AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Hope Episode Rating
Perfect 10 8 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 15.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 15.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-03-22, 11:43   Link #101
FFTHEWINNER

Finished the Hope Episode

-so out of no where we see the "Ultimate assault team" land,which sounds pretty intriguing,except that they are brainwashed too somehow and we wont get to know anything at all about them and they are used as cannon fodder for the 77ers instead >_>. what a waste of an intriguing concept. they should have landed with Togami instead, that way we would have at least gotten a glimpse of who they were. also,no clue where that dinosaur robot came from >_>.

-the Nagito "Pebbles" scene and how V2 took Munakata's look were funny scenes though XD. also,Nagito's arm confirmed to have been changed,and Byakuya V2 kept changing shapes throughout the episode: First Munakata,then Ryota,then Back to Byakuya,which was a nice touch. sucks that we didnt get to see him interact with the original Byakuya though,as it would have been a nice scene,especially considering how much V2 revered him in DR2. would have also been funny if they had interacted while V2 was in Byakuya's look XD

-Nice DR2 reference with the Minimarus XD

-WHY THE HELL is Mikan back to normal??!! First,she was the only one who had her personality changed instead of simply mindwashed. Second,in DR2 she knew she was in a VR and was willing to kill and die to go to her beloved,which is Junko. there is absolutely NO REASON for her to be anything but an ROD right now,as the NWP that saved the rest completely failed in her case because, again, unlike the rest, she wasnt brainwashed. she should have been the only one of them who is still an ROD through and through,so it legit pisses me off that she seems to be normal again,despite every single thing that ever happened to her saying that she should still be a ROD.

-also,in the end Naegi was completely useless lol. he didnt even confront Ryota. Seriously,the ONLY thing that he did in the entire Future/Hope Arc was convincing Munakata,and even if that hadnt happened Munakata would have still been apprehended by Byakuya and the 77ers,so if Naegi literally wasnt even involved pretty much nothing would have changed.
It is Astonishing tbh. at the very first episode it was clearly stated that this would be the final battle between Monokuma and Naegi,yet neither Monokuma nor Naegi actually did s*** in this whole thing. bloody damn that is disappointing >_>

-Seems like Naegi is really short too,considering the height difference between him and Hinata,or Hinata is just a giant lol

-I wonder what Mikan wanted to say before Nagito pushed her aside lol

-the "ROD admission" scene pissed me off. i understood why they did it,but this way their "future" that they keep talking about will never happen,because the whole world now,including almost all of the Future Foundation, still sees them as their old ROD selves. there was also literally no need for them all to appear. just have a single one of them declare his responsibility and the goal would have been achieved without hurting the rest of them. where the hell will they build their "future" now? back to the same bloody island?

-their explanation as to how AI Chiaki was created was nice but completely contradictory,as in DR2 Chiaki clearly stated she has "a father"(singular)and "an older brother"(Alter Ego most likely),which strongly hinted at Chihiro designing her,but fully confirmed that only one guy designed her,which is the exact opposite of what she said here.

-aaand Kirigiri is back in the last 1.30minutes of the show >_>. that is simply BS that was done for the sake of pandering to the crowd,as there is no doubt that they would have noticed when they were hugging her if she was simply in a coma from her breath,heart beat,etc.

-however,the counts makes no sense whatsoever now. counting Hagakure in, it had been perfectly consistent up until now,but how the hell were there 6 left in Future Episode 10 if she was alive?? that simply doesnt work anymore and is a big plothole,as that count was depended upon to figure out who is alive and who isnt.

-so from the last shot it seems like they are preparing the HPA to be used once more with Naegi being the Dean? you'd think the school that was directly responsible for world destruction wouldnt exactly be a place that people would want to go to anymore,let alone look up to >_>. guess class 80 and so on will come soon and f*** the world up again lol.

-a few of the many plotholes and questions that this episode left unresolved:
--why did Munakata say at the end of the first episode when he saw chisa's body "tell me yukizome,I am not mistaken,am I?"? that line makes no sense now.
--why did Tengan tell Munakata "Is that why you sacrificed chisa?" when he didnt sacrifice her?
--how did Hinata and co acquire a ship and escape from all the attacking ships? alternatively,how did they defeat all the ships?
--and many many more.

overall,the episode was pretty much just fan service,and it caused more questions and plotholes than it answered. originally after watching it i was going to give it a 5,but now that i thought about it a 4 is a more fitting rating. Future Arc,which literally only had ONE good episode (episode 6) is a 2 (would have been a 3 if not for the worst,most despair inducing, DR episode of all time,AKA episode 7), and Despair Arc is an 8,which is,funnily enough, the same rating i gave DR2 lol XD. also, for reference,DR1 was a 9 and DR:UDG a 7.5

DRV3 is next,but not immediately as i have had enough "plot twists" for now and dont want to become burned out. I am certain it wont be long until i start it though lol
FFTHEWINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-13, 08:40   Link #102
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm starting to think Kyoko was the creator's pet which is why Kodaka didn't kill her but wanted to her to have an impactful role.