AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2022-03-15, 05:59   Link #12721
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elridan View Post
Hello! I'm a new user here and I am hoping someone may be able to help me find an anime I watched a while back. It came up in the comments of a video which reminded me of the series but, I was a dunce and forgot to take a screenshot of the comment.

I remember watching the anime on Netflix around 2016-2018 but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The anime itself was pretty bright and colorful in terms of style. The plot itself revolved around a boy who found a girl which if I am remembering correctly is an alien or artificial life form from or looking for a crystal. I do believe the boy tries to hide her from a militant group or some group that was after her.

I'm fairly certain its a Sci-fi anime but I'm not sure if it was tagged as one or not. It's also not exceedingly old either I'm pretty certain its newer than 2013.

Thank you in advance! If I remember anything more or come across the anime I will reply to myself
First, maybe "Comet Lucifer" (2015)(wiki-en)? It's on another planet with boy meets girl and crystal hunting is a big thing. not on Netflix ever I think but once in crunchyroll (or for UK), and licenced by Sentai. This seems closest by date and detail, but honestly I've never watched it and just tweaked some search tags which included military, since the ones that kinda came to mind weren't sounding quite right or I had not seen enough to be sure. Hopefully that is it if not then others may be by in the future with idea but if anything else comes up (like "not flying/mechs" etc) feel free up update.

I'll mention two quick ones that may not be it, but may be worth getting out of they way just in case. I don't typically follow what has been on Netflix so I'll give some thought in case a better one comes up.

Both are ova /short film (do you remember if it was a series?). Does you watch the whole thing and was it 13, 26, or longer episode count? Also did she have notable non human features if alien/non-human, or just very human looking alien?

FLCL - rather old and well known, not sure if it made it to Netflix, but got two new versions with different and less matching plot later on. Mostly because boy meets female 'alien'/space-traveler (looks fully human) looking for something, though she is probably more capable of protecting him, but he fights most. Somewhat colorful. Not quite military group from city after then. You would probably remember some other bits of it was this. Newer ones may not match plot though.

Cencoroll - Not quite guy finds girl and protect per se, but military is involved alien like things are involved, wiggly hair. Also color pallet it quite drab and not as colorful in hair and outfits but fun in animation. I watched it a long time back and it's the newer two part "Connect" that is on Netflix, and I'd been putting off watching it. I can't remember seeking a crystal or item but plot was meandering and more art form / demo for the first one.

Xam'd: (old 2008) human weapons, where boy turns into one and picked up by a girl. Gem in the arm for the guy, maybe a large crystal /soulstone later in the show but not sure if their purpose is to get it. Backgrounds may be bland but with vivid color foreground/actions. I watched a few episodes when it was airing and the action was exciting but dropped as it wasn't otherwise hooking me in, so it's been a long time and can't comment much.

Eureka Seven Ao. 2012 (or earlier season is much older) boy meets girl which might be alien they work together as she opens up more. They join anti-war group and military conflicts. Does have vivid colors in the animation (also see Xam'd). Flying mechs with sky-surfboards... An old friend enjoyed it by I had not watched but a few episodes it so I can't quite comment more.

Last edited by anime2004; 2022-03-15 at 06:38. Reason: Added question about alien features it alien/nonhuman
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 12:14   Link #12722
Elridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
First, maybe "Comet Lucifer" (2015)(wiki-en)? It's on another planet with boy meets girl and crystal hunting is a big thing. not on Netflix ever I think but once in crunchyroll (or for UK), and licenced by Sentai. This seems closest by date and detail, but honestly I've never watched it and just tweaked some search tags which included military, since the ones that kinda came to mind weren't sounding quite right or I had not seen enough to be sure. Hopefully that is it if not then others may be by in the future with idea but if anything else comes up (like "not flying/mechs" etc) feel free up update.
Thank you so much!! I can't believe someone already found it. I spent a good few hours looking through catalogs but I guess I was just missing it some how! I think it was because I was looking for something with devil or demon in the title probably because of the word 'Lucifer'.

Thank you again!
Elridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-16, 10:49   Link #12723
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

This was a manga.

It was a school centered around fighting. The protagonist can handle his own (but not overpowered) and defeats a girl with an eyepatch who also has a sword I think. The top dog (or in other words, the strongest person; I don’t know if she was also student council president) of the school was a girl who was sort of a childhood friend to the protagonist. A major plot point was the tension between the two despite the eyepatch girl being “first girl”.

The climax of the manga was him and the strongest childhood friend fight. I believe the childhood friend realizes she’s in love with the main character and eventually gets defeated by him. She had been struggling to accept that she had feelings for him prior to this.

The childhood friend has long hair and in black and white manga art, it was looked black. I think the eyepatch girl had short hair. The main character had a glove that allowed him to do special fighting techniques.

Prior to this manga, the author had another manga that people were saying was cancelled and he started introducing characters from that manga to this one. The characters from the allegedly cancelled manga were apparently far more powerful than the childhood friend heroine.

Edit: I don’t remember well if eyepatch girl really had an eyepatch or if it was just bangs covering one of her eyes.

Last edited by Y Ddraig Goch; 2022-03-16 at 15:37.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-16, 16:32   Link #12724
Tenzen12

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism
Old 2022-03-16, 16:42   Link #12725
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

That’s the one! Thank you very much!!
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-23, 18:34   Link #12726
HashbrownMan

An anime I saw popular in Taiwan(can't promise if it's from Taiwan though)

So there is this anime of a huge mom that has her face look like a clamp, also being 50% of her body, the mouth have thick lips that goes from all the way from left to right oh her face(sounds bad but oh well). The dad I wears glasses and that's all the special details of him, the mom have two children, but I only remember one, and that boy has curly hair, the emotion is just (- -) and the mouth looks like a circle like "w"(yes the letter w).

The anime is about this mom and her family sometimes with some other people going through life events, there isn't a main plot (or most of the episodes don't have a main plot that goes to lore), it's just them messing around in daily life situations.
HashbrownMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-24, 21:19   Link #12727
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashbrownMan View Post
So there is this anime of a huge mom that has her face look like a clamp, also being 50% of her body, the mouth have thick lips that goes from all the way from left to right oh her face(sounds bad but oh well). The dad I wears glasses and that's all the special details of him, the mom have two children, but I only remember one, and that boy has curly hair, the emotion is just (- -) and the mouth looks like a circle like "w"(yes the letter w).

The anime is about this mom and her family sometimes with some other people going through life events, there isn't a main plot (or most of the episodes don't have a main plot that goes to lore), it's just them messing around in daily life situations.
Could it be "Atashin'chi" (あたしンち) Wiki(en)(jp) being aired in Taiwan? (If it was Japanese origin) I'm not sure about the clamp/vice head but the description reminded me of it. Just a quick one to note just in case since the likelyhood of seeing it is higher. (Google images) It might be known as《我們這一家》(jp) (zh) One of the YouTube openings.

(Sounds like it's definitely not Shin-chan or Radical Gag Family, etc)

Just to be sure, you mean it might be a Japanese anime that was dubbed (assuming it wasn't Japanese with subtitles), or was it most likely not an originally Japanese production? And is there a rough timeframe for when you saw it, in case it also helps others (and could the show be older looking then that time; that can be hard to say though)?

Last edited by anime2004; 2022-03-24 at 21:35. Reason: Added a YouTube opening sample.
Old 2022-03-27, 08:49   Link #12728
HashbrownMan

Yes that's it! Thank you!
HashbrownMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-27, 11:47   Link #12729
sliceandkill

anime find

hello, couple of days ago was watching tiktok and saw a anime video about a girl that get stabbed in her chest with a sword and then the male character use a big gattling gun amd shoot on like some sort of robot enemy cz they explode when get hit or something like that need to find the name of the anime if possible
sliceandkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 20:57   Link #12730
And

Question Anime where a single city has strange people

I don't remember anything from this anime except that there's a lot of people with powers in the city, I think it appears in their teenage years and when they leave the city the power disappears, I remember a guy and girl on the school rooftop talking about their powers or someone else's power. I think the anime had a tension and mysterious setting, because I remember having fear that something bad would happen at any moment, like those anime where they present themselves as good and turns out to have a lot of blood and gore, I don't think I saw blood and gore in this specific one, but I had the same feeling.
And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 00:30   Link #12731
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by And View Post
I don't remember anything from this anime except that there's a lot of people with powers in the city, I think it appears in their teenage years and when they leave the city the power disappears, I remember a guy and girl on the school rooftop talking about their powers or someone else's power. I think the anime had a tension and mysterious setting, because I remember having fear that something bad would happen at any moment, like those anime where they present themselves as good and turns out to have a lot of blood and gore, I don't think I saw blood and gore in this specific one, but I had the same feeling.
Cool, I think I actually can answer one
Sagrada Reset

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 21:32   Link #12732
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Cool, I think I actually can answer one
Sagrada Reset
Thank you very much, you are right, thanks for the help.
And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 12:18   Link #12733
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Looking for a cute girls doing cute things series.

As far as I'm aware this was manga only. Story revolves around four girls in highschool. We are first introduced to girl with long black hair (diligent type) who was living in a rural town but then went to Tokyo(?). At the start of chapter one she returns to said town and reunites with her childhood friend who is in the same grade but very tiny (somewhat of an airhead). The two others are small girl's friends who are living together in a small flat to go to school here. One is highly active and always up for some fun while the other is a bit more reserved. I could swear the last one's name was Minori.

The diligent one and the small one are one pairing and the active and reserved one are another. Back when they were kids Minori? was crying a lot and her friend often went over to her house to cheer her up. She succeeded and they got super close as a result.

edit: After an hour or more of painstakingly going through dozens of series, I finally found it. It was Tsurezure Biyori.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2022-05-10 at 16:50. Reason: Found it
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 03:20   Link #12734
Gianne

Help! I've been trying to find this manga for a long time now!

Here's a few details I remember about the manga, it is a yaoi manga and it has multiple story in one. I don't remember the first story very much but the second one, I remember that one of the ml was a male who does male crossdressing modelling (he was tall and muscular) I believe and he forced the other ml (he was thin and short) into having sex with him in a hotel room (I'll call the crossdresser ml(A) and the other ml(B) ). Once they've done the deed, the ml(B) got a call from his manager or something... And had to leave, but was slightly weak on the legs because it was his first time... Once they've arrived at an alley (I think... I remember they were in between two walls) ml(B)'s manager was in front of the alley waiting by a car and ml(B) was still walking quite wobbly and he was suddenly kissed by ml(A).

I also remember that while ml(A) was shooting, something happened and ml(B) heard that ml(A) got hurt, he rushed towards where ml(A) was to check up on him, but turns out it was just a minor scratch and ml(B) breaks down in tears in front of ml(A).

That's all I remember... Please help me find this manga if anyone can recall its name. I have literally been searching for years (╥﹏╥). I really hope you can help. Thank you!
Gianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 02:37   Link #12735
Rezuga

Anime/Manga

I started thinking about a couple of scenes from an Anime/Manga I saw several years ago and couldn't find any images based on what I remember. I believe it would fall under romance and school life catergories and possibly super natural.

The 1st scene I remember is they are on a school skiing trip, a blizzard happens and 2 students get caught up in it and can't get back to safety so they find a cave for shelter I believe.
1 of the characters is a tall atheltic boy the other is a loli. The girl passes out and to keep them both warm he puts her on his back underneath his clothing and spends the entire night building a giant snow sculptor

The 2nd scene I remember is the girl has a heart condition and has to go to the US for the surgery, while she is overseas the boy enters a skateboard competition, during the competition the boy screws up lands on his head and dies, we also learn that at the sametime the girl dies on the surgery table, there ghosts meet up. I think doctors were able to revive them though.

Pretty sure these 2 characters were side characters to the main ones. I feel like this might be part of a manga where the main character is a dude with extreme bad luck who finds out he is half angel.
Rezuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 17:38   Link #12736
euoonqi

Need help finding anime

Please help - my friend is looking for an anime, she does not know the title, but here are the details:

There was a young lady that made dolls and one day decided to gift one of her dolls to a guy she liked. She gave him this doll when he was surrounded by a crowd of other guys, and she brought the doll in some type of paper wrapping. The guys started to laugh at him for being given a doll, and he got flustered and angry and smashed the doll on the floor.

If it helps - my friend remembers watching the anime back in 2004-2005 in Russia on TV (she doesn't remember the channel), so any suggestions you might have for anime that started after 2005 are out, and she said that the animation style looked quite old, so the anime may very well be from the 90's. It also could have been an anime film instead of a series, she does not know, she only remembers seeing the snippet on TV.

Her other friend that remembers watching the same anime said that she remembers that when the guy smashed the doll, the young lady started crying and ran away, and the guys continued to laugh. Then some time passed, they grew up, and they met again, and the young lady remembered the guy, but he did not remember her.

This is all the information I have, but if someone wants to ask questions, I can definitely pass it along because she is very invested in trying to find the anime. I know it's a long shot, but thank you anyway.
euoonqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-05, 15:50   Link #12737
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by euoonqi View Post
Please help - my friend is looking for an anime, she does not know the title, but here are the details:

There was a young lady that made dolls and one day decided to gift one of her dolls to a guy she liked. She gave him this doll when he was surrounded by a crowd of other guys, and she brought the doll in some type of paper wrapping. The guys started to laugh at him for being given a doll, and he got flustered and angry and smashed the doll on the floor.

This is from the first season of original Sailor Moon!

It is....gimme a sec....

Episode 18: "Shingo's Love: The Grieving Doll"

You can read about it in detail here:

https://wikimoon.org/index.php/Shing...ul_French_Doll

I could be wrong if another show has the same scenario as this..but I'm 99.9% certain.
Old 2022-10-18, 07:20   Link #12738
KanuUnchou

Hey, does anyone know this manga about a ghost girl bound to a school that gets stuck while passing through the walls (i distinctly remember her getting stuck in the blackboard while passing through the wall and starts writing chalk messages on it). It's a romcom kind of like tasogare otome. In another scene the guy was sitting out with his guy friend near the steps leading into the building or smthn and the guy was told he's too donkan-ish or smthn along those lines and that he won't find a gf. The MC guy fell roughly into this variety of generic look:-

Another detail is that it was scanlating in the last 5-6 years max only.
Oh also the messages she used to write on boards was "help help" to apparently highlight she got stuck in the blackboard while passing through the wall and it created this urban legend in their school. The MC got to know about it after meeting her (and she gets stuck at one occasion) and seeing her stuck and it was his eureka moment. It's a lighthearted rom com.
KanuUnchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 18:35   Link #12739
my hero

Can anyone help me with this
I need the name of the animal or manga about High Priest Augustine of the Elmo Empire and the Shadow Force and he has son and he will send him away to friend to be his teacher
my hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-01, 01:15   Link #12740
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanuUnchou View Post
Hey, does anyone know this manga about a ghost girl bound to a school that gets stuck while passing through the walls (i distinctly remember her getting stuck in the blackboard while passing through the wall and starts writing chalk messages on it). It's a romcom kind of like tasogare otome. In another scene the guy was sitting out with his guy friend near the steps leading into the building or smthn and the guy was told he's too donkan-ish or smthn along those lines and that he won't find a gf. The MC guy fell roughly into this variety of generic look:-

Another detail is that it was scanlating in the last 5-6 years max only.
Oh also the messages she used to write on boards was "help help" to apparently highlight she got stuck in the blackboard while passing through the wall and it created this urban legend in their school. The MC got to know about it after meeting her (and she gets stuck at one occasion) and seeing her stuck and it was his eureka moment. It's a lighthearted rom com.
Hi KanuUnchou, we're you able to find what you were looking for?

By chance could it be the manga version of "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia"?

(EDIT: oops you'd already mentioned it but it was a month later when the topic came up with my friend and I'd not remembered it was already noted until rechecking just now.. sorry.)

Title: Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Tasogare Otome × Amunejia)
Wiki(en): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusk_Maiden_of_Amnesia
Manga: 2009-2013 (10vol); Anime: 2012 (13ep)

It might have been translated further back then what you described, though.

I haven't read it but a visiting friend randomly brought up the anime today and I realized I knew the promotional art without being shown, but had forgotten the premise until they were describing it. It may not be it but I thought I'd mention it just in case. It had been on my list of things to consider watching in the past but I never got around to it. So I can't say that is it but maybe worth mentioning. If that's not it then just tell us know and I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

---
EDIT2: if not that then, It's not Pajama wa Kanojo. (not specifically tied around the school)

Actually, how about:

Title: Ushiro no Shindere-san (うしろノしんでれさん)
Wiki(jp): Wikipedia
Product Page(jp): Kodansa
Manga: 2010-2011 (1vol)
(Unfortunately suspended due to their other projects.)

If you still have access to a copy then check the first few chapters where she should get stuck passing through the blackboard

That may be when your searching for if you haven't found it yet.

Sorry about the false start before. I just suddenly came to Tasogare Otome by chance and rushed to suggest before rereading your past comment. Hope that helps if still needed.

Last edited by anime2004; 2022-12-18 at 05:46. Reason: Forgot it the title was mentioned.. oops; edit2: better suggestion now

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel