AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-23, 15:34   Link #7201
sergel02

^ rofl i wouldn't be surprised. With fictional characters its kinda hard since its all up to how the author writes them.

But i will go down with JellelxErza's ship. Love this couple. And no i don't think they kissed.

Anyway i found this chapter funny, through 4 pages of a not-quite-there kiss wasn't the best. Rofl they looked so pained in the end =P

Are we getting a new chapter next week or 2 weeks from now? The name of the next chapter sounds really interesting.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 15:55   Link #7202
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

aww... a kiss will seal everything and reach perfect ending... why should Jellal lie?? he's just a coward... lol

anyway... this is one of my favourite chapter... so romantic... xD
never expect this will happen in Fairy Tail
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 15:56   Link #7203
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
this is the FIRST serious romance happening in FT. I'm quite happy about it. let's hope it's just the beginning for Erza and Jelle rather than the end it suggested.
More like first serious romance for a main character because Alzack and Bisca since the series started went from having a crush on each other that the other one wasn't aware of to married and a kid.

I'm thinking from the way it looked Ezra and Jellal did kisse but really it doesn't matter Mashima definetly writing them as being in love but seperated and it will probably be quite awhile before they're really together.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:04   Link #7204
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Most of the Jellal/Erza thing has been said, so all I can say is that I agree it's not over. Either Jellal will find his atonement, or Erza will do something suitably dark to be with him in the end (I'm as bad as you now). Nice to find confirmation that there were feelings there, though, on both sides, and not just friendship.

Now, as for the rest, I feel bad for Droy. He's really fallen hard. And we have a bit of a confirmation from him (and Jet, in their profiles) that Levy does have feelings for Gajeel. Still don't quite like that ship, but eh. At least Jet's got himself a girlfriend. I would have liked to see both Jet and Droy undergo that magic increase as well, and become part of the main cast more. Specifically, I'd like to see Droy redeem himself and overcome his vice. I don't think we've really seen him fight, either. Before this chapter, I was trying to remember what Droy's magic was. I knew Jet's was speed, thanks to that race filler episode.

Did Erza undergo that magic power-up ritual? It almost doesn't look like it, but I think there was a line in there about how she recovered really quick. Either way, interested in seeing just how this magic power-up affected them. I think that's partially a reason we saw Natsu's new dragon fire/lightning breath beam thing; he could only fire off one before, and will probably be able to fire off several now. It was a way to show the increase.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 20:17   Link #7205
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Actually Erza did undergo it, but she experience something as drastic as the others. It seems that Erza has pretty much reached her potential. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd to last page, the others were wondering why Erza was perfectly fine.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 20:45   Link #7206
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Actually Erza did undergo it, but she experience something as drastic as the others. It seems that Erza has pretty much reached her potential. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd to last page, the others were wondering why Erza was perfectly fine.
I think it was more that she wasn't showing any pain while undergoing the ritual, unlike the others who were crippled by it. She's just as cool as a cucumber no matter the circumstances. (Except Happy!)

I'm giving props to Happy for ending the chapter with a laugh but, that being said, this romance between Gerard (Spell my name with an S) and Erza is starting to really drag on. How old is Gerard (Spell my name with an S) at this point? It must be approaching the number of times he's died, come back to life, and died again.

If Mashima is going to keep trolling, he might as well go super-troll and introduce a new mage out of nowhere, and have him (bonus points if its a girl) and Erza hook up. Or just totally troll and start a love triangle with Natsu/Erza/Lisanna, as I have no idea what the heck that would be about... but it would be a great trollolol. (Because right now, he's not built up anything plot heavy around this (its been resolved several times now as a pivot for plot development) ever-delayed romance, so its not like his previous works where it has an actual plot purpose that is interwoven into the story's climax. This is just trolling.)
Old 2011-12-23, 21:48   Link #7207
sergel02

I'm just excited to see Levy fight some. There has been no action this whole arc practically, so i hope we get tons of it soon.

BTW fairy tail sold i think somewhere around 200K last week.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 22:17   Link #7208
taichi-kun

This is the end of Jellal/erza pairing ... It's sad because they love each other.......
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 22:59   Link #7209
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Nah I don't think this is the end yet

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 23:15   Link #7210
taichi-kun

But she said .. this is our answer.. like separate paths..
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 23:53   Link #7211
Ryus
The One Eyed King

My prediction for next week... Happy discovers Bluenotes fate these past 7 years was being frozen in geosynchronous orbit. After all he never seemed to land after Gildarts hit him
Old 2011-12-24, 02:47   Link #7212
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I think Gildartz cracked the space/time continuum and sent Bluenote to Chuck Norris' house
Quote:
This is the end of Jellal/erza pairing ... It's sad because they love each other..
Expecting a lot out of those two in the future...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 03:09   Link #7213
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

While I don't believe this to be the end of Jellal/Erza, I do feel that this chapter, for most parts, resolves pretty much all the on-going drama that Erza and Jellal are going through in regards to each other's feelings and past demons.

They've basically decided to put behind all the hate behind, realise that they love each other, but at the same time, has resolved to walk different paths... but still to continue loving each other.

Bar Mashima suddenly deciding to throw this chapter's message into the drain further down, this chapter pretty much means that Jellal will never ever join Fairy Tail nor will Erza ever join 'Team Jellal.' When need arises, Erza and Jellal will be as close as parallel lines can get, but never actually touch each other. ( metaphorically speaking )

Will they get a happy ending where their separate paths meet? Most likely yes.

But that's stuff left for the last volume of Fairy Tail.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 03:23   Link #7214
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, I like the fact that Gerard still feels guilty about killing Simon, and that Erza hasn't forgotten about him - at least he's not a total douche and she's not stupidly in love with the guy. Now, whether or not they end up together, I cannot tell, mostly because I believe that Gerard will eventually meet his end somehow, in a very tragic/romantic way. Mashima loves impossible romance, and so do I
Spoiler for OT:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 16:00   Link #7215
kitten320

Not Jellal/Erza shipper so didn't really care. I actually was disappointed when it happened to be a lie about a finance =/
But I could see so many shipper expressions through the whole thing:
Erza and Jellal about to kiss
Still about to kiss
A kiss?!
I have a finance!
Fiance?!
FINACE?!
That's a lie!
YAAAAYYYY!

Lol that's called animal abuse, Erza!
Gotta love Happy
And I like how much Juvia got into Meredy, not counting Gray, Meredy is probably the oly person about whom Juvioa really cares now
Old 2011-12-26, 05:32   Link #7216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's been 5/6 days since the last chapter, and i'm still laughing my arse off at the last panel with Happy drawing the broken heart in the sand joke.
Old 2011-12-26, 18:02   Link #7217
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The only couple that I like in FT is Gray x Juvia
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 07:16   Link #7218
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNomNomRawr View Post
.................................................. ...
Spoiler:
I'm a little too late but... this is my exact opinion about the current chapter and Erza x Jellal. Of course, the credit goes to the original poster.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:52   Link #7219
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ I think Gildartz cracked the space/time continuum and sent Bluenote to Chuck Norris' house
nearly as funny as Jellal's "fiance"
Old 2011-12-27, 19:36   Link #7220
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
I'm a little too late but... this is my exact opinion about the current chapter and Erza x Jellal. Of course, the credit goes to the original poster.
I can't help but think of NomNom's rant as something Yosemite Sam from the ol Mel Blanc looney tunes days would say.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen