Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-10, 06:56   Link #81
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

What I have to say about episode 1 is not much different from what the majority has already stated. So, I'll be short.

The beginning was quite "what the heck?! " , I understand stories starting from a point and then rewinding to the prequel, but at least make that start understandable. So, after 3-4 minutes of intense fog, the show became clearer to my eyes. But perhaps that wasn't a good idea and I was falling asleep as of minute 8.
Fortunately the moeness began and the episode quite reversed the way where it was previously headed. Bringing to a second half actually enjoyable and more pleasurable.
It certainly helps to have my favourite seiyuu number 3 (Nakahara Mai) as Karin.

First reference - So at it helps to have Tomoyo-ch ... err I mean Himeka, as the moeness queen.

On the left, Himeka, on the right Tomoyo (Card Captor Sakura). Uncanny resemblance.

Second reference - I actually was expecting Nakahara Mai - Karin to say "Omochikaeri!!" , meaning "(So cute) to bring it home!" , which was one of her top lines as Ryuugu Rena in Higurashi.

On the left, Karin saying "Kawaiii! Chotto Urayamashi-zo" ("Cute!! I'm a bit envious!") on the right Rena (Higurashi) in her "omochikaeri" mode. The fact they share the same seiyuu is hilarious.

I'll leave out the Pita Ten chardes similarities since Kazune clearly seems a copy of Ayanokouji , while the goddess version of Karin gets quite close to Misha.

Anyway, the twist at the ending was not bad, though I do wonder if the whole is my cup of tea. Decision delayed to episode 2. And as monir said, I'll have to put away the Pita Ten flag I had prepared despite the similar art design and general anticipations. Hopefully next time! ^^
Old 2007-04-10, 07:53   Link #82
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ i am certainly sticking with it. (un)fortunately i clicked on a link that directed me to the Wiki page and there i was hit by a HUGE manga spoiler. I got hugely spoiled, which is a bad thing... on the bright side - i now have all the motivation i need to follow this, because i definitely want to see how they deliver some of the stuff i consider pretty twisted from those spoilers. i foresee a lot of angst.
Old 2007-04-12, 06:44   Link #83
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
On the left, Himeka, on the right Tomoyo (Card Captor Sakura). Uncanny resemblance.
My thoughts exactly.

From the "Some things just don't translate well" department:

In the name of Uranus, we offer the ecstasy of love before you!

Also, since when was Hades a good guy who likes people offering love in his name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
5 seconds in to the OP my first thought was ... Rozen Maiden! This and the OP of RM are disturbingly similar
Again, my thought exactly. However, I like the original Rozen Maiden OP, and I like Noir's OP, and I like various other Ali Project pieces, but wow... this really illustrates (to me) their potential to make truly horrific music.
Old 2007-04-12, 14:13   Link #84
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Uhh, what, moe? You guys do know that this is shoujo, yes?
I'm gonna go and get the sixth volume asap, bought 4 and 5 a few days ago and am hooked.

I particularly liked the ED, by the way (only one to mention it?!). The OP just didn't match, as much as I like Ali Project, bleh.
Old 2007-04-14, 00:28   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Spoiler for episode 2:

So why have I watched this episode, I ask myself. That's because of Himeka-chan. Her cuteness just brightens my screen. As was my faith in something so cute as Himeka-chan, that I'm rewared once again. And this time the reward comes from the preview.

Spoiler for preview for episode 3:

Can I categorize Himeka-chan as a loli? I ask in case an expert is lurking in this thread who are very accurate at passing judgement if a cutie-pie can indeed be labeled as loli. This thread needs a few gifs and aviators dedicated to capturing Himeka-chan's petable cuteness.
Old 2007-04-14, 02:10   Link #86
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
[cut] ...This thread needs a few gifs and aviators dedicated to capturing Himeka-chan's petable cuteness.
How can one stay cold when a person open his heart this much ? XD
So here are some gifs and aviators of Himeka-ojousama ^^

Old 2007-04-14, 02:14   Link #87
Skane
Anime Snark

Good grief, those GIFs ooze with "disgusting" cuteness, and I mean that in a good way.

The Cute!
Old 2007-04-14, 04:13   Link #88
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Tomoyo GETTO! Tough choice between those two, though... both so adorable
Old 2007-04-14, 04:45   Link #89
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh my gods its Card Captor Sakura Remix. You know I actually really want to see some of this. I think I'll download as I have tons of space at the moment. Also like in CCS, from what I hear Karin has a penchant for inflicting bodly injury on those that upset her, kind of like Sakura with Touya. Will the similarities stop here? Hmmmmm..... Right then, now for sleep lest I do something stupid again when I'm tired (I already kind of have tonight)
Old 2007-04-14, 05:10   Link #90
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
I like the original Rozen Maiden OP, and I like Noir's OP, and I like various other Ali Project pieces, but wow... this really illustrates (to me) their potential to make truly horrific music.
Desho ? Really, most of Ali Project's "songs" are illustrations how to break rythm and melody into ugly cacofony, yet still be popular to no end. I believe the only decent piece they have is the ending in Geass.
Old 2007-04-14, 13:15   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Desho ? Really, most of Ali Project's "songs" are illustrations how to break rythm and melody into ugly cacofony, yet still be popular to no end. I believe the only decent piece they have is the ending in Geass.
Their songs all kind of sound the same I find. I heard the Geass one first and then I was watching Rozen Maiden and it sounded the same, so I sought out a video of the Traumend one and its pretty much the same song.

After seeing this one, it breaks the pattern and kind of sounds like a cross between 20's Swing Dancing and 20's Jazz.
Old 2007-04-14, 13:29   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
How can one stay cold when a person open his heart this much ? XD
Pelli, did I ever tell you that you are alright? Yes Pelli, you are alright. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Precisely my point. I could seriously do without their lyrics. The music itself are very rich, but the lyrics always turns me off from most of their songs which is why I fail to understand their popularity.
Old 2007-04-14, 19:05   Link #93
iwubanime
FMP wubber

i too thought the OP was like a cut-n-paste copy of RM, even though i haven't watched RM, i've seen the OP...

one thing that makes me wonder is i looked on anidb and this show has a rating of 5. something... i mean i know everyone has different tastes but yeesh...

But yeah, the first episode was interesting, I'm assuming that that was some sort of flashback. Although I have no idea
Old 2007-04-15, 12:10   Link #94
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Spoiler for preview for episode 3:
Oh,
Spoiler for Manga Volume 5!:

Gonna get the second episode now. >w<
Old 2007-04-15, 20:09   Link #95
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I was very disappointed with the animation this episode... episode 1 had a few off-moments, but episode 2 isn't even passable:
Spoiler:

I really hope things pick up next week... but I hope people enjoy the episode regardless x_X
Old 2007-04-15, 21:07   Link #96
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
I was very disappointed with the animation this episode... episode 1 had a few off-moments, but episode 2 isn't even passable:
Spoiler:
Kowaiiii~ desu!
Old 2007-04-15, 22:52   Link #97
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

OMG!!!

Spoiler for ep. 2:

I love the OP. I think it's better then RM's OP.
Old 2007-04-16, 00:58   Link #98
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
OMG!!!
Spoiler for ep. 2:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-16, 01:13   Link #99
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
Spoiler:

I really hope things pick up next week... but I hope people enjoy the episode regardless x_X
Oh Ma Gods, The Greys finally made the Alien/Human Hybrid and its "That Guy".

Also, has anyone noticed the lyrics to the opening song.

First Stanza "Darling Open Your Eyes, I want the treasure everybody's been fighting for so badly at the hall in the centre of this world. You can't escape from here, imprisoned pale-faced prince...for I am the goddess here" (Clearly showing that these are words coming from Karin)

Second Stanza "You have to fight for and poach everything, you'll surely fall into the trap I've laid. God do I want to tear you to pieces"

Also every further time Karin appears on the screen there are some creepy lyrics like "A Dark Virgin Mary resides in the nightless sky, writhe in the quicksand of my continuing delusions and reality crashing down". My reaction to this is the same is his.

"Darling raise your voice, if you want to return to earth as much as these demonic hands of mine want you, then let me tell your prayers are becoming nothing more than resounding echoes...."

After this point in Karin's little bit of threats and a superimposed picture of her looking really cute I was already terrified beyond words. I haven't even started the episode yet.

So am I supposed to assume that Karin is going to take this power and abuse it as some sort of psycopathic loli-girl with a goddess complex or something?

Watching the episode... WHAT THE....HELL?!

Spoiler:

Seriously, was this written by Strong Bad, either way I kind of like it.

Okay so Karin is kind of borderline psychotic and somewhere inbetween Sakura from CCS and Punie-Chan from Dai-Mahou Touge with a tilt towards punie. That said one major criticism I have of this series so far is that it has some of the laziest animation I have seen in a while. Hardly anything really moves and when it does its very little. Also when somebody is talking they constantly seem to be getting around showing lip flaps be it always showing the person who's listening, the ground, some object (Street Lamp) or a shot from an angle where the mouth is obscured (above the umbrella). Also the scene transitions seem to be almost Soap Opera Commerical Break like where everyone just kind of freezes in place (dramatic tension) as the show gets ready to go to commercial, except here they do it every time almost and it pauses for like 5 seconds or more instead of 2 like in a Star Trek episode. I hope this improves, but the idea that it occures in episode one (which is usually one of the best animated episodes of any series being the hook episode) worries me a bit. I suppose I can live with it though as the show is just way to damn goofy and bizarre.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-16 at 02:09.
Old 2007-04-16, 01:43   Link #100
Dandruff
Flakey

I would love for that to happen then xDD
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, magical girl, romance, satelight, shoujo