AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! X2 Ketsu - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 2 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-02-19, 21:48   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Durarara!! X2 Ketsu - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Durarara!! X2 Ketsu, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 11:26   Link #2
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Awesome, Vorona getting a good spotlight this episode. She's such an underrated character imo.

Izaya still up to no good as usual. Interesting to learn about Celty's role in this arc.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />

Last edited by Stark700; 2016-02-20 at 11:39.
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 11:58   Link #3
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
Finally!!
after 2 season Izaya vs Shizuo about to happen again!
i am so missed their daily street fights
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 12:08   Link #4
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Yes!! shit is getting serious with the final confrontation between Shizuo and Izaya.

What I find interesting is how Vorona isn't able to understand her own feelings, can we say she's in love?
Nozomu Itoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 12:38   Link #5
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
#7

Spoiler for plot:
__________________

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 13:41   Link #6
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in my really nice house
Shizuo coming in while riding the bike XD so epic, too bad Celty's horse could not get him to help because of Izaya. Nice to see Vorona dealing with her feelings.
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 16:20   Link #7
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
So the final battle between Izaya and Shizuo is coming up.

Vorona got some screen time where she wrestled with her feelings. She wants to have a full on battle with Shizuo but at the time values the normal life she led with him. In the end Vorona showed that she still thinks of him as her senpai and even pushes him out of the way of danger.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 17:25   Link #8
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
That business man, only that person doesn't have much battle power.
Telling Varona or Kasane to offend things.

Mikado, he is going to realize that things can go back to normal.
It also seems like Mairu and Kururi gave up, I forgot which one gave away Aoba's name.

But where's Shinra?
Until Celty is freed and thing around there aren't safe, I guess his appearance has to wait.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 18:56   Link #9
Ginevra
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
The moment when Izaya is shown standing on the roof after attacks was eerie. I'm so used to him being relatively harmless that after two murder attempts to see him against the sky was... legitimately scary. It's not like he was sane to begin with, but now he lost it completely.

The prize for the funniest moment goes to Shizuo riding a bike like a good citizen towards Kujiragi. Lol.

I wonder how much Shizaya fangirls are raging now, after Shizuo's scenes with Vorona. I actually know one who stopped watching Durarara because of Vorona being such an obviously intended ship, so it's possible that those who watched up til now will finally drop in despair.

I do understand Namie. Izaya was all like "Mikado cool, Mikado awesome!", and yet Mikado sits on his butt inside of some moldy warehouse knowing nothing and doing nothing. No surprise she's indignant about it. Listen less to Izaya, I guess? Except he sounded serious about how awesome Mikado was. So I am indignant too and want to see where all that power Izaya was babbling about is. Don't tell me it's just a gun, what can you possibly do with one single gun? Me and Namie are equally anticipating for Mikado to do something important. Go go go!
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 05:44   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Shizuo seems resolved to kill Izaya. He wen too far this time.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 09:19   Link #11
SeaDoor
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeastern US
I am now so lost in this show that there are only a few plot lines I try to follow. The only thing I really sure of anymore is that I so want to see Izaya die a slow and painful death.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 21:40   Link #12
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
This is it, the fated Izaya and Shizuo duel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
I do understand Namie. Izaya was all like "Mikado cool, Mikado awesome!", and yet Mikado sits on his butt inside of some moldy warehouse knowing nothing and doing nothing. No surprise she's indignant about it. Listen less to Izaya, I guess? Except he sounded serious about how awesome Mikado was. So I am indignant too and want to see where all that power Izaya was babbling about is. Don't tell me it's just a gun, what can you possibly do with one single gun? Me and Namie are equally anticipating for Mikado to do something important. Go go go!
Because Mikado one of most dangerous and unpredictable people in the cast. A person who is completely self-aware of his strengths and weaknessness yet still manages to not only be unnerving composed when face with fear, but will plan countermeasures where others would trembling is someone to reckoned with. I.e If Mikado faced someone he couldn't beat with brute strength, he'd either 1) manipulate some one else to do it 2) go and get gun and shoot the said person or 3) use a knife stab person all without battering eyelash. Mikado strength is that he has the mental fortitude (no matter how warped it is) to carry out whatever he needs to do achieve his ends.

And if looked at him from the surface you never believe Mikado would capable of such conviction. Of course without this trait Mikado would be no different from an ordinary kid, but he wouldn't be the Mikado who started the Dollars and challenged a human trafficking research pharmaceuticals partly for his own fun.

So the abnormality and danger from Mikado is different from someone like Shizuo who is more straightforward or supernatural entity like with Celty. It's subtle and it's hardest to prepare for because by the time you notice something is wrong it's already too late.

And Izaya loves that kind of "human" because those are the ones who push past their limitations (physical or mental) without breaking certain universal rules like coming back from the dead or nearly physically impervious.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-21 at 22:10.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 23:07   Link #13
Router25
World Connector. I think
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Age: 22
It feels like Shizuo needs the jigsaw mask when he entered the scene with the bike
__________________
Now, how did I end up here?
Router25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 13:12   Link #14
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I'm more concerned with Kasane calling Celty her "rival in love". I seriously hope she was just being witty, because seriously, Shinra!? There are other choices.

Kodata secretly left the hospital. He's a man to the end, but really, Dotachin? It couldn't wait?

Liked the Devil Survivor reference. Also, poor driver realizing he's the only sane person .
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 16:28   Link #15
Ginevra
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Because Mikado one of most dangerous and unpredictable people in the cast. A person who is completely self-aware of his strengths and weaknessness yet still manages to not only be unnerving composed when face with fear, but will plan countermeasures where others would trembling is someone to reckoned with. I.e If Mikado faced someone he couldn't beat with brute strength, he'd either 1) manipulate some one else to do it 2) go and get gun and shoot the said person or 3) use a knife stab person all without battering eyelash. Mikado strength is that he has the mental fortitude (no matter how warped it is) to carry out whatever he needs to do achieve his ends.

And if looked at him from the surface you never believe Mikado would capable of such conviction. Of course without this trait Mikado would be no different from an ordinary kid, but he wouldn't be the Mikado who started the Dollars and challenged a human trafficking research pharmaceuticals partly for his own fun.

So the abnormality and danger from Mikado is different from someone like Shizuo who is more straightforward or supernatural entity like with Celty. It's subtle and it's hardest to prepare for because by the time you notice something is wrong it's already too late.

And Izaya loves that kind of "human" because those are the ones who push past their limitations (physical or mental) without breaking certain universal rules like coming back from the dead or nearly physically impervious.
Hey, I totally agree with you. I just think that it's not what Namie is currently thinking. She doesn't care for Mikado's character and potential resourcefulness, she cares that he isn't doing anything with it. We can admire hidden strength how much we want, but if we're a person who expects an immediate result from someone, we need a result and not a mere potentiality of result...

That's why I believe I do understand Namie! She attempts to provoke him and even insult him, all for the sake of eliciting an action on his part.

Although I do not understand what she really hopes for. Suppose, Seiji ran off in search of the head, how is Mikado going to fix that problem? Lol.

Besides, it's interesting that one of things she says is "but you know nothing". It rings so true to me. Mikado doesn't know everything about what's going on, so it's one of his weaknesses. Namie suggests that he should actively start learning what's going on, to take control of it. Sounds smart to me, on her part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I'm more concerned with Kasane calling Celty her "rival in love". I seriously hope she was just being witty, because seriously, Shinra!? There are other choices.
To be honest, I greatly disliked that moment. Noone can fall in love at the first sight or from kissing someone. It sounds incredibly lame and cheap. I can only hope that in the novels there was some reason for that, and we just didn't get it due to how the anime truncates scenes and speeches.
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 01:14   Link #16
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
Shinra has Celty and Shizuo has Varona.
So what other options Kasane has, Izaya who just ordered someone to drop heavy things that ends up everyone killed from up high?
Kasane did label herself as a villain to Anri and Haruna didn't she?
But too bad for Kasane, Izaya says he only loves human, is Kasane originally human?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 03:31   Link #17
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
She is a full fledged monster.
Which is why she is jealous of Celty in the first place. "There is someone who can love a monster, but why I never ran into someone like that!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
And Izaya loves that kind of "human" because those are the ones who push past their limitations (physical or mental) without breaking certain universal rules like coming back from the dead or nearly physically impervious.
But you know that is not love. Just individual like that won't provoke his complex.
And he is overjoyed about Mikado because Mikado, too, stoop down to the level of a lowly dirty human being.
Thus his praise to Mikado is completely shallow.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 14:02   Link #18
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Shinra has Celty and Shizuo has Varona.
So what other options Kasane has, Izaya who just ordered someone to drop heavy things that ends up everyone killed from up high?
Kasane did label herself as a villain to Anri and Haruna didn't she?
But too bad for Kasane, Izaya says he only loves human, is Kasane originally human?
You think that would have stopped her just because they were in relationships with other people (Shizuo just views Varona as a kouhai though). She already kidnapped Shinra to make Celty go berserk.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 02:38   Link #19
Ginevra
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
But you know that is not love. Just individual like that won't provoke his complex.
And he is overjoyed about Mikado because Mikado, too, stoop down to the level of a lowly dirty human being.
Thus his praise to Mikado is completely shallow.
What do you mean by the words in bold? Which complex and what's "just individual"?
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 04:35   Link #20
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
What do you mean by the words in bold? Which complex and what's "just individual"?
I am not using just as adjective there.
And Izaya has huge complex over people that are special since day one.
His all "I love human" is just a self induced delusion to make himself look away from his own longing of those that are "special".
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.