AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2016-09-18, 18:50   Link #1861
Narumi
*Fansubber

Question: Why does the author have a WN and a LN version anyway?

You'd think that once the contract's there for a print version, they'd prevent the author from continuing to publish his stories online so that they could move more sales? Especially with how popular it is now.

Or are the publishers just happy with being the "reprint" version and a compilation of the web novels at intermittent intervals and just drawings sales from that aspect?
Old 2016-09-18, 18:58   Link #1862
Narumi
*Fansubber

Also regarding the plot point that
Spoiler:

What timeframe did that even happen anyway? Because as far as we know,
Spoiler:
Old 2016-09-18, 21:53   Link #1863
anon42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last episode lacked meat and pain. It also showed what Nagatsuki Tappei meant by calling this creation "heartwarming". No Subaru being sent back to his original realm after reaching a "happy end", no Subaru being sealed instead of Satella after absorbing too much of witch genes, no Subaru being permanently sent far into the past to become Flugel, no other goodies of similar ilk.

Well, I just hope the author continues writing the web novel. Otherwise it will take time for the light novels to catch up.
anon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 00:38   Link #1864
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 04:16   Link #1865
Jorna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Well as bakato said, the anime is aimed anime only viewer s to begin with.

In other news...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...hank-you-posts
True but of they make a season 2 and on the very first episode they introduced "THAT" man that would be crazy start.
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 11:34   Link #1866
RDNexus

What the heck?

ANN: Re:Zero Novel Ad: "TV Anime's Sequel" is in the Novels
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 11:37   Link #1867
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Don't read too deep into it. They are capitalizing on the anime popularity to boost the novel sales. It's not like they get anything from promoting an hypothetical anime S2 when it's still years off.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 11:43   Link #1868
RDNexus

There's also people out there saying the Anime adapted only up to LN8 and that LN9 onwards are the "sequel" to the series.
Yeah, they're now trying to capitalize on the Anime's popularity, given they'll need a nice bunch of further LNs out and nicely sold before they can even start to think about a Season2. That is, if they intend to do another 2cour
Old 2016-09-19, 11:52   Link #1869
konart

>they're now trying to capitalize on the Anime's popularity

The whole purpose of anime is to promote original (if we are talking about adaptation ofc) and\or merch.
Old 2016-09-19, 13:21   Link #1870
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

OK, between Rem and Emilia, a lot of places I have seen online favor Rem for Natsuki. While people can decide who their OTP is, which girl does Natsuki have a stronger rapport/relationship in the novels? I ask this because my preferred ships are usu. the male/female protagonists and such ships tend to be the ones that have the strongest bond/relationship.

I read some places that Emilia doesn't get enough screen time in the anime. If Emilia is the female protagonist, then overall she should be getting more appearances in the web/light novels. Similar to how in SAO 2, Asuna did get less screen time but is the overall female protagonist.
Old 2016-09-19, 13:30   Link #1871
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
OK, between Rem and Emilia, a lot of places I have seen online favor Rem for Natsuki. While people can decide who their OTP is, which girl does Natsuki have a stronger rapport/relationship in the novels? I ask this because my preferred ships are usu. the male/female protagonists and such ships tend to be the ones that have the strongest bond/relationship.

I read some places that Emilia doesn't get enough screen time in the anime. If Emilia is the female protagonist, then overall she should be getting more appearances in the web/light novels. Similar to how in SAO 2, Asuna did get less screen time but is the overall female protagonist.
You're kind of strange but... Subaru and Emilia are the main characters of the story. The plot is being driven by Subaru helping Emilia after all.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 13:32   Link #1872
RDNexus

Apparently, from Arc4 onwards Emilia starts gaining standing as heroine.
Well, considering that Rem is down for now, she has free pass to stand taller.
Old 2016-09-19, 19:16   Link #1873
haseo0408

The way they tease us with the sequel being in the light novels! Still considering how fast they´re releasing the volume I say a second season would be in about 2-3 yers more or less; no way this story is not going to get an anime sequel after this much succes, we just have to wait patiently.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 04:13   Link #1874
Legis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post

Rem's longest presence is Arc 3. Emilia appears a lot in Arc 4 as she's the heroine after all.
Legis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 05:57   Link #1875
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
You're kind of strange but... Subaru and Emilia are the main characters of the story. The plot is being driven by Subaru helping Emilia after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Apparently, from Arc4 onwards Emilia starts gaining standing as heroine.
Well, considering that Rem is down for now, she has free pass to stand taller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legis View Post
Rem's longest presence is Arc 3. Emilia appears a lot in Arc 4 as she's the heroine after all.
Emilia has never stopped bring the heroine even in Arc 3 since the plot never loses sight of her.

-Pretty much everything in the story has revolved around her or Subaru.
-Arc 3 is the only arc where she had a limited presence (since she is not the POV character) and even then that was just towards the middle portion. Despite that she still mentioned a lot by various characters. Once Rem moves out of her brief limelight she barely brought up outside Subaru and those few who know her, nor does she move the plot like Emilia does. The effects of her actions are primarily directed at Subaru.
-It's pretty common for secondary characters to have their development and backstory frontloaded incomparison to the MCs whose have done gradually over the story. Case in point by the time of Arc 3 we still know more about Rem and Wilhelm than we do Subaru until Arc 4. Subaru's POV is main reason we are still able have more have understanding of him than any other character and still gain development despite that. Afterall, Subaru and Emilia are probably the only characters who aren't going anywhere.

Basically, Rem's bigger than usual presence in Arc 3 tend to be overselled a bit even though it onlu occurred under special circumstances and lasted a short period of time.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-09-21 at 00:52.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 06:09   Link #1876
Azurial

Me wait patiently for Arc 7 kappa XD and Arc 6 to fully complete.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 10:10   Link #1877
Legis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Emilia has never stopped bring the heroine even in Arc 3 since the plot never loses sight of her.
Yeah and this is quite common with other series too. The absence of one of the main leads for a brief time doesn't strip them of that title in any form. Rem is a pretty important secondary character, though her most crucial role yet has been fulfilled in Arc 3.
Old 2016-09-20, 16:16   Link #1878
sion21

To novel reader, is Ram really in that kind of relationship with the clown dude?
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 17:19   Link #1879
Legis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion21 View Post
To novel reader, is Ram really in that kind of relationship with the clown dude?
Well, she loves him.
Old 2016-09-20, 19:14   Link #1880
bakato

Anyone curious about the EX novel? frogkun's posted his impression and it's full of spoilers! Read it here!

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel