AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-05, 01:46   Link #41
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
yeah but that was a pretty tame Sousuke and i just wonder how she would of put up with him if he acted like he did around Kaname at Jindai
That wasn't a tame Sousuke that was a true Sousuke (the Sousuke Kurtz was speaking about at the beginning of the first novel), in Jindai he was trying to act as somebody else to "integrate" in society.

If you were to put Nami and Sousuke at Jindai, you will probably have Sousuke bieng Sousuke, Nami helping him (dismantling the car of the teacher or building the radio transmitter on the roof) and Kaname having to punish two people instead of only one

IMHO, Kaname, Tessa, Nami and even Mao are all able to put up with Sousuke, but the important point is that Sousuke only love Kaname.

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2009-05-05 at 02:48.
Old 2009-05-06, 23:07   Link #42
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

That doesn't mean it couldn't have turned out different. In the situation you present, even if Kaname was there along with Nami, who knows, maybe Sousuke could have thought he didn't wanted to be punished by Kaname and just decided to stay with Nami Even Sousuke himself thought about staying with Nami in BOMF, of course, too much had already happened to forget Kaname, but there was a chance!

And I agree that Souske in BOMF was real Sousuke and not over-paranoid Jindai Sousuke. Technically, he was working when he met Kaname.
Old 2009-05-16, 16:16   Link #43
Kovikow

IMO, Sousuke would still only love Kaname as well.. In spite of there are other girls in anime who would "suit" him better... But he don't needs them... I mean, it was also a similar situation w/ Tessa, Kaname tought that Tessa would fit to Sousuke perfectly, cause shes the typical "weak woman" and Sousuke is the "strong man" for her to protect, but no, he just loves Kaname, in spite of all differences between them..
Old 2009-06-16, 03:32   Link #44
User91411
Disabled By Request

Kaname's a really, really hot anime girl. That and her strong personality (I always saw through her outer-bitch) makes me like her and think "No wonder Sousuke fell for her!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovikow View Post
Kaname tought that Tessa would fit to Sousuke perfectly, cause shes the typical "weak woman" and Sousuke is the "strong man" for her to protect, but no, he just loves Kaname, in spite of all differences between them..
That's because Sousuke's got yellow fever mah boy, he doesn't do white chicks no matter how submissive, cute and big their tits and ass are.

Old 2009-06-28, 18:50   Link #45
kagolamukanapika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
exactly sobersaliente you know at the end of TSR kaname finally started to realize what souske goes through to protect her and they both figure out their feeling for one another. in the novel COMO Leonard says something to Tessa (not going to say what though) and Kaname can barely look at Souske. so pretty much from the novels DVMC and COMO Kaname starts to become a bit of a scrag.

in my eyes the only way Shoji can make up for making us wait so long is giving us all the ending we want somehow Kaname and Souske better end up together just as FMPfan has said
I've read the translations up to NOT chapter 4b, and Kaname so far really didn't come off as having a complete shift in character. I'm confused. What exact instances has she shown such a great change in character? Hasn't she always been like this? She has always been strong, stubborn, and intimidating on the outside and scared, appreciative of Sousuke, and soft on the inside.

On another note, she's absolutely perfect for sousuke who is genuinely the same character on the inside and outside, completely oblivious and socially inept at times but always doing things with pure intentions. Kaname is just a very complex, unpredictable character whereas Sousuke is very predictable (except when he goes against duty), easily understood character, which makes him easily likeable as well. Kaname just takes some time to understand. In my mind, the thing that best describes Kaname is the song "Sore ga Ai deshou" by Shimokawa Mikuni, never admitting what she truly feels, but deeply appreciative and happy that she has sousuke. WHat she is like on the outside is the complete opposite of what she is like on the inside.

i just hope they make the new anime soon! They need to make it soon before shimokawa mikuni becomes too old and can no longer do the opening and ending songs!!!!
Old 2009-08-04, 03:12   Link #46
MackaFMP
Disabled By Request

Location: California (i heard there's gonna be a dramatic climate change) imma scarreddd!
Send a message via MSN to MackaFMP
Kaname Chidori's first kiss

Did you think it was ok for Kaname's first kiss to be with stupid Leornard!??? i mean he wasn't even shown for more than like 3 times and then he supposeably fell in love with her!? what the hell! i honestly think it should at least been with Sousuke or someone who was actually in more than 3 episodes! ugh!! im so pissed!! well it even gets better. THEN LEONARD KIDNAPS HER wow!:frustrate d:

and is there ever going to be a relationship between them??
Old 2009-08-04, 03:13   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

There's an entire Full Metal Panic forum here where this question would be better served.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-08-04, 21:38   Link #48
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackaFMP View Post
Did you think it was ok for Kaname's first kiss to be with stupid Leornard!??? i mean he wasn't even shown for more than like 3 times and then he supposeably fell in love with her!? what the hell! i honestly think it should at least been with Sousuke or someone who was actually in more than 3 episodes! ugh!! im so pissed!! well it even gets better. THEN LEONARD KIDNAPS HER wow!:frustrate d:

and is there ever going to be a relationship between them??
yeah leonard is pretty much the biggest creep ever. i was also pretty pissed of about what happened on the roof but if you read the novels it all starts to get better

Spoiler for Novel Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-11, 02:30   Link #49
visoman200

I love kaname she is the sexiest Chartcher =]
Old 2009-08-11, 02:38   Link #50
visoman200

Me wuv kaname <3
Old 2018-04-20, 20:07   Link #51
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
She’s going to shine in iV, though I like how she’s getting exposed to people being killed in contrast to Sosuke, which is usual.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Closed Thread