AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-09-21, 00:02   Link #1
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Browser Problem

My current browser sometimes does not load random sites that I want to open for no apparent reason. I currently use Opera, but other browsers such as FF, IE, and Safari does not work as well. The other computers in my house do not have this problem at all, so iunno what is the problem.

Sorry if I'm extremely vague, so do not be afraid to as any questions. Thank you for any help given.

P.S, an example of a website that does not work (even though I do not use it) is http://www.glencoe.com/ (School related website)
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:05   Link #2
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

Are you using a beta version? All beta version browsers break connections within 10-20 minutes.
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:39   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Works just fine for me.
Opera 9.60 beta Build 10421
Old 2008-09-21, 10:21   Link #4
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Works just fine for me.
Opera 9.60 beta Build 10421
Some computers work ohers don't. I suspect a computer compatibility issue or network problems.

Since the other comuters work fine... computer incompatibility?
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 10:47   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'd have to say more along the lines of operating system incompatibility.
Of course in essence I think it's a network problem.
Old 2008-09-21, 11:36   Link #6
Rawgers
Nyaa~

I'm using Opera version 6.52, so yeah. I don't believe this problem is with either the network or system since it worked before (around 3 months ago).

I tried going on the Opera website but it did not work as well. So it might have started not so long ago.
Old 2008-09-21, 12:02   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Opera: o960s_10433m

So what if worked before. Maybe some files are curupt now, etc.
Is this just a problem with Opera?
Old 2008-09-21, 12:20   Link #8
Rawgers
Nyaa~

^ Thanks for the beta version.

Well, as I mentioned above, IE, Firefox, and Safari seem to all have this same exact problem.
Old 2008-09-21, 15:55   Link #9
bayoab

What specific error do you get in firefox or do you just get a blank screen?
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 16:00   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Probably timeout. To get blank screen you really need for the other side to send you at least some butchered header.

I could be wrong...
Old 2008-09-21, 16:37   Link #11
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Okay, for the errors this is what happens. I'll try to load the website, and a blank page for around a minute then I get an error.
This is what the errors say
Spoiler for Firefox Error:

Spoiler for Safari Error:

Spoiler for Opera Error:

Also, for Opera, when I tried to enable synchronization, it got this error
"Opera link connection error"
Dunno if that is revelant at all, but I have a feeling it is.
Old 2008-09-22, 03:19   Link #12
Tiberium Wolf

Mind telling us how do you have the computers set up? I mean are they in lan? How do they access net?
Old 2008-09-22, 08:03   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

These errors usually mean the computer in question can't "resolve" names into IP addresses. If the computers are behind a firewall router, the router usually tells the computers what "domain name servers" they need to use to resolve names during startup. If you happened to configure the IP address on this machine manually, rather than using "DHCP," you'd have needed to tell it the IP addresses of the name servers to use.

In addition, Windows caches name service information on each local computer and doesn't forget errors until rebooted. I assume you've already tried rebooting this computer, but if not, that's the first thing you should do.

On the balky machine, open a terminal window (Start > type "cmd" in the box > OK). Then type the command:
>ipconfig /all
and look to see what you have for DNS servers. Do the same thing on a functioning machine. Do they match?

The worst-case scenario is that you installed some type of malware that reset your name service information. Often this is done to trick people into visiting sites (like online banking) that look legitimate but are designed to steal people's credentials. Let's hope that's not your problem.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 19:09   Link #14
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Mind telling us how do you have the computers set up? I mean are they in lan? How do they access net?
This computer is connected wireless to a router. The other computer (who has no problems) is directly connected to the router.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
These errors usually mean the computer in question can't "resolve" names into IP addresses. If the computers are behind a firewall router, the router usually tells the computers what "domain name servers" they need to use to resolve names during startup. If you happened to configure the IP address on this machine manually, rather than using "DHCP," you'd have needed to tell it the IP addresses of the name servers to use.
I believe it is connected using DHCP (since ipconfig /all said that it is enabled) Correctly if I'm wrong on this though.
In addition, Windows caches name service information on each local computer and doesn't forget errors until rebooted. I assume you've already tried rebooting this computer, but if not, that's the first thing you should do.
It has not been working for a few months so this is probably not the issue
On the balky machine, open a terminal window (Start > type "cmd" in the box > OK). Then type the command:
>ipconfig /all
and look to see what you have for DNS servers. Do the same thing on a functioning machine. Do they match?
They do match. I currently use "Open dns"

The worst-case scenario is that you installed some type of malware that reset your name service information. Often this is done to trick people into visiting sites (like online banking) that look legitimate but are designed to steal people's credentials. Let's hope that's not your problem.
Perhaps some malware infected this computer, but no worries about personal information since I do not do that on this computer.
Thanks for any help.
Old 2008-09-22, 20:36   Link #15
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
This computer is connected wireless to a router. The other computer (who has no problems) is directly connected to the router.
Have you tried connecting the problematic PC directly to the router? Just to rule out the culprit.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:46   Link #16
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Sorry I have not been responding for a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Have you tried connecting the problematic PC directly to the router? Just to rule out the culprit.
Eh, the problem with this is, first it is a hassle to bring toward the router, and second off, (sorry, dunno know computer parts, but that thingie you put the interent plug to directly connect is not in the computer, but rather somewhere else which I have no idea where.)

Other websites not seeming to work,

Not trying to sound naggy, but this problem is getting rather annoying.
Old 2008-09-30, 14:02   Link #17
Gemstar
Banned

My web pages sometimes do not load. If one does not load I refresh about 3 times, then it works. Why does that keep happening ? And I cannot install Firefox I deleted some profile and it would refuse to install.
Gemstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 17:35   Link #18
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Eh, the problem with this is, first it is a hassle to bring toward the router, and second off, (sorry, dunno know computer parts, but that thingie you put the interent plug to directly connect is not in the computer, but rather somewhere else which I have no idea where.)
That thingie (the Ethernet cable) must be connected to the router... In any case, you could try moving the PC over there if you don't have a longer cable.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 18:21   Link #19
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Well, yesterday, it all of a sudden started to work. It worked all the way until today around this time. The only changes I did to the computer was the following...

The Computer Directly Connected - Mozilla Firefox was not working for some odd reason(did not connect to sites),which occured yesterday, but IE worked fine. So I uninstalled Firefox and installed Opera for that computer.

Now this computer (wireless) does not seem to connect to the certain sites once again.

So I'm guessing it has something relating to the above, if not, iunno what I will do...