Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-03-03, 06:21   Link #1141
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Recent arrivals:

Nendoroid More: Panzer IV Ausf. D - Goes quite nicely with the Miho Nendoroid I bought a while back. I was surprised to find the tank also has a pull-back motor!
Nendoroid Sinon - bought from the Crunchyroll Store. This one took its time to get here...
Nendoroid Solid Snake - bought this one from local store Anime at Abbotsford, alongside the Panzer IV. The inclusion of a cardboard box prop was a nice touch.

Also recently bought an LG Nexus 5 (32GB White), mainly for testing purposes.
Old 2015-03-05, 00:12   Link #1142
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I recently ordered these two games for $38.12 from Amazon .

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3) - $18.90 New
DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3) - $19.22 New
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 20:45   Link #1143
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Since I had CDJapan points I needed to use before March, I decided to get this...

This is apparently the sequel/prequel of Monster Monpiece titled Moero Chronicle, which is a dungeon crawling JRPG for the Vita. I happened to find a limited edition left it stock, so I decided to get it. Not sure when I will start since I haven't completed Monster Monpiece (although I'm very close to finishing).

Also, I got an ATI Radeon 7000 PCI Graphics card for my old PowerMac G3, which I use primarily for retro gaming (Simcity 2000, Oregon Trail, The Sims, etc) for 14 dollars. I ended flashing it to make it work with the Mac and after I installed the drivers, it worked. Although it's not the fastest graphics card for a PCI Graphics Powermac, at least it's faster than a ATI Rage 128 GL and it works in Mac OS 9. At least it gives me Quartz Extreme acceleration in Mac OS X Tiger after installing a hack to enable it.

The end result:

Old 2015-03-08, 01:53   Link #1144
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

My mom just bought us a HP 110-326 4GB RAM 500GB Desktop PC for $225.10 New from Amazon .

Source: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04398768
Old 2015-03-10, 21:34   Link #1145
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Found this at BAM for 15 bucks

All so a bunch of model panit
Old 2015-03-11, 06:33   Link #1146
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Finally jumped on the SSD bandwagon and got myself a Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (MZ-7KE128) to make my Windows snappier. Damn, these things are much, MUCH smaller than I thought. I'll have to buy a dock to keep this little baby (the 840 apparently has firmware issues causing performance drops after a while, whereas the 850 Pro is faster and touted to have even more exceptional lifespan) in place.
Old 2015-03-11, 15:30   Link #1147
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Finally jumped on the SSD bandwagon and got myself a Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (MZ-7KE128) to make my Windows snappier. Damn, these things are much, MUCH smaller than I thought. I'll have to buy a dock to keep this little baby (the 840 apparently has firmware issues causing performance drops after a while, whereas the 850 Pro is faster and touted to have even more exceptional lifespan) in place.
Yhep, you'll need a 2.5 to 3.5 caddy to put it into a regular desktop PC. I have an older original 840 one and can report no issues on my end so far. I think it had an issue with slowdowns but it was fixed about a year ago in a firmware update so they should be good but the 850 looks to be better in every single way so good buy.

SSDs are such great upgrades that I can't recommend them enough. Even if people just get a small 80gb drive to use as the OS drive next to their old spinning HDD it's already a massive improvement. People just can't comprehend how much faster these things are until they try them out themselves. It takes seconds to boot the OS. My cellphone takes about 10 times longer to boot
Old 2015-03-11, 16:26   Link #1148
spikexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Yhep, you'll need a 2.5 to 3.5 caddy to put it into a regular desktop PC.
No need, just put it anywhere you can, there is no moving part and they are not fragile, so no need to put like normal hdd.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 17:55   Link #1149
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

bought...i guess this is also purchase in a way:

had the guy applied some tinting service for my car. total of 5 windows in the rear. (those little windows
count as one). there were four options for light, dark, darker and darkest; i choose number 3 since i think number 4 was way to
dark for my silver car. = $100, i also got a free window cleaner+cloth & a car freshener for being a customer there. ^ ^
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
comments: hopefully these will last a long time. if not, i'll try going to my car dealer next time and
have them apply the tinting instead. car dealer is much more expensive but better quality. (according to my co-worker)
anyways, he did a good job in placing the tinting for my windows...just hoping it'll last at least 5 years or more before bubbling or falling off.
Old 2015-03-12, 08:02   Link #1150
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
SSDs are such great upgrades that I can't recommend them enough. Even if people just get a small 80gb drive to use as the OS drive next to their old spinning HDD it's already a massive improvement. People just can't comprehend how much faster these things are until they try them out themselves. It takes seconds to boot the OS. My cellphone takes about 10 times longer to boot
Great updates indeed, but until a couple of years ago, SSDs were more or less hampered by two hurdles:
  • Shorter lifespan compared to mechanical platters (fixed amount of read-write operations for each physical byte) due to degrading flash memory, but that seems to have been more or less fixed now. The 850 Pro has a theoretical TBW (total bits written) of 150 Terabytes (for the 128-256GB models, and 300TB for the 512GB-1TB models), which is quite impressive and the claim is backed up by an unprecedented 10-year warranty (O.O).
  • Much higher cost-per-gigabyte compared to normal HDDs. Prices are steadily going down (though not as fast as I'd like), but even today there's still a big difference: for example, with the money used to buy the 850 Pro 128GB, I could have swiped a Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB instead. On a per-gigabyte basis, the SSD is 23.4 times more expensive than the WDCG. There is a price to performance, indeed.
So, yeah, now it's something to consider (I made a clean Windows 7 install on the SSD instead of migrating the C:\ partition image from my previous main HDD, as there were some programs and settings I simply no longer use nowadays and I thought I should tailor the new install to my current lifestyle/habits...and boy, even with the antivirus/security suite installed, did it boot up quickly), but a few years back you had to think twice before making that kind of investment.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2015-03-12 at 15:13.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 15:25   Link #1151
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Great updates indeed, but until a couple of years ago, SSDs were more or less hampered by two hurdles:
  • Shorter lifespan compared to mechanical platters (fixed amount of read-write operations for each physical byte) due to degrading flash memory, but that seems to have been more or less fixed now. The 850 Pro has a theoretical TBW (total bits written) of 150 Terabytes (for the 128-256GB models, and 300TB for the 512GB-1TB models), which is quite impressive and the claim is backed up by an unprecedented 10-year warranty (O.O).
  • Much higher cost-per-gigabyte compared to normal HDDs. Prices are steadily going down (though not as fast as I'd like), but even today there's still a big difference: for example, with the money used to buy the 850 Pro 128GB, I could have swiped a Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB instead. On a per-gigabyte basis, the SSD is 23.4 times more expensive than the WDCG. There is a price to performance, indeed.
So, yeah, now it's something to consider (I made a clean Windows 7 install on the SSD instead of migrating the C:\ partition image from my previous main HDD, as there were some programs and settings I simply no longer use nowadays and I thought I should tailor the new install to my current lifestyle/habits...and boy, even with the antivirus/security suite installed, did it boot up quickly), but a few years back you had to think twice before making that kind of investment.
Not debating the price issue but the longevity of the drives was actually more of a theoretical issue than a practical one. Most drives never get close to the limits aside from some very very early ones that barely had any sales outside of speciality usages.

Btw good move on not cloning the drive. I tried doing it the first time and it took me a couple of days until I had to format the drive. Stuff like optimum block sizes are different between a spinning hard drive and a solid state one and to top it off Windows doesn't handle the switch particularly well. My Windows 7 at the time didn't notice that it was running on an SSD and had defrag operations scheduled (which is something you absolutely, positively, don't want to do on a SSD )
Old 2015-03-23, 22:23   Link #1152
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

bought:

Lightning Warrior Raidy - $24.99
Lightning Warrior Raidy II - $29.99
School Days HQ - $39.99 ----oh shit...the drama (yandere and killing) begins.
comments: I marathon and beaten both Raidy games. love the hell out of Raidy and i can't wait for the 3rd game;
i'll be buying it day one when it comes over here soon. hopefully it'll be out before June 2015. ^ ^

Last edited by Xefi; 2015-03-24 at 00:06.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 21:08   Link #1153
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

My mom recently ordered us a Sceptre 24 inch 1080p HD LED Monitor for $143.32 New from Walmart's website , it should arrive at our local Walmart store for pick-up on Monday .

We had a Samsung 19 inch 900p HD LED Monitor before, but the LED backlight died on us two days ago .
Old 2015-03-25, 22:20   Link #1154
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

bought:

pre-ordered Lightning Warrior Raidy III on J-list - $45
comments: been waiting for this game to pop up for pre-ordered. game's coming out Spring 2015 with a dvd box case
and some monster cards? I'm not really interested in the cards, but having the box art is nice. I love playing the first 2 games
and looking so much forward to playing the 3rd game. hell yes!
^ ^

*cheers!*
Images
and I also bought a $5 fill up chicken breast piece meal @ KFC yesterday. tasty! :P

----------------------------------------

damn, when I have some spare money, I'm going to down on these two nice figures!
until then, gotta save up some money again...lol. X)

$110
Images
$132
Images
Old 2015-03-29, 03:00   Link #1155
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I just ordered these two games for $39.94 from Amazon , they should be arriving in my mailbox sometime this week .

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3) - $23.75 New
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3) - $16.19 New
Old 2015-03-29, 22:54   Link #1156
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post

Accuracy International AT 7,62x51mm NATO ;D

Fitted with a S&B PMII 4-16x50mm P3 and ATLAS Bipod.
That's a nice one for sure.

(for those who are not into shooting, this is just under 10k if I am not mistaken.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 18:29   Link #1157
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

ps4 - Onechanbara Z3: Chaos - Banana Split Edition - pre-ordered: $49.99
Images
Dxracer Office Computer Ergonomic Gaming Chair - orange color - $329
Images
Walker Edison Soreno 3-piece Corner Desk - Black with black glass - $109.99
Images
comments: both the desk and gaming chair are for replacement of my old desk and chair.
my old desk is bit too tall and the old chair is not comfortable anymore. i need both of
these so that i can have better time playing videogames and watching movies while not
hurting my back and neck. XD

HM Digital TDS-EZ water quality TDS Tester - $15.81
Ledare E26 400 Lumen, 6.3 watts led light bulb - $13.20
Ikea 101.398.79 Not Floor uplight lamp - $15.59
comments: the lamp is for my room as well. my main light is kind of dead...i guess
something is wrong with the electric for it and it won't turn on anymore. so i'm using
this lamp for my lighting in my room for now.
Old 2015-04-10, 02:36   Link #1158
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Beat the server overhaul.

Old 2015-04-10, 03:35   Link #1159
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Look what I managed to get my hands on!

Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-10, 12:26   Link #1160
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Finally pulled the trigger and got a new 3DS (Japanese version) and I was able to add eShop credit without any problems, meaning I don't have to import 3DS games since I can probably download most of them without worrying about shipping costs.