeting expectations and their new development plan that they revealed earlier this year is only going to make things worse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ng-development

Personally I'm kinda done with FFXIII. The first two games were alright at best.

I wonder when we're actually gonna get Versus XIII?
Old 2012-12-19, 23:52   Link #900
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Capcom and Square Enix both need wakeup calls. Capcom is going downhill right now. Sales aren't meeting expectations and their new development plan that they revealed earlier this year is only going to make things worse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ng-development

Personally I'm kinda done with FFXIII. The first two games were alright at best.

I wonder when we're actually gonna get Versus XIII?
I still have hopes for Versus XIII, but overall I am just anticipating XV. I've been kind of 'over' the whole fighting game genre anyway since Soul Crapper V, and I have no desire to play any combination of the Tekken/Street Fighter x games.