AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 18:05   Link #2281
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Have you tried hitting them with a sword till they stop moving? Haven't failed me yet... (But I didn't meet any till I had like 70% magic resistance).
Well.... my mages and assassins and thieves aren't exactly the "frontal assault" types -- but yeah I need to look at maxing frost resistance at the least so I *can* close in on them.

Its interesting seeing what is "hard" with the various classes (my sword/board guy can make hash of most of the things that give the glass cannons a headache and vice versa).
Old 2012-03-08, 19:26   Link #2282
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Backstab, Backstab, Backstab.

It's tradition.
Old 2012-03-08, 20:28   Link #2283
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
After tweaking my game via Creation Kit, I generally avoid taking spellcasters head-on (ESPECIALLY after I upped the damage of all the Destruction spells to make them worth the trouble up to the endgame), as even with resistances they kill my armored caster in one or two hits. Having sidekicks and summons is virtually a requirement for me now.

By the way, giving NPCs like Balgruf or Ulfric the Marked For Death shout is generally a bad idea for you, as apparently the effects on YOU are permanent, unlike if you use the shout on them. Let me tell you, looking at minus 3000 Defense was a rude surprise.

(for the curious, I gave Balgruf Unrelenting Force, Disarm, Ice Form, and Marked For Death)
Old 2012-03-08, 22:04   Link #2284
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Backstab, Backstab, Backstab.

It's tradition.
Heh... which is why the smart ones stay up on a dais with no space to work with behind them and no way to get there easily.

<shrug> I've got some ideas to try
Old 2012-03-09, 02:13   Link #2285
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Bow and poison?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 02:20   Link #2286
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Bow and poison?
Along with the biggest tank companion I can find...
Old 2012-03-09, 02:23   Link #2287
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I eventually got to the point where I could oneshot any enemy in the game with a single backstab...
Old 2012-03-09, 03:48   Link #2288
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh... which is why the smart ones stay up on a dais with no space to work with behind them and no way to get there easily.

<shrug> I've got some ideas to try
You could just drink an invisibility potion. But then, I myself never remember to use any of my potions until I am near death and needed healing. I got a minibar full of unused potions back in the house.
Old 2012-03-09, 19:13   Link #2289
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm worse. I also forget to offload them, so they're just dead weight.

I've tried the invisibility potion. I must say, lots of guys in Skyrim have very good hearing. (I guess it's a must in a world where invisibility potions exist and are readily available...)
Old 2012-03-09, 19:43   Link #2290
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
I'm worse. I also forget to offload them, so they're just dead weight.
I threw several dozen potions into the water next to the stairs leading up to the castle in Whiterun. They mysteriously teleported onto the walkway after fast traveling somewhere else and then returning to Whiterun.
Old 2012-03-10, 13:37   Link #2291
DuoRanger
Banned

someone tried to use the Enhanced Followers mod for Aela?

im having fun with this mod
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:46   Link #2292
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
someone tried to use the Enhanced Followers mod for Aela?

im having fun with this mod
How does it affect her as a follower?
Old 2012-03-11, 01:35   Link #2293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been using the "specialized followers" mod
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7245
Old 2012-03-11, 22:49   Link #2294
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I never actually bothered with followers in Skyrim, mostly due to being a pure stealth class. I use the hell out of them in FO3/NV because once you fire once, stealth is pretty much gone, but with the various spells and activated abilities in Skyrim, I could backstab an entire group of guys from stealth one at a time.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:15   Link #2295
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, my assassin and sneak thief almost never use followers unless I need a distraction.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:27   Link #2296
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

To me, they're not so much "followers" as "friendly fire accidents waiting to happen". A good summon serves the same purpose most of the time anyway.
Old 2012-03-12, 23:46   Link #2297
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I have been playing a thief that uses the bow and I use a lot of stealth in dungeons and caves, so I haven't used a follower yet.

I thought up different ideas for a second character, but the one I want to play as for a second character that I think I've settled on is a vagabond type warrior. A lawful one, not a criminal type. If she steals sometimes, I'll pretend that she justifies it by a "Stealing to get by is okay for me because I'm a dragonborn and I am needed in Skyrim to help fight these dragons" line of thought. I plan to travel a lot on horse with her (I don't really with the thief because she is big into alchemy) and have her use light armors like barbarians would use (leather, fur/hide, scaled), a shield, make use of one-handed axes and maces, and carry a bow because they will come in handy. I'd try to have weapons that match the armor (not things like glass weapons). I would use a follower with her. I was thinking of having her marry Aela the Huntress or Mjoll the Lioness and adventuring with them. Maybe I'll marry both with the polygamy mod. I guess it wouldn't hurt to marry a third warrior woman (polygamous relationships work best with even numbers, if you know what I mean. ).

Also, does anybody else here have a thing for Njada Stonearm? >.> She is hot in a kinda weird sorta way.
Old 2012-03-13, 00:07   Link #2298
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My sword/board nord is similar to what you're describing (light warrior vagabond) but he's been traveling with a little backstab archer rogue I created (see the Dravik&Misty pics in my albums). Misty's back story is just of a homeless street pixie who was lurking in Riverwood getting by with minor pilfering. Drav is her ticket to better food, shelter, protection, etc.

So far that seems to work well... I get their attention and she dances around backstabbing or arrowing them. If I can figure out how to easily post her stats without copious typing I will.

Dravik, the sword and board Nord and Misty the street alley pixie
(FYI, this is the same height/size differential as my wife and I - basically this is a Skyrim version of her and I)

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-03-13 at 00:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 00:12   Link #2299
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My sword/board nord is similar to what you're describing (light warrior vagabond) but he's been traveling with a little backstab archer rogue I created (see the Dravik&Misty pics in my albums). So far that seems to work well... I get their attention and she dances around backstabbing or arrowing them. If I can figure out how to easily post her stats without copious typing I will.
What did you mean by board in sword/board Nord?

Lol at this mod I found. There is now a craftable, "wearable" butt plug for Skyrim. The "Elven Butt Plug". Search for "Adult Toy" here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/ It is NSFW to look at the images.

I should add that it was under a latest updated files section. I didn't go searching for that search term, hehe.
Old 2012-03-13, 00:23   Link #2300
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah, "sword/board" ... hmmm, I can't remember where the term originated from but it is commonly used in the SCA and on gaming websites. It is just a rhyme way of referring to a 1-handed weapon & shield user. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...%20and%20board doesn't address the origins)

So Dravik is a Nord who specializes in 1-handed weapons and shield (technically *axe* and shield) and sword/board/nord just rhymed

Yeah, quite a few recent mods have been.... um, really stupid at the Nexus. Clinical rather than sexy, ridiculous (no one would wear that in public anywhere/anytime), and anatomical atrocities (boobs bigger than her head, impossible forms, etc)
I call it the "12 yr old horny boy without a clue" problem

Many of the mods also suffer from "god mode" problems: overpowering the character. They could just save time by typing "TGM" in the console if they're not interested in a challenge.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim