AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 11.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-09-25, 22:05   Link #121
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Taeko/Celestia?
----------------------------
Jokes aside I still think its Chisa while keeping the off chance of Junko still being alive in mind.
TbH it would need a - really - good explaination for it to not be either of those 2.

Edit:
With a normal explaination I'd let Kirigiri mastermind slide too - for various reasons thats pretty much unlikely though.
I'll go with Chisa masquerading as Asahina. They have the same body shape and personality and Chisa could dress Asahina as herself after she's dead. One clue in this is that Asahina didn't really react since her brother is dead when Naegi and Komaru were having a talk.

Of course that would piss me off since Asahina is my favorite.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 01:35   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
So with Side:Future ending tomorrow, why don't we take a moment to list all the clues that may hint at the identity of the mastermind.

- Is someone who is connected to the Remnants of Despair and is also one of them.

- Has got an interest in Naegi and ultimately wants him to survive, but wouldn't lose any sleep if he died.

- Rigged this Killing Game so Munakata would greatly benefit, and fall into despair.

- Has access to the profiles of all Future Foundation members, the Remnants and the Warriors of Hope.

It's also quite obvious that person has accomplices, as pulling all that off would require a great effort.

I can think of only one person that fits the list above.
As I pointed out before, Yukizome has no connection to Naegi.

As for accomplices, let us completely forget about a certain girl with an army of monokumas.

Also, with proper mystery solving, you start with the clues and see where they lead. You don't start with the conclusion and then see which clues may or may not corroborate it.

Even if you turn out to be correct, that would not prevent it from being a complete ass pull.

Besides, you can't prove that they have to be with the remnants of despair.

If Enoshima can know everything about everyone. As well as Monaca and Komaeda, for that matter, then anyone can know anything about anyone.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 04:53   Link #123
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
As I pointed out before, Yukizome has no connection to Naegi.
Whether I'm right or wrong, this is incorrect. He saved 15 of the Remnants, 14 of which are former students from Class-77. And I'm sure you do remember who is their former homeroom teacher.

Quote:
Even if you turn out to be correct, that would not prevent it from being a complete ass pull.
How so? I can't be the only one who noticed all the odd things going on. Starting with the survivor counter.

It's a good thing this isn't a VN and you can watch any episode as many times as is necessary so you can search for clues in the small details. Because is those small details what stands out the most in any DR release.
Knighto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 07:57   Link #124
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
You do not seem to understand. For her to be alive there has to be some indication for her method. Either some talk about fake corpses or a fake death medicine. None of these things happened. To have stuff like that happen all of a sudden out of the blue with no build up is not only incredibly bad storytelling, but it's storytelling at a level of ass pull that Danganronpa simply has not done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Whether I'm right or wrong, this is incorrect. He saved 15 of the Remnants, 14 of which are former students from Class-77. And I'm sure you do remember who is their former homeroom teacher.
Why do you always insult the intelligence of the people you debate with? It's incredibly bad form. Just be straight and to the point, don't play the roundabout game.

I'm not quite sure what is your point though, that does not change the fact that she never had anything to do with Naegi. Naegi never wronged her in any way. Besides as someone who has been a puppet all her life, despair or no, she is not mastermind material.


Again, my argument is not that it is impossible. It's that it would be incredibly shitty storytelling and I expect better.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 08:14   Link #125
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You do not seem to understand. For her to be alive there has to be some indication for her method. Either some talk about fake corpses or a fake death medicine. None of these things happened. To have stuff like that happen all of a sudden out of the blue with no build up is not only incredibly bad storytelling, but it's storytelling at a level of ass pull that Danganronpa simply has not done before.
'Dead or Lie' sounds about right to you? I again ask you, why do you think there are no hints at all? For all we know those might have been there all the time. Only, they were barely noticeable.

Sublety has always been a common thing in any DR when it comes to misteries like this.

Quote:
Why do you always insult the intelligence of the people you debate with? It's incredibly bad form. Just be straight and to the point, don't play the roundabout game.

I'm not quite sure what is your point though, that does not change the fact that she never had anything to do with Naegi. Naegi never wronged her in any way. Besides as someone who has been a puppet all her life, despair or no, she is not mastermind material and all that exists solely to mislead us.


Again, my argument is not that it is impossible. It's that it would be incredibly shitty storytelling and I expect better.
I just searched my clues and this is the conclusion I came up with. I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence, you're the one who think that.

Is not like I'm going to lose any sleep if I'm wrong. Afterall, this is the fun part in that. Who knows, maybe in the end there's more than one mastermind.
Knighto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 08:22   Link #126
DMurphy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence, you're the one who think that.
No, he's right, you are incredibly condescending.
__________________

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 08:32   Link #127
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
No, he's right, you are incredibly condescending.
I don't mind if you think that. Perhaps I should have chosen better my words.

By the way, talking about fake corpses or fake death medicine would be too blatant of a clue, don't you think? It would take less than a second to figure out if someone were to say that.

I prefer that is something more subtle, barely noticeable.
Knighto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 09:18   Link #128
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
By the way, talking about fake corpses or fake death medicine would be too blatant of a clue, don't you think? It would take less than a second to figure out if someone were to say that.
You'd think that, but that all depends on how (and when) the writer presents it. The point though, is that an unusual skill or device has to be mentioned at some point before it is used as a plot device, or it's an ass pull. That's always the rule, in any kind of fiction.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 09:31   Link #129
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You'd think that, but that all depends on how (and when) the writer presents it. The point though, is that an unusual skill or device has to be mentioned at some point before it is used as a plot device, or it's an ass pull. That's always the rule, in any kind of fiction.
And this is why I prefer it to be more subtle. Like how the lyrics in the opening contain the words 'Dead or Lie' and 'Sleeping pills'.

See? This is what I mean. They give a hint, but do not explicitly tell you what's its real meaning. But you at least know is there.
Knighto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 10:24   Link #130
Gilly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
This was episode 12, right? Then we need a new thread.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 10:51   Link #131
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
No we're still talking about 11/the show in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
And this is why I prefer it to be more subtle. Like how the lyrics in the opening contain the words 'Dead or Lie' and 'Sleeping pills'.

See? This is what I mean. They give a hint, but do not explicitly tell you what's its real meaning. But you at least know is there.
Lyrics in an opening do not count as evidence since the characters in the story are not able to observe it. Ass pulls are ass pulls.

Not to mention I wouldn't know those lyrics since I'm not Japanese.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 11:18   Link #132
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Not to mention I wouldn't know those lyrics since I'm not Japanese.
Uh? I don't mean the lyrics, but the words written in perfect english that you can briefly see when the opening starts.
Knighto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 17:04   Link #133
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
Oh, well my original point still stands.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 21:00   Link #134
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 37
It meant the end for Sakakura after the heavy toll he went through being coerced and manipulated by Junko, and, yet, the only thing he refused to let slip away was his belief and devotion to Munakata.

A little bit sad and more tragic once Munakata realized his foolishness and went to look for Sakakura at Naegi's urging, although the former came too late to comfort his former peer and colleague.
But, I can only hope that at the end Sakakura could comfort himself with thoughts of relief and solace after shutting down the power, and, thus, releasing Munakata and the rest of the survivors from the game.

There's only left to address Mitarai's inflicting guilt upon himself for Junko fooling him to create the despair video.

Last edited by Guido; 2016-11-02 at 16:12.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.