AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

View Poll Results: Heavy Object - Episode 20 (Victoria Island 1) Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 63.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-27, 09:24   Link #21
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
I dont know... The 6 object give me "that thing look unmanned" feeling.

6 object moving in perfect speed and formation, same color, same design, it even look like a "lite version" of city slicker.
so are you saying they are akin to Gundam X's G-Bit system?, which are unmanned versions of the base Gundam design that was controlling them like puppets.

also Gundam still topped the unfortunate names department even today in the latest series that's currently airing right now, still the original that's QUATTRO VAGINA!!!
Old 2016-02-27, 11:58   Link #22
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so are you saying they are akin to Gundam X's G-Bit system?, which are unmanned versions of the base Gundam design that was controlling them like puppets.
The big problem with that is that without vaguely defined psychic powers for perfect communications, you run the risk of having your RC Objects-lite get jammed or hacked.

That said, for this sort of surprise attack in a decisive battle, it might be worth it, especially if the enemy has no time to prepare an ECM strategy or find security vulnerabilities.
Old 2016-02-27, 14:00   Link #23
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
>Prizewell City Slicker

Names in this show are getting better and better
I was trying to think of the "City Slicker" part as just a derogatory nickname, but the guy himself using it kind of shot that down.
Old 2016-02-27, 16:11   Link #24
Shlugo

Oh come, on Qwenthur is right, this is absurd. The enemy just pulled six Objects out of his ass.I know they are trying to up the ante, but this is just insane. Objects are supposed to be super expansive, how can a single Noble afford six of them, much less build them in secret? And I can't imagine how will they get out of this one.

Speaking of which why can the 24th battalion actually prepare equipment and tactics to support their Object while 37th always relies on Qwenthur just winging it as he goes along?

My favorite part of the episode was the sniper action with Qwenthur as the spotter. Pretty badass.

Oh yeah, also the names just get worse as the time go on. I didn't think they could top Honeysuckle, but City Slicker edges him out as the most idiotic name of all.
Old 2016-02-27, 16:48   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
Oh come, on Qwenthur is right, this is absurd. The enemy just pulled six Objects out of his ass.I know they are trying to up the ante, but this is just insane. Objects are supposed to be super expansive, how can a single Noble afford six of them, much less build them in secret? And I can't imagine how will they get out of this one.

Speaking of which why can the 24th battalion actually prepare equipment and tactics to support their Object while 37th always relies on Qwenthur just winging it as he goes along?
Because Froleytia knows that that's when he does his best work.
Old 2016-02-27, 21:20   Link #26
eisai_haramasukoi

6 Objects. They're screwed big time.

And we're listing silly names now?

- Penny Cilin
- Elly Fant
- Phuc Dat Bich
- Mai Niga
- Datz Bowlsheet
Old 2016-02-28, 01:35   Link #27
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Prizewell City Slicker. He has a great name for a mutineer like him, but having a reason where he wanted to get rid of inferior languages apart from his own is so absurd that I wanna laugh hard!

Still, seeing his Indigo Plasma having 6 mini Objects is so overkill.
Old 2016-02-28, 01:50   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Screen Saver.
Terminal Velocity.
Mineral Water.
Quarter Pounder With Cheese.
Old 2016-02-28, 04:38   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Prizewell City Slicker. He has a great name for a mutineer like him, but having a reason where he wanted to get rid of inferior languages apart from his own is so absurd that I wanna laugh hard!
Not entirely unheard off- We have the first Emperor of China killing scholars and burning books of other languages.

"Since ancient times every civilizations ruler has had the same idea. When people unite under one will - they become stronger than the sums of their parts. And what do rulers use to bring people together? Language."
Old 2016-02-28, 05:29   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's not an unheard of attitude in France. Though there never was anything so drastic, of course.
Old 2016-02-28, 10:44   Link #31
LKK

Enough with the silly made-up names lists. Let's leave that exercise to the author.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2016-02-28, 18:09   Link #32
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quarter Pounder With Cheese.
The Legitimacy Kingdom is in France, so they wouldn't know what the heck a quarter-pounder is. It would have to be called the Royale with Cheese.
Old 2016-02-28, 21:53   Link #33
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not entirely unheard off- We have the first Emperor of China killing scholars and burning books of other languages.

"Since ancient times every civilizations ruler has had the same idea. When people unite under one will - they become stronger than the sums of their parts. And what do rulers use to bring people together? Language."
And it's not really any less absurd as discriminating based on skin color. In fact that makes even less sense, but it happened IRL. Sadly, at the end of the day the world is full of madman.
Old 2016-02-29, 09:57   Link #34
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
6 Objects. They're screwed big time.

And we're listing silly names now?

- Penny Cilin
- Elly Fant
- Phuc Dat Bich
- Mai Niga
- Datz Bowlsheet
How can you forget Fate's Atomic Gatorade? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2016-02-29, 10:15   Link #35
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
How can you forget Fate's Atomic Gatorade? xD
You do know that's not his actual name, right?
Old 2016-03-01, 10:42   Link #36
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Great way to pull 6 random Objects out of someones ass!! They are pretty much screwed if facing one object would make someone shit their pants facing six would give someone a stroke. Although i know it will never happen i am very fond of a Froleytia x Qwenthur paring.

But i swear the entire world could burn to ash but some how those 2 lucky SOBs would survive. I feel like Qwenthur and Haivia found the cheat code for infinite lives.
Old 2016-03-03, 15:55   Link #37
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I feel like Qwenthur and Haivia found the cheat code for infinite lives.
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A. That's probably good for one or two Object battles.
Old 2016-03-03, 19:51   Link #38
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A. That's probably good for one or two Object battles.

well their are up against 6 this time. They better run to Gamestop and pick up the guidebook.