AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite True Tears character(s)
Nakagami Shinichiro 77 22.25%
Yuasa Hiromi 179 51.73%
Isurugi Noe 191 55.20%
Ando Aiko 115 33.24%
Nobuse Miyokichi 81 23.41%
Isurugi Jun 77 22.25%
Shinichiro's Mother 28 8.09%
Shinichiro's Father 23 6.65%
Kurobe Tomoyo 22 6.36%
Raigomaru 36 10.40%
Jibeta 42 12.14%
Others 8 2.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-02, 00:28   Link #41
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
I feel exactly the same way. I liked a lot of characters in True Tears, but I only voted for Noe because she was the character that really kept me engrossed in the story all the way to the end.
True. Noe was the sole reason I didn't drop True Tears. She just brightens up the place. She's the star of the show IMO lol Without her, Shinichiro being torn between Ai and Hiromi would be as generic as the harem shows out there. Noe = <3

P.S.
Go Jibeta. Beat Shinichiro.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 08:43   Link #42
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Go Jibeta. Beat Shinichiro.
Jibeta is indeed catching up to Shin, the gap is just 3 votes now.

And Noe still has 5 point lead to Hiromi...gomen Hiromi, couldn't help you catch up because I voted everyone. +_+
I wonder who will be on top once the hype dies down and majority of fans have voted.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 11:08   Link #43
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

lol..Noe Best Character ^.^
Old 2008-04-02, 11:17   Link #44
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
Voted for Noe, Aiko, Miyokichi and Jibeta. (GO JIBETA!)

Noe's the best.

(I don't like Hiromi ... *Hides behind a chair*)
Old 2008-04-02, 13:41   Link #45
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Jibeta is indeed catching up to Shin, the gap is just 3 votes now.

And Noe still has 5 point lead to Hiromi...gomen Hiromi, couldn't help you catch up because I voted everyone. +_+
I wonder who will be on top once the hype dies down and majority of fans have voted.
That's probably what's happening. Personally, I liked Hiromi more than Noe, but I voted for both. I think though there are probably more people who would vote only for Noe than only for Hiromi even though in terms of preference they probably have similar numbers of people who favor one over the other more.

Also, most of the polls that I've seen on blogs feature people voting for "wanting" the ShinxHiromi pairing over the ShinxNoe pairing by a substantial margin, but I don't think anyone ever did that kind of poll here so we'll never know how the visitors here would have voted on that kind of thing and it is a different kind of issue altogether...

Either way, I guess what I'm trying to say is that this poll doesn't indicate which of any of the characters is more popular in his or her own right, since we're able to choose more than one option, so it really doesn't matter who gets more votes. I chose everyone except Tomoyo, but in a "one choice" option I would have selected Hiromi.

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-04-02 at 13:52.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 14:07   Link #46
EhrinUCHI

Noe, Aiko, Jun and JibetaXD
Old 2008-04-02, 18:34   Link #47
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Also, most of the polls that I've seen on blogs feature people voting for "wanting" the ShinxHiromi pairing over the ShinxNoe pairing by a substantial margin, but I don't think anyone ever did that kind of poll here so we'll never know how the visitors here would have voted on that kind of thing and it is a different kind of issue altogether...
That would be interesting, a "Who's your favourite pairing in True Tears?" poll. Shin x Hiromi, Shin x Noe, or Shin x Aiko and only one choice would be allowed. A poll like that would probably spawn a lot of debates and the mods might not allow a poll like that here anyway.

Quote:
Either way, I guess what I'm trying to say is that this poll doesn't indicate which of any of the characters is more popular in his or her own right, since we're able to choose more than one option, so it really doesn't matter who gets more votes. I chose everyone except Tomoyo, but in a "one choice" option I would have selected Hiromi.
The poll here might not be exactly accurate to say who's the most popular True Tears character on Animesuki, but it does give us the idea which characters have a larger following, Noe has a 20 vote lead over Aiko - inspite of the option to vote everyone. There are a lot of people here who voted particularly for their favourites like Dragoonkain and mikesince83 who voted Hiromi and avoided Noe. Similarly, some of the posts on this page show people voting only for Noe and not voting for Hiromi.

On a last note. as Hiromi said on episode 13 - "I'm a sportsman" it's ok for her if Noe wins this one.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-04-03 at 09:59.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 10:56   Link #48
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

the guy who will take over the brewery the bochan saying guy.

And noe > hiromi ofc. Because she is spacey and all that
Old 2008-04-03, 11:21   Link #49
Sakes

I feel indifferent about all of the characters...
Sakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 11:47   Link #50
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I'd go w/ Hiromi. Shes beautiful; athletic; she gets jealous; sometimes bitchy; concerned; and all other traits you'd want you're girlfriend to have. She really is head over heels for Shin. And I believe Shin would be happy being w/ her.

Noe is cute too. Though I don't see her having good long lasting relationship w/ Shin. C'mon lets face it. She's weird; sometimes scary; she immature; yet all those traits is what make her likable. But Shin is you're typical normal guy; he may had developed a strong bond/feelings for Noe. But in the end; Hiromi is all Shin wants. Though I'm wishing they'd stay as good friends after all that had happend(though I doubt hiromi would really like or accept it though lol). (oh yeah; and ShinxNoe don't make a good couple at all).

So yeah; I'm a bit bias; but I like Hiromi. That's all.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 14:49   Link #51
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
That's probably what's happening. Personally, I liked Hiromi more than Noe, but I voted for both. I think though there are probably more people who would vote only for Noe than only for Hiromi even though in terms of preference they probably have similar numbers of people who favor one over the other more.
I don't see what the difference is. It's a poll to see which characters a person liked and which they didn't. Regardless of whether a person votes for both girls or only one, the message is the same - this is the amount of people who ended up liking this character. And as an aside, I don't see where one could find that more people vote for Noe and not Hiromi than vice versa, this has a "made up on the spot" feel to it. Looking at other - polls (single vote) - the trend in this poll does not seem to be unusual at all. Dismissing it seems a tad silly.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..

Last edited by Theowne; 2008-04-03 at 23:12.
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 21:23   Link #52
anselfir
Style Über Alles

hiromi person here, although noe is not a bad character at all. just a little slow at times, hehe. a bit of a blade from another dimension, to quote the great akagi. noe's gravity is mostly not romantic, but that's exactly what's needed to make a romance show interesting.

i do not find noe deep at all. it is just artsy posing. yea, blame my philosophy background, takes a bit more to impress me.

hiromi is someone you can really talk to for hours.

Last edited by anselfir; 2008-04-06 at 16:02.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 04:18   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
That would be interesting, a "Who's your favourite pairing in True Tears?" poll. Shin x Hiromi, Shin x Noe, or Shin x Aiko and only one choice would be allowed. A poll like that would probably spawn a lot of debates and the mods might not allow a poll like that here anyway.
If KGNE can have a Mitsuki Vs Haruka poll that I don't see why we can't have a Hiromi Vs Noe poll. Maybe its just me but I don't think the Hiromi vs Noe debate would be anywhere near as intense as any Mitsuki Vs Haruka, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who's seen both series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:23   Link #54
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I voted for Noe, Aiko and the chickens. Hiromi and Shin were pretty boring to me and Nobuse was nice and all but not the type of guy that I would like.
Old 2008-04-17, 13:28   Link #55
arcadian

It was a good but not great story overall. It followed a well supported path with some plot twists along the way. It was all about misunderstandings and mistakes that get corrected in the end, with plenty of emotional pain suffered in the process. That's a necessary part of drama. Shin and Hiromi certainly had plenty of obstacles in their path, starting with Shin's mother who created the major problem that led to other misunderstandings and problems, but then redeemed herself later.

Unlike some others I was'nt that inspired by Noe. For a high school girl who is probably supposed to be at least 16 yrs old, she seemed physically and mentally more like a 12 yr. old. I guess they thought it would make her seem cuter, along with having some delusional beliefs that were supposed to enhance the cuteness. In the end she had to get over those delusions to grow up as they were all in her head. Her grandmother did'nt take away her tears, there were no such things as curses, chicken (or people) can't really fly as she learned after jumping off the tree, and she was'nt as perceptive as she or many viewers had earlier thought. After realizing all that, in the end she gave up her delusions to become normal and find some friends instead of being the weird girl that everyone in school thought she was before. That's what her part of the story was about.

Surprised to see Jun being so popular with the votes considering he seemed pretty selfish. A lot of people gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought that he tried to hook Shin up with Noe for her sake but the last 2 episodes revealed that it was more for his own sake. His biggest flaw is that he showed little consideration for others besides himself and his sister although he finally took responsibility for his actions in the final episode by seeming to try and absolve Shin and Hiromi of any guilt they felt by accepting his major part in the mess that was created. Maybe his final development is that he realized that he needed to let go of Noe so they both can live their own lives and develop properly. They both seemed stuck and stunted emotionally since their grandmother died.
arcadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 14:01   Link #56
Crimson Sand
Open Mind

I like Noe! I can kinda relate to her, and I just like her character. ^^

I also kinda like Ai-chan~
Crimson Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 11:03   Link #57
evangeline88
Moe Master

noe is the best !! ^^
i voted her ...

and ai-chan ...
i like her characteristic too

evangeline88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 14:24   Link #58
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I voted for Noe, all the rest seem too normal for me. But Noe is just special... who else believes that jumping from the top of a tree might be able to fly??
Just kidding, but I seriously like dreamers (specially female dreamers )
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:09   Link #59
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I AM VERY DELIGHTED TO TELL YOU: SAY NO TO HIROMI. It is good to see that Noe kicked Hiromi no matter what day it is.

Edit: This is one great thread, why?:

1. Jibeta HAD more votes than Shin
2. Incest Pedobear Isurugi Jun had more votes than chickens
3. Yea the other reason.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-07-09 at 00:23.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:15   Link #60
depthcharge101

I voted Hiromi. Everyone's likeable in the show, Noe and Aiko, but I just favour her a little more.
depthcharge101 is offline   Reply With Quote