Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-01, 10:04   Link #61
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

the first episode feels bland..

but I'll give it two more episodes, before deciding to drop or continue.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-01, 10:20   Link #62
Rasty

^ Yeah, 3 episode rule is always useful (especially since 1st episode tends to be infodump heavy).

Anyway, if you still feel the same after 3 episodes please share a bit more about your opinion. I like this show, but always wonder why it is not more popular, especially compared to some other shows of this season that I consider much blander (Hourou Meshi).

Not that I don't like some shows that most people (me included) consider trash, but am just missing something with this one.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-01, 22:49   Link #63
Alchemist007
*Author

The pacing has slowed some in my view, but it's still fine.
Old 2023-03-04, 15:47   Link #64
Rasty

Have I missed why the father is against the marriage, or was it not explained? And yeah, when the whole Mitsuha team gets together it's kind of overkill for anything.

So I guess we will soon see how well Mitsuha can handle her assault rifle.
Old 2023-03-04, 16:01   Link #65
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Have I missed why the father is against the marriage, or was it not explained?
It went the same way in the manga, I think its just making fun of the cliche more or less.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-04, 18:07   Link #66
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Have I missed why the father is against the marriage, or was it not explained?
IIRC he's not. The problem is just that Anel was oblivious and focused on his cooking.

Or do you mean why he stopped Mitsuha? He's just a commoner. He didn't want the king to get involved in his daughter's love life.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-04, 21:41   Link #67
Rasty

^ I see, I misunderstood what he was saying. He says "Reason to stop it", but I misunderstood it as the marriage, but he meant Mitsuha from involving the King.
Old 2023-03-06, 05:32   Link #68
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

better than the first episode, but still takes a lot of effort to keep watching this.

arming herself with modern weapons and a bit of advanced knowledge on hierarchy of nobles.. could be useful indeed.
Old 2023-03-18, 19:03   Link #69
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

That was turning into a lopsided victory before the dragon came. More isekai need anti air turrets.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-18, 20:32   Link #70
Rasty

^ I guess we will see how dragons fare against ATGMs in the next episode.
Old 2023-03-18, 22:03   Link #71
Alchemist007
*Author

They really went all in on guns vs oblivious old age troops, hopefully it's a brief thing for this series.
Old 2023-03-19, 03:32   Link #72
arkhangelsk

They already did what they could to make the competition look a little tougher by toughening up the monsters, in which they went even further than the author's attempt in Book 5 (maybe that's why they didn't bother with two people not making it since the newly added segment fulfills that function).

This series has never really been about the fighting. So fights are generally dealt with in a very perfunctionary manner. This war scene was all of 2 web novel episodes of about 3000 Japanese characters each.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-19, 06:57   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
^ Yeah, 3 episode rule is always useful (especially since 1st episode tends to be infodump heavy).

Anyway, if you still feel the same after 3 episodes please share a bit more about your opinion. I like this show, but always wonder why it is not more popular, especially compared to some other shows of this season that I consider much blander (Hourou Meshi).

Not that I don't like some shows that most people (me included) consider trash, but am just missing something with this one.
finally..

ok, my impression of this anime has turned a complete 180 degrees ----- after reading the manga, which has a nicely delivered story imo.

still on episode 2 of the anime.. but I'm giving this anime an 8/10 already, just by the source material alone.
Old 2023-03-19, 09:13   Link #74
arkhangelsk

I personally thought they adapted the beginning well - because this story's weakness really is in the introduction. I am educated in why many adaptations choose to compress the beginning portion to within one episode, no matter what it takes.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-19, 23:05   Link #75
Strahan

Getting GATE vibes from the latest episode, lol. The mercs seem to take being transported to another world and fighting fantasy monsters in stride. Curious if in the next episode if they touch on them having reactions to it. Also what's up with her power? Can she just transport whatever she is thinking about? I remember her thinking about transporting her whole store an episode or two ago. Did they ever give an explanation as to how it works? I can't recall.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 17:21   Link #76
Sides

Just finished watching the show, ending is a bit openish... hopefully the show gets additional seasons in the, no so distant, future. In a sense this season it feels like ground work for more to come and it would be wasted if the anime ends here.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 18:32   Link #77
Rasty

^ It has great potential and I would love to see how she manages her territory. I wonder how the show fared in Japan since the international audience seemed pretty disinterested in it for some reason.

Anyway, I would say 7.5/10 from me. The overall feel, animation, VA, etc. were good, but the fight scenes could take a bit better directing.
Old 2023-03-25, 19:49   Link #78
Alchemist007
*Author

Good level of humor. General isekainess aside, I liked the personalities in the setting.

7/10
Old 2023-03-26, 21:48   Link #79
Strahan

Wrapped up well. She saved the king and royal family, prevented the capital from being ravaged, and became a noble. Kinda feels like the premise, trying to ensure a comfortable retirement, is pretty much already in the bag given her new status and having the king's gratitude as much as she does lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-27, 07:50   Link #80
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 12:

I'm satisfied with the changes they made on the dragon fight, compared to the manga. Mitsuha actually had to think of a way on getting past the barrier.

the awards ceremony is less detailed, but still acceptable. This is anime after all, they have limited time. Nice to see Alexis recovered.

funny when Sabine wanted to come along, but sadly got carried back by two bodyguards.

for a few moments, it was awkward when Colette and her parents realized Mitsuha is now a noble.. issue is resolved right away, and Colette will live with Mitsuha in her land.

solid 8/10

Tags
action, isekai