AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 11.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-09-19, 18:19   Link #21
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
If Tengan is the mastermind the series really have become Hope Killing Hope and it would be all for the Kamakura Project but this could also mean that Junko could of bet a puppet for Tengan from the beginninng. Think about it what the best way to to make the Ultimate Hope then the World being bring to the point of being destory when a Ultimate Hope would be most needed to show up. Now it all about destorying the Left Over Puppets and making should only one Hope remain before he most likey put him/her through the same thing that give Izuru all the talents.

The real question is there 1 more episode for future or 2 to end things which the mastermind who could be Tengan.

There also a chance that the real Tengan may of bet Number 13 and the one who got kill by Kyousuke was a fake.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:25   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Edit: The aditional problem here is that the detective never had a chance to aquire said knowledge as its existance has been kept secret by Chisa, Juzou and Mitari.As such Kyouko was unable to solve the entire mysstery while you as viewer were, which is why a mystery should be solvable with knowledge you know the detective has. Take Agatha Christie for example: You always knew she knew a lot about plants as she kept a garden of her own - thus when she solved the murder in a certain case you could easily rest and say 'yeah she said she knows about that'; In other words the detective was actually able to solve all the mysteries on their own and readers didn't need any knowledge the detective has never been hinted to have to an extend where they could use said knowledge to solve the case.
Yet in a proper mystery you should be able to do exactly that - solve the case with the detective's knowledge.
She never said "They were brainwashed by the monitors and then killed themselves.". She said "They killed themselves, and they also were positioned close to a monitor.". They didn't figure out the brainwashing part until Naegi experienced it for himself.


Also, I'll see your Agatha Christie and raise you a Columbo, where the audience knows everything about what happened from the very beginning. >_> The very idea that mystery shows should adhere to a bunch of rules which can never be broken is bs.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:31   Link #23
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
How convenient that the game has ended and we no longer can get to see the counter of remaining survivors, leaving Kirigiri's status unknown in the same episode Juzo turned out to still be alive. Rest in peace Sakakura, you went out like a boss.

As for who is the mastermind behind this, is clearly not Junko, of course not.

Monokuma stated back in episode 1 "if it happened twice it will happen trice".

But this is the 4th Killing Game. Which means the mastermind of this one is completely unaware of the events that transpired in Jabberwock island.

As a note of interest, Monokuma used the same chant he did back in episode 2 to wake up Naegi.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:35   Link #24
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
She never said "They were brainwashed by the monitors and then killed themselves.". She said "They killed themselves, and they also were positioned close to a monitor.". They didn't figure out the brainwashing part until Naegi experienced it for himself.
Which I already told you isn't the problem - The problem is that you were unable to solve the case through the detective's PoV


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also, I'll see your Agatha Christie and raise you a Columbo, where the audience knows everything about what happened from the very beginning.
Columbo was still able to solve everything with his own accumulated knowledge though . In columbo you also usually never truly know who the culrpit was until Columbo starts pestering them oer and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
>_> The very idea that mystery shows should adhere to a bunch of rules which can never be broken is bs.
The detective should still be able to solve the case just as well as the viewers.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:35   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
How convenient that the game has ended and we no longer can get to see the counter of remaining survivors, leaving Kirigiri's status unknown in the same episode Juzo turned out to still be alive. Rest in peace Sakakura, you went out like a boss.

As for who is the mastermind behind this, is clearly not Junko, of course not.

Monokuma stated back in episode 1 "if it happened twice it will happen trice".

But this is the 4th Killing Game. Which means the mastermind of this one is completely unaware of the events that transpired in Jabberwock island.

As a note of interest, Monokuma used the same chant he did back in episode 2 to wake up Naegi.
Last episode, the counter was inconsistent back when we thought Sakakura died. Therefore, the "extra" person was Sakakura, and Kirigiri is actually dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Columbo was still able to solve everything with his own accumulated knowledge though . In columbo you also usually never truly know who the culrpit was until Columbo starts pestering them oer and over.
It usually shows the murderer in the first act, committing the actual murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The detective should still be able to solve the case just as well as the viewers.
Says who, you? Besides, the viewers are able to solve the mystery, and the, err, Naegi, who isn't even a detective, solved it as well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:42   Link #26
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Last episode, the counter was inconsistent back when we thought Sakakura died. Therefore, the "extra" person was Sakakura, and Kirigiri is actually dead.
The counter is still inconsistent by one additional person. But now the game is pretty much over, the counter thing no longer applies and someone who seemingly died can turn out to be alive. And there's a bottle of medicine out there that has been heavily foreshadowed to save a life. Take it however you wish.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:43   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
The counter is still inconsistent by one additional person. But now the game is pretty much over, the counter no longer applies and someone who seemingly died can be alive. And there's a bottle of medicine that has been heavily foreshadowed to save a life. Take it however you wish.
The counter was always off by one person, though. This did not change after Kirigiri died.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:51   Link #28
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The counter was always off by one person, though. This did not change after Kirigiri died.
It wasn't meant for Kirigiri (despite how things are looking for now, I'm pretty sure she's going to revive by the end), but to the one who is obviously behind all this.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 18:52   Link #29
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Says who, you? Besides, the viewers are able to solve the mystery, and the, err, Naegi, who isn't even a detective, solved it as well.
Its called detective mystery and not reader/viewer mystery for a reason.
Naegi didn't really sole anything btw - he experienced it which is something completely different than solving things like it was done in previous DR detective mystery installments.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-19 at 19:08.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 19:11   Link #30
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
You know when they say "a picture is worth a thousand words?"

Spoiler for spoiler:


How can someone who was already brainwashed and crazy be affected by a despair video? Smells fishy.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 19:16   Link #31
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
You know when they say "a picture is worth a thousand words?"

Spoiler for spoiler:


How can someone who was already brainwashed and crazy be affected by a despair video? Smells fishy.
I'd like to add a bit to that - I went back to EP one and checked while she was arguably in fact the closest one to a monitor (because Monaca would have still been closer to one than her ) th way her death was protrayed doesn't match up.

She used a single chair to get up to the chandelier, yet 3 chairs where on the ground. Now she would have not only had to climb up to the chandelier but also kick away the chair when she was already up there as none of the chairs where found even remotely in a position where she could have used it to climb up there.

So far so good - However - the chandelier is way higher up than the length she'd create with a single chair + table + her own hegiht;
I admit this could be an animation screwup again though.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 19:28   Link #32
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Why are Remnants of Despair working for Future Foundation?

Why didn't Chisa make her move on Future Foundation? She killed random kids offscreen to relieve her thirst for Despair?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 19:35   Link #33
DMurphy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Orrr the counter is meant for Hiro, especially since it's for the audience's benefit and so doesn't necessarily have to strictly relate to the killing game and could just be counting down the main cast.

It's very easy to make claims like "the extra number on the counter is the culprit!" but you don't actually know that. You don't even have any evidence for that. It's something you believe is true.
__________________

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 19:41   Link #34
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'd like to add a bit to that - I went back to EP one and checked while she was arguably in fact the closest one to a monitor (because Monaca would have still been closer to one than her ) th way her death was protrayed doesn't match up.

She used a single chair to get up to the chandelier, yet 3 chairs where on the ground. Now she would have not only had to climb up to the chandelier but also kick away the chair when she was already up there as none of the chairs where found even remotely in a position where she could have used it to climb up there.

So far so good - However - the chandelier is way higher up than the length she'd create with a single chair + table + her own hegiht;
I admit this could be an animation screwup again though.
Let's leave the part about how she even got on the chandelier. As you have just said, that could be just an animation screwup.

Anyway, you know there's something going on when they keep remiding us of Chisa's status as a Remnant of Despair when she seemingly died 10 chapters ago. Keyword being "seemingly".
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 19:47   Link #35
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Its called detective mystery and not reader/viewer mystery for a reason.
Since when has DR really been a "detective mystery" though?

I mean I guess you're welcome to be disappointed that its not what you wanted but IMO the trials and game theory elements have pretty much always outweighed the traditional mystery aspects.

Anyway I wonder what the odds are on Monaca coming back...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 20:00   Link #36
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Subs are out. And damn, you know you're royally screwed big when the Remnant of Despair is the head in charge of the Intel Branch.

EDIT:

So the animosity Juzo felt towards Naegi turned out to actually be a mixture of hatred for securing the Remnants and jealously because he defeated Junko while he allowed himself be blackmailed.

In the end Juzo died a hero, ending the Killing Game with his last breath.

Last edited by Knighto; 2016-09-19 at 20:14.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 20:13   Link #37
DMurphy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Since when has DR really been a "detective mystery" though?

I mean I guess you're welcome to be disappointed that its not what you wanted but IMO the trials and game theory elements have pretty much always outweighed the traditional mystery aspects.

Anyway I wonder what the odds are on Monaca coming back...
This.

Don't get me wrong, Danganronpa does take some of its cues from detective mysteries -- I could ramble for an age on how much the first game is inspired by Sherlock Holmes, and how much the second game is inspired by Agatha Christie's works. Kazutaka Kodaka is very obviously a fan of detective mysteries, and that has had a pretty big influence on Danganronpa.

That having been said, Danganronpa's other major influence would seem to be -- perhaps pretty obviously -- Ace Attorney, and Ace Attorney's stories are always set up so that uncovering the killer isn't the focus of the plot, but rather facing off against an adversary and proving to a reticent group of people that they are the killer.

Danganronpa's stories tend to fall somewhere between the two, so I think that discussing it from the perspective of it being a detective mystery can lead us to some pretty interesting and useful conclusions about it, both from a 'let's figure out the mystery' standpoint and from a critical standpoint. But I also think it's a mistake to assume that Danganronpa must always abide by the rules of a detective mystery, because it doesn't.
__________________

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 20:23   Link #38
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Subs are out. And damn, you know you're royally screwed big when the Remnant of Despair is the head in charge of the Intel Branch.
Tengan may not be a Remnant of Despair but someone who may do anything to try and make the Ultimate Hope and Tengan could be a far better enemy then another Remnant of Despair if his motive for doing this is something like to Make an Ultimate Hope to lead the human race to being save because if we are honest Junko didn't have to be the one to ruin the World because there a high chance the Human Race itself could end up destorying itself and if Tengan goal is equel to trying to make a Messiah to lead the Human Race from destorying itself. If it Chisa it just another brainwash Despair lover and someone who is only despair because they were brainwash and I don't fear them as must as someone like Junko who to what we know did all of this because of her Free Will but then again Junko could also turn out to be someone use for the Ultimate Hope Project which is what ended up turning her into the Ultimate Despair very must like what happen to Izuru.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 21:33   Link #39
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Danganronpa's stories tend to fall somewhere between the two
You forgot the game theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

Probably one of the bigger reasons Junko-sama is best girl and of course best analyst.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 21:37   Link #40
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Have some of you forgotten about Tengan's NG code and what he said in Ep 5? He's clearly not a Remnant of Despair. I'm guessing Tengan suspected who the mastermind after seeing the equipments installed throughout the facility. Maybe that message from him at the end of the episode will tell us who it is.
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.