AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-30, 01:40   Link #1081
Saffire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Seirei no Moribito Ongaku hen 2

I'm slightly surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, so I'll be the first. The second volume of the OST is out (has been since 21 Sep). There are a total of 29 tracks, many of which are the less familiar tunes that were seldom used in the series. The few notable tracks are Tracks 3 (the funeral march), 14 (the canyon chase) and 15 (Jiguro vs Tagul in Ep3). Sachi Tainaka's Itoshii Hito e is also included (Track 29).

Given that the R1 DVD release is likely to be postponed indefinitely now, it might not be a bad idea to support the series via its OSTs. Well, that's up to you of course.
Haha. I did mention it in my spoilered post above. : p. But I agree, soundtracks are a great way to support the show. The Funeral March is the one I look most forward to. I already have the first one.
Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 13:10   Link #1082
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Personally, I loved the final episode. I always feel that ending a series at the climax is kind of cheap. I prefer a more Shakespearian winding-down and reorientation to the future, and that is exactly what this final ep gave us.
Spoiler for ep26:
But as for the series as a whole, I really felt it dragged through the middle part. We needed time for Chagumu to become the person he did, but I somehow felt that they didn't make all that work properly. At least for me. However, I will remember many of the characters -- especially Balsa -- and the setting.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-01 at 15:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 17:39   Link #1083
Codex

Finally, the end ... ;_;

Spoiler for Episode 26:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 21:07   Link #1084
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Seirei no Moribito Ongaku hen 2

I'm slightly surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, so I'll be the first. The second volume of the OST is out (has been since 21 Sep). There are a total of 29 tracks, many of which are the less familiar tunes that were seldom used in the series. The few notable tracks are Tracks 3 (the funeral march), 14 (the canyon chase) and 15 (Jiguro vs Tagul in Ep3). Sachi Tainaka's Itoshii Hito e is also included (Track 29).

Given that the R1 DVD release is likely to be postponed indefinitely now, it might not be a bad idea to support the series via its OSTs. Well, that's up to you of course.
Is L'arc-En-Ciel's Shine on it, too?
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 23:12   Link #1085
kujoe
from head to heel

Man, it's over. I'm actually sad... and feel kind of empty. I mean, I have to find something new to watch again.

Spoiler for episode 26:

All in all, it was a great ride. There's definitely some space on my shelf for this series if it happens to get released over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffire
Have to put that HD TV to good use somehow.
I was actually able to manage this. To tell you the truth, all that frustration in the beginning was worth it.

Last edited by kujoe; 2007-10-02 at 01:03.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 23:37   Link #1086
Saffire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Is L'arc-En-Ciel's Shine on it, too?
Unfortunately, doesn't look like it. I'm sure the full version will be available sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujoe
I was actually able to manage this. To tell you the truth, all that frustration in the beginning was worth it.
I have no doubt it was. *would like to see episode 3 on it*
Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 00:53   Link #1087
Codex

Spoiler for episode 26:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 07:41   Link #1088
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Spoiler for Episode 26:

I think this is the end of this season's anime, as far as I'm concerned. There are only two other series I'm actively following at the moment, and I'm not quite sure what else to follow for the time being. There hasn't been any other series that I've written so much about, that's for sure, haha. So, I guess, it's goodbye from me as well. Till the next great anime that comes along. ^^/
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:40   Link #1089
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Another fine morning of having breakfast with Balsa....

Ep. 23 has to be the most gorgeous release in some time. I guess the animators were as happy to be out of that claustrophobic cave as our heroes.

I'm always struck by what a remarkable job I.G. has been doing with scenes that include water (fitting, I suppose, given the story). I knew I would be following this series as soon as I saw the rice paddies in ep. 1. In 23, we have the lovely sequence alongside the brook at about 8:30. Most animation of running water looks unconvincing but not here. They have the ripples, the reflections; it's all there. When Chagum dips his hand into the water, it's almost photo-realistic. Soon thereafter there's a brief pan across the lake with the water lilies. This could have been just a throw-away shot, or not included at all, but no, we have the reflected sky and clouds scattered in with the lily pads.

A few other random observations:

The play of light and shadow on the characters' faces has also caught my attention throughout this show. In this episode it was especially striking in the scene where the four of them are walking to the lake.

The sound track was also impressive in this episode, especially the scene where the soldiers shout their acceptance of the order to move out, and the rattling of their spears. It certainly does sound like hundreds of men, even though it's probably just a few Foley artists and a lot of looping.

Balsa always seems to refer to Chagum as "Chaguma" on the audio track. With so many other names ending in "a," including his brother's, perhaps that's his real name?

Spoiler for ep 23:
I just watch episode 23 and something doesn't make sense.

If the egg = water, it makes sense that La Lunga would be earth-based since earth absorbs water. However, wood overcomes earth, not fire. Fire actually creates earth in the cycle of the 5 elements. Unless they're using a different cycle of elements, it doesn't quite make sense.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 13:55   Link #1090
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

To be sure, I don't know how they've arrived to the conclusion of using fire against the La Lunga either. None of the four elemental cycles of traditional fengshui matches what Torogai or Shuga described. In fact, it's true what you've said -- Fire actually enhances Earth rather than destroy it. Even if we were to use the anti-clockwise cycle, we'd still have a case of Earth exhausting Fire, which suggests that the La Lunga has little to fear from fire.

So, yes, I guess they use a different elemental cycle in New Yogo. The story wouldn't otherwise make much sense.
Old 2007-10-03, 14:02   Link #1091
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Did they confirm it being a creature of earth?

Perhaps its earth based spirit from the water plane thus is weak to fire because of it.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 19:02   Link #1092
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Subs for Ep.24 are out.

Spoiler for Episode 24 subbed:

Torogai confirmed it herself, "La Lunga, which eats the water spirit's egg, is an earth spirit!"
Old 2007-10-03, 21:40   Link #1093
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spoiler for ep 24:

The weaponry in this sequence is hilariously anachronistic. I can't even begin to imagine how one builds a wooden flamethrower. Wouldn't the device itself catch on fire and explode? I guess this is one of those fantasy things you just accept along with Torogai and Tanda's method of communication.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 22:09   Link #1094
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Spoiler for ep 24:

The weaponry in this sequence is hilariously anachronistic. I can't even begin to imagine how one builds a wooden flamethrower. Wouldn't the device itself catch on fire and explode? I guess this is one of those fantasy things you just accept along with Torogai and Tanda's method of communication.
It probably wasn't very stable, but you *can* create wooden flamethrowers. There isn't a continuous stream of fire that's lit inside the barrel. Think of it more like a wooden barrel containing all the chemicals needed that's forced out in a spray and then ignited (sort of like a lighter). People in China used to use bamboo barrels for early flame throwers until metal. Safe? Probably not in the long run...but if it explodes, at least you take your target with you (along with everyone else standing next to you...can you imagine a chain domino reaction of exploding flamethrower soldiers?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 22:55   Link #1095
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Spoiler for in response to Ep24 query:
Old 2007-10-05, 00:29   Link #1096
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion

Very good ending , perhaps the best in this season. I love "Itoshii hito e" very more and more.....

Oops....my tears burst out....
ZaLhErA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 09:58   Link #1097
andromeda0201

Yes indeed, a bittersweet ending which made my eyes wet for a few seconds.
This has been a lovely ride, although I actually wanted to see a bit more of Balsa's awesome spearing

Here's hoping for a 2nd season
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 11:28   Link #1098
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I just watch episode 23 and something doesn't make sense.

If the egg = water, it makes sense that La Lunga would be earth-based since earth absorbs water. However, wood overcomes earth, not fire. Fire actually creates earth in the cycle of the 5 elements. Unless they're using a different cycle of elements, it doesn't quite make sense.
Well you could like at it like this; fire/heat is bad for earth because it hardens the soil, no life can come from hardened earth because it is uncultivatable.

Spoiler for Spoiler for 24:
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 16:00   Link #1099
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Well you could like at it like this; fire/heat is bad for earth because it hardens the soil, no life can come from hardened earth because it is uncultivatable.

Spoiler for Spoiler for 24:
Yea man i was doing the samething i was like you FOOL Balsa still hasent given you an answer yet. You can die if you get dissed but not yet. Im glad also it was just a flesh wound. But i am truely worried about Balsa's fate at the end i dont think i could handle her dying. I really like her as a character especially when shes get all motherly.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:08   Link #1100
Berserker

Only two episodes left that needs to be subbed. I can't wait. This is an awesome show.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.