AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-08-01, 05:48   Link #6781
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

We seriously need more harem ending......
The OTP ending is like poking into a hornet nest , we already saw how people go extreme salty when the girl they want don't win ( and yes i was one of them ) .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 06:03   Link #6782
DanielSong39

Well it goes beyond shipping, it has something to do with the writing too.

In Hundred, Claire was a better written character than Emilia, the author made more effort to make her likable.

In Infinite Stratos, Houki had her chance to get with Ichika before any of the other girls showed up, and never got past the friend zone. Not to mention her violent abusive temperamental side, which never got fixed.

As for this story, Lisha did have a decent chance and built good chemistry with Lux in Volume 1. They built a good rapport over the Drag-Rides and it was her mad-scientist mode that drew them closer. She could have pulled Airi into the group too, and shared their expertise on Drag-Rides.

Instead she goes into Princess mode and tries to be possessive of Lux, basically tries to make him her slave. I think some of the readers got turned off by that. Especially when Celistia showed up and demonstrated how a true Oujo-sama should act. Airi has that Oujo-sama air too, and clearly shows that Lisha is second-rate in that department.

In all Lisha is still a decent character but she's much better when she sticks to Drag-Rides and problem solving. As a ruler, she tries hard but just doesn't make the cut.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2020-08-01 at 10:27.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 08:15   Link #6783
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

At least Lisha is so much better other than shitty heroines out there.
Old 2020-08-01, 09:02   Link #6784
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalak27 View Post
Its 27, my online pen name isn't based of a weapon

Yeah, Lux does love them all, but through out the series the harem cast has spent their time trying to outwit their competitors for Lux's affection. They were rivals to one another, and while one person can love multiple people, my main gripe with a series that has a well flesh cast of characters and development is when all of the rivalries is simply resolved by they're all fine with sharing one guy despite fighting over him for 20 volumes.

A OTP ending wouldn't have been a copout by any means, Saijaku Bahamut is honestly my favorite LN series and its mostly because of how well the characters are flesh out and written. Plus there are actually pretty funny comedic moments too.
A copout would have been a Lisha ending, out of all the cast she has the least amount of chemistry with Lux, "the first girl ending".

It also wouldn't be cowardly on the author's part if it did end in a OTP, I genuinely think that the pressure from the fanbase push authors to the Harem ending, out of fear that the they'll be alienated for not choosing to resolve the romantic rivals without any loss, the harem ending. That's not to say I am bashing the "harem ending". I still really like the series, but the fact that IT MUST BE a certain ending or its crap is just ludicrous when the series can end in a well written OTP. The fact that all the characters fighting over interpersonal relationship simply ceased and they're okay with just sharing Lux is a Deus Ex Machina. (At least in series like DxD EVERYONE was alluding to the harem)

Most importantly its just my .02 on the matter.
Yeah, my bad for getting your username wrong.

Anyway, as Sierra said, in this series the True Harem route was always the best way to go.

Also, in reality it's the open ending in a harem series that's done because of the author's fear of being hated. The True Harem thing is rare and new and only authors with enough balls do it.

OTP series are also good, but a harem series where the MC likes all of the girls shouldn't go that route. If he likes them all, he should be with them all. If you want an OTP ending, we have Sword Art Online, Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, and other OTP series for that that were meant to be OTP from the beginning. Saijaku was always moving toward a True Harem ending.

I agree with Ruki about Lisha though. A Lisha OTP ending wouldn't have been good, but she herself still isn't that bad.

But people who wanted a OTP ending should understand that if it had been an OTP ending, the one winning would have been Lisha and not any of the other more likeable girls like Krulcifer or Celis. That's just how it is.
Old 2020-08-01, 12:49   Link #6785
DanielSong39

Ironically Krulcifer and Celis are the two girls Lux proposed to
He had a chance for a OTP ending, but it was not to be
Old 2020-08-01, 14:08   Link #6786
Mirable
ミラベル

Lux x Celis.

Celis from chapter 1 is really cute.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Mirable; 2020-08-01 at 14:19.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 14:23   Link #6787
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Lux x Celis.

Spoiler:
I guess the spoiler on tieba are legit...On the other hand, the boy is finally a man now.
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 15:13   Link #6788
Silvertail

Lux has really grown. wasn't he shorter than Ceclis before?
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 15:18   Link #6789
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Lux x Celis.

Spoiler:

This is truly amazing thing

Our boy grown so fast
Old 2020-08-01, 16:25   Link #6790
KnightShade

Welp gotta add this back to the read list now, glad best grill celis got first dibbs
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 17:32   Link #6791
thefreakmike

Atta boy Lux, I knew he wouldn’t let us down, and damn even getting Celis for his first time, funny how she went from being the second to last main character (and harem member) introduced To being the first proposed to this

Tho now I need my Krulcifer spoilers
Old 2020-08-01, 17:34   Link #6792
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Tho now I need my Krulcifer spoilers
We know who will be in charge (hint: not Lux)
Old 2020-08-01, 17:36   Link #6793
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Someone lost a bet
Old 2020-08-01, 18:47   Link #6794
sierra117
Harem Seeker

I can already seeing Yoruka standing in the shadow licking her lips with dangerous gleams in her eyes
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 19:21   Link #6795
DanielSong39

There might not be anything left after Krulcifer's done with him
Yoruka better hurry before he's gone
Old 2020-08-01, 19:25   Link #6796
DanielSong39

Prediction: by the time Lisha gets her turn, Lux is in no shape to continue, she'll have to wait a little longer

(Don't worry, she eventually gets her turn off screen and has a baby too. Along with her baby sister.)

Now the big questions is what happens with Airi (I'm guessing no, but we'll see). Don't worry, if she enters the harem it will be revealed that she is not Lux's blood-related sister.
Old 2020-08-01, 20:21   Link #6797
digitalak27

I'd be okay if we skipped Lisha, just focus on the true main girl is all I care about. Shipping wars will never end!
digitalak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 21:12   Link #6798
Bugfragged

@Silvertail: I suspect Lux is shorter in the previous volumes because of
Spoiler for Mid series:
Bugfragged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 22:58   Link #6799
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalak27 View Post
I think if it ended with Lisha a lot of people would have ended up hating the series. Still I would have like the OTP (I'm a Krulcifer shipper) since harem ends sometimes just feel like a deus ex machina to the romantic character arcs in a series.
Not that I was expecting the series to be only one true pairing, Yoruka would have followed Lux with whoever's he ended up with.
OTP is what made shipping worth to read. If everyone will win, there is no point investing in anyone of them. You can remove all the romance scenes with all girls, and focus on the battle plot and nothing is mattered because everyone will still be winning after the main character beat the final boss together with his harem.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 00:18   Link #6800
digitalak27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
OTP is what made shipping worth to read. If everyone will win, there is no point investing in anyone of them. You can remove all the romance scenes with all girls, and focus on the battle plot and nothing is mattered because everyone will still be winning after the main character beat the final boss together with his harem.
Yeah, I am primarily a shipper in romance. That, and ever since I did a research paper on polyamorous marriages.... let us just say there are rarely happy endings that continue with harems.
digitalak27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bakapervert, crossdressing, harem, harem done right, harem end, kuudere, mecha, op mc, robot, true harem, tsundere