AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-08-26, 23:20   Link #5421
InfinityDragonGod
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Big spoilers from gacha game
__________________
FGO ID (NA): 879 057 690
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-26, 23:30   Link #5422
Doriankaioh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDragonGod View Post
Big spoilers from gacha game
Bell is alfia's nephew, now I understand why bell is so talented
Doriankaioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 00:19   Link #5423
EvI
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doriankaioh View Post
Bell is alfia's nephew, now I understand why bell is so talented
It's the opposite. Bell has no talent, just fast growth speed, he himself stated this. This is explained that his parents were actually normal people without any talent. (which is the opposite of so many shounen whose protagonists have some heroic father or mother or both).

His father was a supporter and the weakest of Zeus familia with only his speed as remarkable and his mother was sickly, weak and ordinary without a drop of talent and only had her pure kindness as remarkable that even Hera, of all people loved her deeply trying to keep her alive as long as possible. Alfia stated that she "took" Myrtella talent when they were in their mother womb while Myrtella took the kindness(which she would pass on to her son).

I laughed when Zard said that Bell father went to peek at the women bathing together with Zeus, in volume 3 it's mentioned Zeus became a legend in peeking the goddesses bath(referenced at least no name mentioned) but it seems Bell father was a part of this episode xD. And Zard and Alfia thought Bell father went totally crazy when he impregnated Myrtella who was of Hera familia of all familias. Feels like Bell father personality is closer to original Argonaut while Bell took his mother personality despite being the Argonaut reincarnation himself.

Last edited by EvI; 2020-08-27 at 00:54.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-30, 14:53   Link #5424
ozman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Spoiler for spoiler:
ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 00:09   Link #5425
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
It's the opposite. Bell has no talent, just fast growth speed, he himself stated this. This is explained that his parents were actually normal people without any talent. (which is the opposite of so many shounen whose protagonists have some heroic father or mother or both).
Bell is a monster talent in terms of combat, he essentially learned the necessary fighting skills of adventures who's been fighting for years in a couple of months, improvises new weapons in the heat of combat (something he inherited from Alfia) and adapted to new monsters he's never seen before almost instantly when he fell down to the 37th floor which surprised even Ryu. Bell having Liaris Freese is just a reflection of his talent. Also shit like Genos Angelus which has a bell chiming effect similar to Argonaut and Bell having short chant spells which no one besides him and Alfia have so far is more indication that Bell's talent came from Alfia's side. Of course Bell himself won't acknowledge how incredibly talented he is because he's stupidly humble.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 00:31   Link #5426
EvI
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Bell is a monster talent in terms of combat, he essentially learned the necessary fighting skills of adventures who's been fighting for years in a couple of months, improvises new weapons in the heat of combat (something he inherited from Alfia) and adapted to new monsters he's never seen before almost instantly when he fell down to the 37th floor which surprised even Ryu. Bell having Liaris Freese is just a reflection of his talent. Also shit like Genos Angelus which has a bell chiming effect similar to Argonaut and Bell having short chant spells which no one besides him and Alfia have so far is more indication that Bell's talent came from Alfia's side. Of course Bell himself won't acknowledge how incredibly talented he is because he's stupidly humble.
He's not a genius swordsman like Aiz or a genius strategist like Finn that is what i meant. All the "talent" you mentioned is a result of his fast growth which is not physical but emotional which means has nothing to do with natural talent, the stronger his feelings the faster his growth on the other hand remove it and he stagnates how can you call this "natural talent" when it's relied on emotions?

That is why Bell is different from Alfia. Even if he were a level 7 like her i doubt he would be able to casually copy a sword technique he saw ONCE. His speed to adapt to new situations is another proof of this since he doesn't have a talent to being stuck he can change strategies fast, as for the bell sound and fast magic they need some connetion right? xD.
All Bell can do is explore his mediocriness , while using his fast growth(emotional fueled btw) as a base to catch up to the REAL geniuses and being teached, influenced and guided by them. Bell could be considered the king of mediocres while Alfia is the queen of talents. Using Fate franchise as a example Bell is like Emiya, no natural talent for combat but can still fight with monsters like Arturia, Cu Chulainn and Heracles. Of course we could stay here argumating whether his fast growth is talent or not but i won't change my opnion tho.


BTW Oomori(the author for those that don't know) released an "Alfia what if" on his twitter where Alfia and Zald choose to stay with Bell after acidentally meeting him in person as a child, instead of being part of this plan "to be evils to fuel the birth of heroes"... And i got to say i cried again(this story is bringing so many mainly tears to me). Why couldn't it be official WHY.... They were so happy, Bell finally had a true mother and uncle figure in his life while learning of his real parents and Alfia was so adorable with her clumsy motherhood and kindness (she beating Zeus and Bell while Zald pretend to not see anything and destroying the house, 10 times in total btw, was hilarious tho) clearly a happy ending and new beginning for them where they didn't need to taint themselves with evil and become eternal sinners to the world, and where the result of Bell wishing to be a hero didn't change, even Erebeus was more satisfied with this. Instead we got that tragedy for main(real) timeline where they never meet... F*ck life... :ī(

Last edited by EvI; 2020-09-04 at 02:53.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 01:36   Link #5427
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
He's not a genius swordsman like Aiz or a genius strategist like Finn that is what i meant. All the "talent" you mentioned is a result of his fast growth which is not physical but emotional which means has nothing to do with natural talent, the stronger his feelings the faster his growth on the other hand remove it and he stagnates how can you call this "natural talent" when it's relied on emotions?

That is why Bell is different from Alfia. Even if he were a level 7 like her i doubt he would be able to casually copy a sword technique he saw ONCE. His speed to adapt to new situations is another proof of this since he doesn't have a talent to being stuck he can change strategies fast, as for the bell sound and fast magic they need some connetion right? xD.
All Bell can do is explore his mediocriness , while using his fast growth(emotional fueled btw) as a base to catch up to the REAL genius and being teached, influenced and guided by them. Bell could be considered the king of mediocres while Alfia is the queen of talents. Using Fate franchise as a example Bell is like Emiya, no natural talent for combat but can still fight with monsters like Arturia, Cu Chulainn and Heracles. Of course we could stay here argumating whether his fast growth is talent or not but i won't change my opnion tho.
His fast growth skill only influences status, it doesn't have anything to do with him learning combat skills or improvising new weapons despite never using it before. Again Bell's basically a adventurer for a couple of months and there's no difference between his combat skills/techniques and experienced adventures who's been fighting for years. See volume 6 where narration said that he straight up caught up with Hyacinthus not only in status but also in technique/strategy with only a week+ training from Aiz/Tiona. Or go to volume 14 to see how quickly Bell adjusts to monsters he's never seen before while being extremely fatigued and injured after just fighting the juggernaut. Or how he instantly figures out how to effectively use his Goliath Muffler as both a whip and a improvised shield. Or how he basically invents Argo Vesta. That's straight up talent no matter which way you cut it.

I also don't think your Bell/Emiya analogy is accurate. Bell is straight up a better fighter than almost everyone in the same level as him whether it be status, abilities or technique and his experience in fighting is only a couple months. It took Emiya many, many years as a Counter Guardian to develop the necessary techniques to fight people stronger than him.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 08:52   Link #5428
Geiz revive
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
What if story really bring me tear out
Geiz revive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 04:49   Link #5429
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Bell's "thing" is his obsessive desire. His special skill would never have been created otherwise.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 01:54   Link #5430
Tri-ring
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Any news about volume 16?
Scheduled to be released on October 20,2020

https://7net.omni7.jp/detail/1107113743-1107113743
Here is a short synopsis in Japanese;

Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 01:59   Link #5431
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
That's the website's shipping date or something. The actual release date is October 14th.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-09, 11:05   Link #5432
Soulwarfare42
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Scheduled to be released on October 20,2020

https://7net.omni7.jp/detail/1107113743-1107113743
Here is a short synopsis in Japanese;

Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
Well basically Syr has invited Bell on a date for the Goddess Festival. Some crazy stuff is going to happen between the Hostess of Fertility, Ais and the Freya familia. Probably the favor that Ais owes Freya might come into play here. Also some evil threat is looming around Syr.

Sounds interesting
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-09, 20:20   Link #5433
Geiz revive
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Can someone translate the synopsis for vol 16 ?
Geiz revive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 19:54   Link #5434
EvI
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brazil
Spoiler for Spoiler:


Here it comes. (Finally after 9 years of forum i learned to post images xD)
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 05:21   Link #5435
n0m@n
C-Z
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I really like the cover.
Bell is in danger huh.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 22:17   Link #5436
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geiz revive View Post
Can someone translate the synopsis for vol 16 ?
As requested.

Spoiler for translation:
__________________
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 01:14   Link #5437
ozman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I really like the cover.
Bell is in danger huh.
Vol 16 will be the most dangerous arc for bell.jealousy of goddess and one-sans
Wrath upon on him...
Is it wrong trying to pick up dear bell from the his home?
ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-22, 19:28   Link #5438
n0m@n
C-Z
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozman View Post
Vol 16 will be the most dangerous arc for bell.jealousy of goddess and one-sans
Wrath upon on him...
Is it wrong trying to pick up dear bell from the his home?
Lol, perhaps we can see the whole capture Bell game just like in volume 7.

Atleast Phryne isnt involved in this arc this time. .....Unless she revives from the dead(?) and gets involved.


I assume Ottar would also join to capture Bell under Freya's command. Perhaps this would lead Bell to level up to level 5 by being able to run away from Ottar (level 7) till the end. ...Well, its hard to see Bell's stats limit break from just that.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 07:14   Link #5439
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
How is Bell holding up currently after the Xenos incident?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-02, 09:54   Link #5440
Hata
時の異邦人
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Emerald City
https://r.binb.jp/epm/e1_157945_01092020145015/

Looks like we will get developments to both Ais and Syrís history.
__________________
2020 Fall: Danmachi 3, Kuma^3 Bear, Mahouka 2, Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, magic, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.