AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-06-13, 22:36   Link #101
Zabimaru

Great guide

Has worked without a hitch for me with avi files but now that I need to do some mp4 files i've run in to this little problem.

Really don't want to go through converting them to avi so I figured i'd see if I could get a fix here first.
TIA

Zabimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:58   Link #102
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabimaru
Has worked without a hitch for me with avi files but now that I need to do some mp4 files i've run in to this little problem.

Really don't want to go through converting them to avi so I figured i'd see if I could get a fix here first.
TIA

The only thing I can think of right now is to:
- Make sure you have the latest AviSynth installed (=probably not the problem)
- Make sure you have the proper codecs (etc) installed

For advice #2 I recommend uninstalling whatever codecs you have installed and
to install the CCCP - http://www.cccp-project.net/

Of course also check if the file can be opened by any video player on your system at all.
(if not then it's either the codecs on your PC or the file is corrupt)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 09:16   Link #103
Zabimaru

Thanks for the quick response GHDpro.

CCCP worked like a charm~!

Again thanks for this excellent guide and your help!
Zabimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 00:44   Link #104
EnZimE

i downloaded the newest avi synth and im having problems when my encodes are finished. The sound is slower then the video makin the voices come in about 2-3 seconds late. What can I do to fix this?
EnZimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 03:30   Link #105
Sakuya
*Artist

Does anyone find that most fansubs have too small text sizes to be viewed easily on the TV screen? How would you fix it without having to copy down all the translations and making soft subs for the DVD?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 04:29   Link #106
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Get a bigger TV set. Seriously. On a TV set with a reasonably decent screen I can read the subs for every show I watch. It's only on smaller screen TVs that this is a problem.

Consider this an upgrade issue.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 13:35   Link #107
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

Burning onto DVD

ok i have a question for you guys. how does burning onto a dvd work? does it matter what file types you use(.avi, .ogm, .mkv, etc.)? Also, whe you have a file with dual audio or more than one set of subtiles, how do you set it up so that you can select the options later? How do you select those options on your tv?

Also...what is an .ISO file? can that go onto dvd? the same quesions as above

thanks!
hikaru_masha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 18:07   Link #108
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

File format will not matter much, because to use any source video on DVD it has to be
converted to MPEG2 format using an encoder. The audio has to be converted to either
PCM, MP2 or AC3 format and subtitles will also have to be converted to a DVD-specific
format. All converted elements together can then be authored using a DVD Authoring
application to a DVD.

For me (and that's what the guide that the thread you posted this in is all about) I only
am concerned with converting fansubs, and fansubs usually have only 1 audio track
and "hardcoded" (in-video) subtitles, which makes the conversion process simpeler.
(even if the subtitles aren't "hardcoded" in the video already, my scripts will do so...)

An ISO file is simply a file containing an already authored CD or DVD that can be viewed
without burning with applications like Deamon Tools (or Alcohol 120%) and burned using
applications like ImgBrn.

Please Google any of the applications I mentioned. For more help see also: www.videohelp.com
Old 2006-06-23, 21:19   Link #109
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

man that seems alot more difficult than i expected. i figured you could just toss it all into nero and it would do it for you.

is encoding difficult? how long will it take me?
hikaru_masha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 03:15   Link #110
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Well, if you can follow the instructions on this page, encoding for DVD play is not very hard to do. The amount of time it takes is directly related to the speed of your CPU. Try an episode and find out for yourself. I'll just say that it will take a while so don't expect it to be done while you make a sandwich.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-06-24, 15:52   Link #111
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
This may be a dumb question, but... around how many episodes can fit on a DVD disc? My discs say "DVD+R", "Up to 8x", "4.7 GB", and "2 Hrs SP Mode" on it. Am I supposed to fit 4.7 GB of anime on this DVD, because then I must really be doing something wrong because I'm nowhere close.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 17:03   Link #112
M.D. Geist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
This may be a dumb question, but... around how many episodes can fit on a DVD disc? My discs say "DVD+R", "Up to 8x", "4.7 GB", and "2 Hrs SP Mode" on it. Am I supposed to fit 4.7 GB of anime on this DVD, because then I must really be doing something wrong because I'm nowhere close.
depends on how you want to watch them

if just stored as data, its about 25 episodes (~4400mb/175mb per epi)

If you want to reencode it depends on your quality...

However, since mpeg2 needs more bandwith as most fansubs, you wont be able to fit anything near 15 episodes on a normal dvd, if you want them to have decent quality

I encoded Chobits as CVD (half DVD resolution), and was able to fit 13 episodes on a dvd

So i think if you put them in full DVD resolution on a dvd, you can get 6-9 episodes on a dvd in decent quality
M.D. Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 22:18   Link #113
tenchisan

i have a mkv with 2 audio. when using queque for encoding i get the video in m2v and the audio in mp2. what im doing is extraxting the other audio and srt with mkvextrackgui. i got the audio from one anime ogg and convert to mp2 easily. but now i got anime with aac audio. wat i do is convert the aac to wav. then i use besweet gui to convert it to mp2. when i try to convert it the audio length is triple. i think thats because the changing of 44k to 48k. i have been able to convert the audio successfully. i extracted the audio with mkvextractgui. then convert aac to wave using nero encoding. . then i use besweetgui to convert the the 44k to 48k wave. then i use besweet again to convert it to ac3 192kbs. however the audio sounded glitchy and bad. so i used dvdlab pro it change it from 44k to 48kthat was for one audio file. now i have a whole series of files. and dvdlab pro doesnt do batch convert to 48k and also it a 30 day free trial. what exactly is the program queque for encoding doing during the audio transcoding process. thanks
tenchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:22   Link #114
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Hi, there! I have problems when I try to convert the Utawarerumono episodes released by Yesy...

Whenever I run the program it will start encoding but, then, will close a few minutes later without even completing neither video encoding nor audio encoding.

Ok, it workerd for the first episode and the fifth but not the other :S

Last edited by johnishida; 2006-07-11 at 20:59.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 14:08   Link #115
zGilgamesh

I dont get the guide.

Virtual Dub doesnt work for me, it saids needs Video for Window codecs or something, it isnt that im too lazy to figure it out, i just think thats too much work to watch an anime.

Can the method be updated with newer standards for anime?
zGilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 16:41   Link #116
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm not sure what you're talking about. This guide doesn't use Virtualdub.

This method is quite updated and even works with h264.

Old 2006-07-21, 01:26   Link #117
popoycanton

Assistance please.

I have successfully encoded this video with the "Queue for Encoding" guide, but it had black bars on top and bottom.

I have a DVD player capable of divx playback & a wide screen TV, but when playing the AVI file it has no black bars.

So how can I encode to mpeg without the black bars?

thanks

Bit rate : 2112964

Bit rate : 2113 Kbps

Width : 704

Height : 396

Aspect ratio : 1.778

Aspect ratio : 16/9

Frame rate : 29.97

FrameCount : 2417

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.253

its a jdrama "Nobuta wo Produce" http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nobuta_wo_Produce
popoycanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 10:37   Link #118
xathin

Quote:
Originally Posted by popoycanton
Assistance please.

I have successfully encoded this video with the "Queue for Encoding" guide, but it had black bars on top and bottom.

I have a DVD player capable of divx playback & a wide screen TV, but when playing the AVI file it has no black bars.

So how can I encode to mpeg without the black bars?

thanks

Bit rate : 2112964

Bit rate : 2113 Kbps

Width : 704

Height : 396

Aspect ratio : 1.778

Aspect ratio : 16/9

Frame rate : 29.97

FrameCount : 2417

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.253

its a jdrama "Nobuta wo Produce" http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nobuta_wo_Produce
From what I can tell, when the video gets encoded, it defaults to creating a fullscreen representation. I don't know if it will work, but you could try changing the settings in the config.ini file for the WideScreenResize and WideScreenBorder. It may not work, as the aspect ratio will probably still be set to 4:3, and not 16:9.

If your using QuEnc, there is an option to change the aspect ratio, but you will have to either change the .php file, or each of the .bat files that were created. I believe there is a similar option in CCE, and it should be somewhere in the settings for whichever template you are using. If you want it to be displayed on a widescreen tv, you must have it set to 16:9. I'm not sure how this might affect fullscreen videos, but it should fix your problem with the widescreen ones.
xathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 17:25   Link #119
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

As xathin mentioned you'll have to change the WideScreenResize & WideScreenBorder settings
int eh config.ini file

Afaik to get anamorphic widescreen output you only have to change the widescreen borders
to use the "full screen" borders -- this will create video that has the wrong aspect ratio,
but that's how anamorphic widescreen works -- the DVD player fixes the aspect ratio again.

Though yes, if you use QuEnc you also need to edit the PHP file manually to make sure QuEnc
marks the video as 16:9 and not as 4:3. With CCE you can simply specify that in the templates,
which is also a bit why you can specify different templates for WS & FS.
Old 2006-07-21, 21:15   Link #120
guess

How do you change where the finished file is going to be saved? The default pathway is under the folder DVDStudio. How do you change that option "once" then you don't have to change it everytime you encode?

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate