Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 19:01   Link #221
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
God, what can I say about this movie? There is so much that just defies logic.

A captain goes after the person that seals a relic in hot persuit and SS just brands him a traitor, this is like 1000 times worse then them doing the same thing with Orihime, at least with that there was some flimsy evidence she went willingly before they branded her. And then there were the random Anacarr twins working for a vizzard for no aparent reason.

Also did anyone understand how they both had the same sword? I mean they completely gloss over it.
And whats with c46? Is there a sign out front that says you must be this evil to join? The sad thing is I can't say they are out of charicter. I'm realy starting to think Azein did SS a favor by wipeing them out.

I'm I the only one that once they told what the seal's power was thought,"so it's Orihime in a can"?
Lol I just don't get why he couldn't work with Aizen. If he did then everythings set lol.
Old 2008-09-12, 22:24   Link #222
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
AI'm I the only one that once they told what the seal's power was thought,"so it's Orihime in a can"?

Actually Orihime is 1000 times more powerful than the Kings Seal...she can literally reject reality completely...while the Seal can only change time and space in a certain area...don't get me wrong...great stuff...but Orihime truly has the power of a God, not just the ability to move in time and space, she could erase time and space if she ever thought about it lol
Old 2008-09-13, 01:16   Link #223
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:

A captain goes after the person that seals a relic in hot persuit and SS just brands him a traitor, this is like 1000 times worse then them doing the same thing with Orihime, at least with that there was some flimsy evidence she went willingly before they branded her. And then there were the random Anacarr twins working for a vizzard for no aparent reason.

Also did anyone understand how they both had the same sword? I mean they completely gloss over it.
And whats with c46? Is there a sign out front that says you must be this evil to join? The sad thing is I can't say they are out of charicter. I'm realy starting to think Azein did SS a favor by wipeing them out.

I'm I the only one that once they told what the seal's power was thought,"so it's Orihime in a can"?

Dont have any problems with how SS acted in this matter, Hitsu dissapeared after the seal got stolen so they decided they best way was to capture him so they could question him. Then when they tried that he attacked them without giving any reasons and then SS changed the order to execute him if he resisted another capture.

Sure they could have acted slower, but from my point of view they only wanted to question him to find out wether he was involved or not, that he and the bad guy made it look like he was part of the theft cant be blamed on SS imo.

Central 46 are kinda ruthless, wouldnt say evil but they have their rules and are bent on following them to 100%. Evil no, heartless yes
Old 2008-09-13, 02:19   Link #224
Jays

Who cares just how stupid this movie was? If we attempt to criticize the reasons behind the story, then we come to a dead end. Just enjoy it; I thought it was entertaining at times, if not painfully cringe worthy at some moments, however you can't take it too seriously because in the end this is just for the fans.

With that being said things that I would have wanted to see, but alas to my surprise didn't make it.

1. Komamura against Kusaka's final form. Was anyone kinda pissed that the didn't do this, good Lord! Two brutal gaints going at each other.
2. I wish we could have seen the beat down those two little fruits got. I wanted to see Chad tear them a new one.
3. Old man Yama give that freak a shot as well.

Personally I thought the fanservice in this movie was rather terrible. In their attempts to create a movie with a "plot", they made a far worse movie than the first one. Uh, yeah and the fights were kinda lame, even if the movie was somewhat entertaining.

To quote Kenpachi this movie was "INTERESTING!!!!!"
Old 2008-09-13, 04:29   Link #225
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Far worse than the first movie? I didn't know movies could get any worse. The first had interesting potential but fell flat in the end, they just couldn't help but add some cheese.
Old 2008-09-13, 04:38   Link #226
saffy
English Butter

It was rancid cheese..
Damn.. I was really looking forward to this movie 'weeps'

Is there any hope for the third movie? I swear I'll kill em' if they ruin fade to black. Especially if they harm Rukia's current personality in any way.
Old 2008-09-13, 05:33   Link #227
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I thought it was okay. The only part I thought was bullshit was when Ikkaku Bankai'd in front of Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, Matsumoto, and I think Byakuya saw it when he came in a few seconds afterward too.
Old 2008-09-13, 13:49   Link #228
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I thought it was okay. The only part I thought was bullshit was when Ikkaku Bankai'd in front of Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, Matsumoto, and I think Byakuya saw it when he came in a few seconds afterward too.
Nah, Time line wise this has to thake place durring or after the HM arc since Chad and Ishida are useing the stuff they got durring that and Ichigo can control the mask. Ikkaku basicly let the cat out of the bag about his bankai durring Grim's first atack since the 12th squad was monatoring the fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus N View Post
Dont have any problems with how SS acted in this matter, Hitsu dissapeared after the seal got stolen so they decided they best way was to capture him so they could question him. Then when they tried that he attacked them without giving any reasons and then SS changed the order to execute him if he resisted another capture.
They place the whole squad under house arrest and then thier first words when they saw him is," You're under arrest". Lets try to put this in real world terms. It would be like a govenor placeing a whole police persenict on house arrest after the police chief goes after a thief that robs an armored car because he must be in leage with the robber and not doing his job to recover what was stolen.
Quote:
Sure they could have acted slower, but from my point of view they only wanted to question him to find out wether he was involved or not, that he and the bad guy made it look like he was part of the theft cant be blamed on SS imo.
The only thing that Hitsu did that got him and his squad placed on the arrest them not and don't talk to them list was he hid his power while going after the thief.

Quote:
Central 46 are kinda ruthless, wouldnt say evil but they have their rules and are bent on following them to 100%. Evil no, heartless yes
Did you miss them chanting Fight?
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2008-09-13 at 14:13.
Old 2008-09-13, 14:47   Link #229
Magnus N

Quote:
They place the whole squad under house arrest and then thier first words when they saw him is," You're under arrest". Lets try to put this in real world terms. It would be like a govenor placeing a whole police persenict on house arrest after the police chief goes after a thief that robs an armored car because he must be in leage with the robber and not doing his job to recover what was stolen.

The only thing that Hitsu did that got him and his squad placed on the arrest them not and don't talk to them list was he hid his power while going after the thief.

Did you miss them chanting Fight?
Can agree slightly that it may have been an exxageration putting the entire squad under arrest, but the order to capture hitsu is very much justified imo. He did behave in a suspuscious(sp?) way so that they wanted to have a chat with him is understandable

Forgot about the chanting, wouldnt call it evil though but more that they wanted to see a fight . If they where evil they wouldnt try and uphold the law etc.
Old 2008-09-13, 15:31   Link #230
Langus
Optimus Prime

Who says the law is right anyway? Any corrupt government can create a corrupt law - doesn't mean it's morally right.

I found Central 46's depiction to be very antiquarian in DDR. They were like the Romans in the Colosseum chanting for the warriors to fight purely for their own entertainment. Central 46 may have been a well organized tool of the SS state, but I think the whole point of that scene was to show the extent of the institution's corruption. SS is so much better off without it (IMO).
Old 2008-09-13, 17:52   Link #231
Magnus N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Who says the law is right anyway? Any corrupt government can create a corrupt law - doesn't mean it's morally right.

I found Central 46's depiction to be very antiquarian in DDR. They were like the Romans in the Colosseum chanting for the warriors to fight purely for their own entertainment. Central 46 may have been a well organized tool of the SS state, but I think the whole point of that scene was to show the extent of the institution's corruption. SS is so much better off without it (IMO).
Who to say the law isnt right ? Moral and law doesnt allways go hand in hand , they cant really be making judgements based on "does he deserve xxx" or not, they have a law and they make sure it is followed to 100% for good and bad.

It wasnt purley for their own entertainment, they wanted to "eliminate" 1 of the contenders for that zanpaktou. That they got carried away I agree but it was done according to the law.
Old 2008-09-13, 18:03   Link #232
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus N View Post
Who to say the law isnt right ? Moral and law doesnt allways go hand in hand , they cant really be making judgements based on "does he deserve xxx" or not, they have a law and they make sure it is followed to 100% for good and bad.

It wasnt purley for their own entertainment, they wanted to "eliminate" 1 of the contenders for that zanpaktou. That they got carried away I agree but it was done according to the law.
Laws are in a constant state of evolution and change to match the values of the society they represent.

Even with a film like this one there are subtle hidden messages if you take the time to look for them - this scene is one of them.

The Japanese are very strict with laws and rules and following them no matter how arbitrary they may sound to outsiders. It's just how they do things. Some of the younger generations see this approach as antiquated and regressive. In that scene in the movie we see two perspectives - the older established order of Central 46 saying 'the law is the law and therefore it must be followed' and the younger generation pointing out that the law is arbitrary and unfair and should be changed.

On a personal note, your last comment disturbs me a bit. Lots of injustices are committed in this world behind the shield of the law. It doesn't make them any more right, excusable or acceptable...
Old 2008-09-13, 18:28   Link #233
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Nah, Time line wise this has to thake place durring or after the HM arc since Chad and Ishida are useing the stuff they got durring that and Ichigo can control the mask. Ikkaku basicly let the cat out of the bag about his bankai durring Grim's first atack since the 12th squad was monatoring the fights
So you didn't hear the "Don't tell anyone!" bit in the movie?

And the stupid part of it was, Hitsugaya and Matsumoto(probably Ichigo's team too) were the ones in the real world he was hiding it from at first. Then he up and Bankai'd in front of them? That's bull shiz -_-
Old 2008-09-14, 15:19   Link #234
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
@Mr. DJ...I am. I have time to kill.
and what does the OD Jury think of the movie?
Old 2008-09-15, 02:44   Link #235
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
So, Hitsugaya critically injures like half of SS (even at one point says, "you're a DEAD man") and because the reasoning was "he wanted to fight this by himself", that makes everything okay? No big deal? Off the hook? Yea...okay.

If Shinigami can fly, why did Renji need to use his bankai as a ladder for Rukia and Ichigo? Not to mention how the fu*k he appeared at the top with them right after.

Ikkaku showing his Bankai was ridiculous and might really fuc*k with the continuity later on.

So, was Kusaka an Arrancar? i mean, he WAS reborn in Hueco Mundo....meaning wont he be born there again and the cycle be repeated? And yea, wtf was up with his two girl posse that wanted to help him for.....no apparent reason.

Am I the only who thinks its lame when the hero defeats the villain without going all out? I mean Ichigo went hollow, did his work, then went un-hollow like it was nothing. No blood, no sweat even. Seemed like an easy kill and took the climax away.

I'll think of more later. Seriously though, aside from a few cool battle scenes, this movie was an epic FAIL.
Old 2008-09-15, 06:59   Link #236
BleachOD
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
and what does the OD Jury think of the movie?
That was the dumbest movie I ever saw. The plot half-baked...no they put no thought into it at all. "We don't need two" that the dumbest thing I ever heard

Everyone was OOC, the animation was shit! Hitsugaya got on my nerves. How stupid did they have him acting?! He's smart enough to know he can't do shit in that condition why didn't he get healed first?! How much blood does a Shinigami have? Should he at least got anemia, or bleed to death?! It was boring just watching him stumble around.

Kusaka looked like Orochimaru and Gin's love child
Byakuya gave Ichigo a tender look and smile...WTF
Those Arrancar sucked and they pissed me off how they hurt Ichigo that first time with the fire, electric, snowball.
Ichigo and Hitsu talking seemed weird.

In SS...Ukitake gave the worst "It's not your fault "speech ever.
Ikkaku goes Bankai was really OOC. "Everyone please keep it a secret"

The whole time everyone was bound by the law of uninterruptable metamorphosis...I was thinking. "Er...Ryujinjakka should melt this guy"
Yamaji and everyone was acting like imbeciles. Why didn't some of them go at least Shikai?! Damn those anime laws!

The fight scene was the best worst battle I ever saw. It was like a Royal Shinigami Rumble...but it was enjoyable. Ichigo not using a lot of power was cool. I would have been really pissed if he would struggled.

Zaraki saying "This is freaking awesome", and the captains all fighting was the best part! Rukia was really bad assed too.

I say ...it was the worst 90 mins of my life and I had to fight to stay awake.

Matsu was the only one who looked good...for that they should die!

I liked the ending...that was the best. It went off...
Old 2008-09-15, 09:20   Link #237
Langus
Optimus Prime

You can't say I didn't warn you about the bad Ichigo animation... *sigh*
Old 2008-09-15, 09:48   Link #238
Gemstar
Banned

That movie was a lame filler. That movie wasn't in the manga and alot of stuff didn't make sense. And Ichigo always has to be the one to win in the movies. Only him
Old 2008-09-15, 15:55   Link #239
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Laws are in a constant state of evolution and change to match the values of the society they represent.

Even with a film like this one there are subtle hidden messages if you take the time to look for them - this scene is one of them.

The Japanese are very strict with laws and rules and following them no matter how arbitrary they may sound to outsiders. It's just how they do things. Some of the younger generations see this approach as antiquated and regressive. In that scene in the movie we see two perspectives - the older established order of Central 46 saying 'the law is the law and therefore it must be followed' and the younger generation pointing out that the law is arbitrary and unfair and should be changed.
I can even understand a strict adherence to the law from shinigami. Their job isn't law-making, nor do they have the qualifications/right to do so. I can understand them feeling that if one truly trusts one's leaders, one can't cherrypick which laws to follow. Otherwise what's to stop chaos erupting in society as everyone rebels (Byakuya's philosophy for obeying Rukia's execution order, essentially)?

Soldiers carry out their orders, the policy making is left to the politicians. It's another question whether leaders should be trusted blindly, but at least it's a defensible philosophy.

On the other hand, the Central 46 make the laws, according to the social good. They can change the way things work, and for them not to do so because "the law must be followed" is a shameful abandonment of responsibility they have as leaders. The more I see of the Central 46, the gladder I am that they're dead.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-09-16 at 13:38.
Old 2008-09-15, 15:59   Link #240
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Ikkaku showing his Bankai was ridiculous and might really fuc*k with the continuity later on.
sometimes I wonder if people need to get hit over the head w/ a piece of wood that has a nail in the end to understand that movies don't constitute any continuity w/ the anime series whatsoever.

Quote:
That movie wasn't in the manga
my brain hurts...

Quote:
Zaraki saying "This is freaking awesome", and the captains all fighting was the best part! Rukia was really bad assed too.
when things are looking grim, leave it to Kenpachi to make the movie bearable

::hides behind OD to regain composure::

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2008-09-15 at 16:21.
Closed Thread